Author Topic: FA Cup, Chelsea away selling details  (Read 26877 times)

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
FA Cup, Chelsea away selling details
« on: February 11, 2020, 11:33:20 am »
Liverpool FC has released the following away ticket details for the Emirates FA Cup fifth-round tie against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday March 3.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 7.45pm GMT.

The club has received a total allocation of 5,466 stand tickets from Chelsea Football Club for this all-ticket fixture.

On receipt of the allocation, LFC challenged CFC on why the number is less than the standard 15 per cent FA Cup allocation.

The club have been informed that the decision to have a reduced allocation is made by Chelsea’s Safety Advisory Group and based on a number of factors.

Chelsea said that the decision is final and will not change.

Supporters not in possession of a ticket are urged not to travel.

Ticket prices

Adult: £30
Over 65: £15
Juniors (under 20): £15

Supporters under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult over 18 years.

Please be aware that supporters in possession of concessionary tickets will be asked for ID at the turnstiles. If supporters are not able to provide the relevant ID, they will be refused entry.

Hospitality members

Sir Kenny Dalglish Box holders, Premium Level and Centenary Club members should contact the hospitality department on 0151 264 2222, option two.

Disabled supporters

Within the allocation, we have received 30 pairs of wheelchair and personal assistant tickets. Tickets will be available to season ticket holders and official Members who recorded previous ticket purchases for wheelchair bays for FA Cup away fixtures.

Ambulant and personal assistant tickets are also available - please click here for full details.

Ticket sales

The below sales will take place ONLINE only.

Tickets will be available to season ticket holders and official Members who have recorded the following FA Cup away fixtures during seasons 15-16, 16-17, 18-19 and 19-20:

Shrewsbury Town (19-20)
Wolverhampton Wanderers (18-19)
Plymouth Argyle (16-17)
Exeter City (15-16)
West Ham United (15-16)

Two games: from 2pm Thursday February 13 until 1.30pm Friday February 14.

Supporters are guaranteed a ticket during this sale and can purchase one ticket per person, up to a maximum of 10 tickets per transaction.

The following sale will then take place on a first come, first served basis, subject to availability, and supporters can purchase one ticket per person up to a maximum of four tickets per transaction.

One or more games: from 2pm Friday February 14.

Should there be any tickets remaining following the initial sales, Liverpool FC will make a further announcement. Supporters are advised to check here for sale updates.

In the event there are further sales, tickets will be available to season ticket holders, followed by official Members.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tickets/386459-chelsea-v-liverpool-ticket-selling-details
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 11:43:04 am by ABJ »
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
Re: FA Cup, Chelsea away selling details
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 11:36:04 am »
On receipt of the allocation, LFC challenged CFC on why the number is less than the standard 15 per cent FA Cup allocation.

The club have been informed that the decision to have a reduced allocation is made by Chelsea’s Safety Advisory Group and based on a number of factors.

Chelsea said that the decision is final and will not change.

Everyone is doing this now. It's bullshit, is there anyway for it to be challenged? Spirit of Shankly etc?

Glad to see I'll be guaranteed!
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 11:39:07 am »
Surely it’s the FA, and not Chelsea, they should now be challenging with. Chelsea are breaking an FA rule, and we’ve accepted the reason as to why without reporting to the FA.
Long live the King

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 11:41:50 am »
Surely it’s the FA, and not Chelsea, they should now be challenging with. Chelsea are breaking an FA rule, and we’ve accepted the reason as to why without reporting to the FA.
The FA couldn't give a fuck though, thats the problem.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline ripsaw19

• Kopite
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 11:43:05 am »
Figured that two games would be guaranteed but with the numbers that attended Wolves and West Ham, it'll leave hardly any for those with one.
ST Waiting List Position - 1556

Offline DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
  • We've conquered Europe and we're never gonna stop
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 11:44:13 am »
Absolute joke. That’s a fair chunk less than what it should be. Ridiculous that the bigger clubs always do this to Liverpool and get away with it handily, no questions asked. The 15% allocation rule gets taken the piss out of so often. In the guaranteed sale myself but it’s still extremely annoying to see this happen again

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 11:50:28 am »
They did the same to United in the League Cup. I think the front two rows of both tiers are basically taken out.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 11:53:05 am »
Shambolic from Chelsea.   More than a thousand empty seats in The Shed end by the looks of things.  Also in the guaranteed sale but we really need to take this to task. Maybe we should give Chelsea a pitiful allocation for our game at Anfield in May.  I am sure we can find good reason.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2020, 11:53:51 am »
Shambolic from Chelsea.   More than a thousand empty seats in The Shed end by the looks of things.  Also in the guaranteed sale but we really need to take this to task. Maybe we should give Chelsea a pitiful allocation for our game at Anfield in May.  I am sure we can find good reason.

Why? Chelsea's fans didn't decide this.

Offline GarethW

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2020, 12:12:51 pm »
"The club have been informed that the decision to have a reduced allocation is made by Chelsea’s Safety Advisory Group and based on a number of factors.

Chelsea said that the decision is final and will not change."

Even with a safety issue or whatever BS they've come up with there is still no reason to not provide 15% allocation. They should consider using a different stand etc.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2020, 12:16:35 pm »
Why? Chelsea's fans didn't decide this.

Maybe not, but we need to hit clubs like this hard who make up any sort of excuse not to accommodate our fans.       If the stand is unsafe it will still be unsafe for every Chelsea game so those seats should be empty for all matches.   Or they give us our correct allocation in a stand that they deem to be safe.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2020, 12:17:55 pm »
"The club have been informed that the decision to have a reduced allocation is made by Chelsea’s Safety Advisory Group and based on a number of factors.

Chelsea said that the decision is final and will not change."

Even with a safety issue or whatever BS they've come up with there is still no reason to not provide 15% allocation. They should consider using a different stand etc.

We give away teams slightly less than 3000 tickets for Anfield for the same reason.

Maybe not, but we need to hit clubs like this hard who make up any sort of excuse not to accommodate our fans.       If the stand is unsafe it will still be unsafe for every Chelsea game so those seats should be empty for all matches.   Or they give us our correct allocation in a stand that they deem to be safe.

How would you hit our own club who do this regularly?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 12:20:10 pm by Hightown Phil »

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2020, 12:35:40 pm »
Arsenal is the worst for this - supposed to give out near enough 9,000 tickets and if it's United or Liverpool somehow manage to give only 5,500 or so out.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2020, 12:36:49 pm »
That rule for Newcastle is a joke aswell having the fans up in the fucking gods

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2020, 12:45:38 pm »
That rule for Newcastle is a joke aswell having the fans up in the fucking gods

Yep. If they can't accommodate away fans pitchside, then surely that should mean that their ground doesn't conform to Premier League rules standards, and therefore they should be relegated.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2020, 12:58:04 pm »
We give away teams slightly less than 3000 tickets for Anfield for the same reason.

How would you hit our own club who do this regularly?

We don't give 1,000 less though.

Offline stoz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2020, 01:02:30 pm »

I'm sure the Marketing team at the club are already thinking how they could have an extra 900 tickets, to sell as part of 'The Dream' package and seeing the team lift the trophy, at five grand a piece.

Although I do agree with Phil, it's not fair that it's the fans that get hit, not the club.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2020, 01:04:37 pm »
We don't give 1,000 less though.

You're right but the percentage is similar and it doesn't make the point less valid. It's hardly like they're selling the tickets to their own fans anyway is it, so it's going to cost them quite a lot of money.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2020, 01:12:28 pm »
On the plus side, it could be worse. I don't think we've lost as many seats as United did in the League Cup game.

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2020, 01:21:30 pm »
On the plus side, it could be worse. I don't think we've lost as many seats as United did in the League Cup game.

That is awful, how on earth did they get away with that?

What exactly is the safety concern they're trying to claim? The number of fans will be unmanageable?

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2020, 01:25:47 pm »
So 2pm on Thurs?  wtf?!
We are a team of one half.

Offline stoz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2020, 01:36:51 pm »
So 2pm on Thurs?  wtf?!

Must be a late availability, or Local sale in the morning?

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2020, 01:39:53 pm »

This is inexcusable.  If the rule says 15% then 15% it is.  No ifs, no buts.   How do these seats suddenly become unsafe for matches where it suits Chelsea?

As far as Anfield is concerned we are no different and should be giving away teams 3000 not 2800.  We manage it for FA Cup games with near enough 8000.  One thing we do well at Anfield is minimise the number of seats lost through segregation. 
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2020, 01:41:46 pm »
Must be a late availability, or Local sale in the morning?

West Ham local general sale on at 8:15am. Atletico Madrid STH with 3 credits sale on at 11am.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2020, 01:47:35 pm »
This is inexcusable.  If the rule says 15% then 15% it is.  No ifs, no buts.   How do these seats suddenly become unsafe for matches where it suits Chelsea?

As far as Anfield is concerned we are no different and should be giving away teams 3000 not 2800.  We manage it for FA Cup games with near enough 8000.  One thing we do well at Anfield is minimise the number of seats lost through segregation. 

It won't be Chelsea's decision, it'll be the council's. The safety thing will be due to people standing in seats that Chelsea fans wouldn't usually stand in. The rule isn't as simple as 'you want 15%, you get 15%'. It has to fit more criteria than just 15% of the ground's capacity and that's what's happened here.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2020, 01:55:19 pm »
It won't be Chelsea's decision, it'll be the council's. The safety thing will be due to people standing in seats that Chelsea fans wouldn't usually stand in. The rule isn't as simple as 'you want 15%, you get 15%'. It has to fit more criteria than just 15% of the ground's capacity and that's what's happened here.

They don’t take out the front 5 rows of seats for league games.  Using the same logic we would only get 2750 in the league. Equally Chelsea fans stand in The Matthew Harding but I doubt they will see empty seats there.   It is selective application of the rules at best.   
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2020, 01:58:07 pm »
They don’t take out the front 5 rows of seats for league games.  Using the same logic we would only get 2750 in the league. Equally Chelsea fans stand in The Matthew Harding but I doubt they will see empty seats there.   It is selective application of the rules at best.
Yeah Chelsea fans stand in the lower tier for every game, I could understand taking the first two rows of the upper tier but like the first 5 is a bit absurd

Offline Jonny_H

• aliday
  • Kopite
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2020, 01:59:24 pm »
Was hoping for a better allocation here in the hope it might get to all season ticket holders so I could get one. That would seem unlikely now I think!

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]
There are only two teams in liverpool, liverpool and liverpool reserves.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2020, 02:00:35 pm »
There's a portion in the lower tier that's missing for league games for what it's worth. I think it's shite and unnecessary for what it's worth, but giving Chelsea less tickets in a revenge attack isn't a solution.

Offline DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2020, 02:06:27 pm »
No chance for STHs unfortunately. Will only be a few hundred left after the 2 credit sale when you account for players and sponsors etc

Offline Milly B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2020, 02:08:19 pm »
Chelsea gave Sheff Weds 5900 last season, I'd love to know why we couldnt get that allocation.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2020, 02:11:37 pm »

But then that all falls apart when you think they give other fans a bigger allocation

Do these issues just not appear/matter when it's anyone else other than Liverpool/United?

Do other team's fans not have legs to stand up with?

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2020, 02:14:22 pm »
But then that all falls apart when you think they give other fans a bigger allocation

Do these issues just not appear/matter when it's anyone else other than Liverpool/United?

Do other team's fans not have legs to stand up with?

Having looked, Spurs lost more tickets than that from the upper tier last season as well. I'd say it'll be something to do with having a history of standing at the ground. The stewards even look like they're wearing fucking hard hats by the Spurs end.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2020, 02:14:38 pm »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2020, 02:18:19 pm »
Having looked, Spurs lost more tickets than that from the upper tier last season as well. I'd say it'll be something to do with having a history of standing at the ground. The stewards even look like they're wearing fucking hard hats by the Spurs end.

Or it could be something more to do with the fact Spurs are hated rivals?

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2020, 02:23:32 pm »
Or it could be something more to do with the fact Spurs are hated rivals?

They let Spurs fans have the first few rows so just stupid bureaucracy.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2020, 02:27:49 pm »
I think they're just being dicks cause it's us.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2020, 02:30:37 pm »
United had 2500 empty seats in that end this season so it's probably nothing personal.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2020, 02:38:00 pm »
United had 2500 empty seats in that end this season so it's probably nothing personal.

United are the same boat as us and Spurs.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2020, 02:41:16 pm »
Right, so not because it's literally us then. Looks the council are being selective with how they grant their safety certificates anyway which is obviously ridiculous.