Author Topic: Who to complain to about the so-called 'Street Food' at Anfield?  (Read 12737 times)

Offline M(oaning) B(ecomes) E(mbarrassing)

• Worthless.
  • RAWK Embarrassment
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thoroughly thought through
Who to complain to about the so-called 'Street Food' at Anfield?
« on: December 31, 2016, 09:01:17 pm »
I know I should be bouncing after today's win V Man City but I still can't get over the cheek the so-called 'Street Food' vendors in the Fan Park think they can get away with by the utter shite they actually charge you for.  If you could pay what it was worth, they'd have to pay YOU to try and eat it.  Unsurprisingly, there's no queues at their hut but if all the others were crowded, a person might be tempted to try out their 'offerings' (no menu, no list of what they do, you actually have to ask what they have) but I'd advise in the strongest possible terms not to do so.  The so-called 'chips' were micro by McNasty's standards and they'd refuse to try and sell them if they came out of their fryers.  The congealed slime around their concrete chicken was supposed to be a spicy sauce but it was awful on many levels.  Absolute muck and that's being kind to them.  How they've cot a concession to sell here mystifies me. 
It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Who to complain to about the so-called 'Street Food' at Anfield?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 09:42:16 pm »
Sounds like it was a good luck charm. Eat it next time please.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #2 on: January 1, 2017, 08:00:54 am »
Street food my arse. Go to Homebaked and support the local community instead mate. Great food great people.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #3 on: January 1, 2017, 12:14:32 pm »
Always go in Linda's cafe. Might wait a while but the food is good, affordable and supports a local business.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #4 on: January 1, 2017, 12:31:39 pm »
Complain to them. Why didn't you just say it wasn't acceptable and ask for your money back? The reason people get away with selling shit food is because no one complains at the time and just moans to their friends or the Internet. If people say something they might improve their offer.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5 on: January 1, 2017, 01:20:33 pm »
Can't believe people actually pay the prices that they charge anyway. Like others have said, go to Linda's or Homebaked if you want something decent.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #6 on: January 4, 2017, 08:59:45 am »
I just go to the chippy up the road, though there is only one left now I think?
Fish n chips & a drink for less than the price of a sausage roll and a coke inside the ground.

Ashamed to say it but the chippy near Goodison, think it's called the Blue Dragon is very good.

Will try Linda's Cafe next time.
« Last Edit: January 4, 2017, 09:02:38 am by Bullet Riddled Alfredo »
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Farman

• Heading off for a fruit based orgy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 4, 2017, 01:10:11 pm »
...Or try Steve's Fish Bar up near the corner on Breck Road. A 5 minute walk from the ground and cheap as...err...chips.
The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 6, 2017, 12:19:06 am »
Don't buy the shite.  I keep getting surveys from The Club and I always highlight shite food at exorbitant prices.  That is in the ground but the same applies outside.   As an aside I bought a double cheeseburger and a jumbo hotdog and two drinks for a fiver for me and my lad from a burger van outside The Stadium of Light this week.  Awesome, told the vendor that I would have paid £12 for the same outside Anfield.  He was well impressed.   
« Last Edit: January 6, 2017, 12:20:44 am by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2017, 03:31:23 pm »
Only used them once, I'd been in a bit of a rush and I was desperate for a drink and there was no queue.  As I was waiting to get served I saw the burgers were a ridiculous price (£7??).  As my unconscious mind was processing this I was asked what I wanted, bottle of coke £2.50.

Fuck that, never again.

With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2021, 03:17:53 pm »
So the "£2.90 beers" were warm 500ml cans of Carlsberg, the pouring of which took so long half of the long queue didn't get a half-time drink. The place has been shut for 18 months, how hard would it have been to renovate the creaking Kop bars? They didn't even have the dedicated beer kiosk open and everything other than the abysmal lager was full price.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline reddazforever

• Anny Roader
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2021, 10:43:32 pm »
So the "£2.90 beers" were warm 500ml cans of Carlsberg, the pouring of which took so long half of the long queue didn't get a half-time drink. The place has been shut for 18 months, how hard would it have been to renovate the creaking Kop bars? They didn't even have the dedicated beer kiosk open and everything other than the abysmal lager was full price.

Was an absolute dog’s dinner.  I was trying to get a coke and couldn’t get near the counter due to the best queues. First time in 20 years I’ve not managed to get a drink before ko or during HT.  doesn’t take a rocket scientist to get more people pouring or just give everyone cans?
Proudest ever moment was in the Ataturk stadium - i'm sure the wife will understand!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2021, 11:12:57 pm »
Not allowed to give cans, they used to give Carlsberg in bottles though (without cap). Not sure what happened to that.

Offline The Last Known Survivor

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2021, 04:20:19 pm »
Can they not just give out opened cans?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2021, 06:12:08 pm »
Can they not just give out opened cans?

Nope, pretty sure not allowed.