Author Topic: Liverpool FC - 3 - 0 FC Gomel (FT) Borini, Gerrard, Johnson  (Read 56965 times)

Offline Megasuperb

• really would look good without that pattern
  • Legacy Fan
  • Diet Water Please
Re: Liverpool FC - 3 - 0 FC Gomel (FT) Borini, Gerrard, Johnson
« Reply #280 on: August 10, 2012, 01:15:12 am »
any vids for the goals?

audio / video thread mate
Quote from: Mohammad Shahrul
We are going to bully them today. We are a big club. We are Liverpool
for God sake and we are marching to Wembley. The shit club like
Villa is just a sex slave for The Mighty Reds' lust.

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: August 10, 2012, 01:17:26 am »
audio / video thread mate

ha forgot all about that thread, cheers.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline Morritsey

• Kemlynite
  • Hail to the king baby.
« Reply #282 on: August 10, 2012, 01:22:04 am »
Was at this, great match, was speaking to my old man before the game saying we missed people scoring tap ins and rebounds in the box last season, and we got 2.

Chuffed I got to see borini's dagger celebration :), lad is gonna be good for us, his movement was great!

Rather than individuals, thought it was a great team performance, we rarely gave the ball away cheaply, very enjoyable match!
"A word has yet to be invented for whatever it is you are, but you are one, a complete and total one!" - Arnold Rimmer

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: August 10, 2012, 01:25:23 am »
Good Pre Season workout for the full team!  BRING  ON the PL now!  :)
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline redintweed

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #284 on: August 10, 2012, 01:53:32 am »
Just watched the game for a second time and I believe it was as good a start to Rodger's Anfield career as he could of hoped for. I thought every player on the park played extremely well, especially considering how little that team has played together in the pre season. It was interesting to see Joe Allen at the game and he looks to be a done deal if the media are to be believed. I have seen him play a bit and he is a classy performer. Him and Lucas would be a brilliant partnership with Henderson as back up to those two and Shelvey as back up to Stevie. I do fear for Adam's future as I think he will only be a squad player at best. I hope he stays as we need the depth.

The link up play was exceptional and it seemed like Stevie and Louis have an excellent understanding. Borini's movement was excellent and some of the runs he made were pure class. He didn't get that final ball often enough but that will happen as the lads start to understand where he is going to be. Great to see him get a debut goal at Anfield as well. Stevie just has to play in the hole. He is immense in that role. I really don't want to see him coming back to get the ball off the centre halves unless we have a massive injury crises. If he can stay mostly injury free this season then I don't think scoring goals will be our problem. Louis was almost unplayable at times. If he keeps that up this season, there are going to be a few opposition defenders shitting themselves.  Even Downing was good tonight. He took players on and delivered some excellent balls.

How good is it to see Lucas back? We just look a different team with him there. He has such a calming influence. The defenders can play a bit higher and Stevie can get forward , knowing he doesn't have to track back as much. I see a couple of pages back someone thought Jonjo was lucky to not see red. I agree. He should have got a card in the first half and that tackle in the second half was bordering on a straight red. Studs up and sliding. I'll forgive it as youthful enthusiasm, but he needs to learn to control himself. He played quite well and I am torn between whether he should go out on loan and get some games under his belt, or stay as an understudy to Stevie. He needs games at his age but he is such a talented player, that he could come on with 20 to go in a tight game and make all the difference.

The back four were immense tonight and Pepe hardly had a thing to do. If we sell our best ball playing centre half and don't have a high quality replacement lined up (at the right price), then we are not really in the position that I thought we were. Even if we get 25 million quid, what are we losing? Probably close to the best ball playing centre half in the world. Danny is just so assured on the ball. He seems to have an eternity to find a player in a better position. That pass in the second half to Downing, the 50 yard cross field ball, was like a missile. If there is another centre half who can do that, I haven't seen him yet. Please Brendan, resist the urge and give him a new contract and he'll become the new Sami.

Watching that game was a pleasant experience. The hopes are building this season and reading through these pages, I think many are expecting a much improved year. I certainly am.
I'd rather play for Liverpool Reserves than Everton.

Offline Los back. Thanks.

• Legacy Fan
Liverpool FC - 3 - 0 FC Gomel (FT) Borini, Gerrard, Johnson
« Reply #285 on: August 10, 2012, 01:53:38 am »
The internet at work - a joke post becomes a rumour becomes the truth.

So true, I remember reading that post. However, sarcasm is hard to convey on the net sometimes

Offline Smug Cassandra

• outh strikes again :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Siempre Liverpool Siempre River Plate
« Reply #286 on: August 10, 2012, 02:17:51 am »
"It's out of Agger's hands and up to the owners"
How it works in US sport, see Moneyball film for details.
! LIVERPOOL - EN LAS MALAS - MUCHO MAS !

Offline Garcepticon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: August 10, 2012, 02:19:24 am »
We were taking minutes out of that game like a fucking boss. Superb control of the game for long periods.

I love Carroll, and I really dont want him to go. I swear he could do a very good job for us this season, but the interchanging of the front three admittedly stands against him.

Offline redoneusa

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: August 10, 2012, 02:37:41 am »
Played well I thought, a decent win. Didn't concede a goal and scored three and the new lad gets on the score sheet. A great night's work I reckon.

YNWA
You will find me on Twatter: Follow my Twatter

Offline Danyaals Kop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #290 on: August 10, 2012, 02:57:53 am »
The internet at work - a joke post becomes a rumour becomes the truth.
That's why I said 'supposedly'  ;) Thought it was a bizarre coincidence myself...
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline Ronanoman

• Kopite
« Reply #291 on: August 10, 2012, 03:17:00 am »
snip

Agree with almost all of that except I don't think we should entertain the idea of loaning out Shelvey. If we are hit with injuries, I would be much more comfortable seeing Shelvey given a run than Adam or Spearing. They should both stay unless another midfielder is bought (in addition to Allen) but at the same time I would like them to be used as a luxury rather than through necessity.

As for Borini, thought his movement was really impressive. I remember one ball being played to Suarez out wide, when he and Borini both burst forward ahead of their whole defence but the cross was just behind Borini. Borini started the run early, going offside as he knew the ball wasn't coming to him and it gave him a huge head-start over their cb's and a lot of space if the cross had a bit sooner. I remember a certain van horse-face doing that plenty and it's very encouraging to see that sort of anticipation and movement.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #292 on: August 10, 2012, 03:17:37 am »
I thought Gerrard and Suarez had excellent link ups tonight; they were really in tune. Really hoping they can stick with that and add Borini in to the mix. Borini's got the raw material and the work rate it seems, just need some blending in and I'm very hopeful for this season.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline reds7

• Kopite
  • Walk on Tommo
« Reply #293 on: August 10, 2012, 04:30:41 am »
Fantastic performance. For me, big Andy has real cause for concern watching the interplay up front, I just can't see him playing a role.

Luis MOTM, hopefully we can carry on this momentum into the league cos we're going to need it

Offline artanis

• Legacy Fan
  • It is what it is.
« Reply #294 on: August 10, 2012, 04:48:24 am »
Fantastic performance. For me, big Andy has real cause for concern watching the interplay up front, I just can't see him playing a role.

Luis MOTM, hopefully we can carry on this momentum into the league cos we're going to need it

In all honesty, the way we play we should get fouled a lot around the box. Then Carroll would be useful in set piece situations. He just needs to be competent, not briliant in this passing system.

On other fronts:
Seeing Lucas back and healthy starting at Anfield is jizz producing stuff. Cleanup on isle 5 please.

Shelvey very promising but immature tackles. Could have been sent off and the first time tackle, almost two footed would maybe put us to 10 men. He should be a PL sub and start every EL and cup game this season to give him maturity. He could maybe even inherit the Gerrard mantle in a few years when he eats some smarties.

Suarez, love him, just love him.

4-4-2  should be made illegal.

Rogers likely thinking, WOW these players are more talented than the Swansea bunch. If I made them decent I can make these guys great. Sky's the limit baby.

Really looking forward to the season.

Offline WraithXx

• LinguistiCc PedanTt. Ass Man fan. IN PONTO PERDITUS
  • Legacy Fan
  • veritas aequitas
« Reply #295 on: August 10, 2012, 04:57:26 am »
Rodgers = Rafa, what with the notepad after goals and all :)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­­­­­­­­­­­
LIVERPOOL F.C
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­

Offline American_Kopite

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA. JFT96.
« Reply #296 on: August 10, 2012, 05:02:39 am »
Jesus, what a few class nutmegs by Suarez. What a fucking talent.

Then Suarez' tricks before the pass to Borini, I hope to see more of that later.

Just a beautiful match.
YNWA - JFT96. I have an unhealthy obsession with Xabi Alonso. Don't tell my girlfriend.

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: August 10, 2012, 06:26:43 am »
Some of the plays were simply breathtaking. A joy to watch & a good start for Rodgers at Anfield. Let's bring on the season

Offline dorsetgill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: August 10, 2012, 06:29:03 am »
Great performance.Luis outstanding.

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #299 on: August 10, 2012, 06:33:22 am »
We looked great, but we were only playing Gomer Pile

Although I liked our shape and movement and link up play,
Suarez, Borini and Gerrard will torment a few defences this season.

Good to see Lucas have a solid performance and make it through a full game.

Crowd reacted well to Carroll warming up, I hope he stays and fights, he will give us something different when needed.

Carra still doesn't listen to instructions, he should have shot ;)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 06:35:02 am by KopThat »

Offline shawnk

• redemptn
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #300 on: August 10, 2012, 06:36:26 am »
Great performance.Luis outstanding.

Did he get all the goal assist?

Offline ArchieC

• Legacy Fan
  • Once a Red Always a Red WE BLEED RED!!
« Reply #301 on: August 10, 2012, 07:01:31 am »
I don't know about any1 else. But seeing Agger and Skrtel lined up next 2 each other in any game for the reds is like a hit of Cocaine. 
We all bleed RED!!

Offline dobbadobbs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice..
« Reply #302 on: August 10, 2012, 07:02:14 am »
Brendan has nailed it.

Gerrard high up the pitch where he is most dangerous. 4-2-3-1. No straight lines.

Yes, personnel is not quite there yet, but very encouraging.
'Rome wasn't built in a day...but milan was destroyed in 7 minutes'

Xbox Live - Dobbadobbs

Betfair referral code, no catch...£20 each for both of us FWHVCRTRF <----enter this on registering...

Offline Andy

• short fingered vulgarian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent.
« Reply #303 on: August 10, 2012, 07:08:15 am »

It's also how it works over here, see Mike Ashley for details.

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #304 on: August 10, 2012, 07:40:47 am »
Yes the opposition was weak but it is early August and we have seen some dire performances against European minnows at this stage of the season over the past decade or so. The fact that the performance had such a vibrancy about it was the most impressive aspect of the way we played given the fact that some players have just got out the blocks.

Offline mysterio_86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: August 10, 2012, 07:45:43 am »
Yes the opposition was weak but it is early August and we have seen some dire performances against European minnows at this stage of the season over the past decade or so. The fact that the performance had such a vibrancy about it was the most impressive aspect of the way we played given the fact that some players have just got out the blocks.

Main guys can rest for the weekend Sami game, let the kids play !
Sebastion Coates, Suso, Sterling, Shelvey, Samed Yesil, SinclairSama, Smichael Ngoo, Sryan McLaughlin, Sjordan Ibe, - The S Law

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: August 10, 2012, 07:52:00 am »
Suarez was robbed of chances being laid on the plate for him because of the awful linesman.

Especially when Borini was well clear down the left flank with Suarez waiting for a tap-in in the middle, was so onside it was ridiculous.

Offline mysterio_86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: August 10, 2012, 07:53:52 am »
Suarez was robbed of chances being laid on the plate for him because of the awful linesman.

Especially when Borini was well clear down the left flank with Suarez waiting for a tap-in in the middle, was so onside it was ridiculous.

Its okie not a big deal, he will get his goals
Sebastion Coates, Suso, Sterling, Shelvey, Samed Yesil, SinclairSama, Smichael Ngoo, Sryan McLaughlin, Sjordan Ibe, - The S Law

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: August 10, 2012, 07:54:43 am »
Very entertaining game that was. We dominated a lesser team from start to finish, like we always did all these years, and very much last season. The difference between this game and the games where we absolutely tore teams a new one and yet failed to win last season was we were so much more in control when we did not have the ball. The closing down was superb, the two mid fielders retrieved balls beautifully and the front four ran their socks off. This might be that all these players are fresh but this is a definite shift from recent years.

The front four I was talking about, they were everywhere weren't they. Even Downing worked hard and attacked with purpose. Gerrard and Suarez were a force together and you have to wonder why Stevie was so underused after 2008-09 in the free role behind the striker. He is quite an unstoppable force there. That flick overhead to Suarez, WOW!

I'll admit I haven't watched Borini at all earlier, but today I am convinced he would go on to be a cracking player. His movement, touches, positioning and work rate are top notch. The way he got into goal scoring position whilst still playing out wide makes me very pleased. We need such players who gamble well and get into the box in time. Maxi was one such, Borini seems to be a similar player but more direct.

Special praise to Lucas and Shelvey, especially. Lucas, we've started expecting a level of performance and he's been delivering consistently, so there is no surprise there. But Shelvey was so mature yesterday. Worked hard, complimented Lucas and played a very neat game throughout. I hate to say it but the gulf in class was very much apparent once Lucas and Jonjo were replaced by Spearing and Adam.

Enrique was getting a bit of flak recently but he turned in a decent performance last night. Solid defensively as ever and pushing on and making intelligent simple passes when required. His dwelling on the ball was much less visible in that display. Johnson on the other side was magnificent. No amount of overrating Walker, Richards and other right backs can take away the fact that Glen Johnson is one of the best right backs in the game and certainly the best in the country.

Finally, some of the short passing close to our goal scared the living shit out of me but I'm glad we're trying to take a few risks to make things work rather than unnecessarily booting balls down blind alleys.

Overall, a solid performance to begin the season. There is still a lot of room for improvement though, and I know both the team and Rodgers recognize that. A couple more players in and I'd be quietly confident about this season. We should just mentally tune ourselves and turn these flashes into consistent week-in-week-out displays - something which has not been happening in the past 20+ years.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 07:57:26 am by Gerrvindh »

Offline edeyj

• Legacy Fan
  • 1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4...5-0
« Reply #309 on: August 10, 2012, 07:58:07 am »
Good all round performance.

Best bit for me was the pressing of the ball when they had it. Excellent, just what we need.

Good home debut from Borini. Gerrard lloked good ans Suarez superb.

More please!

Offline ShibbyLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #310 on: August 10, 2012, 08:06:39 am »

In US sport, the difference is when a player is traded, or "transferred" to another team, he doesn't sign a new contract. His new team takes over the rights to his existing contract. In US sport a player can only block a move if he specifically has a "no trade" clause in his contract. And only the best of the best players can really get something like that put in.

And to the people saying that if Agger refuses, they can just buy him out of the contract: if they buy him out of the contract, well then City will no longer have to pay us a fee will they? He's going nowhere.

But back to the game.....

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but that match really felt like the start of something special.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 08:10:54 am by ShibbyLFC »

Offline hollger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: August 10, 2012, 08:21:22 am »
Well what a pleasant surprise that was. After the first leg I thought we'd still win it, but as we were getting back to fitness and adapting to Rodgers' ideas we'd probably get another 1-0. Plus the opposition proved to be a  tricky side at home (and didn't deserve to lose, in all honesty) so looked capable of giving us a scare or two.

Turns out we bossed them the entire match and created some absolutely fantastic fluid attacking moves! Great interplay with Gerrard, Suarez, Borini and even Downing at times. Johnson was superb and Enrique also looked to be more like he was when we signed him rather than his more erratic end-of-season form. Nothing to say about the centre backs, they were rarely troubled and looked assured as ever. Can't say I noticed Lucas much in this match, but I'm delighted he came through another game and got more minutes under his belt. Jonjo was a bit wild (a bit like Stevie at times though!) with his tackling but he's clearly enjoying playing and really enthusiastic.

Only thing I can even say that's slightly negative is about Adam who looked off the pace when he came on and got caught in possession a few times, but how fit he is compared to the rest of them I'm not sure so I'm not criticising him too harshly.

It sounds like we played the best game ever and of course it wasn't. But it was nice to see a comfortable game in Europe and see the full strength side look so commanding - bodes well for this season if we can add a couple of players (obviously Allen, seeing as he watched the game at Anfield) and keep Agger, I think. So roll on a week Saturday, can't wait to see us give WBA some of this :D

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #312 on: August 10, 2012, 08:24:12 am »
A very impressive all round performance. Especially edeyj said, we were pressing the ball. The passing was inventive and Suarez in real life is just a wonder to behold. The atmosphere at yesterdays game was amazing.
I shall definitely be making more trips to Anfield this year if I can.
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #313 on: August 10, 2012, 08:30:51 am »
great applause for carroll when he was warming up.

Shame he didn't get on, give the lad a chance Brendan!
You only release the Kraken once in a while, not when competing against poor opposition.
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline kopite_sg8

• Anny Roader
  • year-zero, clean slate blah blah blah ..
« Reply #314 on: August 10, 2012, 08:37:58 am »
Can ya tell us a little about it. are you saying he is a goner or its just a negotiating tactic?
somewhere between a 'fsg-apologist' and a 'superfan'.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: August 10, 2012, 08:39:37 am »
Wish I've seen it.

Pressing man.
People are talking about organized high pressing... I'll go and cry now, tears of joy and relief.
Can't wait to see Sami back and then the season kicks off.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #316 on: August 10, 2012, 08:43:51 am »
Was at this, great match, was speaking to my old man before the game saying we missed people scoring tap ins and rebounds in the box last season, and we got 2.

Chuffed I got to see borini's dagger celebration :), lad is gonna be good for us, his movement was great!

Rather than individuals, thought it was a great team performance, we rarely gave the ball away cheaply, very enjoyable match!
So was I and that's a pretty good summarisation.

Not sure whether it came out on TV, but for the first time in a long time, there was not a lot of players standing still at any stage. Towards the end of the game maybe the pace dropped off, but overall, we kept coming after the 1st goal. There will be some who will say that they were shit and you'd be right, BUT I counter that by saying this is exactly the sort of side that we have struggled for some time to beat, but we did convincingly last night. Only one game, but like was said in the post I'm quoting, we finally had players follow up and tap in.

Great reception from everyone for Andy when warming up last night. Also hope that Danny heard the "Aggers going nowhere" chant from the Kop!!
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Wee Red Steve

• Anny Roader
  • I wish Robbie Fowler was my dad!
« Reply #317 on: August 10, 2012, 08:58:04 am »
Well pleased with that!! Suarez is just quality. He was everywhere!!! So happy to see Borini score a good goal on his home debut.

On another note...

Fallen out with the Missus because her fucking parents let us down with babysitting duties at the last minute and she had to work so my seat in the kop went empty. Wankers.

c*nts.
Oh! Liked what she saw? Dug my action did she!? Checkin out the Chan Chan Man!!

Chandler Bing

Offline Wee Red Steve

• Anny Roader
  • I wish Robbie Fowler was my dad!
« Reply #318 on: August 10, 2012, 09:06:08 am »
Thought Lucas and Shelvey were boss last night, reading most of the posts here its seems that the biggest impressions were made by Borini and Suarez (and rightly so) but i thought that when Adam and Spearing came on they just did not look right and the difference in class was huge in the negative.....delighted to see that Lucas has come back looking so strong, was worried when he was out for so long.....
Oh! Liked what she saw? Dug my action did she!? Checkin out the Chan Chan Man!!

Chandler Bing

Offline ArcticRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #319 on: August 10, 2012, 09:06:25 am »
Rodgers = Rafa, what with the notepad after goals and all :)
We can but hope... :)