Author Topic: AC(squigglything)DC  (Read 39359 times)

Offline irishred1991

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96, YNWA
Re: AC(squigglything)DC
« Reply #200 on: June 23, 2009, 11:56:38 pm »
The fucking blizzards!?! Jesus mother of fuck.

the answer seem to be pretty good, but the blizzards is a bad decision.
Liverpool is our religion,
Anfield is our church,
The Kop is our choir,
Fowler is our God.

Offline TOGH

• Give me a G, give me an R ....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Glittering Prizes And Endless Compromises
« Reply #201 on: June 24, 2009, 03:45:24 am »
the answer seem to be pretty good, but the blizzards is a bad decision.

Never even heard of the blizzards, was looking forward to some lizzy :(
Meh

Offline irishred1991

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96, YNWA
« Reply #202 on: June 24, 2009, 01:35:51 pm »
Never even heard of the blizzards, was looking forward to some lizzy :(

whiskey in the jar and the boys are back in town in particular  ;)
Anfield is our church,
The Kop is our choir,
Fowler is our God.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: June 25, 2009, 03:38:30 pm »
Ah well, Ticketmaster called me and have assured me our tickets are ready for collection at the Wembley box office.  Better than no tickets at all. So I'm happy.

Seriously excited now as its 8yrs since Ive seen DC live.

Been avoiding Bon Scott material just lately and concentrating on the Johnno's stuff prior to tomorrow night. 

To further get me in the mood i was In the car last night and Thunderstruck came on the radio. Volume was cranked up!! Totally Buzzing about watching and listening to Angus on his Gibson.

For those about to rock...We salute you!!!

Offline NineTails20

• Solomon's "Mrs Robinson".
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: June 25, 2009, 09:11:36 pm »
I want to cry. The other half had the chance to get two tickets to the Acca Dacca show at Punchestown......and decided that work was more important. :(

I hate Aer Lingus.

;D
From his stupid, ugly, pug-faced, smarmy, poncing, play-acting, Oh-look-at-me greasy hair to his crybaby, stupid, cheating, dirty antics he can fuck off the horrible little poodle faced gazumpadum.

Offline macc

• Kopite
« Reply #205 on: June 26, 2009, 11:39:33 am »
A girl i work with might have 2 spares for Hampden Park, Glasgow on Tuesday (30th June)  If anyones is interested...
PSN - pmacc

Offline omerta

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
    • radiofc.com
« Reply #206 on: June 26, 2009, 12:39:12 pm »
very late decision to take a pair off a lad on toutless.com for the gig in punchestown - hope the sun comes up by then but no matter I'm sure it'll be fun...
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it"  George Bernard Shaw

radiofc.com | last.fm | soundcloud | @radiofc

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #207 on: June 26, 2009, 01:19:58 pm »
very late decision to take a pair off a lad on toutless.com for the gig in punchestown - hope the sun comes up by then but no matter I'm sure it'll be fun...
The weathers meant to be good for Sunday mate. Its gonna be a blast. Just a shame Lizzy pulled out.

Offline irishred1991

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96, YNWA
« Reply #208 on: June 26, 2009, 01:31:48 pm »

it'll be well worth it imo
Anfield is our church,
The Kop is our choir,
Fowler is our God.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: June 26, 2009, 01:37:34 pm »
Going to see acca dacca at punchestown this weekend.  Cant bloody wait.  My 3rd time seeing them. 

They put on an unbelievable show.  Best band in the world for me by far.

Always would have been my dream to see Bon Scott live though.......unfortunately I was only 3 when he died :(

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: June 27, 2009, 09:14:15 am »
You lads with Punchestown and Hampden tickets are in for a treat.

Just got back from London and the Wembley gig last night.

Playlist was fuckin brilliant with a mixture of Bon stuff, Johnno stuff and a few of the new album.

Angus's 20 minute 'Let there be' Rock guitar solo was simply amazing.  I swear the guy didn't stop running around for 2 hours solid.

Awesome live band.

Offline irishred1991

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96, YNWA
« Reply #211 on: June 27, 2009, 04:27:00 pm »
1 day to go!!
Anfield is our church,
The Kop is our choir,
Fowler is our God.

Offline omerta

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
    • radiofc.com
« Reply #212 on: June 29, 2009, 10:20:52 am »
Pity about the rain but at least it stopped for a bit when Angus & Co. came on stage. Really liked The Answer too and in fairness The Blizzards gave it their all - it was tough to replace Lizzy at such short notice. The sound for AC/DC was much better than for the support acts and has restored my faith somewhat in outdoor gigs after being disappointed with a few in recent years. Here's hoping it is as good for NIN at Oxegen in a couple of weeks time...
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it"  George Bernard Shaw

Offline TOGH

• Give me a G, give me an R ....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Glittering Prizes And Endless Compromises
« Reply #213 on: June 29, 2009, 01:59:47 pm »
Pity about the rain but at least it stopped for a bit when Angus & Co. came on stage. Really liked The Answer too and in fairness The Blizzards gave it their all - it was tough to replace Lizzy at such short notice. The sound for AC/DC was much better than for the support acts and has restored my faith somewhat in outdoor gigs after being disappointed with a few in recent years. Here's hoping it is as good for NIN at Oxegen in a couple of weeks time...

Good gig, pity about how badly organised the public transport was
Meh

Offline omerta

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
    • radiofc.com
« Reply #214 on: June 29, 2009, 08:33:09 pm »
Good gig, pity about how badly organised the public transport was
yeah and a week after Slane you'd think that shower would've learned their lesson (won't name them for fear of getting the forum in trouble - they've been known to hunt down those criticising them in the past) - we got a lift from a mate but it was a nightmare making our way to the rendezvous point as it was pitch dark outside - what price a few lights?

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #215 on: June 29, 2009, 09:22:11 pm »
Only 1 bird got her baps out during the jack, which was a bit of a let down too. Kiddin though, absolutely great gig! Fucking 10/10.

Offline Sami

• vaguely scandinavian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kome on pool!!!
« Reply #216 on: July 1, 2009, 02:11:38 pm »
Great gig in Glasgow yesterday, fucking great! Even though the getting home part wasn't that smooth, the gig was worth all the hussle. Couple pair of knockers also in videoscreen :lickin

Let There Be Rock was just fucking brilliant, absolutely brilliant :thumbup
4-4-2 Sucks

Offline redmen9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: May 11, 2010, 10:58:01 pm »
Anyone going to Download?  Friday night AC/DC headlining, with Them Crooked Vultures and Wolfmother.  I realise there are no camping facilities if you're only there for one night but does anyone know if there are any unlicensed camp sites nearby that would do the trick?

Offline Swedish_Red

• Kopite
« Reply #218 on: June 2, 2010, 12:47:21 pm »
A little bump here maybe as I´m going to see the best band in the world in Stockholm tomorrow.
Looks like the warmest day in Sweden so far this year so it will be another classic with a packed drunk arena and the arena is the old Olympic Stadium from 1912 so this is a huge test if it will be around for yet another 100 years or out lived by the little fella Angus tearing the place apart :)

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #219 on: June 2, 2010, 12:54:00 pm »
The thoughts of all those Swedish birds getting their baps out to 'The Jack'........, Jesus! :o :lickin

Offline Swedish_Red

• Kopite
« Reply #220 on: June 2, 2010, 12:58:10 pm »
The thoughts of all those Swedish birds getting their baps out to 'The Jack'........, Jesus! :o :lickin

For us Swedes they are only average ;)
Might take some pics if I can be bothered and put them up in here haha

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #221 on: June 2, 2010, 01:04:38 pm »
For us Swedes they are only average ;)

:no

And that's what gets me! I've a few female friends in Gotenberg though, that I should really get over to. Give them some Puss O' Krams! ;D

Offline Swedish_Red

• Kopite
« Reply #222 on: June 2, 2010, 01:28:14 pm »
:no

And that's what gets me! I've a few female friends in Gotenberg though, that I should really get over to. Give them some Puss O' Krams! ;D

haha you already know the language so what are you waiting for :)
Honestly go to Brazil or Russia and you will soon forget about Swedish women...no offence to my country as they still are great looking but in those countries its something else!

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #223 on: June 2, 2010, 01:46:21 pm »
haha you already know the language so what are you waiting for :)
Honestly go to Brazil or Russia and you will soon forget about Swedish women...no offence to my country as they still are great looking but in those countries its something else!

I'm from Ireland. I can go ANYWHERE in the world and the women will look amazing!  :D

Enjoy the gig mate. I've no doubt you will!

Offline Swedish_Red

• Kopite
« Reply #224 on: June 2, 2010, 01:57:07 pm »
I'm from Ireland. I can go ANYWHERE in the world and the women will look amazing!  :D

Enjoy the gig mate. I've no doubt you will!

I will mate its going to be a classic.

Was in Dublin 7 years ago and you also have some fabolous women, guess its the old what you see around you  all the time is not what you fancy anymore syndrome so you look elsewhere :)
To me women in the UK are also more easy going and not so full of themselves like some of them are here and that is a big bonus as you can have a laugh with them, you will probably say the same about our women and I will not agree with you  :D

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #225 on: August 2, 2011, 05:17:16 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_jvqPvDUEW8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_jvqPvDUEW8</a>

dont know how i missed this.
cheesy but its been on repeat for the last hour at least.
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline Dread Breath

• Resident Lecter. Convicted of crimes against Andrew Symonds and pensioned off to Australia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: August 21, 2011, 07:28:08 am »
....just a plug for those in Sydney. If you want to see Mark Evans, the bassist from the 'classic' ACDC, who was one of Bon Scott's best mates, you can see him (for free) most Saturday afternoon's down at the Sandringham Hotel in Newtown, Sydney. Right near the Flea Market.

He has a residency with Dave Tice (another 70's Oz Rock luminary) at the Sandy and it's a great way to spend the afternoon watching the human traffic wander in and out, cold beer in hand with some quality music and banter going on.

You can also pigeonhole Evan's for some of his memories of Bon Scott if you are prepared to buy him a beer (or two!) 

Mark Evans has written a book on his time with AC/DC - if the stories I heard off him are any guide it should be a cracker. Called Dirty Deeds, can be ordered online.
Blame me for all the draft threads on RAWK

Offline heatseeker

• Kopite
  • Step by step...
« Reply #227 on: August 21, 2011, 11:22:50 pm »
Rockers AC/DC launch own label Australian wine range

Bon Scott would have been in his element !
There's no place on this planet, quite like Merseyside - Jegsy Dodd

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #228 on: August 21, 2011, 11:34:31 pm »
Greenday for me.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: April 19, 2013, 11:18:56 pm »
Fucking hell how have i missed DC's cover of 'Baby Please Don't Go"

Just listening to the Friday Rock show on Real XS in the car and it came on. I was loving the version and thought to myself 'hell this sounds a bit like Bon Scott'.  As the track went on i thought 'Hell, this IS Bon Scott'.

It's a brilliant cover and one of the best I've ever heard, but I have never heard it on any of the albums I have. Turns out it's on the 1975 Australian only release of 'High Voltage' and also on the Jailbreak EP which i did know about but never got round to buying. The High Voltage album i have has nearly totally different tracks and was for the International release.

I have to have this album!!!

Who's got either of the Aussie High Voltage (1975) or the Jailbreak EP?  Any good?

Offline simpleman

• Doesn't wash his willy
  • Anny Roader
  • Believer
« Reply #230 on: April 20, 2013, 01:36:52 pm »
Yep I have both. :)

The track listing for High Voltage

Baby, Please Don't Go
She's Got Balls
Little Lover
Stick Around
Soul Stripper
You Ain't got a hold on me
Love Song
Show Business

Favourites I would say are She's Got Balls (my ring tone for the wife!) and You Ain't got a hold on me.
Little Lover has amusing lyrics.

I'd say the weakest for me is Love Song.

Offline redmen9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: April 15, 2014, 10:12:39 pm »
Understand that rumours are rife that the band are retiring following Malcom Young having a stroke. Apparently he fell ill a month or so ago but has not recovered well enough to be able to continue with the recording of the new album.

Really sad news. So glad I caught them twice on the Black Ice tour. Get well soon Malcolm.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: April 16, 2014, 03:58:37 pm »
Fucking hell how have i missed DC's cover of 'Baby Please Don't Go"

Just listening to the Friday Rock show on Real XS in the car and it came on. I was loving the version and thought to myself 'hell this sounds a bit like Bon Scott'.  As the track went on i thought 'Hell, this IS Bon Scott'.

It's a brilliant cover and one of the best I've ever heard, but I have never heard it on any of the albums I have. Turns out it's on the 1975 Australian only release of 'High Voltage' and also on the Jailbreak EP which i did know about but never got round to buying. The High Voltage album i have has nearly totally different tracks and was for the International release.

I have to have this album!!!

Who's got either of the Aussie High Voltage (1975) or the Jailbreak EP?  Any good?

Jailbreak 74 is an absolutely fantastic album.

Been listening to AC/DC for many many years now and I love all their stuff but the Bon Scott years eclipse it for me.

For me its scary how good every single track on Highway to Hell was and so sad at how much more was yet to come from AC/DC with Bon.

Love the band since 1980 but they took a slightly different direction.

Been fortunate to have seen them 3 times over the years.

Will be devastated if they do call it a day, but I guess it is inevitable sooner or later.

Offline Bruce88

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: April 16, 2014, 04:24:10 pm »
Hope they keep at it just a little bit longer, they're number one on my concert to do list.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #234 on: April 18, 2014, 03:44:34 am »
Hope they keep at it just a little bit longer, they're number one on my concert to do list.
According to Brian Johnson, they are going to LA in June, to do some recording. "spend a few weeks tonking some songs together and if anything stands out we'll release an album" {or words to the effect of} heard it on the local radio station here yesterday.{Sydney Aus}
JFT 96

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #235 on: April 18, 2014, 07:42:46 pm »
30 years ago this summer they headlined the greatest Monsters of Rock ever, IMHO. Ozzy, Motley Crüe, van Halen, Gary Moore, Y&T, Accept. Just an amazing day!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: April 18, 2014, 08:22:55 pm »
Love them.

Offline Andy G

• has just had sex. Possibly with Martin Tyler
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • They shot the wrong bloody Kennedy
« Reply #237 on: April 21, 2014, 08:19:07 am »
30 years ago this summer they headlined the greatest Monsters of Rock ever, IMHO. Ozzy, Motley Crüe, van Halen, Gary Moore, Y&T, Accept. Just an amazing day!

Ozzy was on 4th that day because he just wanted to play and the top 3 spots were already taken by Van Halen (who were awesome) and Gary Moore (ditto).  I agree with you that this was the best ever line up and everyone delivered to expectational excess, especially a little known Motley Crue and the ever brilliant Y&T.
Emancipate your selves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline Andy G

• has just had sex. Possibly with Martin Tyler
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • They shot the wrong bloody Kennedy
« Reply #238 on: April 21, 2014, 08:21:33 am »
Love the band since 1980 but they took a slightly different direction.

Been fortunate to have seen them 3 times over the years.

3 times in 34 years.  Pretty poor show that.  Then again, they are that good live, it probably takes 11 years to recover from the last one!!!
Emancipate your selves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: April 22, 2014, 09:52:11 am »
Bugger, Heard about Malcolm over the weekend. I can t imaging them carrying on without him to be honest.

Maybe it is time for them to turn the Amp back down to 10 and chill out a bit.

Ive only seen them twice in 30 or so years but loved both concerts.

Seeing this thread bumped has just reminded me I need to get hold of the Aussie Version of High Voltage and that cover version of Baby Please Don't Go. :)