Author Topic: Membership suspended. PLEASE HELP  (Read 62237 times)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Membership suspended. PLEASE HELP
« Reply #240 on: February 14, 2019, 08:26:39 am »
None of my 4 lot have that email either.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: February 14, 2019, 09:59:35 am »
This email was circulated to supporters clubs. Clubs in certain countries were purchasing tickets for cards registered to a member in another country. OLSC policy is that your members must be living local to your branch.

Which is spot on.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: February 14, 2019, 10:01:46 am »
It’s a joke that Supporters Clubs can get tickets in this day and age.

Offline DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
  • We've conquered Europe and we're never gonna stop
« Reply #243 on: February 14, 2019, 10:10:50 am »

They only purchase them approx a month before the games as well. I know one and they get a block section of tickets at the front of the Kop. the block varies from game to game but it's always roughly the same amount

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #244 on: February 14, 2019, 11:58:08 am »

It’s absolutely shocking this still happens!! Didn’t know it did? It’s all good that supporter clubs are providing coaches to get to and from Anfield but get hold of tickets the way we all have to do!

I bet the foreign supporter clubs are offered tickets no problem

The part of the club I have to bit my tongue about and try to let it go over my head

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: February 14, 2019, 12:06:12 pm »
It’s absolutely shocking this still happens!! Didn’t know it did? It’s all good that supporter clubs are providing coaches to get to and from Anfield but get hold of tickets the way we all have to do!

The part of the club I have to bit my tongue about and try to let it go over my head

Before the advent of technology I think it was a perfectly fine thing. Now I think people of Liverpool being excluded from buying tickets for a Liverpool game is a complete disgrace. If they want tickets then that's absolutely fine, this isn't a 'KEEP OUT THE FOREIGNERS' thing by any stretch of the imagination as I could not care less where anyone is from, but if you want a ticket, get off your arse and try and buy one properly.

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #246 on: February 14, 2019, 12:08:59 pm »
Before the advent of technology I think it was a perfectly fine thing. Now I think people of Liverpool being excluded from buying tickets for a Liverpool game is a complete disgrace. If they want tickets then that's absolutely fine, this isn't a 'KEEP OUT THE FOREIGNERS' thing by any stretch of the imagination as I could not care less where anyone is from, but if you want a ticket, get off your arse and try and buy one properly.

Yeah definitely agree with all that! We all have access to the Liverpool website and can purchase a ticket the same way. Not bothered who’s in the ground as long as they’ve gone through the same channels to purchase

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #247 on: February 14, 2019, 12:59:18 pm »
I didn't know that about only passing to other members who meet the criteria - a relative of mine used mine recently and I rang to let them know and the club certainly never asked for his membership details, which is lucky as he doesn't have any!

Oh, and if that's an official email they need to sort their grammar out..."if we find your not the registered fan card holder..."
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #248 on: February 14, 2019, 01:04:44 pm »
Seen comments about supporters clubs on here, from I understand majority don’t get them some do. But most of them use credits, there’s some with 30/40 season tickets/members cards with full credits .  to be honest most of the Arabs go for corporate tickets anyway. Without the corporate tickets they’d be no new main stand. They expect to make a lot off them to pay back the loan for the main stand.  Even if you compare the corporate product across clubs lfc are behind.

Offline apassant77

• Kopite
« Reply #249 on: February 14, 2019, 02:33:30 pm »
The supporters club I'm a member of used to get a reasonable allocation of tickets but has been reduced year on year and is negligible these days.

I manage to pick up maybe one or 2 games per season via this avenue and I use the acs or my own card for the rest. In the beginning around 2007 I could get maybe 12  per season via the supporters club.

Offline Kopite787

• Main Stander
« Reply #250 on: February 14, 2019, 02:44:45 pm »
The supporters club I'm a member of used to get a reasonable allocation of tickets but has been reduced year on year and is negligible these days.

I manage to pick up maybe one or 2 games per season via this avenue and I use the acs or my own card for the rest. In the beginning around 2007 I could get maybe 12  per season via the supporters club.

Yeah the one I’m with have their own cards with their own credits, they don’t get anything form the club

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #251 on: February 14, 2019, 04:04:04 pm »
Yeah the one I’m with have their own cards with their own credits, they don’t get anything form the club
The supporters clubs in NI I know of work the same, share cards around,

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: February 15, 2019, 12:08:42 pm »
The supporters clubs in NI I know of work the same, share cards around,

Do they tell the club in advance who is using the card at each game...?
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #253 on: February 15, 2019, 12:16:34 pm »

They certainly don't at the supporters club one of my friends uses, they just randomly swap them around on the coach.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: February 15, 2019, 01:40:04 pm »
They certainly don't at the supporters club one of my friends uses, they just randomly swap them around on the coach.

Another can of worms then.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #255 on: February 15, 2019, 02:51:10 pm »
No mate not at all

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #256 on: February 15, 2019, 03:08:25 pm »
Same with the one my mate uses (one of the Wales branches), they get allocated a ticket based on the allocation but the card/spec etc isn't known until they get on the coach and they are handed out on route
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Kopite787

• Main Stander
« Reply #257 on: February 15, 2019, 03:12:20 pm »
Same with the one my mate uses (one of the Wales branches), they get allocated a ticket based on the allocation but the card/spec etc isn't known until they get on the coach and they are handed out on route

Ares is a bit different apply online and ticket is allocated way before game so you know where you’re sitting but get the card on coach

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: February 15, 2019, 06:24:24 pm »
Seems like they should if they want to ‘know who’s in the stadium’.....
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #259 on: February 18, 2019, 12:58:18 pm »
Haha, while I have all his details i think it would’ve raised suspicion, would’ve required me to put on a deep voice - he’s a guy and I’m not  ;D
;D
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #260 on: February 18, 2019, 01:13:10 pm »

They are supposed to. I know the Brighton lads get 3-4 games a season and they require anyone who accepts a game to have a membership number which they submit to let the club know who is attending. I think where they've been sat has varied from game to game. I've never gone in with them.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline fowler_dk

• Kemlynite
« Reply #261 on: February 18, 2019, 08:04:15 pm »
They only purchase them approx a month before the games as well. I know one and they get a block section of tickets at the front of the Kop. the block varies from game to game but it's always roughly the same amount

Not exactly true or at least not for international supporters clubs. In our supporters club we must apply for tickets twice a year a couple of weeks before the members sales and this is the only 2 times a year our club can get tickets. An international supporters club can apply for up to 30 tickets per half season and can choose certain games to apply for tickets to but the tickets are not guaranteed. Shortly before the members sales we are informed how many tickets we get and for which games but we do not get to choose a stand but must wait until about a month before the game to be informed where in the ground our tickets are for. It is also at this time the tickets are paid for as the price varies after which stand we get tickets for. I guess this could be where the idea of purchasing a month before the game comes from.

I do not know if it is different for UK supporters branches.

Offline fowler_dk

• Kemlynite
« Reply #262 on: February 18, 2019, 08:08:22 pm »

It is of course an advantage to be able to apply for tickets twice a year but the international supporters clubs are not offered tickets no problem. No matter the size of the supporters club it is possible to apply for up to 30 tickets twice a year and cannot get any more than that or at other times. There are no guarantee that the supporters club will get the tickets they apply or any at all.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #263 on: February 18, 2019, 09:31:13 pm »
It is of course an advantage to be able to apply for tickets twice a year but the international supporters clubs are not offered tickets no problem. No matter the size of the supporters club it is possible to apply for up to 30 tickets twice a year and cannot get any more than that or at other times. There are no guarantee that the supporters club will get the tickets they apply or any at all.
Surely Members can still apply for tickets individually though? Like the Late Availability ones?
We are a team of one half.

Offline Red_Bear

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #264 on: February 19, 2019, 01:11:56 pm »
Surely Members can still apply for tickets individually though? Like the Late Availability ones?
I think it depends on which membership you have. Also, if you live in (for instance) New Zealand, late availability might not be practical!

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: February 20, 2019, 07:39:29 am »
The stewards were out in force in U1 taking touted tickets off people. Some of the prices paid would make your fucking eyes water.

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: February 20, 2019, 07:43:59 am »
The stewards were out in force in U1 taking touted tickets off people. Some of the prices paid would make your fucking eyes water.
Were they kicking out people who had bought the tickets claire?

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk

What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: February 20, 2019, 07:49:30 am »
was that the £9 ones?

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: February 20, 2019, 08:43:36 am »
Were they kicking out people who had bought the tickets claire?

No, they had to fill in a form saying where they bought the ticket and how much they paid, the steward took their ticket and gave them a slip of paper with the seat number on. I guess the accounts of the people who've sold on will be getting banned today.

was that the £9 ones?

Yep. I guess cos they're the easiest to spot up there.

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: February 20, 2019, 08:54:28 am »
No, they had to fill in a form saying where they bought the ticket and how much they paid, the steward took their ticket and gave them a slip of paper with the seat number on. I guess the accounts of the people who've sold on will be getting banned today.

Yep. I guess cos they're the easiest to spot up there.
The problem is that for the £9 tickets all you need is a fan Number . Which can be got off the website at a drop of the hat. (there was a lad on Facebook selling tickets for the Bournemouth game at  120 each he had 6 to sell all under same name and address but different fan number) surely a better way of trying to beat this is to sell them to locals with a active paid membership

What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: February 20, 2019, 10:32:11 am »
The problem is that for the £9 tickets all you need is a fan Number . Which can be got off the website at a drop of the hat. (there was a lad on Facebook selling tickets for the Bournemouth game at  120 each he had 6 to sell all under same name and address but different fan number) surely a better way of trying to beat this is to sell them to locals with a active paid membership

Absolutely fuck that.

Not every local kid can afford £30 on the off chance they might then get a £9 ticket in a scramble. These tickets should not be tied in memberships.

Have them all collection only, and do a proper audit of the names on the tickets. Do the work instead of blaming fans.
cyas

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #271 on: February 20, 2019, 01:40:43 pm »

Good. About time they did that.

Meanwhile the ones by me had been sold on as usual. One got quite angry as the woman next to him was asking questions, but someone needs to and the club don't seem to be interested. I've lost count now of the numbers of emails I have sent ::)

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #272 on: February 20, 2019, 01:41:22 pm »
Absolutely fuck that.

Not every local kid can afford £30 on the off chance they might then get a £9 ticket in a scramble. These tickets should not be tied in memberships.

Have them all collection only, and do a proper audit of the names on the tickets. Do the work instead of blaming fans.
You don't need a membership for the £9 tickets. They are a local general sale.

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #273 on: February 20, 2019, 01:41:56 pm »

I think a good idea for this is to be a physical collection/purchase of the £9 ticket on first serve basis on the day game! NO FUCKING EXCUSESS!! after all its for locals!(fuck posting/selling them out before the game!)

who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: February 20, 2019, 06:44:16 pm »

I think a good idea for this is to be a physical collection/purchase of the £9 ticket on first serve basis on the day game! NO FUCKING EXCUSESS!! after all its for locals!(fuck posting/selling them out before the game!)

would say pay on the gate, show your member number/fancard and if it’s sound it goes on the card/get a printout

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: February 21, 2019, 12:46:37 pm »
You don't need a membership for the £9 tickets. They are a local general sale.
I know...

I was replying to a poster who said they should be sold to people with memberships to make it easier to track.  ::)
cyas

Offline fowler_dk

• Kemlynite
« Reply #276 on: February 21, 2019, 08:00:53 pm »

Yes if they have a light or full membership they can try to get tickets in all of the member sales

Offline redmen27

• Main Stander
« Reply #277 on: February 28, 2019, 11:52:57 am »
Anyone any problems at the game last night with members cards ? Gave my 2 cards to a family friend - wouldn’t activate at the turnstiles. Usual ticket office visit and took the cards from him as possible touting case. 😫😫 I didn’t even charge him for the tickets 😫😫 worst tout ever
# How do I go about getting them back ?
If theres no one at the crossroads..... give er loads!!!

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: February 28, 2019, 11:59:55 am »
Anyone any problems at the game last night with members cards ? Gave my 2 cards to a family friend - wouldn’t activate at the turnstiles. Usual ticket office visit and took the cards from him as possible touting case.  I didn’t even charge him for the tickets  worst tout ever
this may sound stupid but did they use the right turnstile? Also when they pay you do it by bank transfer noting that they’re for tickets, and has anyone else you’ve lent your card to have issues with it?

But would phone the club ASAP and ask them what evidence they have, record the call (and don’t lose your rag when doing so), and if they’re still difficult then go to SOS/FSF

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: February 28, 2019, 12:34:02 pm »
Anyone any problems at the game last night with members cards ? Gave my 2 cards to a family friend - wouldn’t activate at the turnstiles. Usual ticket office visit and took the cards from him as possible touting case. 😫😫 I didn’t even charge him for the tickets 😫😫 worst tout ever

Seems it is pot luck if it gets taken. But I’d wait for the letter the ticket office won’t say anything