Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2766526 times)

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #61840 on: November 7, 2021, 08:19:15 pm »
Josh Allen has now intercepted and sacked Josh Allen  ;D
We do beg your pardon, but we are in your garden

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #61841 on: November 7, 2021, 08:20:56 pm »
Patriots are going to win the division aren’t they…

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
« Reply #61842 on: November 7, 2021, 08:26:21 pm »
Patriots are going to win the division aren’t they…

Nah, if the Bills can't hold off the Patriots this season they may as well give up  :o

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #61843 on: November 7, 2021, 08:49:17 pm »
Nah, if the Bills can't hold off the Patriots this season they may as well give up  :o

Didn’t look great against Miami, and something very wrong with the offence at the moment.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61844 on: November 7, 2021, 08:53:12 pm »
Josh Allen has now intercepted and sacked Josh Allen  ;D

and he's now recovered a josh allen fumble too.

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
« Reply #61845 on: November 7, 2021, 08:56:09 pm »
and he's now recovered a josh allen fumble too.

Is that the full house? :D

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #61846 on: November 7, 2021, 09:00:56 pm »
Vikes should have gone for 2.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #61847 on: November 7, 2021, 09:33:27 pm »
Told ya.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61848 on: November 7, 2021, 09:39:00 pm »
Upsets all over in the early games. But at least the Texans are still shite anyway.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61849 on: November 7, 2021, 10:09:00 pm »
No u don't go for 2 down 1 with 1 minute left. If you get the urgency level is higher for other team then a tied game. Your better off kicking the EP and hoping u get the coin toss

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #61850 on: November 7, 2021, 10:28:46 pm »
Possibly the worst Special Teams half I've ever seen from the Packers here.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61851 on: November 7, 2021, 10:36:19 pm »

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #61852 on: November 7, 2021, 11:02:18 pm »
No u don't go for 2 down 1 with 1 minute left. If you get the urgency level is higher for other team then a tied game. Your better off kicking the EP and hoping u get the coin toss
You absolutely go for 2 if you're the underdog and Justin Tucker can kick a FG from downtown Baltimore.

Online TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #61853 on: November 8, 2021, 12:34:27 am »
DeSean Jackson to the Raiders.
The fella's already printing the return label, after witnessing the Giants game.

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #61854 on: November 8, 2021, 12:39:19 am »
The funniest thing about it all is that the Packers ruptured their relationship with the league's best QB by drafting someone who'll be a total bust.

Kyle Shanahan has to be on the hot seat now. 1 winning season out of 5 as it stands, and losing by 2 scores at home to Colt McFucking Coy.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61855 on: November 8, 2021, 12:42:21 am »
The funniest thing about it all is that the Packers ruptured their relationship with the league's best QB by drafting someone who'll be a total bust.

Kyle Shanahan has to be on the hot seat now. 1 winning season out of 5 as it stands, and losing by 2 scores at home to Colt McFucking Coy.

There's no way of definitively knowing that after one game in the NFL where he got blitzed to shit on occasion. Thought he looked shit scared at times but also some signs of potential. A few years away from finding out if he's a bust yet.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #61856 on: November 8, 2021, 12:43:03 am »

What a ridiculous statement. You can't say Love is going to be a bust after one start.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61857 on: November 8, 2021, 01:26:11 am »
Is it me or do the Titans have the uglyest number font in the NFL.?
#Sausages

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61858 on: November 8, 2021, 04:16:18 am »
You absolutely go for 2 if you're the underdog and Justin Tucker can kick a FG from downtown Baltimore.
Time matters when to do it. The Extra Point with 1 minute left gives you 40ish% of winning and going for 2 probably gives 20-30 % chance. Going for 2 your taking a 50/50 chance with like 30-50% chance of game winning drive. that really unideal.
Kick the field and play defense for OT.
I remember det did this earlier with like 30-40 second left vs the Viking and Viking went down and got the FG. Kicking the Extra probably gives Det a chance in Ot.
Also Baltimore had 2 timeouts

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61859 on: November 8, 2021, 08:13:00 am »

I reckon there will be a lot of this on various bits of nfl related media this week.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61860 on: November 8, 2021, 09:29:07 am »
Is it me or do the Titans have the uglyest number font in the NFL.?

falcons is pretty shite
rams stupid gradient ones on their blue gear
vikings ones are just silly.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #61861 on: November 8, 2021, 10:19:34 am »
Seems like the Bills have fallen off a cliff after the obliteration they did at Arrowhead. Looks like it's open season on them for the Patriots right now, even though the latter are hardly top contenders right now.

Very surprised that the Rams fell short to the Titans without Henry around.

The homeopathy guy was sorely missed for the Packers, easy W with him in the side as shite as the special teams were. Love made the Chiefs defence look like beasts so he's clearly not ready either yet or whether he'll ever be. I guess any win will do for KC right now.

Not surprised the Raiders lost after all that turmoil.

Embarrassing loss for the Cowboys at home, I guess they've got a bit greedy after their run and didn't really turn up.

Big statement for the Cardinals to win without Murray away to a divisional rival.
« Last Edit: November 8, 2021, 10:21:19 am by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #61862 on: November 8, 2021, 10:46:46 am »

You'd think so but the amount of people I listen to that still refer to him as being an offensive genius is wild.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61863 on: November 8, 2021, 10:49:15 am »
You'd think so but the amount of people I listen to that still refer to him as being an offensive genius is wild.

He can be a great OC, although the ways he chops and changes personnel and drops players can be maddening, but he's done very little to show that he has what it takes as a head coach.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61864 on: November 8, 2021, 10:50:25 am »
Is it just me or is the AFC just absolutely miles stronger than the NFC this year? Feels like every time AFC and NFC teams meet the AFC team comes out on top and alot of the time it's a blow out.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #61865 on: November 8, 2021, 11:15:22 am »
Is it just me or is the AFC just absolutely miles stronger than the NFC this year? Feels like every time AFC and NFC teams meet the AFC team comes out on top and alot of the time it's a blow out.

Unless you`re the Raiders...
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61866 on: November 8, 2021, 11:34:05 am »
Unless you`re the Raiders...

Think they've had alot of other distracting stuff going on lately so maybe not surprising they shit the bed this week

Online skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61867 on: November 8, 2021, 01:49:45 pm »
Still a long way to go for the Niners, and both Shanahan and Lynch have credit built up.  Shanahan should definitely get next year with Trey Lance to see how it goes.  If he develops Lance, and the Niners are pushing the playoffs, all will be well.  If this year doesn't end well, and he can't get Lance going next year, it might be a major problem.  All those traded picks too.
King Kenny.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61868 on: November 8, 2021, 01:53:42 pm »

unusually for pre-season predictions that one has actually seemingly come true. it was said by a lot of people that the afc looked generally stronger with better teams in it.

so an nfc team will probably win the super bowl now.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61869 on: November 8, 2021, 02:09:37 pm »
unusually for pre-season predictions that one has actually seemingly come true. it was said by a lot of people that the afc looked generally stronger with better teams in it.

so an nfc team will probably win the super bowl now.

I think the NFC might have two/three of the best teams in the whole league but the AFC seems alot deeper and more competitive.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61870 on: November 8, 2021, 03:09:49 pm »
Yeah, Cards are the best team in the NFL & NFC right now, Packers with Rodgers starting are not far behind, but AFC on the other hand is really competitive, the Bengals were no 1 seed in the AFC a couple of weeks ago, now they're 4th in the division, who thought the Bills would lose at Jags yesterday.

#Sausages

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #61871 on: November 8, 2021, 03:57:37 pm »
The peak of the NFC is better, but the depth of good teams is probably deeper in the AFC.

I've not watched the game but I feel that the Rams probably just switched off when Henry wasn't around. They're prone to the odd gaffe after all. Either way, the Packers did lose yesterday but their defensive unit was ferocious and forced four three-and-outs for the Chiefs which is unheard of even in recent times. They played like a championship unit and I was really impressed. With the trinity of Rodgers, Adams and Jones on the field together to me the stage looks set for green and gold this year. Especially since their weak division will probably land them #1 seed with a packed and frozen Lambeau this winter.

In the AFC it's a coin flip. Many teams, even KC included, could be in the big game if they hit form at the right time. So long as an AFC team makes the divisional round, anything can happen there. Normally I'd say the Ravens to go to the Super Bowl based on their running game but they're still massively inconsistent.
« Last Edit: November 8, 2021, 04:00:19 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Online TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #61872 on: November 8, 2021, 07:33:55 pm »
Next man up for the Raiders dumpster fire appears to be Damon Arnette.
Raiders waive CB Damon Arnette: “Very painful decision. We spent significant time, effort and resources trying to help him in all aspects of his life...we cannot stand for the video of Damon with a gun, threatening to take a life." -Raiders GM Mike Mayock

Two 2020 1st round picks waved within a week. Gruden/Mayock "High character" guys not quite making it, I guess.
« Last Edit: November 8, 2021, 08:10:16 pm by TipTopKop »

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #61873 on: November 8, 2021, 08:05:08 pm »
#Raiders 2020 draft:
1st round: Henry Ruggs released
1st: Damon Arnette released
3rd: Lynn Bowden traded before playing a snap
3rd: Bryan Edwards: 29 catches in 20 games
3rd: Tanner Muse released w/ 0 snaps
4th: John Simpson: PFF 53rd ranked G
4th: Amik Robertson: 169 def snaps

Ladies and Gentlemen, The Aristocrats  Raiders

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #61874 on: November 8, 2021, 10:45:28 pm »
Nice and balanced take on Jordan Love's first start for those interested in the detail:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4AlN9DSnVE

Offensive line/pass protection issues certainly were a factor, although Love made some mistakes of his own too. Not sure about LaFleur's game plan yesterday either. Should have run the ball more for my liking, and too many long developing plays when Kansas City was intent on blitzing the hell out of Love instead of quick blitz beaters.

Certainly too early to be making a definitive call on Love's potential like the mainstream media (and some on here) are already making though.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61875 on: November 9, 2021, 12:40:19 am »
Nice and balanced take on Jordan Love's first start for those interested in the detail:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4AlN9DSnVE

Offensive line/pass protection issues certainly were a factor, although Love made some mistakes of his own too. Not sure about LaFleur's game plan yesterday either. Should have run the ball more for my liking, and too many long developing plays when Kansas City was intent on blitzing the hell out of Love instead of quick blitz beaters.

Certainly too early to be making a definitive call on Love's potential like the mainstream media (and some on here) are already making though.

Nice one for that, lets me know I wasn't going mad watching the game last night.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61876 on: November 9, 2021, 01:27:02 am »
Thanks for the share of that video. Feel like Im learning something, and I appreciate it

Although am now 12 minutes into 19 and have only just witnessed the first moment of Love doing something that warrants being impressed with. Maybe it's all about to change and be more impressive from now on!

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #61877 on: November 9, 2021, 01:59:16 am »
Thanks for the share of that video. Feel like Im learning something, and I appreciate it

Although am now 12 minutes into 19 and have only just witnessed the first moment of Love doing something that warrants being impressed with. Maybe it's all about to change and be more impressive from now on!

No problem. Glad to share!

I think the title of the video is more of a pun referencing the Rodgers situation ("Yes, I've been immunized"). There's plenty of more Rodgers puns in there too, a fun viewing in that sense as well ;D

I don't think the guy who made the video is trying to say Love was impressive, just breaking down how the dysfunction of the Packers offense was not all on him.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #61878 on: November 9, 2021, 04:24:06 am »
What's the commentator on about go for 2?

Would be some flex
YNWA

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61879 on: November 9, 2021, 04:39:21 am »
Man, the Bears played well in a tough game. Some absolute nonsense penalties though  :butt