Author Topic: House of the Dragon  (Read 1378 times)

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
House of the Dragon
« on: October 5, 2021, 03:20:58 pm »
First teaser trailer released

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fNwwt25mheo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fNwwt25mheo</a>
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: House of the Dragon
« Reply #1 on: October 5, 2021, 03:24:23 pm »
fucking Dr Who
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #2 on: October 5, 2021, 04:42:38 pm »
A few series of great TV, descending into vapid and nonsensical bollocks that ignore past characterisation and plotting by the last? Isn't that the MO?

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3 on: October 5, 2021, 05:09:04 pm »
I will give it a chance, the Targaryens were always the most interesting House for me even in GOT. It will be fascinating to see how many more trailers we'll get.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: October 5, 2021, 05:15:26 pm »
Where are they filming this? The main set of the KL and the Throne Room were still left as they were in Belfast's docks. Are they filming this there as well?

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: October 5, 2021, 05:21:04 pm »
Where are they filming this? The main set of the KL and the Throne Room were still left as they were in Belfast's docks. Are they filming this there as well?

A lot of the outside stuff has been done in Cornwall as well as Belfast and I think Spain. Leavesden in Watford seems to be the main studio.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2021, 05:23:11 pm by jillc »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: October 5, 2021, 05:40:41 pm »
Wasn't impressed with trailer until I saw the throne then I'm all in!

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #7 on: October 5, 2021, 07:02:01 pm »
I'm ready to be hurt again.
:D

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #8 on: October 6, 2021, 10:02:18 am »
Weiss and Benioff nowhere near this are they?

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: October 6, 2021, 02:52:54 pm »
Weiss and Benioff nowhere near this are they?

They are not involved.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #10 on: October 6, 2021, 03:13:54 pm »
They are not involved.

I don't believe in God but I'm thanking all of them.

I'm ready to believe
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11 on: October 6, 2021, 03:59:20 pm »
They are not involved.
Thank the Lord.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: October 7, 2021, 08:40:12 pm »
Thank the Lord.

I don't believe in God but I'm thanking all of them.

I'm ready to believe

Yes, quite.  ;D

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2021, 08:45:28 pm »
A few series of great TV, descending into vapid and nonsensical bollocks that ignore past characterisation and plotting by the last? Isn't that the MO?

Can't blame it all on the TV writers. GRRM has to shoulder a large part of it for falling behind. The TV writers have incorporated as much of the author's work as they could, eg. the play in season 6 is part of the material from Winds of Winter.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2021, 09:49:09 pm »
Can't blame it all on the TV writers. GRRM has to shoulder a large part of it for falling behind. The TV writers have incorporated as much of the author's work as they could, eg. the play in season 6 is part of the material from Winds of Winter.

They are the only ones to blame for ruining it.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2021, 10:29:12 pm »

They are the only ones to blame for ruining it.

They're to blame for not being as good writers as GRRM. They'd have used GRRM material if there were more available. There was stuff in GoT that GRRM hasn't yet released in ASoIaF, existing only in previews.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2021, 02:01:05 pm »
They're to blame for not being as good writers as GRRM. They'd have used GRRM material if there were more available. There was stuff in GoT that GRRM hasn't yet released in ASoIaF, existing only in previews.

They rushed it because they wanted out,had nothing to do with the source material.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2021, 03:01:12 pm »
They rushed it because they wanted out,had nothing to do with the source material.

They'd probably have done a better job if they'd had more source material to work with. There's stuff from Winds of Winter, previewed by GRRM but not yet published as part of a whole novel, which is in GoT. Those were some of the best stuff in the later seasons.

The writers of GoT are very good at adapting. They're no good at creating. They couldn't exactly wait for more material to adapt, as GRRM hasn't released any new material in the story in ages. Unlike the characters in ASoIAF, actors don't age according to the text. Either the GoT story is finished while the actors are still viable as the characters in the story, or the story is left unfinished because the series writers have run out of material. The writers chose the first, which is commercially the only choice. And they were creatively crap, but that's how it goes.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline newrosswaterford

• Kopite
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2021, 04:52:17 pm »
GRRM has struggled to pull the story together and he created it. I started the first book in 1996, so have been there all the way through. I trust only Martin to finish it, and if he doesn't I won't be reading anyone else's version of the ending.

Saying that they stopped using him as an advisor so.....

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2021, 05:23:05 pm »

Yeah my feeling of it pretty much,that world is his creation and his alone and i won't be reading anyone elses 'take' on it.