Author Topic: None covid illness/cold/virus  (Read 4823 times)

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
None covid illness/cold/virus
« on: September 20, 2021, 04:54:38 pm »
Anyone suffering at the moment? I've got my first bad cold since before March 2020 and it's a fucker. I was convinced it was covid as have a persistent cough, sore throat, runny nose and verging between feeling too hot and too cold.

I've done 3 LF tests in the last 2 days and all negative.

There has been a lot going round the school I work at and I've been to Anfield last week plus a wedding over the weekend so not overly surprised I've picked something up.

I hardly ever get bad colds and very rare I have a cough but I suspect they'll hit a bit harder now everyone is mixing back with no masks etc.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: None covid illness/cold/virus
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 05:17:56 pm »
My girlfriend had a few of those symptoms last week. Started on Wednesday night. LF test was negative. She wanted to sleep the whole of Thursday and done another LF test on Thursday evening which was also negative.
She called the out of hours doctor who told her to get a PCR test. Done that on Friday morning and came back positive.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 05:34:14 pm »
Welshred said the other day, laterals are only for asymptomatic, if you have symptoms, go get a PCR
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 05:38:20 pm »
Had a cold last week which went away fairly quickly. Hardly been out so no idea where I got it from. Not sure if it's the vaccine but a cold like that would usually knock me for six, but it came and went just like that.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2021, 05:43:46 pm »
Had flu three weeks ago! Who the hell gets flu during a covid pandemic, and in bloody August!?

Had a PCR test just in case, but that came back negative. Classic flu symptoms, aching muscles and joints, headache, dodgy gut, cough developed after a few days, bedridden for 3 days.

Annoying thing is I always get my flu jab, as I had flu 5 years ago and it wasn't pleasant then either. My flu jab was booked for the end of September (but now put back to mid October because of supply issues), so would have been too late anyway.

Managed to avoid covid so far though...
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Tricia Dingle

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2021, 06:17:06 pm »
I've been wiped out with this since Saturday, had to give my ticket up for the match and everything  :'( Had 2 negative lateral flow tests but did a PCR today and awaiting the result. I had covid last year and I'm double jabbed so I'm hoping it's just a heavy cold.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2021, 06:20:30 pm »
GF had a really bad flu / chest infection a few weeks ago. Knocked her out for over a week easily. I felt a bit under the weather but nothing too much. Definitely going around though.

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2021, 06:20:56 pm »
Welshred said the other day, laterals are only for asymptomatic, if you have symptoms, go get a PCR

Is this based on evidence? Everything I've been reading days the LF actually detect better for people with symptoms?

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2021, 06:23:21 pm »
Is this based on evidence? Everything I've been reading days the LF actually detect better for people with symptoms?
Everything on government website says don't use the LF if you have symptoms, get a PCR. You can order one to get delivered for free from the site.

https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2021, 06:29:26 pm »
I've felt like shit today so went to get a PCR test at 1pm. This morning I had a sore throat, a bit of a cough, and runny nose. I can't stop coughing this afternoon. Hopefully it's just a cold or something. Annoyingly I had booked today off work anyway so I've wasted a day of annual leave in bed with a brief trip out to the testing centre.

That'll teach me for going the match / going out drinking.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2021, 06:52:31 pm »
Had a sore throat last week. Saturday and Sunday coughing quite persistantly. Was waking up in the mornings and csughung up phlem a lot. Awaiting results but feel absolutely fine today. Mate had similar and there's a chest infection doing the rounds.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2021, 07:02:03 pm »
Had a cold three weeks or so ago and it's one of the many negative sides of not working from home anymore, because I knew that I had a cold coming as soon as the girl sitting opposite of me in the office started sneezing and looked awful one day. Also another guy two seats over was sneezing all the time. It was clear, that others in the office would catch it as well. It's not helping when you're boss doesn't really want people working from home...

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2021, 07:27:23 pm »

He does work for the NHS, so I tend to listen to him.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2021, 08:07:45 pm »
I’ve been fucked since Thursday. Can’t stop coughing and feel lethargic and like shit, I done a test on Thursday and negative. I think there is something else nasty flying around at the minute.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2021, 08:27:43 pm »
I came back home from visiting my parents not last weekend but weekend before. On Tuesday and Wednesday started to develop bit of a chesty cough in the morning and by Thursday felt like a weight on my chest, like my lungs weren't filling up. Constant urge to cough and clear my throat and riding my bike home from work on Thursday I felt done in, my back and my sides were killing. Heavy chest feeling has subsided a bit now but my body is aching, tried to do some exercise and it's like I've got no strength in my legs.

Done a couple of LF tests but negative. I think if it was Covid too much time has passed anyway to bother with a PCR

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2021, 08:41:45 pm »
My two daughters felt really shite last week, one still has a lingering cough. Both negative Covid tests.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2021, 09:17:53 pm »
Missus has been unwell since last monday, only just starting to feel better, coughing loads of phlegm and losing her voice too, which was actually handy because i didn't have to listen to her moaning :D

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2021, 09:20:18 pm »
I’ve been fucked since Thursday. Can’t stop coughing and feel lethargic and like shit, I done a test on Thursday and negative. I think there is something else nasty flying around at the minute.

Had this last week. Dry cough, tight chest, feeling rough. Did a PCR test which was negative and pretty much over it now.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2021, 09:54:04 pm »
The reduced use of masks, sees an increase in cold, viral and flu cases.

Interesting, Dr Bond.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2021, 10:37:11 pm »
I didn’t realise that about LFs being useless if presenting symptoms. Quite angry at myself now.

My Husband developed a cold over the Bank Holiday weekend - he did a test Sunday and Monday and it was negative. He didn’t feel comfortable going to work Tuesday so stayed off despite a negative test that morning, went back to work Wednesday with another negative test. He had a runny nose, sneezing a bit but a cough that took a while to get rid of. He didn’t have a temp or any loss of taste/smell.He hammered the paracetamol and the cold and flu tablets and was grand after a week, but the cough lasted a bit longer.

As he was feeling better I started to feel the same but got straight on the cold and flu meds and vitamin c/orange juice and it didn’t even start. Was gone in 2 days.

It’s definitely going around - know a lot of people with it but presenting negative tests. But I think they’re lateral flows.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2021, 11:27:47 pm »
I've felt like shit today so went to get a PCR test at 1pm. This morning I had a sore throat, a bit of a cough, and runny nose. I can't stop coughing this afternoon. Hopefully it's just a cold or something. Annoyingly I had booked today off work anyway so I've wasted a day of annual leave in bed with a brief trip out to the testing centre.

No idea who you work for obviously, but in our work (civil service) if we fall ill while on annual leave we can report sick to work and it goes down as a period of sickness instead of wasting our leave.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/business-news/your-rights-you-sick-annual-15624328
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 11:30:30 pm by Barneylfc∗ »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2021, 01:14:24 am »
How civil.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2021, 09:17:36 am »

Decided to take this advice as was coughing all through the night, throat is still sore but feel slightly better temperature wise. Booked my PCR for this morning at 10:30 so hopefully get the results by tonight.

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2021, 09:53:27 am »
I had a terrible cold for a couple of weeks.     Did a PCR just to be on the safe side.    It was negative

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2021, 10:41:00 am »
I had a terrible cold for a couple of weeks.     Did a PCR just to be on the safe side.    It was negative

Yeah it's hard to know whether it's a cold or covid. The reason i think it could be the latter is i rarely get a cough even with a bad cold. Most people I know who had it said it was no taste or smell for them but thankfully I can still taste the sausage balm I had earlier...

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2021, 11:51:24 am »
No idea who you work for obviously, but in our work (civil service) if we fall ill while on annual leave we can report sick to work and it goes down as a period of sickness instead of wasting our leave.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/business-news/your-rights-you-sick-annual-15624328

Cheers Barney. There’s a similar thing at ours but I’ve got no idea how to go about changing it. I expect I should have called up yesterday morning. It’s fine, it’s only a day and I’ve got loads of leave carried over from last year that needs using up anyway.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2021, 01:49:13 pm »

Test came back negative, which I think I was expecting despite coughing constantly last night. Just this nasty bug that’s going around.

Get well soon everyone else!

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2021, 11:09:35 am »
Decided to take this advice as was coughing all through the night, throat is still sore but feel slightly better temperature wise. Booked my PCR for this morning at 10:30 so hopefully get the results by tonight.

Come back negative.

Was surprised as I've had basically every symptom of covid other than loss of taste or smell.

Still suffering with this cold/virus though. Sleep is a nightmare as lying down makes me cough my guts out! Going to try and get some medicine to clear it.

Dread to think what covid feels like, this is bad enough.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2021, 11:19:04 am »
Come back negative.

Was surprised as I've had basically every symptom of covid other than loss of taste or smell.

Still suffering with this cold/virus though. Sleep is a nightmare as lying down makes me cough my guts out! Going to try and get some medicine to clear it.

Dread to think what covid feels like, this is bad enough.

Good to hear its negative.

I'm not a doctor, but maybe because we've all been in isolation, stuff that wouldn't really bother us is giving us a kicking?

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2021, 11:21:14 am »
People need to remember that you can be off ill for something other than COVID! My work is full of snotty nosed people at the moment
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2021, 11:26:12 am »
People need to remember that you can be off ill for something other than COVID! My work is full of snotty nosed people at the moment

The guidance says if you have any symptoms of covid you should isolate and get a PCR test. In theory that could be a lot of your workforce at once. Going to be a bumpy run until January.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2021, 11:26:34 am »

My lad has a cold and keeps trying to say it's covid. He just wants time off school the shit.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2021, 11:29:15 am »
The guidance says if you have any symptoms of covid you should isolate and get a PCR test. In theory that could be a lot of your workforce at once. Going to be a bumpy run until January.

Testing negative though. There is colds going around at the moment with all the kids back mixing with each other.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2021, 11:49:15 am »
There are loads of one-day bugs going around.

People recommending you have a PCR test are wide of the mark I think. Each one costs money and if you have no actual symptoms of Covid then you are probably wasting time and money

I was Ok after a day. Someone in work was talking to a doctor as their kid was ill and he was saying that adults and kids were getting wiped out with common colds and 'normal' infections because the body wasn't used to fighting off stuff daily as it's always done.

We have gone from a crowded environments with a bazillion bugs to keeping our distance, wearing masks and keeping hands scrupiously clean and your immune system has been off on its holibobs :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2021, 12:02:29 pm »
There are loads of one-day bugs going around.

People recommending you have a PCR test are wide of the mark I think. Each one costs money and if you have no actual symptoms of Covid then you are probably wasting time and money

I was Ok after a day. Someone in work was talking to a doctor as their kid was ill and he was saying that adults and kids were getting wiped out with common colds and 'normal' infections because the body wasn't used to fighting off stuff daily as it's always done.

We have gone from a crowded environments with a bazillion bugs to keeping our distance, wearing masks and keeping hands scrupiously clean and your immune system has been off on its holibobs :)

For illnesses we know are colds then yes, but when showing accepted Covid symptoms, then you need a PCR. Its why I haven't sent my lad for a PCR as he has the classic cold symptoms not Covid and he's had two negative lateral flow tests.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2021, 12:49:26 pm »
For illnesses we know are colds then yes, but when showing accepted Covid symptoms, then you need a PCR. Its why I haven't sent my lad for a PCR as he has the classic cold symptoms not Covid and he's had two negative lateral flow tests.

Totally agree that if you have actual symptoms of Covid. But having a cold for a day isn't that - and I've seen people saying if you have a cold you need a PCR.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2021, 01:02:56 pm »
Totally agree that if you have actual symptoms of Covid. But having a cold for a day isn't that - and I've seen people saying if you have a cold you need a PCR.

Totally expected from the people of the UK

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2021, 02:42:08 pm »

So they are coming in, despite having a cold? No wonder everybody else is catching it too...
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2021, 02:47:28 pm »
So they are coming in, despite having a cold? No wonder everybody else is catching it too...

Exactly. "Why did you come in if you're feeling ill?" - "I tested negative"....

:butt :butt :butt :butt

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2021, 03:17:42 pm »

Another thing about WFH I love. Guaranteed there would be snotty fuckers coming in and we'd all end up unwell. c*nt company policy of 3 days unpaid when off sick didn't help.