Author Topic: Ian Frodsham  (Read 3056 times)

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ian Frodsham
« on: March 15, 2021, 03:07:12 am »
Worth a read if you have a sub

https://theathletic.com/2441839/2021/03/14/the-untold-tragedy-of-ian-frodsham-liverpools-lost-star?source=user-shared-article

Despite my years on here and following Liverpool, I wasn't aware of him before somehow. Youth player of the 90s who had a big future ahead of him before falling ill and passing away

Article is worth subscribing to Athletic just to read. I was blown away by the bit about Souness. And more blown away by just what a great player and person the world robbed us of. RIP.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Re: Ian Frodsham
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 03:31:04 am »
Great piece. One of the best on there

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 04:54:08 am »
Hi Bakez. I suggest that you put this thread in the main forum first. I think it deserves a wider audience for a start. Perhaps later, it can be moved this ex-players forum
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 12:34:43 pm »
Absolutely heartbreaking story and a beautifully written and researched tribute.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 12:37:46 pm »
Worth a read if you have a sub

https://theathletic.com/2441839/2021/03/14/the-untold-tragedy-of-ian-frodsham-liverpools-lost-star?source=user-shared-article

Despite my years on here and following Liverpool, I wasn't aware of him before somehow. Youth player of the 90s who had a big future ahead of him before falling ill and passing away

Article is worth subscribing to Athletic just to read. I was blown away by the bit about Souness. And more blown away by just what a great player and person the world robbed us of. RIP.
It's a great but utterly heartbreaking read about someone I was only vaguely aware about.  And Souness really comes out well out of it.

Hi Bakez. I suggest that you put this thread in the main forum first. I think it deserves a wider audience for a start. Perhaps later, it can be moved this ex-players forum
That would be nice, but I think it's behind the Athletic paywall. Maybe at some stage we could ask James Pearce if it'd be OK to republish it in full here, but I do understand if they're reluctant about letting a piece he's worked hard on to be posted for free.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2021, 01:29:32 pm »
Read this earlier today, never know about him before and certainly puts that season into perspective. Such a tragedy for someone so young to lose their life, especially when he had so much to look forward too.

It's heartwarming to know how many lives Ian touched, and the quote about having him for 19 years is better than not at all brought a tear to my eye.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2021, 03:09:25 pm »
That would be nice, but I think it's behind the Athletic paywall. Maybe at some stage we could ask James Pearce if it'd be OK to republish it in full here, but I do understand if they're reluctant about letting a piece he's worked hard on to be posted for free.
Sorry if I was not clear. I meant to move this thread to the main forum instead of this one (that’s less obvious). Not for the Athletic article to be published in full
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2021, 04:41:52 pm »
incredible article.

He really left a mark on so many people. Seemed a special person.

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2021, 09:07:52 pm »
What a heart breaking story. To hear Souness and Heighway speak so highly of Frodsham, as well as his peers, it shows how well regarded he was and it's tragic the rest of the world didn't get to see it.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2021, 09:41:29 pm »
hadnt heard about this. would have been coming through the same time as Fowler. very sad story.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2021, 01:23:16 am »
One of the nicest people you could meet. Loved the Roscastle story.

Roscastle's son was the mascot for 2001 cup final between Liverpool and Arsenal after his Dad died tragically the year before. A game Froddy could have well played in.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2021, 09:15:01 pm »
Great piece. I was vaguely aware of the name in the 90's, never had the slightest inkling it was so tragic. He sounded like a remarkable young man.
We are Liverpool!

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2021, 03:34:35 pm »
I read that a few months ago

the bit where the doc told him how bad it was seconds after his mum begged the doc not too. That had to be so annoying.

no luck
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR