Author Topic: Holidays - UK or abroad?  (Read 43646 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Holidays - UK or abroad?
« Reply #640 on: October 15, 2021, 08:18:52 am »
The PCR test to return to the UK is being replaced with laterals from next week, 24th Oct, can order from the 22nd Oct. Thank fuck I waited to order ours :D

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/lateral-flow-tests-to-be-introduced-for-vaccinated-international-arrivals

Is that for everyone Robert, or just if you’re fully vaccinated (so do kids still need a PCR?)

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #641 on: October 15, 2021, 08:29:36 am »
Business trip up to Iceland on Monday. They now require a rapid antigen or PCR before you board the plane in the UK but they can’t be home tests. Going to LJLA on Sat to take a PCR. £99  :o

Do them for £55 in Liverpool one with randox pop up container on chavasse park

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #642 on: October 15, 2021, 08:34:23 am »
Is that for everyone Robert, or just if you’re fully vaccinated (so do kids still need a PCR?)

Everyone who is fully vaccinated or is under 18 can use the LFT's, so your kids are covered. PCR's are for selfish c*nts who refuse to get jabbed.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #643 on: October 15, 2021, 09:05:47 am »
Everyone who is fully vaccinated or is under 18 can use the LFT's, so your kids are covered. PCR's are for selfish c*nts who refuse to get jabbed.

Thank you. You’re a lot clearer than gov.uk

I’ll be sure to leave you a 5* review on Trust Pilot.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #644 on: October 15, 2021, 10:04:08 am »

;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #645 on: October 15, 2021, 10:15:55 am »
We've decided to cancel our plans for another jaunt abroad next month. Just couldn't find the right combination of destination (she really wanted to do a Christmas market somewhere across Europe), available flights and simple enough entry requirements. Given we're fitting it in around my relocating and also attempting to furnish the new flat, we just ran out of energy cross-referencing everything.

Instead, we're going to go do something we'd eyed up earlier in the year should travel rules not ease up - a weekend in one of those fancy 'glamping' cabins up near Loch Lomond.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #646 on: October 15, 2021, 10:27:59 am »

Just been reading Rob's Trust Pilot reviews.  :(

Ignorant truck driver who simply doesn't understand the benefits of releasing a shit ton of hard earned house equity to me and my shifty colleagues.

C Vorderman, Bristol.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #647 on: October 15, 2021, 10:29:28 am »

Ignorant truck driver who simply doesn't understand the benefits of releasing a shit ton of hard earned house equity to me and my shifty colleagues.

C Vorderman, Bristol.

Fake Bristol, not the real one.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #648 on: October 15, 2021, 10:30:05 am »
You don't need the locator form either

Ireland, the UK, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man
If you’re travelling to England from within the UK, Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, you do not need to:

complete a passenger locator form
take any COVID-19 tests
quarantine on arrival in England
You must not have been outside of the UK, Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man in the 10 days before you arrive in England.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19?step-by-step-nav=8c0c7b83-5e0b-4bed-9121-1c394e2f96f3
The other way around Rob, we are travelling from the UK to Ireland, current guidance says that we need to complete an Irish passenger locator form

From 19 July:

All travellers to Ireland will need to fill out a Passenger Locator Form.
Failure to complete this form is an offence
No travel-related testing or quarantine will be necessary for travellers from Great Britain with valid proof of full vaccination

If you do not have valid proof of vaccination and are travelling from Great Britain you will need to:

• present evidence of a negative RT-PCR test result within 72 hours prior to arrival into the country
  • self-quarantine
  • undergo post-arrival testing
Guidance can change at short notice so you should check Irish Government advice before you travel

See Entry requirements for more information before you plan to travel.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/ireland
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #649 on: October 15, 2021, 10:32:15 am »

C Vorderman, Bristol.

Fake Bristol, not the real one.

Haha, good work from the both of you. :D

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: October 15, 2021, 12:35:11 pm »
The other way around Rob, we are travelling from the UK to Ireland, current guidance says that we need to complete an Irish passenger locator form

From 19 July:

All travellers to Ireland will need to fill out a Passenger Locator Form.
Failure to complete this form is an offence
No travel-related testing or quarantine will be necessary for travellers from Great Britain with valid proof of full vaccination

If you do not have valid proof of vaccination and are travelling from Great Britain you will need to:

• present evidence of a negative RT-PCR test result within 72 hours prior to arrival into the country
  • self-quarantine
  • undergo post-arrival testing
Guidance can change at short notice so you should check Irish Government advice before you travel

See Entry requirements for more information before you plan to travel.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/ireland

Sorry mate its a fucking joke this.

You could fly into Belfast and then just cross the border though :thumbup

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #651 on: October 15, 2021, 05:22:02 pm »
The PCR test to return to the UK is being replaced with laterals from next week, 24th Oct, can order from the 22nd Oct. Thank fuck I waited to order ours :D

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/lateral-flow-tests-to-be-introduced-for-vaccinated-international-arrivals

Fucking dicks

Our flights arriving back at 23:25 on the 23rd :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #652 on: October 15, 2021, 06:03:49 pm »
I have done Stansted to Dublin and back again to Stansted in both August and September.

At Stansted, travelling to Ireland they asked to see the Passenger Locator Form and proof of vaccination (NHS app). Travelling back to Stansted from Dublin, they didn’t ask me to show anything both times.

Flew with Ryanair and uploaded COVID vaccine doc and locator form to the app - dunno if that made a difference.

If you have <6 months left on your British passport then you need a paper boarding pass and you need to present it to your airline’s check-in desk to be stamped for VISA requirements.

Travelled twice, was zero hassle. Took a lateral flow morning before I flew for my own conscious but not required.

It’s is really no hassle.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #653 on: October 15, 2021, 06:22:02 pm »
Off to Gran Canaria tomorrow.

I've got printed: the double jab proof from the app (PDF attachment you get and then emailed it to myself and printed). As well as the Spanish Passenger Locater Form with the QR code on.

Is this all you need? Obviously got passport and boarding pass too.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: October 15, 2021, 06:29:04 pm »
Does anyone know what the turnaround on passports is at the moment??

Submitted my 7 year old daughters application on 13th Sep, they received her old passport 1st Oct but I am due to travel on 29th November and I am sweating as to whether it will come back in time!

You'll be fine.

My girlfriend got hers recently. She submitted it early September and it took 4 weeks.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #655 on: October 15, 2021, 06:35:34 pm »
Fucking dicks

Our flights arriving back at 23:25 on the 23rd :D

You can order the tests from the 22nd and have 2 days to take them, so you can order them early on the 22nd, add the numbers on the stupid passenger locator form and then do the tests by the 26th

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #656 on: October 15, 2021, 06:36:17 pm »
Off to Gran Canaria tomorrow.

I've got printed: the double jab proof from the app (PDF attachment you get and then emailed it to myself and printed). As well as the Spanish Passenger Locater Form with the QR code on.

Is this all you need? Obviously got passport and boarding pass too.

That's what I had to get in and out of Greece with no issues.

One thing to bear in mind is that paper copies of the NHS certificate have a 30 day expiry. I had the one I'd uploaded to Ryanair's site as it printed out with the boarding passes, and didn't notice that it expired 2 days into the trip. Luckily we had access to a printer to get an updated one, but it could be a potential problem (they let me in to the Acropolis museum despite my expired certificate failing their scans, but others may not be so fortunate).
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: October 15, 2021, 06:42:34 pm »
That's what I had to get in and out of Greece with no issues.

One thing to bear in mind is that paper copies of the NHS certificate have a 30 day expiry. I had the one I'd uploaded to Ryanair's site as it printed out with the boarding passes, and didn't notice that it expired 2 days into the trip. Luckily we had access to a printer to get an updated one, but it could be a potential problem (they let me in to the Acropolis museum despite my expired certificate failing their scans, but others may not be so fortunate).

Yeah noticed that - ours say it expires 1st of November but we get back 26th October so should be fine.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #658 on: October 17, 2021, 06:25:17 pm »
Paid for the same day PCR at Manchester airport, result in 12 hrs, £30 cheaper than the 1-3 hours one. Lad had the test at 3, we've had the result back already and its negative :D

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #659 on: October 17, 2021, 06:32:54 pm »
The girl who sits right next to my daughter at school has just tested positive. Two negative lateral flows in a row for my daughter but not great a week out from when we’re meant to be going away!

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #660 on: October 17, 2021, 06:37:53 pm »
The girl who sits right next to my daughter at school has just tested positive. Two negative lateral flows in a row for my daughter but not great a week out from when we’re meant to be going away!

I'd keep her off school if she needs a predeparture PCR, not like they do much anyway.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #661 on: October 17, 2021, 06:42:45 pm »
I'd keep her off school if she needs a predeparture PCR, not like they do much anyway.

She doesn’t need one as she’s under 12, but if she has it then we’re at the point where we can’t go.

Stems from a teacher who’s whole family had it but she tested negative. Now a few kids in that year have it and she’s been emailed to say her test result could have been wrong. Must be linked to that Newbury lab possibly.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: October 17, 2021, 06:57:53 pm »
She doesn’t need one as she’s under 12, but if she has it then we’re at the point where we can’t go.

Stems from a teacher who’s whole family had it but she tested negative. Now a few kids in that year have it and she’s been emailed to say her test result could have been wrong. Must be linked to that Newbury lab possibly.

I wonder how many parents of under 12's will just refuse to go for tests?

We were all prepared to be having to move the holiday due to a positive test, was worried the older would test positive due to having had it in September.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #663 on: October 18, 2021, 08:02:27 am »
Gran Canaria is great. Weather is 28 degrees which is just about perfect for me.

Getting here wasn't too bad - the security checks and covid checks etc all very quick but baggage took over an hour to come out at Las Palmas airport and then our Tui coach wouldn't leave for 45 minutes as waiting for others, everyone was getting frustrated and asked the driver who said he had no idea how much longer we had to wait so half the coach got off and got taxis instead including us.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #664 on: October 18, 2021, 09:02:48 am »
Gran Canaria is great. Weather is 28 degrees which is just about perfect for me.

Getting here wasn't too bad - the security checks and covid checks etc all very quick but baggage took over an hour to come out at Las Palmas airport and then our Tui coach wouldn't leave for 45 minutes as waiting for others, everyone was getting frustrated and asked the driver who said he had no idea how much longer we had to wait so half the coach got off and got taxis instead including us.

We always swerve the coach and get a taxi, its far quicker.

Good that the weather is sound, enjoy yourself :wave

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #665 on: October 18, 2021, 10:55:02 am »
I thought the tests to come to UK where not needed now if in Europe?

You just show Covid passport both ways?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 11:01:22 am by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Lfc19ynwa

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #666 on: October 18, 2021, 01:07:29 pm »

If you are fully vaccinated and coming from a non “Red list” country from 22 October onwards you just need a lateral flow test on day 2 after arrival into uk

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #667 on: October 18, 2021, 02:29:11 pm »
If you are fully vaccinated and coming from a non “Red list” country from 22 October onwards you just need a lateral flow test on day 2 after arrival into uk

It that a private one?

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #668 on: October 18, 2021, 02:48:45 pm »

You don't need to test if fully vaccinated, but everyone MUST take a private day 2 covid test, which must be bought before you can fill in the passenger locator form, the test id's are required on the form - these change to LFT's on the 24th October, but can be ordered from the 22nd. We fly out on Wednesday, so from Friday I will be able to order the 4 tests we need and collect them at Manc airport - I'll either get them when we land, but more likely we'll all go up on the Thursday night, get the tests, take them in the car and then drop them back off.

Filling in a locator form to come home :butt

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #669 on: October 18, 2021, 02:51:27 pm »
You don't need to test if fully vaccinated, but everyone MUST take a private day 2 covid test, which must be bought before you can fill in the passenger locator form, the test id's are required on the form - these change to LFT's on the 24th October, but can be ordered from the 22nd. We fly out on Wednesday, so from Friday I will be able to order the 4 tests we need and collect them at Manc airport - I'll either get them when we land, but more likely we'll all go up on the Thursday night, get the tests, take them in the car and then drop them back off.

Filling in a locator form to come home :butt

You’re filling in the locator form to come home now, or you’re just frustrated at the thought of it (I’ve seen you say before, obviously you’re going to be staying at home!)...I thought you filled that in while away, is that right?

It can you do t from any point you’ve booked your day 2 lateral flow?

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #670 on: October 18, 2021, 03:19:14 pm »
You’re filling in the locator form to come home now, or you’re just frustrated at the thought of it (I’ve seen you say before, obviously you’re going to be staying at home!)...I thought you filled that in while away, is that right?

It can you do t from any point you’ve booked your day 2 lateral flow?

No, the stupid locator form can only be done within 2 days of flying home. I'm coming home for fucks sake, I'm not coming on holiday :butt.  I've had a practice and could't get the QR code to upload, the Cyprus website is far superior to the one Matt Hancocks next door neighbour created.

You can buy your tests at any point, but as its swapping to LFT I'll do it while away and then on the Monday 25th I've got to fuck about online doing the PLC. My boss had 6 to do coming back from Tenerife last week - first the wifi was shit, then the website was down. He woke at 1am stressed, then it took him til 2:30 to fill the fucking forms in - I've just done 4 Cyprus flight passes in 30 mins.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 03:26:52 pm by rob1966 »

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #671 on: October 18, 2021, 05:13:40 pm »
So you need to do a test coming from Spain when in the UK?

And it has to be private?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 05:19:30 pm by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #672 on: October 18, 2021, 05:19:53 pm »
So you need to a test coming from Spain when in the UK?

Yes, before you can fly back from Spain you will need to fill in a UK passenger locator form https://provide-journey-contact-details.homeoffice.gov.uk/passengerLocatorFormUserAccountHolderQuestion and to complete this form, you will have needed to have ordered the day 2 LFT test and entered the reference no - no ref, no PLF, no return flight.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #673 on: October 18, 2021, 05:27:44 pm »
Yes, before you can fly back from Spain you will need to fill in a UK passenger locator form https://provide-journey-contact-details.homeoffice.gov.uk/passengerLocatorFormUserAccountHolderQuestion and to complete this form, you will have needed to have ordered the day 2 LFT test and entered the reference no - no ref, no PLF, no return flight.

Thanks mate - it may all change when I go but good to know

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: October 19, 2021, 09:57:59 am »
As much as providing advice in here is really useful (I've done it myself) I can't recommend enough that you check for yourself in case the rules change from what you read on here.

Search "travel advice FCO xxxxx" with your country replacing xxxx and you'll get the latest up-to-date guidance.

The link will be https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain or similar.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #675 on: October 19, 2021, 10:43:01 am »
Just booked for Syd to Dublin in April 2022. Haven't seen the extended family in nearly 5 years. Missed so many events its not funny. Hoping my dad (Man United fan) and I fluke a couple of tickets to the derby and bounce around Liverpool for a couple of days.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #676 on: October 21, 2021, 06:46:44 pm »
As much as providing advice in here is really useful (I've done it myself) I can't recommend enough that you check for yourself in case the rules change from what you read on here.

Search "travel advice FCO xxxxx" with your country replacing xxxx and you'll get the latest up-to-date guidance.

The link will be https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain or similar.

Thanks mate - I don't think our trip will happen anyway
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 06:53:44 pm by Nick110581 »

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #677 on: October 22, 2021, 03:55:34 pm »
Those GHIC cards arrived exactly a week later as predicted. Cheers!

Just booked a test for my son on Monday at 11. Said results sent by 10pm the following day and we fly Wednesday afternoon so should all be fine. Then in the small print it says results ‘could’ take 48 hours which would be cutting things far too fine to submit his results abs get the QR code through and all forms completed. Really hoping that’s just small print to cover themselves and unlikely.

Can’t really book the test for the Sunday as it has to be done 72 hours before you land (not take off I think?) and we land around 6.30 pm but if we’re an hour or two late we’d be outside the 72 hour remit. Stressful shite. :D

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #678 on: October 23, 2021, 02:59:46 pm »
Those GHIC cards arrived exactly a week later as predicted. Cheers!

Just booked a test for my son on Monday at 11. Said results sent by 10pm the following day and we fly Wednesday afternoon so should all be fine. Then in the small print it says results ‘could’ take 48 hours which would be cutting things far too fine to submit his results abs get the QR code through and all forms completed. Really hoping that’s just small print to cover themselves and unlikely.

Can’t really book the test for the Sunday as it has to be done 72 hours before you land (not take off I think?) and we land around 6.30 pm but if we’re an hour or two late we’d be outside the 72 hour remit. Stressful shite. :D

No its 72 hours before you take off, I got my lads done 3pm last Sunday as we departed 10:15 Wednesday . Results were back in 3 hours on a by 12 midnight time frame.

Cyprus one took until 10 the following day should have been 3 hours.

Just bought our boots return home tests. Do that today as you have to register each person and take a pic of each passport. I'd left it til we were away so I could order the laterals, took about an hour cos I was fucking about on a tablet

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #679 on: October 23, 2021, 03:07:08 pm »
We’ve just ordered the lateral flows for coming home but you can’t fill out the form til 48 hours before toure about to head home I think.

Going to keep faith that the results will come through by 10pm the next day! Friends of ours went to the same place and got them in good time.