Author Topic: The 2021 Formula 1 “Gives you whinge…”  (Read 313827 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: The 2021 Formula 1 thread
« Reply #200 on: March 5, 2021, 09:37:58 am »
They used it mainly for safety cars. I personally didn't see them better than the rest on restarts after safety car. Don't forget DAS also added a lot of weight to the car.
So it must have been worthwhile or they wouldn’t have bothered... it will be interesting
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: March 5, 2021, 09:38:52 am »
So it must have been worthwhile or they wouldn’t have bothered... it will be interesting

True. But I personally don't think it was a major advantage. But maybe it will have been. I guess we'll soon find out.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #202 on: March 5, 2021, 09:46:21 am »
True. But I personally don't think it was a major advantage. But maybe it will have been. I guess we'll soon find out.

Until such time as someone writes a book about it or something, I don't think we ever truly will.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #203 on: March 5, 2021, 02:20:54 pm »
Williams

how the hell do i reduce that pic size
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: March 5, 2021, 02:23:28 pm »
The lack of sponsorship on that car is pretty alarming?

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: March 5, 2021, 02:26:34 pm »

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: March 5, 2021, 02:36:58 pm »
Williams Racing planned to reveal its 2021 challenger, the FW43B, via an augmented reality app later today (5th March). However, sadly, because the app was hacked prior to launch, this will no longer be possible. We have subsequently removed the app from both the Apple App Store and Android Google Play store.

We were very much looking forward to sharing this experience with our fans, particularly during this difficult time when being able to bring in-person experiences directly to our fans is sadly not possible. We can only apologise that this has not been possible.

Numerous other launch assets are available today however, including rendered photography of the FW43B and interview b-roll packages of CEO Jost Capito, Team Principal Simon Roberts, and race drivers George Russell and Nicholas Latifi

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #207 on: March 5, 2021, 02:41:05 pm »
Williams

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #208 on: March 5, 2021, 02:51:15 pm »

Just open it in 'Paint' and use the resize function in the top left hand corner  :wave
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #209 on: March 5, 2021, 02:52:44 pm »
It's a busy but still bland back of the grid livery. See most of pre-qualifying in the late 80s/early 90s.

The team's gone.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #210 on: March 5, 2021, 02:53:43 pm »
1. acronis are a cyber security company.
2. apparently it wasn't hacked, they didn't secure it. daft bastards.

apparently it is "a dramatic new visual identity sporting a livery inspired by Williams’ all-conquering cars of the 1980s and 1990s, combining blues, white and yellow accents."

that'll be why it looks nothing like those then.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #211 on: March 5, 2021, 02:59:24 pm »

:lmao

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #212 on: March 5, 2021, 03:20:57 pm »

apparently it is "a dramatic new visual identity sporting a livery inspired by Williams’ all-conquering cars of the 1980s and 1990s, combining blues, white and yellow accents."

that'll be why it looks nothing like those then.

That's brilliant

I think that's most of them now isn`t it ? I think probably my 'favourite' out of the liveries is the Alpine.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #213 on: March 5, 2021, 03:25:45 pm »
alpine for me too of the 'new' ones, but I'm interested in seeing what the AM looks like on the telly when it's actually moving.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: March 5, 2021, 03:40:07 pm »
Yeah, the Alpine is my favourite too.  The Aston could have been it but the added pink is shit.  Like, I didn't mind the whole car as pink, but the flash of it with the racing green is shit.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #215 on: March 5, 2021, 03:50:00 pm »
it's not even green, it's fucking 'teal'

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #216 on: March 5, 2021, 04:06:22 pm »
Yeah, the Alpine is my favourite too.  The Aston could have been it but the added pink is shit.  Like, I didn't mind the whole car as pink, but the flash of it with the racing green is shit.
Wait till you start noticing the horrible bright yellow JCB sponsor slapped on various parts of the car. It’s got to be the cheapest looking sponsor around.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #217 on: March 5, 2021, 04:23:01 pm »
it's not even green, it's fucking 'teal'

Blue and grey isn`t it ?
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #218 on: March 5, 2021, 05:00:20 pm »
If you are putting an Aston Martin badge on a F1 car then it has to be British Racing Green.

Offline the_toffee

• clearly missing his wrapper
  • Anny Roader
  • Meh.
« Reply #219 on: March 5, 2021, 06:25:55 pm »
If you can overlook the heavy-handed Russian influence (and whilst sponsorship has almost always influenced Formula One liveries, the Russian flag is a different matter), it appears a reasonably clean & classy livery - though perhaps a little uninspiring.  A bit like the Sauber livery of 2017 I suppose.

Looks a bit like a template you'd be able to select & edit on the F1 game.

I love it myself. Clean, simple, classy. In that sense, not very Russian!

The livery also reminds me of the classic Martini sponsored cars, like the Lancia 037. Which might just be my favourite car ever.
Repugnant is a Creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #220 on: March 6, 2021, 01:53:18 pm »

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #221 on: March 6, 2021, 02:07:01 pm »
The lack of sponsorship on that car is pretty alarming?

It’s noticeable but as I said before I don’t think it’s that worrying. The teams can only spend $130ish million because of the budget cap, prize money gets Williams $50-60 million let’s say, so that’s a decent chunk of what they are allowed to spend there. Chuck on the sponsorship money on top and while they probably don’t hit the cap, they are at the back of the grid and gap from first to last isn’t that large compared to other sports.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: March 6, 2021, 02:10:00 pm »
Thinking is overrated.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #223 on: March 6, 2021, 02:33:05 pm »

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: March 6, 2021, 03:15:16 pm »
Only looking at calendar.

Australia in November this year. First time since 95

23 races.......at least 3 too many for me.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: March 6, 2021, 05:31:58 pm »

The number of races never bothers me too much, just some of the shit circuits.

But it shouldn’t be a huge surprise, Liberty needed a way to ‘add value’ ie make more money, to something they spent so much money on buying and the easiest way to do that is just to add in more races.
Thinking is overrated.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #226 on: March 6, 2021, 05:42:24 pm »

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: March 6, 2021, 06:25:42 pm »
I find the Williams livery more offensive  ;D

The trailers were parked up in work last weekend

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: March 6, 2021, 06:31:28 pm »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #229 on: March 6, 2021, 06:58:14 pm »
Cant wait until the Dutch one..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #230 on: March 6, 2021, 07:46:36 pm »

I feel the same really - I know those of us so who do are ultimately watching it by choice, but it doesn't half feel like a time-consuming hobby/pass-time ;D

Offline Dalglish to Rush

• Main Stander
« Reply #231 on: March 6, 2021, 08:10:45 pm »

Lets hope this isn't faster than the new Williams!   ;D

Online jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #232 on: March 6, 2021, 08:14:32 pm »
Do I remember correctly that it was race pace that was the bigger issue than outright speed for Wiliams last year?  Russell made quite a few Q2 appearances, didn't he, but tended to go backwards in races...?

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: March 8, 2021, 10:20:25 pm »

New Safety Car and Medical Car

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #234 on: March 8, 2021, 10:33:03 pm »
they're still using the merc too, only it'll be painted red again

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #235 on: March 9, 2021, 11:17:24 am »
I can’t bloody wait for the new season. I’ll probably even watch lots of the testing - that’s how sad I am  ;D

Online jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #236 on: March 9, 2021, 02:50:20 pm »
Always loved Imola on the video games - looks a great flowing drive.  I know it's narrow and doesn't have much in the way of slow/fast sections, so isn't the best for overtaking but - a bit like a countryside version of Albert Park - there's just a flow to it I really like.

F1 would be boring if everything was geared towards overtaking opportunities anyway - got to be some circuits/races that place an emphasis on things like qualifying & strategy instead.  It's the field spread that is the bigger issue.

Anyway - enjoy...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ncGNJK0ydFo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ncGNJK0ydFo</a>

I tend to amend video frame ratios to 500,400 (see code above) but it never quite looks right - anyone know what's best?

Spoiler
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ncGNJK0ydFo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ncGNJK0ydFo</a>

[close]

:o
« Last Edit: March 9, 2021, 02:55:54 pm by jackh »

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: March 10, 2021, 08:17:39 am »
Great video. Highlights the reality of the environment the drivers work in and makes the consistency and precision of the drivers all the more impressive really.

I’m also looking forward to testing and will be watching it whenever I get the chance.
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline Qston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #238 on: March 10, 2021, 08:40:56 am »
That's a great video. Holy shit it looks terrifying ! (although I wish I could have a go  :D)

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #239 on: March 10, 2021, 12:20:31 pm »

New Ferrari livery. Because when I think of Ferrari I always associate them with bright green  ::)

This is shaping up to be my least favourite year of liveries.  The designs seem to be going the way of football shirts - just a bunch of ugly colours and patterns thrown together.