Author Topic: The 2021 Formula 1 “Gives you whinge…”  (Read 313859 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: The 2021 Formula 1 thread
« Reply #160 on: March 2, 2021, 07:59:40 pm »
If Ferrari don’t put lacquer on their car they should shoot their CEO.

Makes a nice red cloud look dull and insipid.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #161 on: March 3, 2021, 04:14:03 pm »
Look at the pictures of the new Mercedes - looks good (and also doesn’t have shiny tyres!)
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #162 on: March 3, 2021, 04:22:31 pm »
The cars aren't anything to write home about but at least the liveries will make this year look different.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #163 on: March 3, 2021, 04:32:02 pm »
Look at the pictures of the new Mercedes - looks good (and also doesn’t have shiny tyres!)
think the colour of the tyre wall can make a difference to how the car looks

some look good with white like mercedes, ferrari looks good with yellow, thought white would look better on the aston martin

i like the paint job they did with it
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #165 on: March 3, 2021, 04:43:05 pm »
Looks a bit bright for Aston Martin Green?

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #166 on: March 3, 2021, 05:16:58 pm »
one driver was pictured with a cap on, the other wasn't. no prizes for guessing which was which.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #167 on: March 3, 2021, 05:47:04 pm »
He's hiding the hair transplant

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: March 3, 2021, 07:52:32 pm »
He's hiding the hair transplant

If he is, he’s not the only driver!

On an aside, didn’t Jurgen have one too?
Thinking is overrated.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: March 3, 2021, 08:16:34 pm »

Think he's dyed it

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: March 3, 2021, 08:27:33 pm »
Will be interesting to see how much losing DAS affects Mercedes.

They have actively reduced performance in one area since last year let’s remember.  Will it be like Ferrari when the FIA suggested they may like to follow the rules rather than massively cheating?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #171 on: March 3, 2021, 08:30:02 pm »
If he is, he’s not the only driver!

Yep.  Was even asked about it in a press conference and was saying how great it looks.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #172 on: March 3, 2021, 08:32:08 pm »

They have actively reduced performance in one area since last year let’s remember.  Will it be like Ferrari when the FIA suggested they may like to follow the rules rather than massively cheating?

I'm not sure anyone will ever know, because nobody really knew how much difference it made in the first place anyway.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #173 on: March 3, 2021, 08:37:14 pm »
I'm not sure anyone will ever know, because nobody really knew how much difference it made in the first place anyway.

Did they even use it much?

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #174 on: March 3, 2021, 08:37:53 pm »
Did they even use it much?

there's that too!

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: March 3, 2021, 08:42:12 pm »
Porsche VW plan to enter in 2025.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/56272450
W

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #176 on: March 3, 2021, 08:45:37 pm »
Thought before I read it that they'll replace Red Bull in 2025 so wasn't surprised to see them in the article.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #177 on: March 3, 2021, 08:52:16 pm »
Porsche VW plan to enter in 2025.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/56272450

They're always planning on submitting an entry.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #178 on: March 3, 2021, 09:17:08 pm »
An Aston Martin badge on a car gives me a warm feeling
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #179 on: March 3, 2021, 09:19:02 pm »
hopefully not another jaguar

And their jagosi
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #180 on: March 3, 2021, 10:17:06 pm »
hopefully not another jaguar

And their jagosi

hopefully mate. And hopefully not another merc clone !

Difficult to get too excited with limited changes this season. I'll still watch it all though
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: March 3, 2021, 10:43:19 pm »

As far as I remember, there weren't many tracks on the calendar that took advantage of DAS. It was mostly under things like safety car restarts and cooler race tracks that they got the most out of it as they could warm up their tyres better than the others.

Can't see this season being much different in terms of outright performance than last season.

Though since Racing point (now Aston Martin) were found guilty of being a pink Mercedes last season, did they have to make any changes to comply this season? Or with the regulations staying the same they basically took their punishment last season and can carry on running the same parts?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: March 3, 2021, 10:44:07 pm »

I still don't like the colour. It's not British Racing Green enough

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #183 on: March 4, 2021, 08:43:12 am »
america's f1 team is now russia's f1 team

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: March 4, 2021, 08:53:26 am »
As far as I remember, there weren't many tracks on the calendar that took advantage of DAS. It was mostly under things like safety car restarts and cooler race tracks that they got the most out of it as they could warm up their tyres better than the others.

Can't see this season being much different in terms of outright performance than last season.

Though since Racing point (now Aston Martin) were found guilty of being a pink Mercedes last season, did they have to make any changes to comply this season? Or with the regulations staying the same they basically took their punishment last season and can carry on running the same parts?

The Aston is going to have Mercedes 2020 car's rear suspension so it looks like they've pretty much got carte blanche for this year. Mark Hughes believes that the suspension upgrade could actually make the Aston the second quickest car, so it's potentially quite significant.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2021, 08:59:54 am by Darren G »

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Last Edit: March 4, 2021, 10:17:16 am by jackh »

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #186 on: March 4, 2021, 10:16:58 am »
They also seem to have no actual sponsors. The Russian shit is all mazepin and I presume the 1&1 is for Schumacher

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #187 on: March 4, 2021, 11:11:26 am »
america's f1 team is now russia's f1 team

If you can overlook the heavy-handed Russian influence (and whilst sponsorship has almost always influenced Formula One liveries, the Russian flag is a different matter), it appears a reasonably clean & classy livery - though perhaps a little uninspiring.  A bit like the Sauber livery of 2017 I suppose.

Looks a bit like a template you'd be able to select & edit on the F1 game.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: March 4, 2021, 12:47:08 pm »
That Uralkali is a Russian fertiliser company. Pretty apt that Haas is sponsored by shit.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #189 on: March 4, 2021, 12:49:07 pm »
That Uralkali is a Russian fertiliser company. Pretty apt that Haas is sponsored by shit.

It's ran by Mazepin's dad. They'll be at the back of that grid I'd of thought with them not spending any tokens.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2021, 12:51:16 pm by naYoRHa2b »

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #190 on: March 4, 2021, 12:59:46 pm »
"Fuck Haas" basically. Poor Mick

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #191 on: March 4, 2021, 01:02:27 pm »
World sport: Nobody can compete under a Russian flag.

Russian oligarchy: Hold my vodka.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #192 on: March 4, 2021, 01:04:48 pm »
Shame to see how they've floundered really - it looked as though they were making progress in 2018, and I'm sure they'll have had short-term ambitions of establishing themselves as 4th best but they've regressed massively.

Presume the Rich Energy issues and the pandemic have affected their cashflow significantly, and they'll have suffered the knock-on effects of Ferrari's own regression over the last 18 months or so.

Do we think they'll last into the next era of the sport?

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: March 4, 2021, 04:52:11 pm »
They're always planning on submitting an entry.

Yup, usually follows along the lines of ‘we’re interested in joining depending on the regulations’, the existing teams say we’re not changing the engine regulations too much because we have invested too much money in them, potential entrant says ‘engines are too complicated and expensive to catch up’ and decides not to join.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: March 4, 2021, 04:57:43 pm »
Shame to see how they've floundered really - it looked as though they were making progress in 2018, and I'm sure they'll have had short-term ambitions of establishing themselves as 4th best but they've regressed massively.

Presume the Rich Energy issues and the pandemic have affected their cashflow significantly, and they'll have suffered the knock-on effects of Ferrari's own regression over the last 18 months or so.

Do we think they'll last into the next era of the sport?

I don’t think it’s that bad for them over the medium term. The budget cap will help them (even without sponsors the prize money gives them a decent chunk of what they can spend) and last year was particularly bad because of the Ferrari engine and its troubles, reports suggest the engine is more competitive this season.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: March 4, 2021, 06:04:20 pm »
I’m interested to see how Ferrari perform in testing. They think they’ve found significant speed on the straights and it will be intriguing to see how this translates itself.

Let’s not forget that they were pretty much the best unit for power until they got caught flagrantly cheating, breaking clear rules and taking the piss out of everybody else.  Their disgraceful lies were found out and there followed a huge drop in performance
W

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #196 on: March 4, 2021, 06:26:54 pm »
One man's cheating is another man's creative interpretation.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: March 4, 2021, 06:28:46 pm »
One man's cheating is another man's creative interpretation.
Not in this case though ;)
W

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #198 on: March 4, 2021, 06:33:18 pm »
f1 is kinda about cheating until you get caught.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #199 on: March 5, 2021, 09:37:17 am »

They used it mainly for safety cars. I personally didn't see them better than the rest on restarts after safety car. Don't forget DAS also added a lot of weight to the car.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker