Author Topic: Welcome to Liverpool Thiago Alcantara  (Read 805393 times)

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Thiago Alcantara
« Reply #4000 on: October 15, 2021, 05:33:03 pm »
not one of life's quick healers is he ...

hard to be that negative about it, we knew this when we signed him

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4001 on: October 15, 2021, 05:51:30 pm »
That Elliot injury really biting us in the arse!

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4002 on: October 15, 2021, 06:21:27 pm »
not one of life's quick healers is he ...

hard to be that negative about it, we knew this when we signed him

Begs the question why we signed him really. Great player but undoubtedly a recruitment anomaly given age profile and injury record. And here we are.. nearly ten games in and he’ll have started one of them.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4003 on: October 15, 2021, 06:41:41 pm »
Well the first game or couple of games were him coming back from the Euros so it wasn't  injury that was preventing him playing. Not sure about some of the others but not starting a game isn't the same as not being available as has been discussed extensively in this thread recently.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4004 on: October 15, 2021, 06:42:58 pm »
Well the first game or couple of games were him coming back from the Euros so it wasn't  injury that was preventing him playing. Not sure about some of the others but not starting a game isn't the same as not being available as has been discussed extensively in this thread recently.

Tell that to Naby :lmao

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4005 on: October 15, 2021, 07:21:41 pm »
Tell that to Naby :lmao

I don't remember him playing in the Euros.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4006 on: October 16, 2021, 09:51:03 am »
I don't remember him playing in the Euros.

I was referring to ‘not starting a game isn't the same as not being available’. You’re 100% correct but people seem to count both the same

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4007 on: October 16, 2021, 10:01:51 am »
I was referring to ‘not starting a game isn't the same as not being available’. You’re 100% correct but people seem to count both the same

Ah right, was only messing about the Euro's comment :P

Agreed though. Just for clarity, We'll have played 8 league games after today and Thiago would have started 2 of them. He was on the bench from the second game onwards until the 5th game, which is when he got injured.

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4008 on: October 16, 2021, 11:54:58 am »
Begs the question why we signed him really. Great player but undoubtedly a recruitment anomaly given age profile and injury record. And here we are.. nearly ten games in and he’ll have started one of them.

Seriously? Going by that statement, you would think he's contributed nothing in his time here.

He was absolutely vital in our late season run towards securing a CL spot last season. That is one reason we have right there. And he has another 3 or 4 years left on his contract to do quite a lot more.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4009 on: October 16, 2021, 11:59:54 am »
Feels like a repeat of last seasons injury where we kept getting teased with the prospect of him returning and then him actually being out until Christmas.

I’m sure Klopp said he’d back after the internationals.

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4010 on: October 16, 2021, 12:08:46 pm »
Seems very much of a 'Sturridge' type in that he is strong willed and won't play until HE feels 100% fit.

With the injury to Elliott we can't afford passengers in that midfield and I think him and Naby need to toughen up a bit. I wish a few more of them had that Suarez attitude.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4011 on: October 16, 2021, 12:10:32 pm »
Seems very much of a 'Sturridge' type in that he is strong willed and won't play until HE feels 100% fit.

With the injury to Elliott we can't afford passengers in that midfield and I think him and Naby need to toughen up a bit. I wish a few more of them had that Suarez attitude.

Or, he's injured?
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline le_boss

• Main Stander
« Reply #4012 on: October 16, 2021, 12:21:23 pm »
Becoming a Jari Litmanen for us

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4013 on: October 16, 2021, 12:24:55 pm »
Or, he's injured...

...again.

Might just be me but it seems rare that a manager gives a date for possible return and the player doesn't return either on that date or a little earlier. All managers seem overly pessimistic when predicting returns because it takes pressure off the player and might give a little boost when he comes back earlier.

With Thiago, and its just an impression i got, he rarely seems to return by the date of the pessimistic managerial prediction? I believe it happened once in his final season at Bayern also?

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4014 on: October 16, 2021, 05:21:22 pm »
...again.

Might just be me but it seems rare that a manager gives a date for possible return and the player doesn't return either on that date or a little earlier. All managers seem overly pessimistic when predicting returns because it takes pressure off the player and might give a little boost when he comes back earlier.

With Thiago, and its just an impression i got, he rarely seems to return by the date of the pessimistic managerial prediction? I believe it happened once in his final season at Bayern also?
It's just you. It quite often happpens that a player does not return at a suggested date. Predicting injury returns is not an exact science, it's an ongoing process.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4015 on: October 16, 2021, 05:22:11 pm »
Think he's just a slow healer.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #4016 on: October 16, 2021, 05:24:32 pm »
Not sure why he couldn’t have played today……….he could have stood still all match but still contributed.
#JFT97

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4017 on: October 16, 2021, 05:25:11 pm »
Not sure why he couldn’t have played today……….he could have stood still all match but still contributed.

Could've put him in goal.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #4018 on: October 16, 2021, 05:37:57 pm »

Worked for Man Utd with Maguire.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4019 on: October 17, 2021, 10:32:36 pm »
Do we have any idea when he might be back?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4020 on: October 18, 2021, 03:41:30 am »
Do we have any idea when he might be back?

I’d bet he will be back after the next international break. So it could be a two month injury. :o

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4021 on: October 18, 2021, 04:18:33 am »

Sturridge has signed for Perth Glory. That says it all. It's not that he wasn't willing to play through the pain barrier, it's much more likely that he had real injury troubles. It's not Sturridge's character that needs questioning. He was just unfortunate with injuries and being injury prone. I don't know why this myth seems to still persist.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4022 on: October 19, 2021, 11:26:35 am »
Sturridge has signed for Perth Glory. That says it all. It's not that he wasn't willing to play through the pain barrier, it's much more likely that he had real injury troubles. It's not Sturridge's character that needs questioning. He was just unfortunate with injuries and being injury prone. I don't know why this myth seems to still persist.

If memory serves me right I think it was something Gerrard said in his book about a conversation he had with Sturridge and the fitness team before a game, possible Utd or Everton. There was some kind of reference to Suarez never missing games too

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4023 on: October 19, 2021, 02:11:15 pm »
Some folks have said he missed training today - so it's unlikely he will be ready for the weekend. This means it will be another month long injury? Guessing it was worse than first reported.

It seems that way nearly on every occasion he gets injured, he’s a great player but these little niggles than turn into month long injuries are annoying, Keita seems to suffer from similar issues.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4024 on: October 19, 2021, 03:09:38 pm »
So he is out till Christmas again? We need to cut our losses and let sell him ASAP.

First, he decided to get his leg snapped by Richarlison then he gets COVID and now he is injured again till Christmas. Very reminiscent of Sturridge. 

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4025 on: October 19, 2021, 03:34:46 pm »
So he is out till Christmas again? We need to cut our losses and let sell him ASAP.

First, he decided to get his leg snapped by Richarlison then he gets COVID and now he is injured again till Christmas. Very reminiscent of Sturridge. 

Easter

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4026 on: October 19, 2021, 03:39:45 pm »

Yeah they should all do what Maguire did at the weekend - one training session and get back in there like a proper man, very rarely any consequences for this sort of thing on the pitch plus you have the benefit of not getting called a pansy by JJ Red online or Gerrard in his autobiography

Why can't people accept that professional footballers all want to play (with very rare exceptions), they're fucking frustrated when they can't and that humans heal at different rates?

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4027 on: October 19, 2021, 03:40:43 pm »
Sturridge has signed for Perth Glory.

Has he?? missed that - that's great .. I'm amazed he hasn't and didn't go to the MLS before he moved to Turkey
But I hope he gets to play somewhere and show off his talent - one of the unluckiest players in our history (relative to talent)

Online whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4028 on: October 19, 2021, 10:24:11 pm »
Yeah they should all do what Maguire did at the weekend - one training session and get back in there like a proper man, very rarely any consequences for this sort of thing on the pitch plus you have the benefit of not getting called a pansy by JJ Red online or Gerrard in his autobiography

Why can't people accept that professional footballers all want to play (with very rare exceptions), they're fucking frustrated when they can't and that humans heal at different rates?

Its all the players fault for being injury prone. They should just man up and play like they did in the good ol days.
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4029 on: October 19, 2021, 10:25:46 pm »
Talk about a player we could have used for the last 15-20 - we need someone that injects calm into the team and knows how to possess the ball.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #4030 on: October 19, 2021, 10:29:23 pm »
my thoughts exactly, i said to the missus thiago would be perfect here now
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #4031 on: October 19, 2021, 10:30:05 pm »
my thoughts exactly, i said to the missus thiago would be perfect here now
What were you doing to her at the time?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4032 on: October 19, 2021, 10:32:15 pm »

Boom!! 😊

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #4033 on: October 19, 2021, 10:55:15 pm »
😂Cheeky
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4034 on: October 22, 2021, 12:27:17 pm »
this turned into a 2 month injury! wow.

Klopp says "maybe before or for sure after the break"

nuts.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4035 on: October 22, 2021, 12:51:40 pm »
this turned into a 2 month injury! wow.

Klopp says "maybe before or for sure after the break"

nuts.

So that's potentially 21/11 versus Arsenal. 10 matches including EFL Cup he misses.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4036 on: October 22, 2021, 02:03:02 pm »
Another Sturridge  esque player it seems, two of the most naturally gifted players we’ve had at this club but lack of durability will probably like Sturridge lead to him having an ‘underrated career’. I mean his 29 supposed to be in the peak of his powers yet can’t start for Spain.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4037 on: October 22, 2021, 02:22:36 pm »
I was a bit tongue in cheek when I said shortly after thatI hope this isn't one of those that looks innocuous at the start. Then its missing the next 2, then it's not yet , then it's not for City but after the break etc. and before you know it, it's 6 weeks.

I'd take 6 weeks now! We're 4 weeks in and he's out for the next few.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4038 on: October 22, 2021, 10:07:36 pm »
Another Sturridge  esque player it seems, two of the most naturally gifted players we’ve had at this club but lack of durability will probably like Sturridge lead to him having an ‘underrated career’. I mean his 29 supposed to be in the peak of his powers yet can’t start for Spain.

He's actually 30. Naturally gifted means very little if you're not making regular contributions on the field.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #4039 on: October 22, 2021, 10:11:03 pm »
We don't have much luck when it comes to injuries with our midfield - Lallana, Chamberlain, Keita, Thiago.