Author Topic: Fifa 21 - Next Gen  (Read 15111 times)

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
Re: Fifa 21 - Next Gen
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2020, 06:07:36 pm »
Nope, I’m getting it too.

Not just UT, had it in Seasons and Co-Op.
AHA!

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2020, 06:41:28 pm »
Frustrating isn’t it...
YNWA - JFT97

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2020, 11:16:08 pm »
Went to get FIFA 20 as a warm up but the fuckers have taken it off EA Play, probably to stop people selling their FIFA 21s and flocking back. Fuckers.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2020, 02:38:20 am »
Is anyone else constantly struggling to find a game online?

Takes me anywhere between 5-10 attempts on ultimate team to get a division rivals game. Always pops up saying the connection to your opponent has been lost.

Is this my end or the servers?
I thought it was just my connection. I'm relieved to see a few more having the issue, more chance of it being resolved I guess.

When I do actually get into a game, it's been generally a better connection than Fifa 20 at least.

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2020, 08:22:02 am »
Is anyone else constantly struggling to find a game online?

Takes me anywhere between 5-10 attempts on ultimate team to get a division rivals game. Always pops up saying the connection to your opponent has been lost.

Is this my end or the servers?
What platform?

Having no issues on PS4.

Offline gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2020, 05:06:38 pm »
It’s on Xbox for me, just got into a game there, after seven attempts. There’s a 12ms, five bar ping and I’m getting speed up lag near enough every thirty seconds in a game. It’s an absolute shambles, near PES 2008 levels bad.
AHA!

Online Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2020, 08:32:15 pm »
It’s on Xbox for me, just got into a game there, after seven attempts. There’s a 12ms, five bar ping and I’m getting speed up lag near enough every thirty seconds in a game. It’s an absolute shambles, near PES 2008 levels bad.

I'm on Xbox as well and haven't had any issues. Don't think I've waited more than 20 sec for a game..
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2020, 11:57:42 pm »
So I caved and bought it.

Whats this new dribbling I hear so much about? 

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2020, 10:55:16 am »
So I caved and bought it.

Whats this new dribbling I hear so much about?
It's called 'agile dribbling.' It's meant to be a feature whereby you have closer control and are able to dribble more intricately.

However, if you play the AI on Legendary/Ultimate, regardless of the quality of the opposition, this gets spammed and you get players who move the ball way too quickly, dribble far too closely and can't be dispossessed in virtually any situation. Players rated in the 60s spam it and it's frustrating to try and defend against, even more so when they don't use it decisively and just twist and spin away from tackles near the corner flag without ever taking three or four excellent chances to cross it.

It needs patching, toning down massively and only being an option to those who are genuinely gifted dribblers in real life, Hazard, Messi etc. It should be that if a lumbering League Two midfielder tries that sort of thing, sometimes it will work but mostly they will miscontrol or take a heavier touch away from themselves given the defending team the chance to nick it. It should be risk reward but it's just reward as far as I can see.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2020, 09:51:43 am »
Can't find a thread for it so.. hows everyone finding Ultimate team?

I didnt buy FIFA 20 but personally i think this 21 edition is one of the best in a few years. Im particularly fond of the finishing

Online Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #90 on: October 23, 2020, 11:50:16 am »
Can't find a thread for it so.. hows everyone finding Ultimate team?

I didnt buy FIFA 20 but personally i think this 21 edition is one of the best in a few years. Im particularly fond of the finishing
From my experience, there's just a couple of things preventing this from being a good game:

1. It's so hard to manually press somebody good. Second man press does practically nothing, so cannot be utilised at all. Instead, you need to select ''team press'' from the defensive tactic menu (every single time you lose the ball if you're behind) so the AI does the job for you. If your opponent is better than your AI and can beat the press, it's an easy through ball and goal. If you don't team press, your opponent can build up as slowly as he likes and your defence will eventually retreat to inside your own box, regardless of your depth and defensive settings. You need to spam offside traps to maintain anything like a normal defensive line.

2. Skill moves are far more prevalent than they ever have been. There's rarely a goal scored in Division 1 that doesn't involve La Croqueta or the Elastico. It might as well be Volta. It's so easy to defend pass and move that nobody even tries passing the ball. The best way to score is getting the ball into your striker and chaining skill moves until your 30th attempt bundles through.

There's so much potential with this game (again), but the meta is so so so boring.

Offline gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2020, 08:39:01 pm »
Have they seriously put a limit on the number of friendlies you can play per week, to go along with Rivsls? :lmao
AHA!

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2020, 11:57:15 pm »
Have they seriously put a limit on the number of friendlies you can play per week, to go along with Rivsls? :lmao

I noticed that today, I think its because they made the reward so "good" - a rare mega pack I think.

It made the gameplay too sweaty for me. Was coming up against teams with fucking Ben Yedder and Martial as CDMs just so wankers could spam pace. Played five games and I'd say I was the better player in them all but 4 I lost due to them having 90+ pace strikers run onto through balls ad nauseum. Had to turn it off.

Offline JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2020, 12:04:06 am »
I noticed that today, I think its because they made the reward so "good" - a rare mega pack I think.

It made the gameplay too sweaty for me. Was coming up against teams with fucking Ben Yedder and Martial as CDMs just so wankers could spam pace. Played five games and I'd say I was the better player in them all but 4 I lost due to them having 90+ pace strikers run onto through balls ad nauseum. Had to turn it off.
Friendlies mean everyone has Mbappe and usually an icon too, at least on the bench. I managed to win 6 from 6 without playing a full game cos everyone kept quitting at 1 or 2 goals down, but the game limit was surprising. I wonder if they'll impose a similar limit when the Icon swaps objectives drop.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2020, 01:37:12 am »
Friendlies mean everyone has Mbappe and usually an icon too, at least on the bench. I managed to win 6 from 6 without playing a full game cos everyone kept quitting at 1 or 2 goals down, but the game limit was surprising. I wonder if they'll impose a similar limit when the Icon swaps objectives drop.

I must admit I play with Mbappe up top with Cantona and Del Piero as AMs so I can then link it to my usual team behind.

I went 1-5 in my first six games yesterday and got a bit mad. Got very lucky today though and went 5-1 and got my rewards. Best player was Leroy Sane so not best pleased but better than nothing.

Sick of every opponent just spamming through balls to pacey strikers (yes I have Mbappe in friendlies but I play a slower build up) and if they game limit Icons I'm not gonna bother.

Online Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: November 19, 2020, 09:20:21 am »
How does one even get Mbappe, Messi et.al. in one's team? I'm probably playing this the wrong way  ;D
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #96 on: November 19, 2020, 09:39:36 am »
If you complete objectives, you’ll have a loan Mbappe.

As for getting him for good, get really lucky in a pack, trade a stupid amount for coins or do what every other dickhead seems to do and just buy points.
AHA!

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #97 on: November 19, 2020, 12:35:48 pm »
How does one even get Mbappe, Messi et.al. in one's team? I'm probably playing this the wrong way  ;D
[/quote
Loan Mbappe and loan icons.i save them for friendlies. I will never ever buy FIFA points, fucking hate that I'm addicted to it as it is!

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #98 on: December 3, 2020, 01:07:05 am »
The next gen upgrade is available to download on PS5 now. Not sure what the situation is with Xbox.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #99 on: December 3, 2020, 02:02:52 am »
I've got it downloading. It's about 50gb so worth setting away overnight if you don't have super fast broadband.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: December 3, 2020, 08:54:35 am »
Just downloading now. Early impressions sound good

Offline gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #101 on: December 3, 2020, 09:07:50 am »
The new camera angle’s great.
AHA!

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: December 3, 2020, 10:28:54 am »
Saw this thread had a bump so took a look at mine - I already had the main game downloaded on Series X with the small update for Series X that appears as a separate entry in 'My Games and Apps' - this being like 30mb or something in size. (Update - this is now 50gb or so, so I'm assuming it's auto downloaded at some point).

I've logged on to go and get the download and Fifa 21 has launched straight from that small file into a game with PSG where there's a little girl talking over an opening sequence, then a new camera angle/seemingly improved crowd and lighting etc. Looks decent - is this the full enhanced update or do you need to manually apply it somewhere?

These are also appearing as if they're two separate games on the achievements list - I'm thinking I can delete the Xbox One Version from the hardrive to free up space, or does this still constitute the main portion of the game for the Series X's purposes?
« Last Edit: December 3, 2020, 10:52:12 am by Drinks Sangria »
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #103 on: December 3, 2020, 11:24:53 am »
Nah, they’re separate games, so the others not needed.

But if you want to play anyone on the Xbox One version, then it will be needed as there’s no cross-play.
AHA!

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: December 3, 2020, 03:08:56 pm »
Nah, they’re separate games, so the others not needed.

But if you want to play anyone on the Xbox One version, then it will be needed as there’s no cross-play.
Thanks for clearing that up. I'll delete - I'd rather play the enhanced version and I don't play online with it anyway these days.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: December 3, 2020, 04:24:17 pm »
Can’t polish a turd unfortunately.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: December 3, 2020, 04:27:48 pm »
It's just aimed too much at kids that want to bash the shit out of the skill buttons rather than actually trying to resemble real football. It peaked around 12-14, just before Ultimate Team took over.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: December 3, 2020, 04:44:05 pm »
Klopps hugs are in game

http://bleacherreport.com/post/liverpool/d755ddae-c717-4254-93a7-5e0759fa7a29

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: December 3, 2020, 05:01:58 pm »
It looks nice but I don't think it was ready to be released honestly. It got put back to December the 4th but there are a few sound issues around last minute goal celebrations and noticeable slowdown when you sometimes release a pass. Some nice touches they've added with the camera and haptics and the graphics are improved but it feels like it wasn't ready..maybe a patch incoming soon

Offline JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #109 on: December 3, 2020, 06:28:38 pm »
Just scored a 90th minute winner in the Kop end and the celebrations were wild. Lots of detail with the fans, players, manager etc. That side of the upgrade looks very impressive.

The LFC-heavy into looked good too, and the pre match stuff looks good, but they're not things you're really going to see. Personally I'll be skipping them every time. I'm not a fan of the new camera angle. Looks good but I found it affected my game both defensively and offensively so I've gone back to the previous one.

The gameplay feels a bit slicker to me but it's the same game with a bit of polish.

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: December 5, 2020, 03:31:04 pm »
So if I buy the PS4 version I can still stick it into the ps5 and it will just upgrade to the ps5 version without paying anything extra? I just need to keep the disc in the drive etc to play it?

Offline JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #111 on: December 5, 2020, 03:43:06 pm »
So if I buy the PS4 version I can still stick it into the ps5 and it will just upgrade to the ps5 version without paying anything extra? I just need to keep the disc in the drive etc to play it?
Yep. You can also have both the PS4 and PS5 versions installed if you like. Say for instance I wanted to play co-op or verses my brother who only has a PS4, I could launch the PS4 version for that.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: December 6, 2020, 09:07:02 am »
Just scored a 90th minute winner in the Kop end and the celebrations were wild. Lots of detail with the fans, players, manager etc. That side of the upgrade looks very impressive.

The LFC-heavy into looked good too, and the pre match stuff looks good, but they're not things you're really going to see. Personally I'll be skipping them every time. I'm not a fan of the new camera angle. Looks good but I found it affected my game both defensively and offensively so I've gone back to the previous one.

The gameplay feels a bit slicker to me but it's the same game with a bit of polish.

So you're saying that you can polish a turd?

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #113 on: December 6, 2020, 07:58:23 pm »
Found it a lot more difficult online this weekend and was wondering why. My guess now is that without cross play, I'm coming up against all the mummy's credit card mega teams whos parents have bought consoles for their brat kits.

How annoying.

Offline JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #114 on: December 6, 2020, 08:19:10 pm »
Found it a lot more difficult online this weekend and was wondering why. My guess now is that without cross play, I'm coming up against all the mummy's credit card mega teams whos parents have bought consoles for their brat kits.

How annoying.
Aren't they the worst players tho usually? Whenever I see a team better than mine, they're usually not very good. It's when someone's running rings around you with Danny Wellbeck that you know you're in trouble.

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: December 9, 2020, 12:19:53 am »
I just got the ps5 today so had a game on fifa. Thought the reistance in the back left trigger was making defending hard
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: December 9, 2020, 06:46:18 am »
I just got the ps5 today so had a game on fifa. Thought the reistance in the back left trigger was making defending hard

Yeah it's not well implemented. I like the haptics but the triggers on this game don't work. You can turn it off in the accessibility options on the main ps5 settings.

Online Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: December 11, 2020, 11:49:53 am »
Would people recommend this years FIFA?

The last one I played was 19 on PS4, am tempted to get this for the ps5. I mostly play career mode and fancy getting stuck into a few games over Christmas! One plus is I can safely play this around the kids. Valhalla etc have to wait until after bedtime.
"We come here for the winning!"

Online Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #118 on: December 11, 2020, 12:01:01 pm »
Would people recommend this years FIFA?

The last one I played was 19 on PS4, am tempted to get this for the ps5. I mostly play career mode and fancy getting stuck into a few games over Christmas! One plus is I can safely play this around the kids. Valhalla etc have to wait until after bedtime.
Nah. If you're just looking to play a bit of career mode, I'd recommend you save your money and try a month's EA Play subscription instead. That'll give you access to FIFA 20 plus other age appropriate games which could be of interest.

Online Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: December 11, 2020, 02:39:25 pm »
Nah. If you're just looking to play a bit of career mode, I'd recommend you save your money and try a month's EA Play subscription instead. That'll give you access to FIFA 20 plus other age appropriate games which could be of interest.

Cheers. Will have a look at EA play and see if it might be worth a try.
"We come here for the winning!"