Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3455018 times)

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #63160 on: October 18, 2021, 11:57:26 am »
Interesting story on Twitter from the FT and and their guy whose been doing a lot of the Covid reporting trying to explain why we’re doing so much worse then the rest of Europe, interesting theory is that because we started vaccination before most of Europe were seeing waning immunity from the vaccines before Europe the way Israel did a few months ago who were a few months ahead of us in vaccinations, made worse by the fact we were slow vaccinating kids, the AZ vaccines seems to start waning earlier then Pfizer and we’re not doing great with boosters either.

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1449801652207239176?s=21

Also, we have lifted every restriction.

Mask wearing should still be a thing plus better controls over events.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #63161 on: October 18, 2021, 01:30:33 pm »

As the Twitter thread points out, Scotland still requires mask wearing much more then England but the cases numbers are no better in Scotland.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63162 on: October 18, 2021, 01:36:16 pm »
As the Twitter thread points out, Scotland still requires mask wearing much more then England but the cases numbers are no better in Scotland.

There's not a huge difference but over last month or so been trending down in Scotland compared to up/flat everywhere else.

Not tha tI am saying that is down to masks, there does seem to just be a cyclical nature and each of the 4 nations aren't always at the same point.

Check the "Weekly Case and Death Rates by Nation" graph over last 3 months.
https://www.travellingtabby.com/uk-coronavirus-tracker/

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63163 on: October 18, 2021, 02:18:25 pm »

Is that down to infected English taking it up there though? I had a run to near Edinburgh a few weeks ago and when I stopped for a break at Gretna Services, it was packed with English travellers and they were walking around maskless without giving a shit. The hand hygiene in the mens bogs was vile too.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #63164 on: October 18, 2021, 02:21:08 pm »

It almost feels back to normal now. In my experience over the last few weeks, mask wearing in shops is about 30%. I caught a train for the 1st time since Feb 20 and was expecting to see lots of masks, I'd say 10% based on my carriage, max. Went into a pub to order and there were people queuing at the bar and pub was full, we bought ale and sat outside which was also full.
Week earlier, we were at an event in a bar which again was pretty full with people standing in groups.
Sat outside a pub Sat evening, then went in when it got cooler and it was pretty full, stayed for a couple more but left when it got even busier.

To me, and picking up on your point, is if that's what is now going on, then we are doing better than expected. My guess is that fewer and fewer are actually getting tested and that the actual infection rates are higher, but the vaccines are doing their job. For now.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63165 on: October 18, 2021, 02:30:38 pm »
It almost feels back to normal now. In my experience over the last few weeks, mask wearing in shops is about 30%. I caught a train for the 1st time since Feb 20 and was expecting to see lots of masks, I'd say 10% based on my carriage, max. Went into a pub to order and there were people queuing at the bar and pub was full, we bought ale and sat outside which was also full.
Week earlier, we were at an event in a bar which again was pretty full with people standing in groups.
Sat outside a pub Sat evening, then went in when it got cooler and it was pretty full, stayed for a couple more but left when it got even busier.

To me, and picking up on your point, is if that's what is now going on, then we are doing better than expected. My guess is that fewer and fewer are actually getting tested and that the actual infection rates are higher, but the vaccines are doing their job. For now.

Mask wearing has died a death in England in particular and in most areas apparently. I can't believe that there is any area left in England now where mask wearing is high, as I know some people got offended at the thought of that being labelled at their areas.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63166 on: October 18, 2021, 02:34:06 pm »
My 13 yr old is still not feeling right and seems a bit depressed too. He's got mates at school who feel the same, is feeling down a side effect of covid?

worth speaking to a GP if he's feeling depressed - his mates too. not only has it been a glum 2 years, but I can imagine those with residual lethargy or longer effects of Covid will feel downbeat too. hope he feels better and it's just a case of his age and circumstances.
YNWA.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63167 on: October 18, 2021, 02:53:25 pm »
worth speaking to a GP if he's feeling depressed - his mates too. not only has it been a glum 2 years, but I can imagine those with residual lethargy or longer effects of Covid will feel downbeat too. hope he feels better and it's just a case of his age and circumstances.

We're off to Cyprus on Wednesday, if he still feels bad when we get back, I'm going to take him in.

Went to see Venom with the lad yesterday, nearest Odeon is the Trafford Centre - fuck me, it was rammed to the rafters and masks were non existent, no wonder Trafford has the worst rates in GM now.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #63168 on: October 18, 2021, 03:10:04 pm »
Mask wearing has died a death in England in particular and in most areas apparently. I can't believe that there is any area left in England now where mask wearing is high, as I know some people got offended at the thought of that being labelled at their areas.
It's creeping through to Wales too (still a requirement to wear a mask inside accept for hospitality, a month or so ago pretty much everyone was wearing a mask in Sainsbury's and our local NISA.  Nowadays, I see loads of people not wearing them when I go to a shop and cases are on the rise still in Wales.  They aren't even bothering to wear the sunflower lanyard anymore either!

It's not just the shoppers, it's most of the workers too!

I've not been on a train for a while but I suspect it's the same on there.
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #63169 on: October 18, 2021, 03:11:36 pm »
There's not a huge difference but over last month or so been trending down in Scotland compared to up/flat everywhere else.

Not tha tI am saying that is down to masks, there does seem to just be a cyclical nature and each of the 4 nations aren't always at the same point.

Check the "Weekly Case and Death Rates by Nation" graph over last 3 months.
https://www.travellingtabby.com/uk-coronavirus-tracker/
That's a great link that, all the data you need in one place by the looks
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63170 on: October 18, 2021, 04:16:17 pm »
Will be interesting to see if any restrictions come in for uk travellers flying abroad and capacity crowds in the next month or so

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #63171 on: October 18, 2021, 04:38:42 pm »
6000 cases per 100,000 in schools in my LEA.

No need to vaccinate, because at that rate they’ll all have bloody had it by Christmas.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63172 on: October 18, 2021, 04:47:37 pm »
6000 cases per 100,000 in schools in my LEA.

No need to vaccinate, because at that rate they’ll all have bloody had it by Christmas.

One thing everyone who won't wear masks is missing is there is about 13 million kids under 16 in this country, so its fair to guess about 9 million are in school and they are not yet vaccinated - this is why I feel they were wrong to pull back on masks so early.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63173 on: October 18, 2021, 05:24:55 pm »
That's a great link that, all the data you need in one place by the looks

Yeah it's the best of all the sites I have come across. It's run by a Scottish guy so there is a separate Scottish page but the UK one is good for comparing the trends across the 4 home nations.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63174 on: October 18, 2021, 05:44:09 pm »
49156 new cases and 45 deaths reported today

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #63175 on: October 18, 2021, 05:50:09 pm »

I said the other day we'll be looking at 50,000+ next week. Probably starting tomorrow.

Half term might calm it, as the schools are driving a lot of the infections, but one week isn't going to do anything ultimately.

Got to hope it's not another exponential rise after it had settled at 30 something thousand for months.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63176 on: October 18, 2021, 05:54:27 pm »

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63177 on: October 18, 2021, 06:02:04 pm »

How many are school kids and uni students?

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63178 on: October 18, 2021, 06:13:49 pm »
How many are school kids and uni students?

I'd guess the majority are school and other students.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #63179 on: October 18, 2021, 06:40:01 pm »
Interesting article on the effects of vaccination on admissions and death.

https://www.bmj.com/content/374/bmj.n2306

But the article makes it clear that certain groups, despite double vaccination, are at an elevated risk of death or serious illness.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63180 on: October 18, 2021, 07:09:01 pm »
How long until countries start putting on their Red lists?
Thinking is overrated.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63181 on: October 18, 2021, 07:15:48 pm »

We're already on Cyprus's Red List - me and the missus and the 11 yr old are OK to travel, due to age and double vaccinations, 13 yr old had a PCR yesterday and has to have another on landing on Wednesday.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63182 on: October 18, 2021, 07:50:19 pm »
Just anti-vaxxers being c*nts again. What a shocker.

https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2021/10/18/news/nichola-mallon-speaks-out-after-staff-left-feeling-intimidated--2481174/

What gets me is that they are being called "anti-lockdown" protestors, when lockdowns stopped being lockdowns about 6 months ago.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63183 on: October 18, 2021, 07:57:24 pm »
Just anti-vaxxers being c*nts again. What a shocker.

https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2021/10/18/news/nichola-mallon-speaks-out-after-staff-left-feeling-intimidated--2481174/

What gets me is that they are being called "anti-lockdown" protestors, when lockdowns stopped being lockdowns about 6 months ago.

I’d guess they may still gather in London every Saturday although haven’t seen much of it on the news.  They’re basically free to go around intimidating and/or threatening people.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #63184 on: October 18, 2021, 08:30:18 pm »

Think we will be banned from travelling to most of Europe in next couple of weeks.

Numbers are insane and majority of country are to ignorant to care.

I genuinely don’t know the way out as numbers can’t continue to be as high as they are.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 08:33:18 pm by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63185 on: October 18, 2021, 09:43:32 pm »
Think we will be banned from travelling to most of Europe in next couple of weeks.

Numbers are insane and majority of country are to ignorant to care.

I genuinely don’t know the way out as numbers can’t continue to be as high as they are.

Might be the only way to open peoples eyes sadly.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63186 on: October 18, 2021, 10:04:32 pm »
As I live near Heathrow airport there’s loads around here, and a lot of the airlines have deals with the testing companies like Randox when you book to get a discount too.

If anyone is looking to use Randox, 3 seconds on google will give you those airline codes - think this is expected though as the discounted price is actually the cost listed on the Government website.

Though just watch out if you are getting a postal test - the Randox ones have to be returned via their own drop off boxes, not sent with Royal Mail.
My partner booked our tests without checking this, had to take an hour round trip just to drop it off at a service station!

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63187 on: October 18, 2021, 10:34:35 pm »
If anyone is looking to use Randox, 3 seconds on google will give you those airline codes - think this is expected though as the discounted price is actually the cost listed on the Government website.

Though just watch out if you are getting a postal test - the Randox ones have to be returned via their own drop off boxes, not sent with Royal Mail.
My partner booked our tests without checking this, had to take an hour round trip just to drop it off at a service station!

Well assuming countries don’t stop us traveling because of our case numbers I’ll certainly go have the tests done in person as it’s only 10 minutes away.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63188 on: October 18, 2021, 10:55:14 pm »
Our case numbers are higher than USA and India combined, madness. Wonder if a lockdown will come soon, even a partial one.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #63189 on: October 18, 2021, 10:57:43 pm »
Our case numbers are higher than USA and India combined, madness. Wonder if a lockdown will come soon, even a partial one.
Doubt it.

The cases are concentrated in school kids at the moment, I’d imagine that with rates as high as they are and vaccination taking place, they should drop off a fair bit after a half term fire break.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #63190 on: October 19, 2021, 09:46:53 am »

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #63191 on: October 19, 2021, 10:20:27 am »

They said no more lockdowns but the cases are really high.

People are back in offices, no masks on public transport / shops and then issues with mass events.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63192 on: October 19, 2021, 10:21:52 am »
Global leaders in new case numbers although on this occasion I’d guess Johnson’s government will not be trumpeting its favoured phrase of ‘world beating’.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-sky-news-blog-latest-uk-coronavirus-daily-cases-rise-12431158

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #63193 on: October 19, 2021, 10:30:15 am »
Global leaders in new case numbers although on this occasion I’d guess Johnson’s government will not be trumpeting its favoured phrase of ‘world beating’.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-sky-news-blog-latest-uk-coronavirus-daily-cases-rise-12431158

The only plus is the deaths are low

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63194 on: October 19, 2021, 10:34:43 am »

The headline is hyperbole though, as, unlike the previous wave, nearly 80% of the population (12+) are now double vaccinated.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63195 on: October 19, 2021, 10:35:27 am »
They said no more lockdowns but the cases are really high.

People are back in offices, no masks on public transport / shops and then issues with mass events.

it was always no more 'lockdowns' but they never ruled out needing to use restrictions in winter etc. But some of those 'restrictions' should've just been basic mitigation (mask-wearing indoors etc).

I'm still doubtful they'll do anything, or if they do it'll be very late, but in theory cutting down on mass events, asking people to work from home and asking people to mask-up whilst explaining very clearly why it's now necessary would be the sensible option if it comes down to it, but I doubt.

The government's PR has done well in making sure a fair chunk of people have stopped caring too much at all.
YNWA.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #63196 on: October 19, 2021, 10:49:40 am »
it was always no more 'lockdowns' but they never ruled out needing to use restrictions in winter etc. But some of those 'restrictions' should've just been basic mitigation (mask-wearing indoors etc).

I'm still doubtful they'll do anything, or if they do it'll be very late, but in theory cutting down on mass events, asking people to work from home and asking people to mask-up whilst explaining very clearly why it's now necessary would be the sensible option if it comes down to it, but I doubt.

The government's PR has done well in making sure a fair chunk of people have stopped caring too much at all.

Its mixed messaging so they can blame the public.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #63197 on: October 19, 2021, 12:09:11 pm »
Europe particularly in the east has had a huge surge of cases this week
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63198 on: October 19, 2021, 12:20:51 pm »
Deaths are slowly declining, which is great.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #63199 on: October 19, 2021, 12:24:05 pm »
Deaths are slowly declining, which is great.

They were in early October but have been on a slow upturn since then, reflecting the lagged case increases no doubt