Author Topic: Porto (A) - Wednesday 17th April  (Read 66164 times)

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
Re: Porto (A) - Wednesday 17th April
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2019, 01:41:41 pm »
Yeah my flights to Barcelona were £25 return which sounded ridiculous, so I just booked it. I paid £100 to go to Newcastle last season  ;D

Sorting Porto in a bit. Just want to be out there. Don't have any work commitments at the moment so will just get out there however I can for as cheap as possible.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline dobbie832

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2019, 03:43:42 pm »
Did many go out to Porto without a ticket last year?

The dates work for me so I'm thinking of heading over, just wondering will there be lots of reds watching it in bars there? (Or is it more likely there'll be spares around when over there?)

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2019, 05:27:18 pm »
Will Portugal be 1 or 2 hours ahead by 17 April, anyone ? (or is it the same time even ?) Just working out timings on day of game.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2019, 05:37:27 pm »
Will Portugal be 1 or 2 hours ahead by 17 April, anyone ? (or is it the same time even ?) Just working out timings on day of game.
I might be wr9ng but i seem to remember Portugal is same time

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2019, 05:42:30 pm »
I might be wr9ng but i seem to remember Portugal is same time
Yeah, thanks mate you could be right there. So, does that mean kick-off will be 20.00 local time - think that's right ?

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2019, 05:46:48 pm »
Yeah, thanks mate you could be right there. So, does that mean kick-off will be 20.00 local time - think that's right ?

Yeah mate it's the same time, so 20:00

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2019, 06:11:11 pm »
Yeah mate it's the same time, so 20:00
Cheers - looking at flights arriving on the day, so wanted to be sure......many thanks, both.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2019, 07:08:11 pm »
Apparently the block we were in last year is 85 euros so increase in price again ffs

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2019, 07:34:20 pm »
Think I've made a boo here forgetting it was Easter.

Booked my flight out now can't work out what to do next. Want a holiday, but appears everywhere nearby (like Malaga) is rammed for Easter.

Was hoping to do some days somewhere else, but hotels (what's left) are sky high.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2019, 10:59:44 am »
I'm in Spain with the in-laws on holiday for this and we've decided to hop on a plan over to Porto for the game.

What will the chances be of landing a spare ticket on the day be? Three of us travelling but will only be me who doesn't have a ticket.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2019, 11:16:57 am »
Yeah my flights to Barcelona were £25 return which sounded ridiculous, so I just booked it. I paid £100 to go to Newcastle last season  ;D

Sorting Porto in a bit. Just want to be out there. Don't have any work commitments at the moment so will just get out there however I can for as cheap as possible.

Noticed a couple flight options have gone down in price from London mate using Momondo etc. All have a stopover but if you've got the time, why not!
YNWA.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2019, 11:18:26 am »
Think I've made a boo here forgetting it was Easter.

Booked my flight out now can't work out what to do next. Want a holiday, but appears everywhere nearby (like Malaga) is rammed for Easter.

Was hoping to do some days somewhere else, but hotels (what's left) are sky high.

I've spent a lot of time looking at various stopover routes and it seems Madrid tends to be the cheapest overall. Could perhaps just go to Lisbon or somewhere quieter in Portugal? Wherever you go, I reckon it'll be pricey sadly.
YNWA.

Offline JohnRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2019, 12:53:23 pm »
Did many go out to Porto without a ticket last year?

The dates work for me so I'm thinking of heading over, just wondering will there be lots of reds watching it in bars there? (Or is it more likely there'll be spares around when over there?)

Bars and people outside the stadium where selling home end tickets for face value

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2019, 01:18:01 pm »
This trip isnt going to happen for us as the prices are just ridiculous  :butt

Booked Barca flights though for Mon-Thurs. £30, couldnt resist. Tenner on United to go through at 3/1 and money back  8)

Providing we do the business of course!!

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2019, 02:09:18 pm »

Booked Barca flights though for Mon-Thurs. £30, couldnt resist. Tenner on United to go through at 3/1 and money back  8)

You will only lose out if its a Barca v Porto semi though.

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2019, 02:34:40 pm »

I went the other way and bet on Porto knocking us out at 3/1 to cover Barca flights.

If we get through and get the Mancs, I've saved on a Euro away anyway.
Long live the King

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2019, 03:03:57 pm »
Getting a bit ahead here but asking for work reasons, do we know which day the 2nd leg of a potential semi would be yet?

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2019, 05:00:12 pm »
Getting a bit ahead here but asking for work reasons, do we know which day the 2nd leg of a potential semi would be yet?

Going by the fact Man City go through also and we play Barca.  It will be the Wednesday. As city play Sunday before the first leg

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2019, 05:15:02 pm »
Going by the fact Man City go through also and we play Barca.  It will be the Wednesday. As city play Sunday before the first leg

When they were published it stated:
*May move to 27 April because of UEFA Champions League participation the Tuesday after

There is no way you can definitely say it will be the Wednesday. UEFA may take that into account, but the CL game will take priority when scheduling and the PL game moved.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2019, 07:40:24 pm »
I'm confused.

Should we get through and play Barca, is the date 100% fixed?

I had read should LFC, United and City get through, we would have our fixtures reversed, but not sure what that means?

Offline Los back. Thanks.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2019, 07:55:25 pm »
Prices a joke already, already done it last season and it's a mediocre city and ground. Gonna give this one a miss

What?!? I’m thinking about moving to Porto from Los Angeles. Will be visiting during our second leg, hoping to get in the ground to see the match. Disappointing to hear you don’t like it, dying to get out of LA :(

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2019, 08:02:03 pm »
Can some one guide me in the best way to get a ticket for the match? Will be there on other business with a friend from Madrid, hoping to get both of us into the ground. Any suggestions highly appreciated! Never been to to European game, and have always sorted my Anfield ticket through RAWK

Do I go through the Porto website? Liverpool website?

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2019, 08:11:39 pm »
I'm confused.

Should we get through and play Barca, is the date 100% fixed?

I had read should LFC, United and City get through, we would have our fixtures reversed, but not sure what that means?

Or if we do get Barca, does it just mean that the particular date for the first leg away is as yet unknown (30th April, 1st May). ?

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2019, 08:21:55 pm »
If we get through and play United we will be at home first leg. If Barca get through will we be home second. Either way whether it's the Tues/Weds will be decided after the quarters.

Offline Philipm20

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2019, 08:23:16 pm »
Or if we do get Barca, does it just mean that the particular date for the first leg away is as yet unknown (30th April, 1st May). ?

If us, Utd and City all get through we would play Utd away the second leg as its gets reversed because City and Utd cannot both be at home on the same night or the night  after.  As Utd finished lower than City its them who get changed.  If Barca go through it is unknown if its the Tuesday or Wednesday yet.

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2019, 08:28:39 pm »
Can some one guide me in the best way to get a ticket for the match? Will be there on other business with a friend from Madrid, hoping to get both of us into the ground. Any suggestions highly appreciated! Never been to to European game, and have always sorted my Anfield ticket through RAWK

Liverpool website 😂😂😂 👋
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2019, 08:34:58 pm »
Thanks. Will wait then to see - should be easier as Barca is a big place.

I think there will be plenty of spares - a fixture we've already had last year, in a stadium that's not one of the bigger/historic ones, pricey flights, close to UK bank holidays, accommodation not cheap (easter week), a fixture we 'should win', so soon after Munich, and so close before a potential trip to Barca. I think there will be a few spares myself.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2019, 11:10:12 pm »
Liverpool website [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] [emoji112]

Well I have no idea, maybe tickets get allocated to the visiting club and they distribute them. Like I said, I’ve only gotten tickets through the forum.

I went on Porto site and selected 2 tickets and then when it’s time to select area, I can’t click anything. Does that mean it’s already completely sold out? I really don’t want to pay over 100 from a 3rd party distributor.

Sorry for my ignorance

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2019, 11:50:47 pm »
Well I have no idea, maybe tickets get allocated to the visiting club and they distribute them. Like I said, I’ve only gotten tickets through the forum.

I went on Porto site and selected 2 tickets and then when it’s time to select area, I can’t click anything. Does that mean it’s already completely sold out? I really don’t want to pay over 100 from a 3rd party distributor.

Sorry for my ignorance

You’ve got no chance from Liverpool as they’ll be sold to European away regulars

I’d be surprised if Porto home sales went on general sale

There won’t be a. Exchange on RAWK as there isn’t ever one for European away matches

Your only chance is in and around the city on match day in my opinion

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2019, 12:00:19 am »

Sorry for my ignorance

no worries amigo, but 10 seconds research gave me..

their stadium holds 50.000; average attendance 44-45000 (probably quite a few season tickets who skips a few games but come to this)
away teams in europe normally gets 2500-3500 tickets and you have had to attend loads of previous games to attend
they're jacking up the prices and charging 75 for liverpool tickets..

So basically its supply and demand; super bowl/stanley cup..

So either know someone, pay up (and most likely being ripped off one way or another) or go to porto; have a good time and if you should strike lucky; consider that a bonus..
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2019, 06:11:06 am »
Appreciate it guys. Yea looks like I'm stuck with 100usd ticket online, not that bad, or try my luck in Porto.

Offline Mr.Savage

• Anny Roader
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2019, 07:06:43 am »
Appreciate it guys. Yea looks like I'm stuck with 100usd ticket online, not that bad, or try my luck in Porto.

TBF mate, it was €75 a ticket last years so I’m guessing $100 isn’t far off face value

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2019, 08:42:54 am »
I think there will be plenty of spares - a fixture we've already had last year, in a stadium that's not one of the bigger/historic ones, pricey flights, close to UK bank holidays, accommodation not cheap (easter week), a fixture we 'should win', so soon after Munich, and so close before a potential trip to Barca. I think there will be a few spares myself.

Yeah, should be pretty easy to find a spare for this one.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2019, 09:10:17 am »

We will probably have to pay €85 face value for the tickets..

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2019, 09:32:31 am »

Not being funny but there are lads who go all over the country and Europe who couldn't get a ticket for this fixture last year so don't think you have much hope and rightly so (for our end).

There were some home end tickets being sold in the bars around the ground before the game last season.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 09:35:48 am by CONFIAMOS »

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This time one year, we'll be the Champions again
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2019, 10:21:46 am »
Struck gold with this one !!  Kids school holidays so 5 nights in the sun and then leave the wife by the pool for a few days and nip up to Porto halfway through the week.

4 of us for a week for less than Munich cost for 2 days.  Bring on the sun cream  :wave
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2019, 10:42:19 am »
Struck gold with this one !!  Kids school holidays so 5 nights in the sun and then leave the wife by the pool for a few days and nip up to Porto halfway through the week.

4 of us for a week for less than Munich cost for 2 days.  Bring on the sun cream  :wave

Just curious on where about's mate (roughly) looking at doing a weeks break in the Sun with the misses.

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2019, 10:57:32 am »
These are the prices on Porto have released on their site:

General public
East Tribune: 150 euros
Central West/East Stand: 100 euros
Side West/East Stand: 85 euros
Grandstand West/East: 60 euros
Superior Super Bock/ Coca-Cola: 60 euros

Correct me if i'm wrong but last season I think we were given Grandstand east? Which would mean 60 euros (£51)

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2019, 11:01:55 am »
These are the prices on Porto have released on their site:

General public

Correct me if i'm wrong but last season I think we were given Grandstand east? Which would mean 60 euros (£51)

I thought side stand initially so €85

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2019, 11:07:45 am »
Oh and just so you can all see what complete c*nts they are for charging us whatever they do - here's the prices for members V general public. And you can bet your bottom dollar the majority of their crowd are members. So nearly 2 thirds less in cost of a ticket.

General Public

Members with Annual Seat
[Annual Seat reserved until April 5, 2019]
East Tribune: 40 euros
Central West/East Stand: 30 euros
Side West/East Stand: 25 euros
Grandstand West/East: 20 euros
Superior Super Bock/ Coca-Cola: 18 euros

Members
East Tribune: 50 euros
Central West/East Stand: 35 euros
Side West/East Stand: 30 euros
Grandstand West/East: 25 euros
Superior Super Bock/ Coca-Cola: 20 euros

Over to you LFC see if the people representing us have found a backbone?