Author Topic: God Of War (reboot)  (Read 24803 times)

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
Re: God Of War (reboot)
« Reply #160 on: January 5, 2020, 12:13:02 am »
Wow. "Give me a challenge" mode (HARD) is so so tough but I refuse to drop it a level.

Read lots of reviews and most people seem to say persevere with it as the "Give me as balanced experience" mode (NORMAL) makes the game far too easy once you level up skills, weapons and stuff.

I am not even considering the "Give me God of War" mode (BRUTAL).  Thankfully you don't need it for Platinum Trophy :)
I can’t actually remember what difficulty I played on, but I usually go with normal so t was probably that.

Aside from the occasional issue it wasn’t overly hard. You do get kind of overpowered if you’re a completionist and hunt around for everything.

What I would say is that the Valkyrie’s might be too hard on the higher difficulties. On normal they were incredibly hard, but in a really fun way.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: January 7, 2020, 02:58:53 pm »
Loving this now, even on HARD level.  Playing the combat like a Souls or Bloodborne game.  Keep moving and dodging always.  Plan each fight and tweak tactics accordingly each time I die.

Really enjoying the exploration and side quests.  Mixing them with the main story-line as I go along and collecting lots of goodies.

Great game.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #162 on: January 8, 2020, 02:04:31 pm »
Think I did the game on Give me a Challenge and it was tough.

Might have put it down a level for the Valkyries cos they were impossible. Can't remember though.

I've seen videos of people completing this game on Give me God of War with Level 1 gear throughout. Crackers.

I remember seeing one video where the guy beat the Valkyrie Queen with Level 1 gear taking zero damage.  :o :o
« Last Edit: January 8, 2020, 02:06:07 pm by Red Viper or RedViper87 please? Thanks x »

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: January 29, 2020, 09:54:12 am »
Suspect I'm quite near to the end of the main story and don't want to be!!

I have been mixing up exploring, finding collectables and doing side quests with the main story-line and have really loved the balance.

Gone heavily RUNIC with my character and weapons wherever I can and love obliterating large enemies with the fully Upgraded "Frost Giant Frenzy" heavy runic attack. :)

Anyone know roughly how much I've got left, I'm up to the bit where...:

Spoiler
Just fought Baldur for the second time and went though a a massive cut scene where I battled with him on a flying Dragon.  Kratos and Artaeus have now been dumped in Helheim again
[close]

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #164 on: January 29, 2020, 11:07:01 am »
Suspect I'm quite near to the end of the main story and don't want to be!!

I have been mixing up exploring, finding collectables and doing side quests with the main story-line and have really loved the balance.

Gone heavily RUNIC with my character and weapons wherever I can and love obliterating large enemies with the fully Upgraded "Frost Giant Frenzy" heavy runic attack. :)

Anyone know roughly how much I've got left, I'm up to the bit where...:

Spoiler
Just fought Baldur for the second time and went though a a massive cut scene where I battled with him on a flying Dragon.  Kratos and Artaeus have now been dumped in Helheim again
[close]
Yeah you're not too far from the end now.

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: February 5, 2020, 02:06:42 pm »
Beat my first Valkyrie last night. Took about 50 attempts learning her attack sequences and stuff but so so satisfying when I won.

Only at level 5 but refused to give up and come back with better weapons.

Looking on game guides it was one of the harder Valkyries too.  It was Greidriful in the Foothills

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: February 13, 2020, 01:45:21 pm »
Just doing the Nilfheim Realm Tears and discovered you can stun an Ogre then ride him while he attacks his Ogre mates and any other enemies around.

Love it :)

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #167 on: February 17, 2020, 05:21:39 am »
Just doing the Nilfheim Realm Tears and discovered you can stun an Ogre then ride him while he attacks his Ogre mates and any other enemies around.

Love it :)

Yeah that's very helpful in clearing off enemies especially on the harder difficulties

They also had that in GoW 3 if I remember

"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: February 17, 2020, 03:53:33 pm »
Christ, Muselpheim and Nilfheim were a pure grind.  I'm all done there now and wont be going back.

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: February 22, 2020, 07:02:22 pm »
Finally completed 100% :)

That Valkyrie Queen is undoubtedly the hardest game Boss I've ever had to face.  Had to drop my difficulty down to 'Normal' and it still took hours.

She was harder and more frustrating than Father Gascoigne (Bloodborne) and Ornstein and Smough (Dark Souls).

Was good fun learning her attacks and stuff and getting closer every time I faced her.  My Talisman that slowed time was the deal breaker and REALLY helped.

Really enjoyed this.  Couple of weeks break now from the PS4 then on to 'Witcher 3'

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #170 on: February 25, 2020, 12:01:09 pm »
Finally completed 100% :)

That Valkyrie Queen is undoubtedly the hardest game Boss I've ever had to face.  Had to drop my difficulty down to 'Normal' and it still took hours.

She was harder and more frustrating than Father Gascoigne (Bloodborne) and Ornstein and Smough (Dark Souls).

Was good fun learning her attacks and stuff and getting closer every time I faced her.  My Talisman that slowed time was the deal breaker and REALLY helped.

Really enjoyed this.  Couple of weeks break now from the PS4 then on to 'Witcher 3'
Fought her countless times. Was so satisfying to finally beat her and get the platinum at the same time. Good effort on beating the rest on the higher difficulty by the way, I played the whole game on normal.

I think the thing I enjoyed most about that fight was, like you said, learning the attacks. The time I finally beat her I played almost flawlessly. Amazing game.

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: February 25, 2020, 05:10:21 pm »
I loved it once I had mastered dodging her 3 swoop attack then hitting her with 4 x Runic summons in succession after she landed.

The attack where she just shoots up in the air and lands on top of you was the hardest to evade at first.

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: March 19, 2020, 01:03:23 am »
For the week that’s in it i got this. Haven’t touch the PS4 in a few years so with no sport..

It’s amazing, probably better than the third game which is one of my all time favourites. One of the few games that makes me want to level up as much as possible.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #173 on: October 12, 2021, 09:15:15 pm »
Fuck it I'm bumping this.

Finished it on Sunday night/Monday morning. Absolutely captivating, beautiful, amazing story.

10/10, the perfect game.

All I have to do is find the remaining collectables (20 birds, few chests, few artifacts) and I've got my first ever platinum, but I don't think I can be arsed.

Still, wow. So glad I got a PS5. This was the second best game I've ever played. And we're getting a part 2! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_of_War_Ragnar%C3%B6k
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: October 13, 2021, 01:41:18 am »
I hate those birds

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: October 18, 2021, 03:57:20 am »
Fuck it I'm bumping this.

Finished it on Sunday night/Monday morning. Absolutely captivating, beautiful, amazing story.

10/10, the perfect game.

All I have to do is find the remaining collectables (20 birds, few chests, few artifacts) and I've got my first ever platinum, but I don't think I can be arsed.

Still, wow. So glad I got a PS5. This was the second best game I've ever played. And we're getting a part 2! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_of_War_Ragnar%C3%B6k

Word is that it's coming in the first half of 2022 so we'll see.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: October 18, 2021, 09:07:54 am »
Hat off to everyone who has finished all the valkyries regardless of difficulty. It didn’t take me long to accept my inferior gaming skills and patience!
Brilliant game, though. In my top three list of all time.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #177 on: October 18, 2021, 09:30:39 am »
Just beat my first Valkyrie on my first real attempt. Didn't have to use a resurrection stone so that's a bonus. I'll probably grind Niflheim for better armour before taking on the others.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: October 20, 2021, 04:54:04 pm »
Announced for PC, if you haven't played it now is a good time to!

Also 19.5 Million copies sold as of August 2021, that is ridiculous.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #179 on: October 20, 2021, 08:01:46 pm »
Just beat my first Valkyrie on my first real attempt. Didn't have to use a resurrection stone so that's a bonus. I'll probably grind Niflheim for better armour before taking on the others.

Yeah by the time I got the mist gear the last Valkyrie was pretty easy, I even did the queen on my second run without the need for a stone, but I was playing on regular difficulty.

Got addicted to the rune attach where you shoot a constant beam from the axe, that would take a troll or ancient down in one swoop, maybe a little overpowered...
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: October 21, 2021, 04:28:05 am »
Yeah by the time I got the mist gear the last Valkyrie was pretty easy, I even did the queen on my second run without the need for a stone, but I was playing on regular difficulty.

Got addicted to the rune attach where you shoot a constant beam from the axe, that would take a troll or ancient down in one swoop, maybe a little overpowered...
Yeah, that move is pretty good but it leaves you open to attack so I've switched to the one where he throws the axe and it just spins round and round. Works in Niflheim, you can use your fists to avoid a mob. Might switch back to the beam in one v one battles.

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: October 24, 2022, 11:05:04 am »
November 9th is approaching my friends.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: October 24, 2022, 11:32:16 am »
This is going to be a special game. Absolutely nailed on day 1 purchase.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #183 on: October 24, 2022, 12:56:05 pm »
Some of the reviews saying it does everything GOW does but better.

I CANNOT wait.

November is going to be the month of too little time, MW2, Warzone 2, GOW Ragnarok.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: October 24, 2022, 02:44:51 pm »
Pre-ordered. Taken the 10th and 11th off work.

Been a while since I did that for a game. Think Doom Eternal was the last one.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: October 25, 2022, 07:35:31 am »
Cannot wait for this either! Seen some of the final previews and they are raving about it so hopefully it delivers! Well not hopefully am sure it will deliver!  ;D

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: November 1, 2022, 01:57:48 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tQH0YK1rGVc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tQH0YK1rGVc</a>

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #187 on: November 3, 2022, 07:37:59 pm »
Reviews are very strong.

I still only have a launch PS4 though, hope it runs well on that.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: November 3, 2022, 09:39:49 pm »
Just watched DF's PS5 tech review of it. Looks to be more of the same but done to a better standard. Looks phenomenal and 4 modes to play if you have a 120hz TV is always good. I hope more and more devs bring 40fps modes to games, allowing you better quality and a higher framerate without having to sacrifice too much

Offline Skagger

• Main Stander
« Reply #189 on: November 4, 2022, 01:35:25 am »
I was really looking forward to this, after seeing a few reviews now I can't wait. Be careful people, there's spoilers floating around already, it's going to be a long 5 days.
Henderson has been very good in patches and if he had the confidence of Shelvey he would be some player.
Shame how it ended, hell of a ride though.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: November 4, 2022, 03:38:07 am »
Just watched DF's PS5 tech review of it. Looks to be more of the same but done to a better standard. Looks phenomenal and 4 modes to play if you have a 120hz TV is always good. I hope more and more devs bring 40fps modes to games, allowing you better quality and a higher framerate without having to sacrifice too much

I don't know if this game is something you'd NEED to play 120 FPS so the 4k 40 FPS is probably the sweet spot.

If you do all the side quests and collectibles and stuff it's a 40-hour game apparently. Can't wait.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: November 4, 2022, 04:53:01 am »
Reviews are very strong.

I still only have a launch PS4 though, hope it runs well on that.
I have a Slim that I haven't touched for over a year since I got my PC. I was hoping to wait for this on PC but it's apparently still a gorgeous game on PS4 (it's more of a PS4 game being upscaled to better resolution, framerate, and smaller visual tweaks on the PS5). I'm still waiting for the DF proper PS4-PS5 comparison but I think I'll just get it on the PS4 for now.
« Last Edit: November 4, 2022, 04:54:57 am by Malaysian Kopite »
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #192 on: November 6, 2022, 04:33:18 am »
They have knocked it out of the park, looking at multiple reviews.
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: November 6, 2022, 06:18:09 am »
Had a couple things spoiled thanks to YouTube recommending GOWR videos and assholes who have plot points in the video names

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: November 6, 2022, 09:00:30 am »
Had a couple things spoiled thanks to YouTube recommending GOWR videos and assholes who have plot points in the video names
Thanks for the heads-up.

first world problems and all, but that's the ultimate shithousery. What do these losers gain from doing this? And hidden in a video title as well..that's more than a post on a forum and it tells me that these sad people are on a mission to spoil it for others. It's just so pathetic.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: November 6, 2022, 09:09:12 am »
Thanks for the heads-up.

first world problems and all, but that's the ultimate shithousery. What do these losers gain from doing this? And hidden in a video title as well..that's more than a post on a forum and it tells me that these sad people are on a mission to spoil it for others. It's just so pathetic.

30 seconds of people talking about there shitty existence that they'd never usually get.

Like that Snitch guy who leaks the Youtube announcements before they air obviously a YT employee, just shit people really.

Offline Skagger

• Main Stander
« Reply #196 on: November 6, 2022, 11:44:50 am »

No YT for me until Wednesday then, I've been worried that might happen after watching a few video reviews, sorry it happened to you lad, hope they weren't too major.

I've had one boss battle spoiled too, I feel your pain
Henderson has been very good in patches and if he had the confidence of Shelvey he would be some player.
Shame how it ended, hell of a ride though.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: November 8, 2022, 01:27:26 pm »
There's a Day One update patch, just a heads up. Anyone with a digital pre-order can download it now. It's about 18 GB

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: November 10, 2022, 06:32:02 pm »
This new GoW is absolutely class! Definitely worth playing for sure

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: November 12, 2022, 01:26:15 pm »
I have Christmas in mind for this. Might try and clear some of the backlog between now and then and treat myself once the holiday season starts!

How are people finding the opening stages? It took me three goes to get into the last one, I just kept running out of steam as the game opened up. Stupid really as once I persisted for an hour or two more I got sucked into it.
"We come here for the winning!"