Author Topic: Was LFC Ticket Pricing Forum Now an Al555 usual mantra topic  (Read 97408 times)

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Was LFC Ticket Pricing Forum Now an Al555 usual mantra topic
« Reply #200 on: January 20, 2018, 03:46:47 pm »
Plus there are issues with it to.

I mean I got my ST with my Dad back in '92 when the Upper Centenary opened. I was 5 or 6 and we've had them since. If he died tomorrow would I then be expected to give the one ticket back and go on my own? In fact, they are both actually in his name as I was just a little kid at the time, so would I have to give them both up?!
Yep, fucking hand them back yer selfish twat  ;D

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #201 on: January 20, 2018, 03:49:01 pm »
Yep, fucking hand them back yer selfish twat  ;D

Hmmm, his health has suddenly got a little more important   :-X

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #202 on: January 20, 2018, 03:51:00 pm »
Some great posts there, Al.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #203 on: January 20, 2018, 04:33:26 pm »
Then you may want to fact check before posting.

How do you suggest I fact check Craig go around and count the seats in the Stadiums. I posted information in good faith.

I mean you're also ignoring some of those are state funded for WC hosting, some are built for little cost in countries where building costs a fraction of what it does here, some don't have a roof (try and do that here), some were built decades ago when costs were a fraction of now.

You simply can't compare like you've attempted to do.

Surely lower construction costs in other countries are reflected in lower ticket prices. As for being built decades ago isn't that exactly what we should of done. In 20 years time we will probably be looking back and saying look how cheap Spurs and Chelsea's ground were.

That is what happens in life. Look at our Stadium plans in 2003 we were going to build a 60,000 Stadium in Stanley park for £80m.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #204 on: January 20, 2018, 04:39:35 pm »
How do you suggest I fact check Craig go around and count the seats in the Stadiums. I posted information in good faith.

I managed it pretty quickly.

Surely lower construction costs in other countries are reflected in lower ticket prices. As for being built decades ago isn't that exactly what we should of done. In 20 years time we will probably be looking back and saying look how cheap Spurs and Chelsea's ground were.

That is what happens in life. Look at our Stadium plans in 2003 we were going to build a 60,000 Stadium in Stanley park for £80m.

Indeed, however I'm fairly sure complaining about what we didn't do 20 years ago is not going to help us discuss what we should be doing now.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #205 on: January 20, 2018, 04:45:11 pm »
I managed it pretty quickly.

Really Craig here is me thinking you gave up after 9 grounds.  ;)

Indeed, however I'm fairly sure complaining about what we didn't do 20 years ago is not going to help us discuss what we should be doing now.

Are you really suggesting that history doesn't repeat itself. Personally I think we will look back in twenty years and regret spending £125m on the main stand. A decision that has taken us down a cul-de-sac in terms of further redevelopment.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #206 on: January 20, 2018, 04:47:15 pm »
One thing you can say on stadium construction, is that costs will only increase as time goes on. Fixed costs stadiums become a thing of the past after the new Wembley. Steel costs will continue to increase. Surely there becomes a time where we need to do the Anny Road. If you stand still, you go backwards.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #207 on: January 20, 2018, 04:48:45 pm »
Really Craig here is me thinking you gave up after 9 grounds.  ;)

Yes, as that was enough to show the information was far from accurate.

Are you really suggesting that history doesn't repeat itself. Personally I think we will look back in twenty years and regret spending £125m on the main stand. A decision that has taken us down a cul-de-sac in terms of further redevelopment.

It's a pointless cul-de-sac of an argument as no side of that argument can be proven at this moment in time.

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: January 20, 2018, 04:50:35 pm »
Hmmm, his health has suddenly got a little more important   :-X
Got visions of you doing a Weekend at Bernies act with your dad now for you to keep your ST [emoji23]

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: January 20, 2018, 06:13:23 pm »

;D  Only you could find a way of moaning about the things we may moan about in 20 years.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #210 on: January 20, 2018, 06:27:09 pm »
Don't you mean the way Football in this country has developed ?

European teams with a bigger capacity than Liverpool.

FC Ararat, AIK Stockholm, Dinamo Tbilisi, Atletico Madrid, Fortuna Dusseldorf, Valencia, Man City, Red Star Belgrade, Hamburg, Bari, Lyon, West Ham, Napoli, Celtic, Arsenal, Stuttgart, Real Betis, Schalke, Benfica, Marseille, Zenit, AEK Athens, Qarabag, Lazio, Roma, Hertha Berlin, Bayern, Man United, Inter, Dynamo Kiev, AC Milan, Real Madrid, Dortmund and Barca.

It's a farce mate and you know it but carry on convincing yourself that Liverpool one of the richest Clubs in the world can only afford a 54,000 capacity Stadium.

As a Swede I can tell you that using AIK as an example is a shite one. They didn't build it themselves. They are playing on the Swedish equivalent of Wembley.

Sometimes you are so eager to make a point that you shoot yourself in the foot. Amusing.

Oh and to use West Ham's arena to prove your point. :lmao
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 06:29:55 pm by Groundskeeper Willie »
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #211 on: January 20, 2018, 06:29:55 pm »
Some great posts there, Al.

Yep, good stuff Al....keep it up mate
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #212 on: January 20, 2018, 06:45:35 pm »
As a Swede I can tell you that using AIK as an example is a shite one. They didn't build it themselves. They are playing on the Swedish equivalent of Wembley.

Sometimes you are so eager to make a point that you shoot yourself in the foot. Amusing.

Oh and to use West Ham's arena to prove your point. :lmao

Why is a shite example mate.

It is a fact that they play in a bigger Stadium than we do.

Did I say they funded it themselves.

The only questions that matter are is our current ground big enough to satisfy the needs of our fanbase. NO.

With an income fast approaching £400m a season and with owners who have had a massive increase in equity in their investment can we afford a bigger stadium. YES.

For me questioning how other Stadiums were funded is futile. It is a bit like a couple with a huge income living in a bedsit that is simply too small for their needs simply because some people inherit houses.

As for West Ham should we not try and compete with their Stadiums simply because they got it on the cheap. What next refuse to pay transfer fees because a rival brought someone in on a Bosman.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #213 on: January 20, 2018, 06:47:48 pm »
Al come on, you're trying to compare state funded stadiums to a club having to fund what, £800m+ to build a similar sized new ground now.

I don't believe you can't see the stupidity in trying to make that comparison. You're not an idiot.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #214 on: January 20, 2018, 06:56:37 pm »
Al come on, you're trying to compare state funded stadiums to a club having to fund what, £800m+ to build a similar sized new ground now.

I don't believe you can't see the stupidity in trying to make that comparison. You're not an idiot.

What has state funding got to do with it Craig ?

City are state funded so did we say we can't compete with them or did we sign Van Dijk for £75m ?

If someone bought a council house at a 50% discount would that effect your ability to buy a property, of course it wouldn't.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #215 on: January 20, 2018, 06:58:04 pm »
I fucking despair.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #216 on: January 20, 2018, 07:00:05 pm »
What has state funding got to do with it Craig ?

City are state funded so did we say we can't compete with them or did we sign Van Dijk for £75m ?

If someone bought a council house at a 50% discount would that effect your ability to buy a property, of course it wouldn't.

To continue the really weird example - if someone got given a 7 bed council house yet I owned a 4 bed then should I expect my kids to demand that I should go out and buy a 7 bedroom house?

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #217 on: January 20, 2018, 07:05:48 pm »
To continue the really weird example - if someone got given a 7 bed council house yet I owned a 4 bed then should I expect my kids to demand that I should go out and buy a 7 bedroom house?

We are in a situation were the Club have closed the season ticket waiting list because we already have too many people on it. A bigger capacity isn't a whim or a vanity project we desperately need a bigger Stadium. What are they doing about, well they are looking to cut out touting. Touting that is a direct consequence of demand massively outstripping supply.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: January 20, 2018, 07:09:18 pm »
Wouldn't want us to move away from Anfield.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #219 on: January 20, 2018, 09:12:35 pm »
We are in a situation were the Club have closed the season ticket waiting list because we already have too many people on it. A bigger capacity isn't a whim or a vanity project we desperately need a bigger Stadium. What are they doing about, well they are looking to cut out touting. Touting that is a direct consequence of demand massively outstripping supply.

The pointless exercise is comparing us to other clubs.

If there is demand and we can afford to expand, and the expansion would over a period of time pay for itself, then fine.

But saying “X has a bigger stadium than us so we should expand ours” is a silly argument, particularly when there are a number of reasons why X might have a bigger stadium. Eg for the various reasons set out above.

Same as has been said above re houses. If you need to and can justify buying a bigger house, you do it. You don’t look at other people’s houses and justify your decision based on what they are doing.

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: January 20, 2018, 09:42:10 pm »

It's not a house. Not even with 7 bedrooms. It's a football ground that could cost anywhere between £6,500 and £10,000 a seat. It needs paying for and more, to make money for the club. The difference between what the club gets in and what the club pays out is all important to the success of the club.

Some clubs have been very fortunate indeed in having the cost it or the cost of upgrades of it paid for by football associations, commonwealth games, world cups, councils, nations or plain, robber barons. We have none of these luxuries and our football stadium has to be paid for by ticket sales, hospitality, food and beverage. Some stadiums in other countries don't need roofs or hospitality suites or anything more than bench seats but then I don't see a massive influx of the best players into those countries or the funds to develop their own talent and keep it.

The bigger a stadium, the more expensive it is and the more expensive it is per seat. To build new is way more expensive than building on what you've got. It's a done deal at Anfield- adding 15,000 seats to 45,000 seat at less cost compared to building 60,000 new for the same income is a no brainer. Building 60,000 new (or 80,000) would have been an unmitigated disaster. Twenty years ago or today

Because if you want a new stadium that size, ticket prices will go up to pay for it making seats less available to the fans. Either that or the the club starts to lose money on it, which will draw down on the money made from TV or Commercial Revenue and make less money available to get the very best players.

As I said, it's not rocket science.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 09:46:03 pm by Peter McGurk »

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #221 on: January 20, 2018, 09:52:56 pm »
The pointless exercise is comparing us to other clubs.

We exist in a competitive environment though. We are competing with City, United, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal for a top 4 place. Four out of those five are playing at Stadium's with a bigger capacity than ours and the other one Chelsea are in the process of building a Stadium that will dwarf ours in terms of match day income.

If there is demand and we can afford to expand, and the expansion would over a period of time pay for itself, then fine.

Stadium's or redeveloped Stands have a 25 or 30 year shelf life. It is preposterous to suggest that they wouldn't pay for themselves in the long term. The thing is it isn't about that it is about the fans buying the owners a new Stadium or stand with the lowest amount of risk. Look at the Main Stand if it has a 25+ shelf life then why are the owners looking to pay it off in 5 or less.

But saying “X has a bigger stadium than us so we should expand ours” is a silly argument, particularly when there are a number of reasons why X might have a bigger stadium. Eg for the various reasons set out above.

Same as has been said above re houses. If you need to and can justify buying a bigger house, you do it. You don’t look at other people’s houses and justify your decision based on what they are doing.

The argument is that we have a huge waiting list, we have tens of thousands of people who want to buy a season ticket. The Stadium simply doesn't meet the demands of the number of people who want to pay to watch us. The argument is that people are absolving the Club of any blame for demand massively outstripping supply when they are the ones who have failed to expand the Stadium so that it meets our needs.

For me that is down to the Club wanting to exploit the sweet spot. To artificially inflate ticket prices by restricting supply.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #222 on: January 20, 2018, 10:01:35 pm »
It's not a house. Not even with 7 bedrooms. It's a football ground that could cost anywhere between £6,500 and £10,000 a seat. It needs paying for and more, to make money for the club. The difference between what the club gets in and what the club pays out is all important to the success of the club.

Some clubs have been very fortunate indeed in having the cost it or the cost of upgrades of it paid for by football associations, commonwealth games, world cups, councils, nations or plain, robber barons. We have none of these luxuries and our football stadium has to be paid for by ticket sales, hospitality, food and beverage. Some stadiums in other countries don't need roofs or hospitality suites or anything more than bench seats but then I don't see a massive influx of the best players into those countries or the funds to develop their own talent and keep it.

The bigger a stadium, the more expensive it is and the more expensive it is per seat. To build new is way more expensive than building on what you've got. It's a done deal at Anfield- adding 15,000 seats to 45,000 seat at less cost compared to building 60,000 new for the same income is a no brainer. Building 60,000 new (or 80,000) would have been an unmitigated disaster. Twenty years ago or today

Because if you want a new stadium that size, ticket prices will go up to pay for it making seats less available to the fans. Either that or the the club starts to lose money on it, which will draw down on the money made from TV or Commercial Revenue and make less money available to get the very best players.

As I said, it's not rocket science.

Except your entire premise is based on the mistaken belief that the fans have to pay for Stadiums and not only pay for them but pay for them in the shortest possible time.

Please explain to me why we can't have a virtuous circle were the increased value of the Club pays for a bigger Stadium which in turn increases the value of the Club. You know a virtuous circle were an increased capacity drives matchday revenue which in turn drives commercial revenues, which in turn increases our chances of being successful on the pitch which again drives revenues and which increases the value of the Asset.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #223 on: January 20, 2018, 10:43:26 pm »
Except your entire premise is based on the mistaken belief that the fans have to pay for Stadiums and not only pay for them but pay for them in the shortest possible time.

Please explain to me why we can't have a virtuous circle were the increased value of the Club pays for a bigger Stadium which in turn increases the value of the Club. You know a virtuous circle were an increased capacity drives matchday revenue which in turn drives commercial revenues, which in turn increases our chances of being successful on the pitch which again drives revenues and which increases the value of the Asset.

Because it may not increase the value of the club as much as it costs?

For the record I want as much expansion as physically possible. I just understand why it won't be as fast as i wa
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #224 on: January 20, 2018, 10:55:13 pm »
Because it may not increase the value of the club as much as it costs?

For the record I want as much expansion as physically possible. I just understand why it won't be as fast as i wa

Only in the short term though. Look at the Kop we pay £50 a game for a stand that cost a pittance.

Why should owners get the fans to pay for Stadiums and then walk away with hundreds of millions of profit.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: January 20, 2018, 11:04:23 pm »

Sorry but that is total shite.

I should explain, the value of the club is based on its nett income (more accurately, the return on investment) - what it earns after cost. This applies to all forms of income (TV, Commercial, Matchday). For the sake of clarity. Value is not based on cost. It is not based on the cost of players. It is not based on the cost of a stadium. A £500m stadium does not make the value of the club £500m greater. It doesn't. Sorry and all that but it just doesn't.

An increase in value comes from the difference between what the club earns and what it costs to earn it. Generally expressed as a percentage compared with the amount that percentage could pay for as a loan at prevailing interest rates over a fixed period of time. In short, a paper exercise, if an important one.

You can't spend Value. The only 'money to pay for a stadium' in that equation is the income (less the costs). The value itself pays for nothing.

Nevertheless, you could raise money on the value of an asset by selling shares or debentures in the asset as a separate entity or in the whole business but that would in effect be selling return, which would be self-defeating as it would decrease the availability of funds to improve the team (and as the investors will want their return).

Not only that but unfortunately the income after costs must come first. ie., you have to build and pay for the stadium and realise the income before the value is increased. Of course you could punt the whole thing into the financial market but then what you'd get back would be considerably less than the value you propose. Because every man and his dog would factor in risk for the bet.

So I'm afraid your little 'virtuous circles' either run in reverse or run at significant discounts.

What is more, matchday revenue does not drive commercial revenue. It just doesn't. Profile drives commercial revenue. The fanaticism of support in the ground might help and certainly does around the world but to follow your argument, a huge (and costly) stadium with low ticket prices and income would send matchday revenue down, not up. Our global profile has been just as big if not bigger with a smaller stadium and lesser matchday income (eg., in 2005). It's only a pity we had two dipsticks in control who knew three parts of not very much how to exploit it.

What does increase our chances of winning on the pitch is better players and better management. The money required to put these in place comes from revenue after costs. The increase in value is important but incidental (as JWH said at the start, as some of us with better memories will recall).

Only in the short term though. Look at the Kop we pay £50 a game for a stand that cost a pittance.

Why should owners get the fans to pay for Stadiums and then walk away with hundreds of millions of profit.

Why would they do otherwise?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 11:10:40 pm by Peter McGurk »

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #226 on: January 20, 2018, 11:14:03 pm »
Sorry but that is total shite.

I should explain, the value of the club is based on its nett income (more accurately, the return on investment) - what it earns after cost. This applies to all forms of income (TV, Commercial, Matchday). For the sake of clarity. Value is not based on cost. It is not based on the cost of players. It is not based on the cost of a stadium. A £500m stadium does not make the value of the club £500m greater. It doesn't. Sorry and all that but it just doesn't.

There is very simple word for what a Club earns after costs Peter it is called PROFIT.

Despite the vast majority of Clubs not creating a profit their value keeps on rising massively. That is for one simple reason future income streams. 

An increase in value comes from the difference between what the club earns and what it costs to earn it. Generally expressed as a percentage compared with the amount that percentage could pay for as a loan at prevailing interest rates over a fixed period of time. In short, a paper exercise, if an important one. The only 'money to pay for a stadium' in that equation is the income (less the costs). The value itself pays for nothing.

Again you are talking absolute rubbish mate. Plenty of startups spend years spending far more than they earn in revenue but see their value increase hugely.

Nevertheless, you could raise money on the value of an asset by selling shares or debentures in the asset as a separate entity or in the whole business but that would in effect be selling return, which would be self-defeating as it would decrease the availability of funds to improve the team asthe investors will want their return.

Not only that but unfortunately the income after costs must come first. ie., you have to build and pay for the stadium and realise the income before the value is increased. Of course you could punt the whole thing into the financial market but then what you'd get back would be considerably less than the value you propose. Because every man and his dog would factor in risk for the bet.

What is more, matchday revenue does not drive commercial revenue. It just doesn't. Profile drives commercial revenue. The fanaticism of support might help and certainly does around the world but to follow your argument, a huge (and costly) stadium with low ticket prices and income would send matchday revenue down, not up. Our global profile has been just as big if not bigger with a smaller stadium and lesser matchday income (eg., in 2005). It's only a pity we had two dipsticks in control who knew three parts of not very much how to exploit it.

So I'm afraid your little 'virtuous circles' either run in reverse or run at significant discounts.

What does increase our chances of winning on the pitch is better players and better management. The money required to put these in place comes from revenue after costs. This effect of increasing value is incidental (as JWH said at the start, as some of us with better memories will recall).

Would that be the JWH who has seen the value of his asset quadruple despite making horrendous mistakes.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: January 20, 2018, 11:27:33 pm »
There is very simple word for what a Club earns after costs Peter it is called PROFIT.

Despite the vast majority of Clubs not creating a profit their value keeps on rising massively. That is for one simple reason future income streams. 

Again you are talking absolute rubbish mate. Plenty of startups spend years spending far more than they earn in revenue but see their value increase hugely.

Would that be the JWH who has seen the value of his asset quadruple despite making horrendous mistakes.

So again. How do you propose to spend value to pay for a stadium?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 11:42:40 pm by Peter McGurk »

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #228 on: January 21, 2018, 12:01:02 am »
So again. How do you propose to spend value to pay for a stadium?

We are owned by investors, by definition they invest in the hope that their investment increases in value. At a conservative estimate their initial investment in LFC has increased in value by 300% or 400%.

That is way more than the stock market or any equivalent investment.

So there are a couple of options they can either invest more or they can offset their initial investment and take some profit by selling more shares in FSG.

Considering that FSG is a fluid series of individual and institutional investors then the second option is probably the most preferable.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: January 21, 2018, 12:23:22 am »
We are owned by investors, by definition they invest in the hope that their investment increases in value. At a conservative estimate their initial investment in LFC has increased in value by 300% or 400%.

That is way more than the stock market or any equivalent investment.

So there are a couple of options they can either invest more or they can offset their initial investment and take some profit by selling more shares in FSG.

Considering that FSG is a fluid series of individual and institutional investors then the second option is probably the most preferable.

That will be investment, not value. And how will the investment be paid back? What will attract anyone to buy shares? How will the value increase?

I'll save you the trouble mate... by increasing income after the investment. By increasing return. By selling more and paying less.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 12:29:21 am by Peter McGurk »

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #230 on: January 21, 2018, 12:50:15 am »
That will be investment, not value. And how will the investment be paid back? What will attract anyone to buy shares? How will the value increase?

I'll save you the trouble mate... by increasing income after the investment. By increasing return. By selling more and paying less.

The investment has already been paid back Peter. We were bought for £300m and we are now worth 3 or 4 times that.

Are you really suggesting that FSG should see triple or quadruple their investment AND then benefit from the Club paying for Stadium investment.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: January 21, 2018, 01:48:42 am »
The investment has already been paid back Peter. We were bought for £300m and we are now worth 3 or 4 times that.

Are you really suggesting that FSG should see triple or quadruple their investment AND then benefit from the Club paying for Stadium investment.

Why do you think that you get to decide what level of return is appropriate for an investment?
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #232 on: January 21, 2018, 02:12:41 am »

How much have they taken so far Al?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #233 on: January 21, 2018, 11:54:26 am »
Why do you think that you get to decide what level of return is appropriate for an investment?

Because we are fans and not walking talking cash points for the owners. Or are you suggesting we didn't have the right to protest about the £77 tickets. Quite simply without the fans they haven't got a business.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #234 on: January 21, 2018, 12:07:10 pm »
How much have they taken so far Al?

We don't know Eel because FSG is a private company. We do know that some of the investors have sold some of their investment the New York Times sold their holding in 3 stages between 2010 and 2012.  We also know that recently Mike Gordon has increased his investment and gone above the 10% threshold that means the Premier League had to be informed. Whether that was in the form of s rights issue or him buying someone else shares we don't know.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline WisconsinRed

• Special: but only in his very own.....special.....way!
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #235 on: January 21, 2018, 12:40:51 pm »
It's unbelievable that we have 'fans' who side with the club on this issue.

Al555 is right in his thinking, it's what most fans want I believe.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #236 on: January 21, 2018, 01:11:55 pm »
FSG leverage the value of LFC as part of the FSG stable in the US.

Investing in the Club and expanding the stadium would see the Club's value increase allowing them to leverage a more valuable asset in the US - they don't need to take profit/cash out of the Club - thats not the MO.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #237 on: January 21, 2018, 02:26:47 pm »
You have got to love their cheek.
http://www.fenwaysportsmanagement.com/LFCtrips/

PACKAGE DETAILS
LFC U.S. Supporters Trip

Friday, April 27, 2018 — Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Four (4) night accommodations at the Hope Street Hotel in Downtown Liverpool
    Match hospitality package in the 1892 Lounge for the match v. Stoke City on April 28th*
    Welcome cocktail hour for U.S. Supporters
    Meet & Greet with an LFC Legend~
    VIP Tour of Anfield with museum access
    Transfers included with one transfer on the LFC Team Coach**
    LFC supporters gifts
    Optional add-on Liverpool tours
    All taxes and fees included
    24/7 on site travel assistance from LFC and FSM staff

Airfare Not Included
*Please note that all dates and kick off times are subject to change
**Team coach not available on matchday
~ Participating Legend is TBD
Participants must live in The Americas (North America, South America, Central America, or the Caribbean)
PRICING
Single   $2,299
Double   $1,799
Triple   $1,659

BOOK NOW
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
« Reply #238 on: January 21, 2018, 07:11:32 pm »

PACKAGE DETAILS
LFC U.S. Supporters Trip

Match hospitality package in the 1892 Lounge for the match v. Stoke City on April 28th*
    LFC supporters gifts

Airfare Not Included
Participants must live in The Americas (North America, South America, Central America, or the Caribbean)
PRICING
Single   $2,299
Double   $1,799
Triple   $1,659

BOOK NOW

Or how about look at it as a small number of the tickets set aside for those dreaded day trippers and more GA/members tickets for locals?

The point made before (either Al or Graham, can't remember which) about not knowing how much has been taken because FSG is a private company is inaccurate. We can see exactly how much has been extracted from the club via the club's accounts - dividends, director's loans, dir's rem etc is disclosed. We won't know exactly how much each individual has taken but that doesn't matter, it will be clear how much total has gone.

I think we will find that total to be something in the region of £nil, as Craig, Eel and many others have pointed out repeatedly.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #239 on: January 21, 2018, 07:22:48 pm »

PACKAGE DETAILS
LFC U.S. Supporters Trip

LFC supporters gifts

Airfare Not Included
PRICING
Single   $2,299
Double   $1,799
Triple   $1,659

BOOK NOW

What's your issue with that its hospitality.