Author Topic: Today's shooting - The Sandy Hook Memorial Thread - Thoughts and Prayers  (Read 530618 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Guns don't kill people, socially dysfunctional loners who have no social skills to articulate their inner fears and awkwardnesses and seek solace in faceless friends who tell them that they're like them. Confused kid, begat confused kid and so on, do.

I doubt the GLC could even work that in.

It's all very sad and the saddest part is, there will be more,  somewhere, sometime soon.

In my day, you"d just go and have a wank, not kill 6 people to get over gagging for a shag.
I've come across one or two males on mental health websites who have shown really worrying attitudes towards other people in general and women in particular. People who, like you describe, are socially awkward, emotionally immature, insecure and deeply dysfunctional. They have tended to blame society, and females in particular, for their failings. To be honest, a deadly weapon is a great equaliser for people of that mindset if/when the balance gets tipped and they want to take revenge and claw back a bit of power they feel they've never had and would otherwise never have.

Sadly, the internet has helped bring a lot of these highly dysfunctional types together in their mutual hatred.  :-\
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
Just don't get how he can recognise his own inadequacies, yet at the same time blame women in general for his situation.

Guess this is the problem with some online communities, in the past maybe someone like this would just end up as a loner his whole life or maybe at some point realise he has to make an effort to sort out his life...but the online world makes people like that believe they have a justified grievance against the world and are part of some kind of social 'movement'.

It's actually similar to the conspiracy theorists. These online groupings of people who feel similar things they get together and reconfirm those feelings and blame everyone else for feeling that way. I would have some empathy for this individual if he had a mental illness but I read his posts. His failings were his own. He blamed his mother and women for the way his life turned out.

In those same posts though he says he's never talked to a woman beyond his mother. How has he gone to the age of 22 without having meaningful conversations with people of genders other than his own? That is a failing on his part, it's not his mother nor women to blame. This is further evidenced by the fact he wrote that he was kicked out of a lot of schools - again this is a failing of his own making. (I'm sure we could play devils advocate and say some of those schools could have helped him but this is all the evidence we have - his own words).

Some of these "communities" online are feedback loops. These incel groupings though have just become ridiculously dangerous as we've seen around the world and something has got to be done about it. Young men who are blaming all woes in their life at people who have never spoken to them at all.

Should add I have no qualification in psychology so the above is just my opinion. Mental illness is also something very real that I know many of us may have suffered from at some point in life but I feel like it being used a 'motive' (not sure if that's the right word) is correct. It feels offensive to me as someone who has struggled at times when the only life I've ever thought of impacting is my own.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Guns don't kill people, socially dysfunctional loners who have no social skills to articulate their inner fears and awkwardnesses and seek solace in faceless friends who tell them that they're like them. Confused kid, begat confused kid and so on, do.

I doubt the GLC could even work that in.

It's all very sad and the saddest part is, there will be more,  somewhere, sometime soon.

In my day, you"d just go and have a wank, not kill 6 people to get over gagging for a shag.

The problem is that they’re all getting together on sites like 4chan being radicalised and having other people like them feed their belief that others (in this case, women) are to blame.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
Good post Scatman. YNWA, be well
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
About time,it's obvious the little bastards were asking for it.  :butt

Remington Subpoenas Report Cards of Five Children Killed in Sandy Hook Shooting

As part of a lawsuit defense, the company that made the guns used in the Sandy Hook shooting demanded the disciplinary and attendance records of dead children.

Gun company Remington has subpoenaed the report cards, attendance records, and disciplinary records of five kindergarten and first grade students murdered in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, according to new court filings in a civil lawsuit filed against the company.

“In mid-July, the defense served a subpoena on the Newton Public School District seeking: ‘Any and all educational records in your possession including but not limited to, application and admission paperwork, attendance records, transcripts, report cards, disciplinary records, correspondence and any and all other educational information and records pertaining to’ each of the five first-graders whose Estates are plaintiffs in this case,” according to the motion filed today that sought to protect the victims’ families from further subpoenas. “There is no conceivable way that these [records] will assist Remington in its defense, and the plaintiffs do not understand why Remington would invade the families’ privacy with such a request. Nonetheless, this personal and private information has been produced to Remington.”

In addition, Remington subpoenaed employment records of four teachers who were killed in the shooting, in which a total of 20 children and six adults died. Some of the parents of the Sandy Hook victims have been suing the weapons manufacturer since 2014, alleging that the gun manufacturer advertised its line of semi-automatic weapons to civilians. Remington previously responded to a discovery request for its internal company communications by producing more than 18,000 unsorted files containing memes, cartoons, and ice bucket challenge videos.

"We have no explanation for why Remington subpoenaed the Newtown Public School District to obtain the kindergarten and first grade academic, attendance and disciplinary records of these five school children,” Josh Koskoff, one of the lawyers representing the Sandy Hook parents, told Motherboard. “The records cannot possibly excuse Remington’s egregious marketing conduct, or be of any assistance in estimating the catastrophic damages in this case. The only relevant part of their attendance records is that they were at their desks on December 14, 2012.”

Remington’s lawyers did not immediately return Motherboard’s request for comment.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
They probably want to argue it's all a hoax and that the children don't actually exist.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
I can't even get myself to make a sarcastic gag about it.

Just another day in the cult
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
Obviously Remington looking for any naughty kids so they can say they deserved it.

And I'm not trying to be funny.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Obviously Remington looking for any naughty kids so they can say they deserved it.

And I'm not trying to be funny.

You have got to wonder just what the fuck they are looking to do, discredit the kids and teachers and say its no loss to society that they are dead?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
You have got to wonder just what the fuck they are looking to do, discredit the kids and teachers and say its no loss to society that they are dead?

Knowing the nutters that the sandy hook deniers are, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

"Kid 3 was grounded at home. So why was he at school when he shouldn't have been there? And if they were wrong, whats to believe that the others weren't wrong either"

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan

I imagine it's just the lawyers trying whatever tactics they can to slow down the lawsuit and make it as long, expensive and unpleasant as possible to help the chance of it being dropped or settled early

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
I imagine it's just the lawyers trying whatever tactics they can to slow down the lawsuit and make it as long, expensive and unpleasant as possible to help the chance of it being dropped or settled early

Imagine being so morally bereft, that you choose to go down that route. Imagine how shit a human being you would have to be to sanction such action to lawyers all because of share prices. The board of Remington must be very proud of their legal department.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Imagine being so morally bereft, that you choose to go down that route. Imagine how shit a human being you would have to be to sanction such action to lawyers all because of share prices. The board of Remington must be very proud of their legal department.

They're going to go down the unruly Children route "Had they followed instructions they would still be alive today Your Honour"

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan

Mate, they make guns. Morals have never been their motto.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/sep/06/florida-shooting-ex-us-marine-suspected-of-killing-four-including-a-baby?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Obviously another horrific incident that simply wouldn’t happen were there a semblance of gun control but the Fucking state of this comment from the sheriff….

“It would have been nice if he would have come out with a gun ... We would have shot him up a lot. But he didn’t because he was a coward,” Judd said. “When someone chooses to give up, we take them into custody peacefully.”
Believer

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/sep/06/florida-shooting-ex-us-marine-suspected-of-killing-four-including-a-baby?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Obviously another horrific incident that simply wouldn’t happen were there a semblance of gun control but the Fucking state of this comment from the sheriff….

Notice how they got him alive, even though he attempted to get one of the officer's guns during their encounter.

Meanwhile minorities get shot dead by cops for nothing or less than what this nutter did.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Notice how they got him alive, even though he attempted to get one of the officer's guns during their encounter.

Meanwhile minorities get shot dead by cops for nothing or less than what this nutter did.

It's beyond blatant isn't it.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan

It's beyond blatant isn't it.

At least they didn't stop at Burger King afterwards to get him some food.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
At least they didn't stop at Burger King afterwards to get him some food.
Or say that he was 'having a bad day'
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
Re: This month's mass shooting The Sandy Hook Memorial Thread - Thoughts and Prayers
« Reply #4619 on: September 10, 2021, 09:02:08 am »
I've come across one or two males on mental health websites who have shown really worrying attitudes towards other people in general and women in particular. People who, like you describe, are socially awkward, emotionally immature, insecure and deeply dysfunctional. They have tended to blame society, and females in particular, for their failings. To be honest, a deadly weapon is a great equaliser for people of that mindset if/when the balance gets tipped and they want to take revenge and claw back a bit of power they feel they've never had and would otherwise never have.

Sadly, the internet has helped bring a lot of these highly dysfunctional types together in their mutual hatred.  :-\

It is clear to me when you combine members of society like the guy in Plymouth who has very clear issues and easy access to guns, then what you get basically is America. Lots of examples of people with either genuine mental health issues or just normal people having a very bad day and having firearms within easy reach makes for repeated awful outcomes.

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
3 students dead, others hurt in Michigan high school shooting; 15-year-old suspect in custody, authorities say.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/11/30/oxford-high-school-shooting-multiple-victims-michigan/8810814002/

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
3 students dead, others hurt in Michigan high school shooting; 15-year-old suspect in custody, authorities say.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/11/30/oxford-high-school-shooting-multiple-victims-michigan/8810814002/

yadda yadda thoughts prayers blah blah if only good guy gun yakicty yack shock horror gasp

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
Robin Redding, the parent of a 12th grader, said her son stayed home Tuesday. She said he had heard threats of a shooting at the school.

“This couldn’t be just random,” she said. “He just said that ‘Ma, I don’t feel comfortable. None of the kids that we go to school with are going today.’”

Redding expressed concern with school safety in general and did not provide specifics about what her son had heard.

^this is worrying, lives could have been saved it seems. What an absolute degenrate gun culture over there stateside.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
yadda yadda thoughts prayers blah blah if only good guy gun yakicty yack shock horror gasp

Don't forget that now is the time to focus on the victims and not politicise the crisis re: reform of the 2nd Amendment.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
Don't forget that now is the time to focus on the victims and not politicise the crisis re: reform of the 2nd Amendment.

I know. Ridiculous. Whatever you do don't politicize the ease of gun access or how many of these incidents happen and if it is such a good idea to let anyone have any kind of firearm.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Hate it when this thread gets bumped. Horrible.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
Gotta keep that gun money rolling in. Horrible country.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
This video shows kids locked in a classroom as the possible gunman pretends to be a sheriff to try and get them to open the door.

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1465802106867269634

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
Reading those comments under the video… ‘we teach our kids to do this’, ‘we tell our students to do this’ etc… imagine having that as part of your learning culture.

It will never not be mind blowing, but with every incident the loss of life should never be diminished because ‘it’s what happens in ‘America’. This is so sad. Those are just kids.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
This video shows kids locked in a classroom as the possible gunman pretends to be a sheriff to try and get them to open the door.

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1465802106867269634

My daughter is 12.

She did her first active shooter drill when she was 5. The teacher herds the kids into the far corner of the class room where they can't be seen from the door and the teacher locks the door. The kids had to be quiet. The Principal acted as the intruder and walked the corridors trying door handles. Half the kids were crying apparently.

She does the same drill now once a year at least.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
My daughter is 12.

She did her first active shooter drill when she was 5. The teacher herds the kids into the far corner of the class room where they can't be seen from the door and the teacher locks the door. The kids had to be quiet. The Principal acted as the intruder and walked the corridors trying door handles. Half the kids were crying apparently.

That’s fucking heartbreaking. 5 year olds are meant to be going to school to have their senses stimulated with all kinds of new and wonderful information and experience not be terrified into tears because they have to be aware that some nutcase can easily acquire a deadly weapon and stroll into their school with the intention of indiscriminate murder. Fuck…
Believer

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
My daughter is 12.

Christ. That is horrible to read.

It's one thing if kids have to do this because they live in an anarchic, lawless place or the middle of a war zone. But this is a country that chooses to allow this to happen.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

It's one thing if kids have to do this because they live in an anarchic, lawless place or the middle of a war zone. But this is a country that chooses to allow this to happen.

It's the price of freedom,we could never understand.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
It's the price of freedomfreedumb,we could never understand.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Komic

• Legacy Fan

On the lawless comment, I watched a Jon Stewart video yesterday on gun violence and quotes figures showing the majority of gun violence comes from people with domestic abuse charges. Legally these people aren't allowed guns but the law isn't upheld, so they can then go on and murder people. He also points out that the deadliest thing police officers deal with is domestic disturbance calls, so it should be in the police's interest to not be so lax with regards to this law.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
New York Daily News
Mother of accused Michigan school shooting suspect praised Trump for stance on gun rights in 2016 blog post
Jessica Schladebeck, New York Daily News - 2h ago

The mother of a sophomore student accused of opening fire inside his Michigan high school previously wrote an open letter to former President Donald Trump praising his support for the Second Amendment.

Ethan Crumbley on Wednesday was charged as an adult with two dozen crimes — including murder, attempted murder and terrorism causing death — in connection with the massacre inside Oxford High School. Authorities said the attack unfolded over the course of just five minutes Tuesday afternoon, during which four people were fatally shot and seven more wounded.

Tate Myre, 16; Madisyn Baldwin, 17; Hana St. Juliana, 14, and Justin Shilling, 17, were killed in the shooting.

The weapon used to carry out the violence, a 9 mm semi-automatic handgun, was legally purchased just days earlier by the 15-year-old’s father during a Black Friday shopping trip. Crumbley's family members are seemingly adamant supporters of the right to possess firearms and guns, evidenced by a blog post uncovered by the Daily Beast reportedly written by Crumbley’s mother about Trump.

“As a female and a Realtor, thank you for allowing my right to bear arms. Allowing me to be protected if I show a home to someone with bad intentions,” she wrote in November 2016. “Thank you respecting that Amendment.”

Jennifer added that she liked the fact that the former president was “not good at public speaking” and that she did not blame him for not making his tax returns public. She also wrote about Ethan, just 10 years old at the time, explaining how she was skipping bill payments in order to afford a tutor capable of teaching “Common Core.”

“My son struggles daily, and my teachers tell me they hate teaching it but the (sic) HAVE to,” Jennifer wrote. “I have to pay for a Tutor, why? Because I can’t figure out 4th grade math. I used to be good at math. I can’t afford a Tutor, in fact I sacrifice car insurance to make sure my son gets a good education and hopefully succeeds in life.”

The open letter was signed: “A hard working Middle Class Law Abiding Citizen who is sick of getting f---ed in the a-- and would rather be grabbed by the p----.”

Her husband James Crumbley, echoed the sentiment by sharing the post on his Facebook page, writing “My wife can be spot on. Sometimes.”

Oakland County Prosecutor Karen McDonald earlier this week said she was “considering charges against both parents” in connection with the school shooting.

“Owning a gun means securing it properly and locking it and keeping the ammunition separate,” she said.

According to Michigan gun laws, it is illegal for someone younger than 18 to possess a gun in public in the state. What’s more, it’s illegal to carry a concealed gun, and many school districts in the state also ban open carry.

No motive has been provided for the violence, but McDonald said it was premeditated, citing a “mountain of digital evidence” against the suspect.

Crumbley was arrested in the halls of his high school, gun in hand, and taken to the Oakland County’s Children’s Village before being transferred to the Oakland County Jail, where he remained Thursday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mother-of-accused-michigan-school-shooting-suspect-praised-trump-for-stance-on-gun-rights-in-2016-blog-post/ar-AARoQy1?ocid=msedgntp

Charge the bitch and her husband for allowing the scrote access.

They can share the same cell.
Kill the humourless

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
The open letter was signed: “A hard working Middle Class Law Abiding Citizen who is sick of getting f---ed in the a-- and would rather be grabbed by the p----.”
I'll never understand the devotion that Trump managed to elicit.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
"As a female and a Realtor, thank you for allowing my right to bear arms"

Imagine thinking this is a normal state of affairs. As for that pussy-grabbing comment, well... it's hard not to be judgemental of a parent like that who produces a kid like that.

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
It's the price of freedom,we could never understand.
And many of us who live here don’t fucking understand it, either. We’re losing so many young people. I haven’t lectured in person at my college for two years due to COVID, but I will be doing an active shooter mini-drill on day one when I return in January. It’s strange that the first lecture I give every semester in person is how to get out of a classroom alive. What I don’t say is “If we’re lucky,” which is closer to the reality.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
And many of us who live here don’t fucking understand it, either. We’re losing so many young people. I haven’t lectured in person at my college for two years due to COVID, but I will be doing an active shooter mini-drill on day one when I return in January. It’s strange that the first lecture I give every semester in person is how to get out of a classroom alive. What I don’t say is “If we’re lucky,” which is closer to the reality.

giving a lecture about active shooters

thats normal right

fucks sake, its ridiculous