Author Topic: FC Barcelona  (Read 874059 times)

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • My blog
Re: FC Barcelona
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2012, 09:57:09 pm »
not bad
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2012, 09:58:54 pm »
Barca are behind Real because they have not travelled well this year; there is no refereeing conspiracy. Making excuses for them is embarrassing and does them, and Real Madrid, a disservice.

Offline gordonchas

• Jilted John was right.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2012, 08:10:03 am »
Any complaints about the referee last night, Spanish Fan?

Thought not.

Offline thereader

• Weerrrdapeeepeeehllllllll!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2012, 10:38:10 pm »
Fair to say this has been a very poor season for them, losing La Liga and the CL, Bilbao will probably have a chance in the Copa del Rey final as well.

Whether it's a decline we probably need to wait and see next season, but the not having a Plan B theory has certainly looked true in 3 very big games this past week.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2012, 10:41:28 pm »
What's happened to them this season is the result of 2-3 years of players playing non-stop for club and country with minimal rotation, even in games when the likes of Messi isn't necessary. It's resulted in physical and mental fatigue that's been costly. They've had injuries in key areas that has limited the depth of the squad. They've also neglected areas at the back and sorely need to buy a CB (which they should have done last summer) and another LB (Abidal is unlikely to return). The big question is whether Guardiola will be back or not. He's looked absolutely drained at times this season.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2012, 10:42:27 pm »
Should have bought a striker in January to be honest.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2012, 10:45:12 pm »
Brilliant at times this season, at others not so. Real will be deserved league winners though.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2012, 10:45:52 pm »
Tonight was proof, if proof were needed, that they wouldn't cut it in the Prem.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2012, 10:46:07 pm »
Whether it's a decline we probably need to wait and see next season, but the not having a Plan B theory has certainly looked true in 3 very big games this past week.

Think it's mental. They've had such huge successes it doesn't look like they're all mentally there, nothing to challange them (he says when they're out of 2 comps).They've missed Villa too, sounds mad when you have a 65-goal best player in the world in your side but, like Madrid with Ronald, Benzema and Higuain, they've needed more than one supply of goals.

Tello and Cuenca have had to deputise for Villa too, and they haven't been consistently good enough (although they have looked very good at times) at the highest levels (Clasico and  tonight for example).

Madrid and Barca would run away with the prem year-in year-out too.

Offline .Mike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2012, 10:47:16 pm »
What's happened to them this season is the result of 2-3 years of players playing non-stop for club and country with minimal rotation, even in games when the likes of Messi isn't necessary. It's resulted in physical and mental fatigue that's been costly. They've had injuries in key areas that has limited the depth of the squad. They've also neglected areas at the back and sorely need to buy a CB (which they should have done last summer) and another LB (Abidal is unlikely to return). The big question is whether Guardiola will be back or not. He's looked absolutely drained at times this season.
THIS.

With lack of form aswell for certain key players: Valdes, Pique, Pedro. Plus a load of new players: Thiago, Cesc, Ceucna, Sanchez and Cesc coming into an already brilliant team. Why change it up so much?

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2012, 10:54:02 pm »
They need a left back, a centre back and a striker in the summer.
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline masterbaker

• kneads a good rise.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me
« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2012, 10:55:49 pm »
i think the great plan A,no plan B theory is true, cuz this has happened to them in the past as well, the inter game is the 1st that springs to mind and chelsea almost did the same thing under hiddink a few seasons a go. what was weird tonight though and the last 3 games really is messi looks dead on his feet

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2012, 10:56:50 pm »
Thiago Silva would improve them immensely in the face of Puyol's decline and Pique's sudden realisation that he's God's gift to mankind. Maybe someone like Van Persie and then.. well I don't know who they should sign as an LB. I really rate Abidal but it remains to be seen if he can play with his health problems. There's a real dearth of great LB's/RB's these days.
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline .Mike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2012, 10:56:55 pm »
Jordi Alba is a done deal.
Thiago Silva will probably be the CB.

Striker? I have no idea.

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2012, 10:57:42 pm »

Striker? I have no idea.

Aguero :D

Offline .Mike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2012, 10:58:35 pm »
It'll probably be Neymar to be honest.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2012, 10:58:39 pm »
Come on Barca, Van Persie is your man. Go get him.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline onopko

• Main Stander
« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2012, 11:01:31 pm »
How come Tello and Cuenca are prefered to Pedro?

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2012, 11:01:39 pm »
Oh please God make it happen.
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2012, 11:01:59 pm »

Striker? I have no idea.
Milan won't let go of Thiago Silva at any costs right now, think they might go for Hummels but I'm not sure Dortmund will accept offers either.

The major worry for them if Pep leaves, and right now, it seems the burden of him being the manager has taken enough toll on him.

It is also surprising how they don't have any plan B in place at all, maybe letting go of Ibrahimovic that early was a mistake after all, he gave them another option upfront.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2012, 11:03:48 pm »
they seem to have slowed down.  the accuracy is still there (normally, not tonight, where it was dire), but the speed of thought and movement is a few seconds slower.  seems like mental fatigue more than anything.

playing those kids was also bizarre from pep.  barca are a possession team, so why play players who constantly surrender the ball?  it leaves you constantly on the back foot.

there was an unsavoury 'defenders?  we don't need defenders' mindset apparent throughout as well.  it was inevitable that chelsea would score on the counter.  the surprise is that it took them so long to put the game to bed after the penalty miss.

out of two competitions in three days.  they may finish like liverpool, but they bottle like arsenal...
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2012, 11:04:18 pm »

Striker? I have no idea.
Yes them 2 and I would go for Van Persie.
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2012, 11:08:24 pm »
Pretty much a done deal that back to back European cups is impossible in this day and age if this Barca side cant do it.

Offline mb1111

• fucking rubbish poster
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2012, 11:11:10 pm »
They were never going to smash everyone forever, its just not possible. Think a lot of the criticism in the next few days will be over the top, they dont need much. Just a bit of freshening up.

Offline aerorossi29

• Anny Roader
« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2012, 11:15:25 pm »
Hahah, the foresight of all these on here who now all of a sudden knew Barca had no plan B, If Messi doesnt perform who does? Who has replaced Villa? Blah blah blah blah blah. OK, they are not in champs league final, they are unlikely to win la liga, but they are still far and away the best team in a long long time and it will not take much, if anything to get them challenging next year. They are having a blip, something we know only too well about.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2012, 11:16:28 pm »
Where was Pedro tonight?

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2012, 11:21:29 pm »
They were never going to smash everyone forever, its just not possible. Think a lot of the criticism in the next few days will be over the top, they dont need much. Just a bit of freshening up.
especially over here it will. and the madrid based press.

This type of crape will be printed over here and everyone will lap it up... Build them up and knock em down... so predictable so boring.

But tonights game was daft. The play was so predictable in the second half, no movement just all standing there waiting for the ball to be passed to them. all that happened was

ball played to the central figure then whipped out to the right then back into the central player and back out to the left... repeat for 90% of the second half. I was pulling my hair out.

Id say they need a plan B but tbf why do they this whole mentality of this is the way to play and thats it has worked for them and made them who they are today so why change it because of one season... its daft. it be like sacking pep at the end of this season for not winning anything.

They will be challenging next season... it as simple as that.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 11:23:58 pm by brownie 09 »

Offline BlaugranaPride

• Kopite
« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2012, 11:28:22 pm »
Proud of this team more than ever!! You can't always win no matter how good you play, chelsea played his game and won it, congrats to them. Força Barça always, we'll come back next year stronger.
MÉS QUE UN CLUB

Offline thereader

• Weerrrdapeeepeeehllllllll!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: April 24, 2012, 11:30:13 pm »
That's just it, there was plenty of predictions that they would smash everyone and win everything forever.  They'll challenge again clearly but they've been shown to be very much beatable.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: April 24, 2012, 11:33:47 pm »
Still haven't matched the record of the early 00's Madrid sides

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
FC Barcelona
« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2012, 11:35:37 pm »
They miss David Villa more than almost anyone expected.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #111 on: April 24, 2012, 11:35:45 pm »
Still haven't matched the record of the early 00's Madrid sides

They both won 3 in 6 years didn't they?

Offline .Mike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #112 on: April 24, 2012, 11:36:03 pm »
Who out of these and the Madrid side of the 00's is a better team to yous?
Brazil 1970 may be up there. Madrid side isnt up there with this Barca one for me.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: April 24, 2012, 11:37:16 pm »
Brazil 1970 may be up there. Madrid side isnt up there with this Barca one for me.

Actually edited the post, cause yeah its a bit of a daft question, this Barca side are still the best team in the last 20 years.

Offline .Mike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #114 on: April 24, 2012, 11:39:59 pm »
Actually edited the post, cause yeah its a bit of a daft question, this Barca side are still the best team in the last 20 years.
Definitely. Whilst Madrid 00s was a great collection of players I wouldn't of actually called them a great team.

The Milan side of the early 90s also might be up there.

Offline banksybanks

• Legacy Fan
  • Oranges and cigarettes
« Reply #115 on: April 24, 2012, 11:40:08 pm »
But tonights game was daft. The play was so predictable in the second half, no movement just all standing there waiting for the ball to be passed to them. all that happened was

ball played to the central figure then whipped out to the right then back into the central player and back out to the left... repeat for 90% of the second half. I was pulling my hair out.

That feels like most afternoons I've spent at Anfield this season

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: April 24, 2012, 11:45:15 pm »
They both won 3 in 6 years didn't they?

3 in 5 as opposed to 3 in 6, so not much difference thought Madrid had won 4 in 7.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #117 on: April 24, 2012, 11:47:57 pm »
3 in 5 as opposed to 3 in 6, so not much difference thought Madrid had won 4 in 7.

You're right - 3 in 5 for Real back then, my Maths was a bit out. The 98 team was very different from the 02 one by the end though I guess you can say similar about Barca.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #118 on: April 24, 2012, 11:52:53 pm »

Not sure if serious...
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: April 25, 2012, 12:03:24 am »
I’m sure their fans like ours will be ecstatic with their season once they’ve won their domestic cup.

Where to now for Pep?
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.