Author Topic: Dark Souls & Dark Souls 2  (Read 66101 times)

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
Re: Dark Souls & Dark Souls 2
« Reply #680 on: June 14, 2021, 01:48:20 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/E3Huy2cdih0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/E3Huy2cdih0</a>

This was fucking amazing

👌👌👌👌👌

Can't wait.
:D

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #681 on: June 14, 2021, 02:48:08 pm »
Now I see why you guys posted Elden Ring news in here.

FromSoftware

Prepare to be brutalised all over again. :)

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #682 on: October 18, 2021, 03:20:04 pm »
Elden Ring delayed till Feb 25th, noooooooooooooooooooooo

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #683 on: November 3, 2021, 05:17:16 pm »
15 minute Gameplay preview tomorrow at 4pm UK time, Oooooohhh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JldMvQMO_5U

Online Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #684 on: November 4, 2021, 04:05:00 pm »
Dark Souls: Breath of the Sekiro

I love everything I see, can't wait.
« Last Edit: November 4, 2021, 04:18:22 pm by Kashinoda »

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #685 on: November 6, 2021, 01:58:26 pm »
It looks absolutely unreal, I can't wait.

Offline Umbarto

• of the Red Dojo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #686 on: January 22, 2022, 11:13:05 pm »
https://www.pcgamer.com/psa-dont-play-dark-souls-3-until-a-new-remote-code-execution-vulnerability-is-patched/

A new exploit has been demonstrated which allows malicious code to be run through Dark Souls 3's online functionality.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #687 on: January 24, 2022, 04:04:03 pm »
Elden Ring has gone Gold today, meaning it is finished and whether its shit, broken or needs a day 1 patch, it will be coming out on Feb 25th.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #688 on: January 24, 2022, 04:30:00 pm »
For those that have enough disposable cash to replace the controllers broken whilst attempting to complete a From Software game  ;D

I won’t be going near this having had my fix with Bloodborne years ago, but hope it’s as good as anticipated for those looking forward to it.

Online Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #689 on: January 25, 2022, 02:11:25 pm »
For those that have enough disposable cash to replace the controllers broken whilst attempting to complete a From Software game  ;D

I won’t be going near this having had my fix with Bloodborne years ago, but hope it’s as good as anticipated for those looking forward to it.

Elden Ring Perfect For Gamers Who Thought Dark Souls Was "Too Difficult," Says Producer

;D

They seem to have added lots of options for alternative play, summons seem useful in this regard.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #690 on: January 25, 2022, 06:27:36 pm »
This looks superb doesn’t it? Feel bad for all the people that won’t touch these games because they have the patience of a 2 year old.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #691 on: January 25, 2022, 09:30:12 pm »
Elden Ring Perfect For Gamers Who Thought Dark Souls Was "Too Difficult," Says Producer

;D

They seem to have added lots of options for alternative play, summons seem useful in this regard.

The multiplayer aspect of Bloodborne was a massive help.

This looks superb doesn’t it? Feel bad for all the people that won’t touch these games because they have the patience of a 2 year old.

Take that's a sly dig at my post! They're also incredibly difficult mate, you can have all the patience in the world but they require a degree of skill that some people just don't have.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #692 on: January 25, 2022, 09:52:35 pm »

Take that's a sly dig at my post! They're also incredibly difficult mate, you can have all the patience in the world but they require a degree of skill that some people just don't have.

Haha no it wasn’t actually mate, you’ve conquered Bloodborne!  ;)

It was just a jokey way to say ‘git gud’ to those who don’t like these games after giving up after 5 minutes of playing them.

Online Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #693 on: January 26, 2022, 07:26:31 am »

Yep I can't really play 'Soulsborne' games single player, I've done the occasional boss but the stress levels are too much for me.

Will be playing exclusively co-op. A Shame Sekiro didn't have the option.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #694 on: January 26, 2022, 07:57:50 am »
Yep I can't really play 'Soulsborne' games single player, I've done the occasional boss but the stress levels are too much for me.

I've never played them multiplayer actually, Elden Ring might be the first time I give it a go.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #695 on: January 26, 2022, 10:58:43 pm »
Haha no it wasn’t actually mate, you’ve conquered Bloodborne!  ;)

It was just a jokey way to say ‘git gud’ to those who don’t like these games after giving up after 5 minutes of playing them.

Ha fair enough, yeah you need to know what you're getting in for with these games.

There's quite a few games coming out in Feb, but having re-watched some footage of this today it's definitely on my list.

I've never played them multiplayer actually, Elden Ring might be the first time I give it a go.

Really useful feature.

Online Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #696 on: January 28, 2022, 06:21:36 am »

TIL there's a Sekiro online mod, https://www.nexusmods.com/sekiro/mods/577?tab=posts&BH=3 ;D

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #697 on: February 2, 2022, 09:25:47 am »
Absolutely cannot wait. Have been playing through Dark Souls again in anticipation and man I fucking love this series

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #698 on: February 2, 2022, 11:28:15 am »
We are finally in the same month that Elden Ring comes out

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #699 on: February 2, 2022, 11:52:22 am »
Ive never played the game but bought DS3 last night. I do hope its good fun.

I was going to buy Skyrim, but DS3 caught my eye. Dont usually play rpg's but enjoyed W3 so much I bought GoW and liked that too. So here goes...
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #700 on: February 2, 2022, 12:05:48 pm »

I was going to buy Skyrim, but DS3 caught my eye. Dont usually play rpg's but enjoyed W3 so much I bought GoW and liked that too. So here goes...

If you're expecting an RPG you have another thing coming.
Souls games are an exercise in masochism wrapped in RPG decorative paper. :D
Thing of it as your personal purgatory rather than entertainment.

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #701 on: February 2, 2022, 12:18:51 pm »
Lol, I got that impression from the reviews. If its a fighting game, which it appears it may be, then yay...bring it on

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #702 on: February 2, 2022, 12:43:54 pm »

The game is still an RPG I would say, but it contains a lot of real time user skill and learning the rules in terms of reach, build, stamina, and overall patience. It is a hard game, and punishing, but fair - it is very rare you will die and it be from anything but your own mistake, and the aim is to iron out your mistakes, learn, overcome, and then on to the next challenge. If you have the patience it is extremely rewarding and much why these games are beloved.

My bit of advice is it is quite hard to jump in at DS3. The games got progressively much much quicker as time went on, and some of the things in the game are obtuse and real hard. However if you play the games in order, the gradual power creep isn't too bad - beating DS1 sets you up for DS2, and DS2 for Bloodborne and DS3.

Ironically while 3 is a lot harder, going through the game and gaining that mastery of the mechanics actually makes 3 actually a much easier game than jumping in at 1 if that makes sense.

Offline boots

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #703 on: February 2, 2022, 01:15:49 pm »
Well, if it helps Ive completed Doom Eternal on Nightmare. Although I nearly had a stroke from the intensity. Ive tried Ultra Nightmare but alas I died after about 20% and havent looked at it since. I still aim to do that at some point. But Im still pissed off at it.

I like hardish games that make you analyse why you failed and make you learn to overcome adversity.

All Ive done is buy, download and install. I ran out of time, so tonight will be my first game.

W3 had a nice plot and was easy going, same with GoW. Sometimes a nice easy game is fun. But a good bastard game is needed sometimes.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #704 on: February 2, 2022, 01:26:44 pm »
Well, if it helps Ive completed Doom Eternal on Nightmare. Although I nearly had a stroke from the intensity. Ive tried Ultra Nightmare but alas I died after about 20% and havent looked at it since. I still aim to do that at some point. But Im still pissed off at it.

I like hardish games that make you analyse why you failed and make you learn to overcome adversity.

All Ive done is buy, download and install. I ran out of time, so tonight will be my first game.

W3 had a nice plot and was easy going, same with GoW. Sometimes a nice easy game is fun. But a good bastard game is needed sometimes.

That is actually shocking a very good trade off, given that Doom Eternal is the closest you will get to a First Person Shooter Dark Souls.

I love Dark Souls lore and setting, even though it is buried deep. But yeah, the big big appeal is it's a bastard game which doesn't hold you hand, but makes you feel good for doing it

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #705 on: February 2, 2022, 02:04:29 pm »
I think 3 is also the best Dark Souls in terms of QOL additions over the course of the series, it doesn't have many infuriating mechanics and feels fair all the time. It's still a good place to jump in.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Online Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #706 on: February 8, 2022, 02:23:33 pm »
17 Days to go.

My mate and I have booked a week off work, if they pull a last minute delay I won't be best pleased.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #707 on: February 8, 2022, 03:06:46 pm »
I've only just clocked that Elden Ring is nothing to do with The Elder Scrolls.

Been looking for ages for a RPG to play.

Might have to pre-order this.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #708 on: February 12, 2022, 02:10:26 pm »
Saw some gameplay videos. Not sure how I feel about it honestly. Bouncy flying horse just looks weird and strange. Seems like the open world aspect of it plus the ability to climb will contribute to many ways to cheese your way through some battles. Will wait for reviews before I buy.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #709 on: February 12, 2022, 03:19:18 pm »
Saw some gameplay videos. Not sure how I feel about it honestly. Bouncy flying horse just looks weird and strange. Seems like the open world aspect of it plus the ability to climb will contribute to many ways to cheese your way through some battles. Will wait for reviews before I buy.
The early previews from this week are insanely positive.

About the horse... if you didn't have that, the game would be too hard in an open world setting with you easily losing a lot of progress due to silly deaths. They need to show they've moved on from DS1 ;D

Online Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #710 on: February 14, 2022, 04:10:27 pm »

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #711 on: February 15, 2022, 11:23:03 am »
9 days till release. We are in single digits now!

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #712 on: February 15, 2022, 12:33:50 pm »
Think I'm gonna get this and play along with the RAWK massive and have some in thread game-play discussions for once.

Played a good few of the "Soulsborne" games but never quite got around to finishing any of them.  Not a patience thing (Andy!), more of life annoyingly getting in the way.

I might make a huge effort to have a proper good go at this.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #713 on: February 15, 2022, 12:36:48 pm »
I finished DS1, DS3, Bloodborne and Sekiro in the last year-ish, its been a wild ride and I almost turned into Andy Bernard. But it was worth it.

In this gif Jim is my missus/cat
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 12:45:58 pm by OsirisMVZ »

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #714 on: February 15, 2022, 12:47:45 pm »
Think I'm gonna get this and play along with the RAWK massive and have some in thread game-play discussions for once.

Played a good few of the "Soulsborne" games but never quite got around to finishing any of them.  Not a patience thing (Andy!), more of life annoyingly getting in the way.

I might make a huge effort to have a proper good go at this.

Haha! It doesn't apply to you Pete, you actually give them a go and then quit  ;D

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #715 on: February 15, 2022, 12:56:26 pm »
Haha! It doesn't apply to you Pete, you actually give them a go and then quit  ;D

Mate I swear I have never felt levels of gaming euphoria quite like when I finally defeated Father Gascoigne in Bloodborne.

A huge highlight of my gaming career :)

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #716 on: February 15, 2022, 01:55:16 pm »
Right lads here we go.  Just loaded up Dark Souls remastered on me PS4.  All my past saves were on PS3 so I'm starting from fresh.

Done a bit of pre match googling and I'm going for a Cleric Knight build.  Starting class Cleric.

Deep Breath, couple of slaps across the face, flexes shoulder.  Lets do this.  Ornstein and Smough are fucking getting it this year.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #717 on: February 15, 2022, 03:31:46 pm »
Never tried any kind of magic builds in Sould games. Magic is cheating, always has been. :D Making them eat steel and shit razor blades is the only honorable way to go.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #718 on: February 15, 2022, 03:39:20 pm »
Never tried any kind of magic builds in Sould games. Magic is cheating, always has been. :D Making them eat steel and shit razor blades is the only honorable way to go.

I will not be shamed here  :)

I'm going to unleash flames on these fuckers.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #719 on: February 15, 2022, 04:10:16 pm »
I do wonder if I'm being boring as fuck booting up another Souls game and playing a generic knight lol.