Author Topic: Dark Souls & Dark Souls 2  (Read 65770 times)

Offline SuperScouse

• Anny Roader
  • Walk on through the wind
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #120 on: October 17, 2011, 12:13:31 pm »
The route towards the bell on top, which goes through the Taurus Demon, is the easier route.
Spoiler
You have to get on top and get rid of the two c*nts first, which I think you know. After that you can do one of the two, stack up on firebombs, trigger the demon and run back to climb up the ladder again, lock on and throw a fireball at him. Be careful because he will jump up, so step back a couple of times and throw another firebomb at him as soon as he jumps on the top, he pauses for a second as he gains the balance so you might get a chance to throw another firebomb on it. You have open space now so roll around and dodge the swings and jump down again. Climb back up again as he follows you down, rinse and repeat. The other thing you can do is when you go up, fall down with a piercing attack.
[close]

And fuck going down, I went down once and had my ass handed to me even with my tough weapon, shield and armour. I will clear the places on top first before I go down again.

Spoiler
Jumping from the top worked for me, only need to do it 3 or 4 times. Have to be careful he doesn't catch you on the ladder though
[close]

Also cheers for the tips, will keep them in mind. Itching to get home and take on that stupid metal pig now

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: October 17, 2011, 12:16:58 pm »
The route towards the bell on top, which goes through the Taurus Demon, is the easier route.
Spoiler
You have to get on top and get rid of the two c*nts first, which I think you know. After that you can do one of the two, stack up on firebombs, trigger the demon and run back to climb up the ladder again, lock on and throw a fireball at him. Be careful because he will jump up, so step back a couple of times and throw another firebomb at him as soon as he jumps on the top, he pauses for a second as he gains the balance so you might get a chance to throw another firebomb on it. You have open space now so roll around and dodge the swings and jump down again. Climb back up again as he follows you down, rinse and repeat. The other thing you can do is when you go up, fall down with a piercing attack.
[close]

And fuck going down, I went down once and had my ass handed to me even with my tough weapon, shield and armour. I will clear the places on top first before I go down again.

Cheers mate.

I already knew how to beat the Taurus Demon however I did forgot about the plunging stab so nice one for that.

Would rather make it a challenge and go at him one on one on the bridge, I know you can roll between his legs if you time it right so will just get behind him and toss a few firebombs his way.

Also, is there a knight at the bottom of one of the staircases in the Undead Burg? Heard about it but don't want to randomly run into the fucker.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: October 17, 2011, 01:05:36 pm »
yeah there's a big fat twat down some stairs, you need to unlock the door in the tower where you go up to the taurus demon can't remember what key you need or where to get it, if you decide to take him on try luring him up the stairs first as it's easier to get back your souls if he kills you

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: October 17, 2011, 01:13:46 pm »
I've cleared the Depths and
Spoiler
Found the key to the Blightown which resembles the cesspool of Demon's Souls and I am fucking hating it so I got out in open air and went to the garden. I might do some soul farming as well because those big stone knights aren't so tough and give loads of souls. I also got that lizard with a few fire arrows and it dropped a good loot. I haven't gotten to the Butterfly yet because the enemies that come before it keep bogging me down. I am also planning to kill the Undead Dragon but might need a few hundred arrows to do it the easy way. So I am planning on stacking up some arrows.

About the Catacombs, another fucked up place, and those skeletons keep respawning. I've asked a mate and he has advised to get a Divine weapon for them, so I will also need to do some farming to get a winged spear or a big fuck off sword as a Divine weapon for them.

Also went back to the Undead Asylum again and killed the Black Knights rather easily.but the Stray Demon looks considerable stronger this time and I have not come up with a good way to get rid of it. Might do that first before I take care of the other stuff.
[close]

Needless to say, this game is absolutely brilliant despite its gloomy and depressing environment.

the butterfly is in the area with the giant stone knights, you can get to it with only having to fight 1 or 2 of them

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #124 on: October 17, 2011, 01:15:54 pm »
yeah there's a big fat twat down some stairs, you need to unlock the door in the tower where you go up to the taurus demon can't remember what key you need or where to get it, if you decide to take him on try luring him up the stairs first as it's easier to get back your souls if he kills you

Spoiler

There are two ways to kill the twat with the big hammer, either time the rolls perfectly and hope he doesn't glitch fuck you, which happened to me once, and stab him in the back because he is a little slow to turn. Or go the way I went about it, strengthen the shield and absorb his strikes. I mauled him that way. Back stab after back stab. Fucking c*nt... drops a good ring though, Havel ring I think. Also killed Lautrec because he holds a decent ring as well.

[close]

Cleared the Depths yet? There are a couple of decent shortcuts if you want to know.

Spoiler
There is a soul ray thrower in the Depths that scared me to no ends. I went up to it and it danced as if it was alive and mocked me. The hair on my neck and back raised as if I've seen a real ghost. Surreal...
[close]

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: October 17, 2011, 01:22:52 pm »
Spoiler

There are two ways to kill the twat with the big hammer, either time the rolls perfectly and hope he doesn't glitch fuck you, which happened to me once, and stab him in the back because he is a little slow to turn. Or go the way I went about it, strengthen the shield and absorb his strikes. I mauled him that way. Back stab after back stab. Fucking c*nt... drops a good ring though, Havel ring I think. Also killed Lautrec because he holds a decent ring as well.

[close]

Cleared the Depths yet? There are a couple of decent shortcuts if you want to know.

Spoiler
There is a soul ray thrower in the Depths that scared me to no ends. I went up to it and it danced as if it was alive and mocked me. The hair on my neck and back raised as if I've seen a real ghost. Surreal...
[close]

think so, i beat the gaping dragon a few days ago which is a pretty easy fight if you take your time

i've not really gone anywhere else since then just concentrated of farming souls and weapon upgrades, might have a few hours this afternoon

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #126 on: October 17, 2011, 09:55:43 pm »
Yeah I killed the gaping dragon today. Then thought I would try and take care of that Hydra thing  ::)
Bad idea, whats the deal with that thing? Do you have to have a ring from the Undead Asylum to kill it?
Dont know where to go next? And for the love of God, how do I get those lightning spears to throw at things  :D

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #127 on: October 17, 2011, 10:16:37 pm »
the butterfly is in the area with the giant stone knights, you can get to it with only having to fight 1 or 2 of them

Got rid of the Butterfly, any idea what to do with the soul? Better to just consume it or does it help make a great weapon?

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #128 on: October 18, 2011, 01:22:46 am »
Yeah I killed the gaping dragon today. Then thought I would try and take care of that Hydra thing  ::)
Bad idea, whats the deal with that thing? Do you have to have a ring from the Undead Asylum to kill it?
Dont know where to go next? And for the love of God, how do I get those lightning spears to throw at things  :D
You mean the hydra in the Darkroot Basin or the hard one later on at Ash Lake?  The first one is easy if you get your tactics right.   But if you mean the later one, then I'm not that far yet.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: October 18, 2011, 01:37:56 am »
You mean the hydra in the Darkroot Basin or the hard one later on at Ash Lake?  The first one is easy if you get your tactics right.   But if you mean the later one, then I'm not that far yet.

Yeah the first one mate...I saw a vid where you go up and fight it at the edge of the water which looked ok...but it said to kill it without ranged attacks you had to get the Iron ring, then run into the water when you chopped all its heads off to finish it off..?

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #130 on: October 18, 2011, 01:49:43 am »
I wouldn't bother with the ring, mate.  I've got it now, but didn't have when I fought the Hyrdra.  The water's so shallow that your movement shouldn't really be affected.

Spoiler
Kill off those crystal gollums first so you get a clear run at it.  Then head over to the far right of the lake next to the rocky outcrop and stand where the water meets the shore.  If you look in the water you can see the point where the land end and there's a sheer drop to your death, so keep an eye on that.  Now all you have to do is block with a shield that absorbs 100% of physical damage.  He won't use his water jets on you that close, he'll just pile in with all his heads for you to block and then mop up the pieces while they're stuck in the ground.  A bit of patience later and you should have beaten him without taking a hit.
[close]
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: October 18, 2011, 01:52:21 am »
I wouldn't bother with the ring, mate.  I've got it now, but didn't have when I fought the Hyrdra.  The water's so shallow that your movement shouldn't really be affected.

Spoiler
Kill off those crystal gollums first so you get a clear run at it.  Then head over to the far right of the lake next to the rocky outcrop and stand where the water meets the shore.  If you look in the water you can see the point where the land end and there's a sheer drop to your death, so keep an eye on that.  Now all you have to do is block with a shield that absorbs 100% of physical damage.  He won't use his water jets on you that close, he'll just pile in with all his heads for you to block and then mop up the pieces while they're stuck in the ground.  A bit of patience later and you should have beaten him without taking a hit.
[close]

Ah ok, will try that tomorrow so. Cheers  :wave

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: October 18, 2011, 05:52:28 am »
Got rid of the Butterfly, any idea what to do with the soul? Better to just consume it or does it help make a great weapon?

You can use it to upgrade a spear, think there's a shield upgrade with it as well, no idea if they're any good but think you need them if you're a trophy whore

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #133 on: October 18, 2011, 12:22:19 pm »
You can use it to upgrade a spear, think there's a shield upgrade with it as well, no idea if they're any good but think you need them if you're a trophy whore

Not a trophy hunter at all, it becomes a chore most of the times, and while I do like to collect things, I don't worry too much about it.

Couple of updates, killed the Undead Dragon and got a dragon scale. Thinking about upgrading the Drake Sword but I need some souls for it. Back to farming the souls, upgrading the Winged Spear to +5 and converting it to the Divine weapon and then to the Catacombs. The game is getting interesting.

Might clean up the Depths still, think there might be some loot I've missed on.

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: October 18, 2011, 07:13:17 pm »
Not a trophy hunter at all, it becomes a chore most of the times, and while I do like to collect things, I don't worry too much about it.

Couple of updates, killed the Undead Dragon and got a dragon scale. Thinking about upgrading the Drake Sword but I need some souls for it. Back to farming the souls, upgrading the Winged Spear to +5 and converting it to the Divine weapon and then to the Catacombs. The game is getting interesting.

Might clean up the Depths still, think there might be some loot I've missed on.

Did you get this in the Depths? http://darksouls.wikidot.com/ring-of-the-evil-eye Its great  ;D

I have a winged spear +3 at the moment, what do you need to convert  it to the Divine weapon, do you know? Cheers.

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #135 on: October 18, 2011, 07:20:18 pm »
Anyone been back to the Undead Asylum yet?

Spoiler
I beat the Stray Demon at SL 23. Absolute piece of piss. Did it damageless and he has a fuckton of health. First time I faced him tho it was a massacre. You'll see why ;D

That dieing dude who gave you the Estus Flask attacks you aswell. He's pretty tough. Couple of those big knights there aswell, and a ring that gives you better footing in swamps that I assume will be a god send at some point.
[close]

Only just rang the first bell. I've killed the big dragon in the Valley of the Drakes and everything in the Darkroot Garden. Gonna try and kill the Red Dragon and then progress the story a bit.
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #136 on: October 18, 2011, 07:23:58 pm »

Spoiler
I beat the Stray Demon at SL 23. Absolute piece of piss. Did it damageless and he has a fuckton of health. First time I faced him tho it was a massacre. You'll see why ;D

That dieing dude who gave you the Estus Flask attacks you aswell. He's pretty tough. Couple of those big knights there aswell, and a ring that gives you better footing in swamps that I assume will be a god send at some point.
[close]

Only just rang the first bell. I've killed the big dragon in the Valley of the Drakes and everything in the Darkroot Garden. Gonna try and kill the Red Dragon and then progress the story a bit.
I went there and battered all the Black Knights but the Stray Demon owns me before I can move.  I need a serious rethink before I head back again.

Spoiler
You can kill the Red Dragon with one arrow by the way.
[close]

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #137 on: October 18, 2011, 09:29:25 pm »
Did you get this in the Depths? http://darksouls.wikidot.com/ring-of-the-evil-eye Its great  ;D

I have a winged spear +3 at the moment, what do you need to convert  it to the Divine weapon, do you know? Cheers.

You need two things, Divine Ember found in Darkroot Garden past the Butterfly boss. Take the Ember to the Blacksmith and Green Titanite, you will have the Divine weapon.

Although, I will recommend that you convert a secondary weapon to divine because the damage number comes down a bit. So I've got the Halberd +6 as primary, Drake Sword +1 as secondary, I've got Winged Spear at +5 and need a Green Titanite to convert it to Divine. I also have a Twinkling Titanite so I might convert my Black Knight Sword to +1 and use it to kill some slow moving c*nts.

Don't have the ring so must have missed it. I am going to the Depths again anyways to find some Green Titanite.

Just finished the Stray Demon again, he better stay killed this time around.

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: October 18, 2011, 09:48:36 pm »
You need two things, Divine Ember found in Darkroot Garden past the Butterfly boss. Take the Ember to the Blacksmith and Green Titanite, you will have the Divine weapon.

Although, I will recommend that you convert a secondary weapon to divine because the damage number comes down a bit. So I've got the Halberd +6 as primary, Drake Sword +1 as secondary, I've got Winged Spear at +5 and need a Green Titanite to convert it to Divine. I also have a Twinkling Titanite so I might convert my Black Knight Sword to +1 and use it to kill some slow moving c*nts.

Don't have the ring so must have missed it. I am going to the Depths again anyways to find some Green Titanite.

Just finished the Stray Demon again, he better stay killed this time around.

Ok Cheers, for that.

The ring is found on a body near the large rats and frog things I think. Its great for blasting thru' undead without worring about getting a couple of hits.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #139 on: October 20, 2011, 03:02:36 pm »
Couple of updates:

1. Went through the Darkroot Basin, killed the Black Knight, got the lizard, and killed Hydra. Seemed difficult at first but once I figured out its moves, became pretty easy. The Black Knights don't scare me much since I've become a 'tank' character with Elite Knight Armour and the big fuck off sword upgrade to +1.

2. Ended up at the Valley of Drakes and saw around 5-6 on and around a bridge and they don't seem to follow me if I try to separate them apart. Might try the easier route of shooting arrows at them from far.

3. Been trying to not go to the Depths again (hate tight sewers) but I think I have no choice but to go there.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #140 on: October 20, 2011, 05:31:02 pm »
3. Been trying to not go to the Depths again (hate tight sewers) but I think I have no choice but to go there.
Is there something there that you need?  You only really need to go there to kill the Gaping Dragon and to farm humanity.  Oh and I think there's a decent ring in there somewhere, but I'm buggered if I'm going hunting round the place.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #141 on: October 21, 2011, 11:49:00 am »
Is there something there that you need?  You only really need to go there to kill the Gaping Dragon and to farm humanity.  Oh and I think there's a decent ring in there somewhere, but I'm buggered if I'm going hunting round the place.

I needed to farm for some Green Titanite and Humanity so I could own the c*nts in the Catacombs, which I've done.

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: October 25, 2011, 06:34:48 pm »
What is it about this game, that it can piss you off so much, yet keep you crawling back for more  :rollseyes

:D

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: November 2, 2011, 03:52:39 pm »
So I joined that forest covenant thing last night, so dose this mean I cant, or shouldnt, attack the fellas in the forest that were attacking me before, but not now? I wanted to level up by soul farming them.

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: November 2, 2011, 07:13:41 pm »
equip the ring the cat thing gives you, whenever someone goes into that area you can be summoned to attack them, you get a random shard for defeating any trespassers & the cat gives you a reward after your fist & third victories

if you want to be able to farm souls in there again attack the cat or any of the npc's, there's also a bug where if one of them falls off the cliff you get thrown out of the covenant and they start attacking you again, to get back in the covenant you need to absolve your sins with the guy at the bell tower

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: November 3, 2011, 04:30:11 pm »
equip the ring the cat thing gives you, whenever someone goes into that area you can be summoned to attack them, you get a random shard for defeating any trespassers & the cat gives you a reward after your fist & third victories

if you want to be able to farm souls in there again attack the cat or any of the npc's, there's also a bug where if one of them falls off the cliff you get thrown out of the covenant and they start attacking you again, to get back in the covenant you need to absolve your sins with the guy at the bell tower

I see, thanks for that.
I moved the guy down to blight town as I heard about that glitch alright. So I think that should be ok now.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #146 on: November 21, 2011, 11:58:16 am »
On my NG++ now and owning everyone pretty much. This is fun when with all the spells, +15 weapons and pyromancy. ;)

Might put it aside now and get Skyrim.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: March 23, 2012, 11:12:17 am »
Right bought this battlefield and skyrim at the same time and for some reason this got put back.  Now im on it I cant leave the fuckin thing alone!!  Rang the 1st bell now and now ive done it I know I have to ring the next in the depths but havent a clue where Im meant to go.  Is it through Blighttown, or in the catacombs or in the section with the ghosts when you go down the lift at the firelinkshrine?

Spoiler
Been exploring most places a bit and killed the hydra, the butterfly and the demon where you go downstairs in the undead burg.  Got a load of keys aswell but not sure where for yet.  Got the drakesword but havent killed the red dragon aswell.  PLaying as a pyromancer
[close]

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: March 23, 2012, 11:13:09 am »
Coming to the PC apparently.

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: March 23, 2012, 02:26:06 pm »
Right bought this battlefield and skyrim at the same time and for some reason this got put back.  Now im on it I cant leave the fuckin thing alone!!  Rang the 1st bell now and now ive done it I know I have to ring the next in the depths but havent a clue where Im meant to go.  Is it through Blighttown, or in the catacombs or in the section with the ghosts when you go down the lift at the firelinkshrine?

Spoiler
Been exploring most places a bit and killed the hydra, the butterfly and the demon where you go downstairs in the undead burg.  Got a load of keys aswell but not sure where for yet.  Got the drakesword but havent killed the red dragon aswell.  PLaying as a pyromancer
[close]

you need to get to the bottom of blighttown and cross a poison swamp to get to queelag's domain, there's a boss in there and the 2nd bell

Spoiler
if you have the master key the easiest way is to go down the lift at firelink shrine to new londo ruins, after going down the stairs keep to the right and there's a gate you can open that leads to valley of the drakes, think the entrance to blighttown is across the bridge, if you haven't got the key you can go through valley of the drakes to get there, just go left after killing the first drake, there's another drake & an undead dragon, you can also enter blighttown through the depths but it's a lot harder to work your way to the bottom from there
[close]

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: March 23, 2012, 05:37:30 pm »
you need to get to the bottom of blighttown and cross a poison swamp to get to queelag's domain, there's a boss in there and the 2nd bell

Spoiler
if you have the master key the easiest way is to go down the lift at firelink shrine to new londo ruins, after going down the stairs keep to the right and there's a gate you can open that leads to valley of the drakes, think the entrance to blighttown is across the bridge, if you haven't got the key you can go through valley of the drakes to get there, just go left after killing the first drake, there's another drake & an undead dragon, you can also enter blighttown through the depths but it's a lot harder to work your way to the bottom from there
[close]

Right I know that way down to blighttown. Only problem is I've already gone down the catacombs and I'm too far down to get back! Or when i tried i couldnt get back. Just killed pinwheel which was easy enough. Now just need to figure out where from here. Went into the tomb of the giants and got hit in the pitch black. Need a break for a few hours here cos however mad it makes me I need to carry on. Not good for the OCD and competitive personalities this game!!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 05:50:10 pm by macca007 »

Offline JonnyDubb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #151 on: March 24, 2012, 06:25:44 am »
Get the hell out of there! You're literally gonna hit a brick wall.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: March 24, 2012, 10:45:35 am »
Get the hell out of there! You're literally gonna hit a brick wall.

managed to do it and been to blighttown and queelag is no more!

Offline JonnyDubb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #153 on: April 25, 2012, 10:39:16 pm »
Trailer for the PC version. Hope this comes as DLC for the consoles.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jzSqBfPQIEk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/jzSqBfPQIEk</a>

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #154 on: April 26, 2012, 01:01:28 am »
Turning into a bit of a joke this port. Latest thing I've heard is it will be capped at 30fps...on PC!!

Add the devs saying 'Use a controller' over taking 5 minutes to make keyboard and mouse work like they should, no mention of upscaling and advanced graphics options and of course... GFWL and this is turning into a major let down.  Can't imagine it'll sell well either given the lack of effort perceived by us hardcore PC users, who will most probably give it a swerve after calling for it to be ported. Games that make an effort on this platform sell very well indeed, The Witcher 2, total war, Blizzard titles, so put the effort in and the rewards would be high sales. If the game is as bad as it sounds, it will sell shitty and Namco will say 'ah that's why we didn't port it from the start'.

Sounds as though they're focusing on adding this new content instead of making it a good PC platform title.

meh
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: April 26, 2012, 03:00:18 am »
to be honest it's a game that suits a controller more than mouse/keyboard

one stick for movement (movement is pressure sensitive so you can sneak up on enemies and stab them in the back) and the other for the camera/locking on & switching target when locked on, left shoulder has one button for blocking and the other for shield bash/parry depending on what type of shield you use, right shoulder buttons for normal & heavy attacks with melee weapons, the shoulder buttons are also used for firing/zooming ranged weapons or magic/miracles/pyromancies, one button for sprint/dodge, one for using quick items, one for switching between 1 handed & 2 handed grip on weapon and the other is for actions like picking items up, opening doors etc

on the d-pad left switches left hand equipment and right switches the right hand, up switches magic/miracles/pyromancies & down switches quick items, up & down also zoom in & out when zooming with a bow

it might just be me (racked up over 400 hours between demon's souls & dark souls) being used to the controls but it just seems too fiddly using a mouse & keyboard especially in the boss battles

the lack of graphics options, capped frame rate & the fact is uses GFWL are all bad decisions though and seem to me like they're taking the easy way out (don't they'd even have bothered for pc if it wasn't for the online petition) i just hope they release the extra content as dlc for the console versions

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #156 on: April 26, 2012, 03:29:07 pm »
I so wish I could have loved this but I hated it, disappointed. Maybe I built it up too much beforehand. Everyone I spoke to had such brilliant stories about playing it, made it sound immense. However, when I got on there, it just didn't click with me. I can see why it would appeal, but I prefer other RPGs. The graphics were poor (obviously no the only yardstick I measure games by), the fighting was clunky and it wasn't that difficult, just repetitive. It's a shame because everyone seems to love it. Out of all the people I've spoken to about the game, I'm in a very small majority of players who just couldn't get a long with it. Maybe I've been babied by Mass Effect and Skyrim too much.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: October 23, 2012, 02:34:28 am »
Started playing this at the weekend.

Great game. Just so happy the internet exists though otherwise I wouldn't of lasted a day.
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline High_Cotton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: October 23, 2012, 07:00:00 pm »
Started playing this at the weekend.

Great game. Just so happy the internet exists though otherwise I wouldn't of lasted a day.

The internet giveth, and the internet taketh away!

What area are you in, and what soul level are you?  Never a bad time for an invasion!

Oh, and if you're on PS3, you should check out Demon's Souls as well.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: October 24, 2012, 02:15:57 am »
Can't remember the level. Quite a lot. I tried to get my endurance up so I could wear better armour. I haven't played since Sunday afternoon.

I just done the bloke with the 2 dogs.
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.