Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 386165 times)

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #80 on: November 2, 2010, 06:01:24 am »
Went looking for the full version of that song. Epic beard is epic.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/je1MNYcAFr8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/je1MNYcAFr8</a>

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Myshkin

• Kopite
« Reply #81 on: November 2, 2010, 10:08:35 am »
If you want awesome title sequences, just go to Digital Kitchen, they're the best I've seen. They did True Blood, Dexter, House, Six Feet Under, Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me, etc. They always capture the mood of shows and are consistently good.

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: November 2, 2010, 12:18:34 pm »
I liked him in that Christmas film where he was trying to bang kyra sedgewick

Not to be pedantic, but it was Keira Knightley ;-)

Anyway, watched this last night and was seriously impressed. Lincoln's accent wobbled from time to time but he was excellent and I thought Lennie James was great too.

Atmospheric, ridiculously gory and really bloody scary at times, it was one of the best pilots I've seen in ages. Hope they can keep up the quality through the whole series. Never read the comics so I don't know how faithful it is to the source material.

Another winner for AMC following Mad Men and Breaking Bad. US cable channels certainly know how to make some cracking TV.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #83 on: November 2, 2010, 12:20:11 pm »
US cable channels certainly know how to make some cracking TV.

Pah. Have they got Downton Abbey? No. No they have not.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #84 on: November 2, 2010, 12:25:33 pm »
Not to be pedantic, but it was Keira Knightley ;-)

Yeah, her too :P

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: November 2, 2010, 04:55:59 pm »
Pah. Have they got Downton Abbey? No. No they have not.

I'd pay to watch a crossover of The Walking Dead and Downton though...

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: November 2, 2010, 05:13:55 pm »
I'd pay to watch a crossover of The Walking Dead and Downton though...

You could pay to read it...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1594743347?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: November 2, 2010, 07:28:55 pm »
Finally seen it and yes, it's fantastic. Surprised at the few departures from the comic, but they were all positive. As I said earlier I'm not a big fan of the comic as Kirkland's writing is dreadful most of the time and his pacing is utter shit, but they really built on his structure for this and I got a real 'Western' vibe off a lot of the scenes. Loved the way they established the tone for the show in the first scene - no music or fancy camera moves, just shoot a little girl in the face. Easily the best pilot since Lost (or maybe Boardwalk Empire?), dying to see the next one right now as that was brilliant cliffhanger. Pleased to see it got very impressive ratings so a second series is all but assured.

I really wish Lenny James was playing Tyrese instead, the guy is a class act and it's a shame we won't see more of him. Loads of great moments and some of them were really powerful, the half zombie reaching up at Rick was surprisingly poignant, and the rest of the emotional moments, like Lenny James' last scene were really well handled.

The whole last ten minutes in the city were just amazing, when he turned the corner into a huge crowd of zombies I think I actually said, "oh fuck" out loud, then the tank scene, I don't think I've ever been so worried about a protagonist who is obviously going to survive. The moment where he noticed the hatch was brilliantly paced and shot.

I still get irrationally wound up by CGI blood squibs though, it just doesn't work, and this was no exception. I hope the rather lame love triangle thing plays itself out as quickly in the comics as well. But apart from that it was perfect.

And the horse was ok, right? :(

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: November 2, 2010, 07:37:12 pm »
If by okay you mean completely devoured, then yes.

And someone earlier in the thread said a second series has already been comissioned. So we'll get at least 12 episodes./

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #89 on: November 2, 2010, 07:42:10 pm »
Finally seen it and yes, it's fantastic. Surprised at the few departures from the comic, but they were all positive. As I said earlier I'm not a big fan of the comic as Kirkland's writing is dreadful most of the time and his pacing is utter shit, but they really built on his structure for this and I got a real 'Western' vibe off a lot of the scenes. Loved the way they established the tone for the show in the first scene - no music or fancy camera moves, just shoot a little girl in the face. Easily the best pilot since Lost (or maybe Boardwalk Empire?), dying to see the next one right now as that was brilliant cliffhanger. Pleased to see it got very impressive ratings so a second series is all but assured.

I really wish Lenny James was playing Tyrese instead, the guy is a class act and it's a shame we won't see more of him. Loads of great moments and some of them were really powerful, the half zombie reaching up at Rick was surprisingly poignant, and the rest of the emotional moments, like Lenny James' last scene were really well handled.

The whole last ten minutes in the city were just amazing, when he turned the corner into a huge crowd of zombies I think I actually said, "oh fuck" out loud, then the tank scene, I don't think I've ever been so worried about a protagonist who is obviously going to survive. The moment where he noticed the hatch was brilliantly paced and shot.

I still get irrationally wound up by CGI blood squibs though, it just doesn't work, and this was no exception. I hope the rather lame love triangle thing plays itself out as quickly in the comics as well. But apart from that it was perfect.

And the horse was ok, right? :(

Pretty much a longer version of what I said the other day. ;)

Getting the feel right was essential, and it's spot on. But the best thing for me is how you actually care about the characters already, and that's worth it's weight in gold. To get that part right so early on is what makes a show, and you already empathise with those you've met, and that's only a handful of people.

Massively looking forward to this every week now.

And uh......no......I'm guessing the horse wasn't alright, judging by the 30 or so zombies eating it's guts out at the end. ;D
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: November 2, 2010, 07:46:25 pm »
If by okay you mean completely devoured, then yes.

And someone earlier in the thread said a second series has already been comissioned. So we'll get at least 12 episodes./

Excellent, I think I know exactly where they'll end this series for an excellent cliffhanger

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: November 2, 2010, 07:48:20 pm »
Excellent, I think I know exactly where they'll end this series for an excellent cliffhanger

Did this epsiode cover one issue or is it not that clean cut?

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #92 on: November 2, 2010, 07:49:00 pm »

Haha, I thought that too

I knew he had to be okay as he is a main character but I was still thinking 'How the fuck is he going to escape here?!' and it had me nervous for a minute!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: November 2, 2010, 07:55:20 pm »
Did this epsiode cover one issue or is it not that clean cut?

I'm not sure as I read a mixture of trades and single issues, a couple of years ago now, I think the first trade ended with the tank scene.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: November 2, 2010, 08:27:49 pm »
Pretty much a longer version of what I said the other day. ;)

Getting the feel right was essential, and it's spot on. But the best thing for me is how you actually care about the characters already, and that's worth it's weight in gold. To get that part right so early on is what makes a show, and you already empathise with those you've met, and that's only a handful of people.

Massively looking forward to this every week now.

And uh......no......I'm guessing the horse wasn't alright, judging by the 30 or so zombies eating it's guts out at the end. ;D

That poor horse...

That's very true about making us care about the characters and they did it brilliantly. Next weeks is going to be a bit different with the introduction of a large group but I already have a lot of faith in this and with Darabont.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: November 2, 2010, 09:29:06 pm »
I'm not sure as I read a mixture of trades and single issues, a couple of years ago now, I think the first trade ended with the tank scene.
The whole tank thing wasn't in the comics, I'm fairly certain. I think the first issue ended as Rick left the police station, with the second issue picking off from there and starts when he finds the horse in the barn so episodes certainly aren't going by the issue. A good reason why I think there are only 6 episodes is because fairly early into the comic the season changes into winter, so I reckon they'll start shooting for those scenes somewhere with lots of snow in the coming winter months.

Offline Ginamos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: November 2, 2010, 09:40:37 pm »
The whole tank thing wasn't in the comics, I'm fairly certain. I think the first issue ended as Rick left the police station, with the second issue picking off from there and starts when he finds the horse in the barn so episodes certainly aren't going by the issue. A good reason why I think there are only 6 episodes is because fairly early into the comic the season changes into winter, so I reckon they'll start shooting for those scenes somewhere with lots of snow in the coming winter months.

Yes you're right there's no tank and police station scenes are at the end of issue one.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: November 2, 2010, 09:57:29 pm »

I really wish Lenny James was playing Tyrese instead, the guy is a class act and it's a shame we won't see more of him.

I've been wondering about that as he's not even listed on the TWD IMDB page. His scenes nd his performance were the most powerful for me and what really made that pilot so good. Whilst the Shane and Lori bit was weak by comparison but we're obviously going to get a lot of them two.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: November 2, 2010, 10:25:35 pm »
[/size]
[/size]

The tank scene wasn't in it at all? I could of sworn it was in there, how does Glenn find him again?  :o  It has been at least three years since I read it so I can't remember a lot of it.

If they are sticking to the comics basic plotline then winter is coming pretty soon I think...

Spoiler
Next weeks will be Glenn and Rick going back into the city and introducing the group, then what comes next? His son kills a zombie, Shane is killed, they do the zombie scent thing, then it's winter. The group move on and find the prison and the Governor, that's where I reckon they'll end the series.
[close]
« Last Edit: November 2, 2010, 10:29:34 pm by Rusty Oysterburger »

Offline Degs

• sy's midnight runners.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: November 2, 2010, 11:12:07 pm »
Amazing.

Offline Ginamos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: November 2, 2010, 11:15:30 pm »
The tank scene wasn't in it at all? I could of sworn it was in there, how does Glenn find him again?  :o  It has been at least three years since I read it so I can't remember a lot of it.

Spoiler
He gets attacked, loses the horse, runs down an alley, Glenn then grabs him and they escape over the rooftops.
[close]

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: November 2, 2010, 11:16:11 pm »
[/size]

If they are sticking to the comics basic plotline then winter is coming pretty soon I think...

Spoiler
Next weeks will be Glenn and Rick going back into the city and introducing the group, then what comes next? His son kills a zombie, Shane is killed, they do the zombie scent thing, then it's winter. The group move on and find the prison and the Governor, that's where I reckon they'll end the series.
[close]

Nope. The tank wasn't there at all. Glen bumps into Rick as he's trying to evade the zombies after he falls off the horse. They scurry down an alley and up a fire escape. I've seen a sneak peek at next week's episode, and that happens, but differently. Same goes for the other thing you mentioned in the spoiler. That's in next week's episode too, but it happens in a different way. I don't think Rick will be reunited with his family until the 3rd episode or maybe at the end of the next one, so I can see them stretching things out a bit until winter hits.

Spoiler
I doubt they'll find the prison just yet. Remember, they find a residential area and plan to move into it until they find out it's infested with zombies, then they find the farm and more characters are introduced. The prison and the Governor probably won't be until well into the second season if you discount that 6 episodes can't be considered a full season that is.
[close]

Offline Degs

• sy's midnight runners.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: November 2, 2010, 11:19:38 pm »
Don't mean to be rude and I know you're trying to keep it in spoilers so I'll say it once, stop telling me what happens, I haven't read the comics and I doubt most here have.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: November 3, 2010, 12:20:15 am »
Don't mean to be rude and I know you're trying to keep it in spoilers so I'll say it once, stop telling me what happens, I haven't read the comics and I doubt most here have.
Sorry, Degs. I thought I might have needed to spoiler that sentence, but it's really not giving too much away. Honestly. I'll be sure to spoiler anything like that in future.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #104 on: November 4, 2010, 01:53:15 pm »
Links to download Season 1, Episode 1

RMVB File - 202MB (includes subtitles in Portuguese)
Megaupload http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K3QXX843

AVI File - 549MB (without subtitles)
Megaupload http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QRXC5EKZ

Further links included here http://clubedodownload.info/baixar/the-walking-dead-1-temporada
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline all_funkt_up

• ....the valentino of the boards... really knows how to treat a lady.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget. Never Buy the Sun.
    • The Daily Punt
« Reply #105 on: November 5, 2010, 12:41:36 pm »
I have watched episode one so far and I was impressed. Andrew Lincoln's American accent is class, a little un nerving to hear Egg speak like that...

Spot on, cant wait for episode two
Roy. Shut up. Just shut up.

Betting Banter and Stuff

http://thedailypunt.com/forum/

"Zlatan was released by Ajax because of his fucking attitude. Released by Juve cos just not good enough to play alongside Trezeguet.
He won't score or make an assist at

Offline ianfb25

• Legacy Fan
  • KK7
« Reply #106 on: November 6, 2010, 03:26:18 pm »
I thought thwat was superb, fantastic pilot that. Cant wait for the next one.

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #107 on: November 6, 2010, 11:57:28 pm »
Can't believe they showed it on FX with no ad breaks., was gagging for a piss by the end of it. :D

Cracking start though.
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline ollyfrom.tv

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #108 on: November 7, 2010, 11:21:01 am »
Can't believe they showed it on FX with no ad breaks., was gagging for a piss by the end of it. :D

Cracking start though.

No adverts amazed me.
Usualy have an advert break on all satellite channels before the opening credits finish.
Great start. Looks like its gonna be a cracking series.

Offline -Nay-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: November 8, 2010, 11:14:18 am »
second episode was also brilliant :D

Offline Alucard

• Tnuoc
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: November 8, 2010, 01:41:59 pm »
It's about time something like this came along. Was in the mood for a current zombie click after the Dawn of the Dead special last week, this is probably the next best thing. Should be interesting to see where this goes as I have not read the comics.
Good to see FX went with no ads, I don't think it'll be a regular thing though.

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #111 on: November 8, 2010, 05:53:24 pm »
Good to see FX went with no ads, I don't think it'll be a regular thing though.

I hope not, my bladder isn't strong enough. :P
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: November 8, 2010, 07:12:37 pm »
Another amazing episode. Word of warning to anyone wanting to watch it later: make sure you're not eating your tea. It's not called "Guts" for nothing.

Offline ianfb25

• Legacy Fan
  • KK7
« Reply #113 on: November 8, 2010, 07:34:51 pm »
Probably tomorrow night for me. Looking forward to it.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: November 8, 2010, 08:03:12 pm »
Really good stuff again. Edge of the seat for most of it.

Spoiler
Did anyone else notice what looked like a continuity error? T-dog, was down cutting up the zombies with everyone else, but when they cut back to the roof, it was as though he hadn't left.
[close]

Not crazy about the cast though to be honest. It all seems a bit one note, nothing coming close to the heft of Lenny James performance in the pilot.

Online fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: November 8, 2010, 08:46:12 pm »
Just watched the first two episodes and the pilot was rock solid while the second was decent. Definitely one to keep an eye on and interesting to see my home town for now Atlanta crawling with zombies.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline shambles

• Kopite
  • It's not easy being green
« Reply #116 on: November 8, 2010, 08:48:07 pm »
Really good stuff again. Edge of the seat for most of it.

Spoiler
Did anyone else notice what looked like a continuity error? T-dog, was down cutting up the zombies with everyone else, but when they cut back to the roof, it was as though he hadn't left.
[close]

Not crazy about the cast though to be honest. It all seems a bit one note, nothing coming close to the heft of Lenny James performance in the pilot.

Yeah I noticed that, thought it was a bit weird.
I'm not as crazy about it so far as everyone else, it's decent but not as amazing as I expected. Seems a bit formulaic and obvious at times and not wowed by any of the cast.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: November 8, 2010, 08:52:11 pm »
I wouldn't be disappointed with any of the cast getting eaten really. Expect maybe the sheriff and the asian bloke.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: November 8, 2010, 10:40:02 pm »
I wouldn't be disappointed with any of the cast getting eaten really.

That's kind of what it feels like actually. The token black, asian and Mexican characters that are there only to get eaten later on in the movie.

Offline all_funkt_up

• ....the valentino of the boards... really knows how to treat a lady.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget. Never Buy the Sun.
    • The Daily Punt
« Reply #119 on: November 9, 2010, 12:44:40 am »
Just watched episode two tonight, great stuff!
Roy. Shut up. Just shut up.

Betting Banter and Stuff

http://thedailypunt.com/forum/

"Zlatan was released by Ajax because of his fucking attitude. Released by Juve cos just not good enough to play alongside Trezeguet.
He won't score or make an assist at