Author Topic: The Aussie Thread  (Read 329996 times)

Offline pepe_carra_stevie_nando

• Legacy Fan
Re: The Aussie Thread
« Reply #160 on: February 16, 2009, 10:02:03 am »
I see the Greeks are now influencing the natives, the lad in the middle is a good mover though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-MucVWo-Pw

:lmao

that was hilarious.
Thing is, if you're going to have a massive beard then you simply MUST have a 'tache with it. Otherwise you just look like you've dipped your sticky chin in to a box of fannies.

Offline Rusty

• loser mate whose french is a little.....Rusty.....n'est-ce pas?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: February 16, 2009, 10:37:48 am »
I see the Greeks are now influencing the natives, the lad in the middle is a good mover though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-MucVWo-Pw

That's brilliant!!

;D
He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!

Offline TomG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: February 16, 2009, 11:16:51 am »
Totally agree with you about Hopes, we could get by with him when our team was really strong but we cant afford any passengers now. I know its too early for Henriques but i think Symonds should come back, only for the one day team, because he can role the arm over, is a great one day bat, and brings a presence to the fielding side that is hard to replace.

Ferguson played a really classy innings the other day. Looked the real deal. Similar to a Hussey innings, smashed it without slogging it. He is also lightening between the stumps and looked confident in the field and with the team. You know my opinion on the number 6 test position and it would be perfect if Ferguson could be handed the number 6 spot with a view of being a future top order player. Instead they will probably play Ronald MacDonald (jack of all trades, master of none).

How old is Ferguson? 23-24? Looks really composed and sure of himself. His backfoot play through the offside is sublime. Doesn't belt it, rather strokes it through the gap.
Whats your opinion on Adam Voges? Haven't seen too much of him, but the bits and pieces I have seen he looks the goods. Hopefully he gets a run in the ODI or Twenty20 team for a bit to see how he goes.

Any news on when Shane Watson will be fit?

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do" - Oscar Gamble

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: February 16, 2009, 12:13:55 pm »
How old is Ferguson? 23-24? Looks really composed and sure of himself. His backfoot play through the offside is sublime. Doesn't belt it, rather strokes it through the gap.
Whats your opinion on Adam Voges? Haven't seen too much of him, but the bits and pieces I have seen he looks the goods. Hopefully he gets a run in the ODI or Twenty20 team for a bit to see how he goes.

Any news on when Shane Watson will be fit?

He's just turned 24 and his off side play reminded me of Damian Martyn and Mark Waugh.

Voges has always been a great one day player but question marks about his defense will keep him form being a test player, that and his age, they don't usually give guys a debut past 28-29 unless they're making stupid runs in state cricket. I do remember watching his 100 of 62 in that one day game. A stunning innings on a tiny ground, but hasn't done much since unfortunately.

Word on Watto is that he should be fit to bat for the first half of the IPL and should be fit to bowl for the second half, so good news. Even better news is that he is Cooley has sent him to Lillee to fix his bowling action so that he doesn't keep hurting his back.

Offline TomG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: February 16, 2009, 09:41:14 pm »
That is good news. Im pretty sure he has spent some time with DK before though... No doubt he is the man to see. Hopefully his hamstring problems are over... And hopefully DK can fix his back.. Otherwise it could be curtains im afraid.

Maybe he should just stop bowling? He is good enough to make the Test team on batting alone.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #165 on: February 16, 2009, 11:20:36 pm »
Anyone catch Underbelly lastnight??
i was looking  foreward to it, but must say they should rename it ..Underwhelmed... apart from the blonde bird getting her tits out every 5 mins, there was nothing of substance in it.. :-\ :-\
JFT 96

Offline TomG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: February 16, 2009, 11:43:22 pm »
I though it was pretty good. Its going to be hard to top the first series but this one has potential.

The first series took a few episodes to warm up as well. That blonde bird is pretty nice.. Hopefully we see some more of her melons in coming weeks.

Offline mickdundee

• Kopite
« Reply #167 on: February 16, 2009, 11:49:35 pm »
i was looking  foreward to it, but must say they should rename it ..Underwhelmed... apart from the blonde bird getting her tits out every 5 mins, there was nothing of substance in it.. :-\ :-\

Yeah it is pretty crap at the moment, but hopefully it will pick up. It was worth watching just to see her knockers.
Rugby League is a simple game played by simple people. Rugby union is a complex game played by wankers." Former Australian captain Laurie Daley

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #168 on: February 16, 2009, 11:51:10 pm »
Unfortunately they don't, Prisoner was class, although i have never seen so many mingers in one room. I still have nightmares about Bee Smith.
Bee was well fit   :P

Cairns via Widnes!.....who in there right mind would want to leave Widnes.  ;D
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline mickdundee

• Kopite
« Reply #169 on: February 17, 2009, 12:04:13 am »
Bee was well fit   :P

Cairns via Widnes!.....who in there right mind would want to leave Widnes.  ;D

Chopper it was a tough decision, i sat many of days and nights smelling the fresh air that only Widnes can produce, I took a stroll through the local park past the druggies being carefull that i didn't step on any Syringes. But it was after seeing all the local gals with their orange faces that i made my decision. Would kill for a good chippy though.
Rugby League is a simple game played by simple people. Rugby union is a complex game played by wankers." Former Australian captain Laurie Daley

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #170 on: February 17, 2009, 12:20:55 am »
Chopper it was a tough decision, i sat many of days and nights smelling the fresh air that only Widnes can produce, I took a stroll through the local park past the druggies being carefull that i didn't step on any Syringes. But it was after seeing all the local gals with their orange faces that i made my decision. Would kill for a good chippy though.

That's the whole of Britain that!...but you've got Bee Smith, so I'd call that a draw.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: February 17, 2009, 11:30:13 am »

The preview for next weeks episode looks good. Hopefully it will get better soon as last nights episode nearly put me to sleep.
Thing is, if you're going to have a massive beard then you simply MUST have a 'tache with it. Otherwise you just look like you've dipped your sticky chin in to a box of fannies.

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #172 on: February 17, 2009, 12:16:37 pm »
The preview for next weeks episode looks good. Hopefully it will get better soon as last nights episode nearly put me to sleep.

I've fallen asleep for both episodes so far, last night I lasted a whole ten minutes.  That actor who plays the Kiwi looks a right nonce, he's about as hard as a fuckin don't know what!
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline TomG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: February 17, 2009, 10:42:10 pm »
I reckon Matthew Newton was a poor choice as Mr Asia.

Whenever I see him I cant help but picture his moon faced dad.

Offline mickdundee

• Kopite
« Reply #174 on: February 17, 2009, 11:37:40 pm »
I reckon Matthew Newton was a poor choice as Mr Asia.

Whenever I see him I cant help but picture his moon faced dad.

Ask his ex, apparently he has a mean left hook.

Offline mickdundee

• Kopite
« Reply #175 on: February 17, 2009, 11:44:48 pm »
The remains of that 5yo boy that was killed by a Croc up here in North Queensland have been found. RIP lad.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/newshome/5327303/boys-remains-trapped-qld-croc/

Offline TomG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: February 17, 2009, 11:45:41 pm »
Ask his ex, apparently he has a mean left hook.

I was wondering if someone would bring that up.

Anyone watch Aussie Ladette to lady?

What a bunch of slappers. In the first episode when they pulled the bus over and were squating and pissing on the road nearly made me heave
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 01:29:36 am by TomG »

Offline mickdundee

• Kopite
« Reply #177 on: February 17, 2009, 11:52:43 pm »
I was wondering if someone would bring that up.

Anyone watch Aussie Ladette to lady?

What a bunch of slappers. In the first episode when they pulled the bus over and were squating and pissing on the road nearly made me heave.

Surely you have had a golden shower?? :-X

Offline TomG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: February 17, 2009, 11:58:00 pm »
Not really my thing there mick.. But hey if thats what floats your boat.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: February 18, 2009, 10:09:00 am »
Death toll for the bush fires is now up to 201. Fortunately, it is not expected to rise much higher.

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #180 on: February 18, 2009, 10:51:49 am »
Now then, I quite like my arl cookery programmes and feel quite inspired sometimes by their culinary ideas and bizarre recipes but fuck me, what's going on with Bill Granger? He's gotta be a turd burglar, when is he going to come out of the closet? If he doesn't like a bit of pork then I'm a don't know what.
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #181 on: February 19, 2009, 06:06:26 am »
I've fallen asleep for both episodes so far, last night I lasted a whole ten minutes.  That actor who plays the Kiwi looks a right nonce, he's about as hard as a fuckin don't know what!

tell ya whats worse. the "supposed "scottish contact in asia...  i dont think ive ever heard a worse put on for an accent since Meryl streep done her brummie impression thinking it was an aussie accent..
JFT 96

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: February 19, 2009, 10:07:37 am »
Death toll for the bush fires is now up to 201. Fortunately, it is not expected to rise much higher.

Hmmm. No, it will.  I think it will be 250 at least.  They haven't even come close to searching all the buildings.  I think all the 'missing' are now listed but they have not been converted into bodies as yet - either because they have not been found yet or that there is no remains left :(

There are also rumours of a monastery of monks that have been completely wiped out that they have not released the details of they don't know how many people were in there.

Offline Rusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: February 19, 2009, 10:53:09 am »
Alas up to 209 today. THey reckon most missing have now been located, fingers crossed thats the case.
He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!

Offline TomG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: February 20, 2009, 01:34:27 am »
Any one notice that Ritchie Benaud has announced that the summer of 09/10 will be his last in the cream, bone, white, off-white, ivory or beige jacket.

Ritchie is the undisputed king of the commentary box. A real shame to see him go.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: February 20, 2009, 02:05:14 am »
Shattered. He is the God of cricket commentary. Just hope it doesn't mean bloody Heally gets more air time, he speaks so much trash it hurts.

2/222

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: February 20, 2009, 10:01:18 am »
Shattered. He is the God of cricket commentary. Just hope it doesn't mean bloody Heally gets more air time, he speaks so much trash it hurts.

2/222

Heally isn't too bad. The worst are Tubs and Tony Greig. I would love Slats to get more air time because he gets so excited over so little and it livens the game up a bit.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: February 20, 2009, 11:22:24 am »
Heally isn't too bad. The worst are Tubs and Tony Greig. I would love Slats to get more air time because he gets so excited over so little and it livens the game up a bit.

Well its clearly only my opinion but i would turn the commentary off whenever Heally comes on if he weren't so hilarious with the amount of shite he talks. He has to always comment on everything and will often say some of the dumbest trash just for the sake of making a comment. He is of course usually backed up by Tubs  and I agree that along with Greig they are the worst commentators, Heally being the worst of the worst.

Agree with your opinion of Slats, he is usually excited, fair in his opinion, doesn't spew garbage all day and doesn't mind taking the piss and having the piss taken at his expense. The best commentators to me are Richie, Slats, Nicholas, Bill, Warne and sometimes Chappeli.

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: February 20, 2009, 11:25:16 am »
I like Mark Nicholas actually.  That he opens each telecast is a pretty clear indication that he is the anointed one.

Helly

« Reply #189 on: February 20, 2009, 03:35:36 pm »
This thread is to give me helpful tips on my trip, not to talk about cricket, piss off to general sport bit!

:-*

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: February 20, 2009, 05:05:29 pm »
This thread is to give me helpful tips on my trip
Learn about cricket  ;)

and if your coming to Victoria head for a trip down the Great Ocean Road

Offline Rusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: February 21, 2009, 06:49:48 am »
This thread is to give me helpful tips on my trip, not to talk about cricket, piss off to general sport bit!

:-*

Any idea what your itinerary is yet Helly?

If you're heading through Melbourne there's plenty to see/do, if you want some tips then shoot me a PM or put the dates you'll be here on this thread - there's great things on here most of the year round.

:wave

Helly

« Reply #192 on: February 21, 2009, 08:04:04 am »
Learn about cricket  ;)

and if your coming to Victoria head for a trip down the Great Ocean Road

I'm not clever enough for cricket :)

Any idea what your itinerary is yet Helly?

If you're heading through Melbourne there's plenty to see/do, if you want some tips then shoot me a PM or put the dates you'll be here on this thread - there's great things on here most of the year round.

:wave

I'm thinking of heading straight towards Melbourne when I arrive, I have a friend in Wollongong so my plan is to pick up my hire car then drive there, have a rest, possibly over night and then start the drive to Melbourne. Heading down the coast way so stop over night somewhere, I have looked at Eden but any suggestions greatly appreciated.  Then head on to Melbourne for a day and over night then head back inland taking in Canberra and the Southern Highlands, then back on the coast road up to Sydney for a few days rest then I want to drive to Brisbane, stopping at Coffs Harbour over night and taking James to Wiggles World!  Not found somewhere to stop over night on the way back from Brisbane yet.  That's it so far.

Oh and the dates are (hopefully) land on 23 August depart 11 September.

Offline Dread Breath

• Resident Lecter. Convicted of crimes against Andrew Symonds and pensioned off to Australia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: February 21, 2009, 09:24:35 am »
I'm not clever enough for cricket :)

I'm thinking of heading straight towards Melbourne when I arrive, I have a friend in Wollongong so my plan is to pick up my hire car then drive there, have a rest, possibly over night and then start the drive to Melbourne. Heading down the coast way so stop over night somewhere, I have looked at Eden but any suggestions greatly appreciated.  Then head on to Melbourne for a day and over night then head back inland taking in Canberra and the Southern Highlands, then back on the coast road up to Sydney for a few days rest then I want to drive to Brisbane, stopping at Coffs Harbour over night and taking James to Wiggles World!  Not found somewhere to stop over night on the way back from Brisbane yet.  That's it so far.

Oh and the dates are (hopefully) land on 23 August depart 11 September.

Mmmm, pretty cold that time of year on the south coast (Eden etc). Stayed at Merimbula this summer - nice place, just up the road from Eden - whereever you stay you'll get a good deal down there at that time of year.

Don't mind visiting the Tathra pub either, which is around that way as well. You can go down and fish off the wharf near there.

The only thing I recommend people do in Sydney is catch the ferry out to Manly - great trip and you get to see most of the harbour for under $10. You can spend a few hours walking around the Manly corso and have a look at the beach as well, before taking the ferry back. Bondi is not bad, especially in summer, but it was better when I was able to get free beer at the North Bondi RSL, which is (obviously) at the north end of the beach. :(

Take it you are not a fan of other sports apart from football? Or maybe I'm assuming too much. If you are a fan of other sports, you will be in Melbourne to see a finals match in the AFL - the mighty Essendon Bombers will be playing in a match around that time of year and if you are serious about seeing one of the greatest sporting teams on God's Earth I can heartily recommend you get yourself a ticket for a game.
Blame me for all the draft threads on RAWK

Helly

« Reply #194 on: February 21, 2009, 09:41:29 am »
Mmmm, pretty cold that time of year on the south coast (Eden etc). Stayed at Merimbula this summer - nice place, just up the road from Eden - whereever you stay you'll get a good deal down there at that time of year.

Don't mind visiting the Tathra pub either, which is around that way as well. You can go down and fish off the wharf near there.

The only thing I recommend people do in Sydney is catch the ferry out to Manly - great trip and you get to see most of the harbour for under $10. You can spend a few hours walking around the Manly corso and have a look at the beach as well, before taking the ferry back. Bondi is not bad, especially in summer, but it was better when I was able to get free beer at the North Bondi RSL, which is (obviously) at the north end of the beach. :(

Take it you are not a fan of other sports apart from football? Or maybe I'm assuming too much. If you are a fan of other sports, you will be in Melbourne to see a finals match in the AFL - the mighty Essendon Bombers will be playing in a match around that time of year and if you are serious about seeing one of the greatest sporting teams on God's Earth I can heartily recommend you get yourself a ticket for a game.

When you say pretty cold, how cold are we talking?  Im basing your cold on my fairly pleasant day of british summer cold (so about 20 degrees) and I am therefore packing nothing warmer than my waterproof jacket!  We're not talking like 15 degrees and under cold are we?  That would be rather annoying.  I will take a look at Merimbula, thanks.  I love driving so I just can't wait to get out on to the coastal and mountain roads.

I will definitely be doing the trip out to Manly on the ferry too, it sounds like a right bargain trip!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: February 21, 2009, 09:47:02 am »
If you are a fan of other sports, you will be in Melbourne to see a finals match in the AFL - the mighty Essendon Bombers will be playing in a match around that time of year and if you are serious about seeing one of the greatest sporting teams on God's Earth I can heartily recommend you get yourself a ticket for a game.

Excuse me, the mighty Dockers will be playing in the finals and not Essendon. Watch them if you want to see the greatest team on earth besides Liverpool.

Offline Dread Breath

• Resident Lecter. Convicted of crimes against Andrew Symonds and pensioned off to Australia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: February 21, 2009, 10:01:19 am »
When you say pretty cold, how cold are we talking?  Im basing your cold on my fairly pleasant day of british summer cold (so about 20 degrees) and I am therefore packing nothing warmer than my waterproof jacket!  We're not talking like 15 degrees and under cold are we?  That would be rather annoying.  I will take a look at Merimbula, thanks.  I love driving so I just can't wait to get out on to the coastal and mountain roads.

I will definitely be doing the trip out to Manly on the ferry too, it sounds like a right bargain trip!

I would definitely be packing an extra jumper or two - it doesn't often get under 15 C on the coast, but it can at that time of year. Then of course there is Melbourne - it can get under 15 C in Melbourne in December, let alone late August/early September. You may well be lucky with the weather, but better safe than sorry. Further north there is obviously less of a worry - would expect around 25 C in northern NSW/southern Qld.

You will enjoy the coast road, though at times it will feel as if it has been built by boy scouts - one good turn deserves another.

The Manly ferry is ace because it starts under the shadow of the Harbour Bridge and right next to the Opera House and as I said, you get to see a lot of the Harbour itself in about a 30 - 40 minute trip.

Offline Dread Breath

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: February 21, 2009, 10:18:58 am »
Excuse me, the mighty Dockers will be playing in the finals and not Essendon. Watch them if you want to see the greatest team on earth besides Liverpool.

The Dockers may get to the finals because they have an ex-Bomber player as their coach, but only because of that reason.

BTW, Stephen Hill looks like a great pickup for you in the draft - people were having a go at you for not picking up Rich or Yarran, but reckon the Dockers have a hit with Hill. 

Helly

« Reply #198 on: February 21, 2009, 10:45:36 am »
I would definitely be packing an extra jumper or two - it doesn't often get under 15 C on the coast, but it can at that time of year. Then of course there is Melbourne - it can get under 15 C in Melbourne in December, let alone late August/early September. You may well be lucky with the weather, but better safe than sorry. Further north there is obviously less of a worry - would expect around 25 C in northern NSW/southern Qld.

You will enjoy the coast road, though at times it will feel as if it has been built by boy scouts - one good turn deserves another.

The Manly ferry is ace because it starts under the shadow of the Harbour Bridge and right next to the Opera House and as I said, you get to see a lot of the Harbour itself in about a 30 - 40 minute trip.

Hmm, maybe I should relocate my entire trip to Queensland then :D

Right so more jumpers and maybe a few less of the 3/4 length pants and skimpy tops :(

Offline Dread Breath

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: February 21, 2009, 10:57:45 am »
Hmm, maybe I should relocate my entire trip to Queensland then :D

Right so more jumpers and maybe a few less of the 3/4 length pants and skimpy tops :(

Went to a big music festival in Brisbane in September one year and it was 30 C plus for most of the time I was there - it was also really sticky - not exactly the weather I like. The pubs there are pretty good, if a little seedy - you will see a lot of cockroaches in both Brisbane and Sydney for some reason. The Queenslanders claim they are visiting New South Welshmen just before stepping on one.