Author Topic: anfield road stand  (Read 243338 times)

Offline davenorthwales

• RAWK's utilities guru
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
anfield road stand
« on: April 30, 2014, 12:22:48 am »
anyone know where the footing of the floodlight was located in the background? the only place i can think of looking at that angle is on the pavement. curious question. anyone know of any photos of the structure from the outside

can i have my old name back please?

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
Re: anfield road stand
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 10:26:09 pm »
It was on the roof, was taken down when the Main Stand was extended to its existing structure when floodlights were put on the pitch sides.  Anyone seen any plans for the new Rd End?
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline davenorthwales

• RAWK's utilities guru
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 1, 2014, 12:53:53 am »
that had crossed my mind but thought to myself that because the stand slopes upwards, a flat surface would have been needed to secure it, and enough concrete area to ram the fixing bolts into.  Looking at the angles again and trying to follow a line, it could be counter sunk into the 2nd beam area from the back.
can i have my old name back please?

Offline Lolo

• Ex Kop STH marooned on a tropical beach observing bronzed beauties. In dire need of a decent English pint.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • non progredi est regredi
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 08:49:39 am »
It was on the roof, was taken down when the Main Stand was extended to its existing structure when floodlights were put on the pitch sides.  Anyone seen any plans for the new Rd End?

I seen plenty of images of the new Mainstand now, but likewise......any images of what the new Annie Road stand may look like????

Offline Lolo

• Ex Kop STH marooned on a tropical beach observing bronzed beauties. In dire need of a decent English pint.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 05:04:22 am »
I seen plenty of images of the new Mainstand now, but likewise......any images of what the new Annie Road stand may look like????

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 09:43:18 am »
None.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 09:57:27 am »
There are some massing views in the planning documents. But it's just at outline stage so there are no detailed designs at the moment. The detail is likely to follow the design principles of the Main Stand extension.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Lolo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 02:01:43 am »
Copied from the MainStand thread......

Offline Jules01

• Legacy Fan
  • Infamy,infamy,they've all got it in for me.
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2014, 02:17:25 pm »
So if this stand got built what would happen to the road on anfield road itself?

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2014, 02:19:25 pm »
So if this stand got built what would happen to the road on anfield road itself?

Closed off.

It's not really a big deal, it's not a major through road and you can easily go round the back of the Kop and round that way if need's be, or go further round the park.

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2014, 02:51:14 pm »

Closed off.

It's not really a big deal, it's not a major through road and you can easily go round the back of the Kop and round that way if need's be, or go further round the park.

This is an extract from the planning application which shows Anfield Road closed at Skerries Road and Sybil Road.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 03:04:04 pm by Swissgaz »
"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
  • And what a delighted scorer – it's Tommy Smith!
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2015, 10:23:38 am »
Copied from the MainStand thread......
I've had no love for the Anny Road end since it was two tiered in the 90s - don't know why, just thought it was a wrong headed decision and never got over it. The new plan is exciting but read the additional capacity for this devlopement is approx 4800 which, in my simple mind, doesn't seem too cost effective given the scale of the work.
In terms of capacity Man Utd redeveloped their ground quite well - with similar locational constraints to us - but, and I laughed my balls off when I read this: they've employed a sound consultant to find a way of boosting the accoustics and atmosphere within the ground - including sticking 20,000 ticketless fans on the roof. Genius, I'm sure they'll get the approval of Greater Manchester Police!

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2015, 11:17:15 am »
I've had no love for the Anny Road end since it was two tiered in the 90s - don't know why, just thought it was a wrong headed decision and never got over it. The new plan is exciting but read the additional capacity for this devlopement is approx 4800 which, in my simple mind, doesn't seem too cost effective given the scale of the work.
In terms of capacity Man Utd redeveloped their ground quite well - with similar locational constraints to us - but, and I laughed my balls off when I read this: they've employed a sound consultant to find a way of boosting the accoustics and atmosphere within the ground - including sticking 20,000 ticketless fans on the roof. Genius, I'm sure they'll get the approval of Greater Manchester Police!

Old Trafford was never as closed off due to housing as we were. Aside from the South stand where the railway stops the redevelopment. They also had a masterplan going back to the 50's for the bowl shape.  They were building cantilever stands pre 66 World cup.

Joined up thinking was never employed when we upgraded the Kop and Kemlyn and especially the Anny Rd. Not that i'd have wanted a perfect bowl but things could have been planned a lot better.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 11:19:04 am by Jonny-B »

Offline New York Red

• Main Stander
  • Life is too short to drink shitty beer
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2015, 03:27:45 am »
I din't see why a better road plan can't be devised behind the Kop to allow a bigger capacity. There aren't many buildings there now.
Every day I wake up, and thank the Lord I'm Welsh.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2015, 03:37:35 am »
I din't see why a better road plan can't be devised behind the Kop to allow a bigger capacity. There aren't many buildings there now.

Don't think businesses along the road would be happy that.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline New York Red

• Main Stander
  • Life is too short to drink shitty beer
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2015, 02:45:21 am »
Don't think businesses along the road would be happy that.

There's hardly any of them and they could definitely be accommodated with new buildings as part of the development.
Every day I wake up, and thank the Lord I'm Welsh.

Offline YNWAArkAngel

• Main Stander
  • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2015, 02:22:13 pm »
This is an extract from the planning application which shows Anfield Road closed at Skerries Road and Sybil Road.

i have question i know it a long shot once phrase 1 is completed and once phrase 2 get under way what i would to know is since away fans will be moved other side of anfield lower once stand is completed as it not far walk to arkles lane to the coaches when game is finish, now he where my concern is do us home fans have to walk round to arkles lane to enter stanley car park when game is finish or can we enter via new path to avoid clash of fans as the map u shown is that a new path (arrow pointed ? mark) to enter stanley car park rather walk round as i am disabled myself as the path is uneven and pot holes and it doesnt help on night time game when street lamp is out etc

click image to expand

« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 05:54:07 pm by YNWAArkAngel »
Mav

JFT 96
YNWA

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2015, 02:42:26 pm »
I don't think they'll change anything with regards to direction of home fans, as at the moment 3 lots already converge onto Anny Road (from Main Stand, Centenary and Anny Road Stand itself) and it'll be the same when it's expanded.

If they're expecting any issues then the away fans will just be kept back as they are in a lot of cases anyway.

You should get onto the club about that path BTW, the disabled representative on the Supporters Committee would be a good place to start as imagine they'd be more than happy to take up the cause on your behalf.

Offline YNWAArkAngel

• Main Stander
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2015, 05:45:03 pm »
I don't think they'll change anything with regards to direction of home fans, as at the moment 3 lots already converge onto Anny Road (from Main Stand, Centenary and Anny Road Stand itself) and it'll be the same when it's expanded.

If they're expecting any issues then the away fans will just be kept back as they are in a lot of cases anyway.

You should get onto the club about that path BTW, the disabled representative on the Supporters Committee would be a good place to start as imagine they'd be more than happy to take up the cause on your behalf.

i think i will as it fast and quick easy access to our car even it raining down etc
Mav

JFT 96
YNWA

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2015, 05:48:52 pm »
i think i will as it fast and quick easy access to our car even it raining down etc

If the club are going to offer parking there, then they should really be making sure the access to it are safe for all supporters to use, so definitely would if it's a hassle for you.

Offline YNWAArkAngel

• Main Stander
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2015, 05:56:36 pm »
If the club are going to offer parking there, then they should really be making sure the access to it are safe for all supporters to use, so definitely would if it's a hassle for you.

email sent yeah i agree but i think liverpool fc club cant do anything about the pot hole and uneven slabs by arkles lane as it not there turf but the council so hope it get forward too
Mav

JFT 96
YNWA

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2015, 06:00:27 pm »

http://northgate.liverpool.gov.uk/DocumentExplorer/Application/folderview.aspx?type=MVMPRD_DC_PLANAPP&key=898733

Drawing 119 shows the circulation proposals for Phase 1 with a direct link to the Car Park plus additional disabled spaces within the overall development. There was extensive consultation during the design phase and I'm sure that Phase 2 will provide good well-lit footpaths.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline YNWAArkAngel

• Main Stander
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2015, 06:09:27 pm »
http://northgate.liverpool.gov.uk/DocumentExplorer/Application/folderview.aspx?type=MVMPRD_DC_PLANAPP&key=898733

Drawing 119 shows the circulation proposals for Phase 1 with a direct link to the Car Park plus additional disabled spaces within the overall development. There was extensive consultation during the design phase and I'm sure that Phase 2 will provide good well-lit footpaths.

that look good but the 3 outside main stand will go to someone higher which i respect that but i am glad something is going to be done and more spaces in anfield road 25 spaces follow by 45 spaces, looking good
Mav

JFT 96
YNWA

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2015, 06:12:04 pm »

I more meant if they are going to offer parking there now, which they do, then they should have footpaths in good condition with adequate lighting - regardless of plans during the redev they can't be leaving paths in a poor state (or allowing the council to if it's their issue).

Offline YNWAArkAngel

• Main Stander
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2015, 06:21:53 pm »
I more meant if they are going to offer parking there now, which they do, then they should have footpaths in good condition with adequate lighting - regardless of plans during the redev they can't be leaving paths in a poor state (or allowing the council to if it's their issue).

i agree it only where the stall is coming out the stanley car park thank for help lads nice one
Mav

JFT 96
YNWA

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #25 on: April 3, 2015, 07:57:20 pm »

I wonder if they've thought about filling in the corners as well (the ones next to the Main Stand), as potential future expansion. The connection with the Kop might look odd but they could surely plan ahead with the other one, seeing as both the Main Stand and Anfield Rd Stand will be redeveloped.
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #26 on: April 3, 2015, 08:02:16 pm »
I wonder if they've thought about filling in the corners as well (the ones next to the Main Stand), as potential future expansion. The connection with the Kop might look odd but they could surely plan ahead with the other one, seeing as both the Main Stand and Anfield Rd Stand will be redeveloped.

Big old roof support there from the new Main St roof, expect the Anny Road may have similar too. So it's doubtful they'll fill the corners in anytime soon.

Offline stueya

• Kopite
« Reply #27 on: April 6, 2015, 11:52:38 pm »

Problem is the whole stadium is Asymetrical so it makes any corner filling almost impossible
We all live in a purple wheelie bin

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2015, 11:28:32 am »
Mike Gordon:

"We have always focused our energy and resources completely on the Main Stand - it's a very big and very expensive project! We need to make sure we do a great job bringing it to a successful completion before even considering any further changes to Anfield. Then, and only then might we take a look at Anfield Road Stand. At the right time, as with the Main Stand process, a robust research process will be undertaken to ensure there is a sustainable solution, one that works financially, before we could consider applying for full planning permission. Like the Main Stand, Anfield Road is rather complicated - there are services that run under the road as well as a number of other social and environmental issues that we will have to consider when the time is right."

Football grounds used to be a club's only source of funds other than dipping into a personal fortune as a vanity project. TV and merchandising has pushed the game way beyond the means of your average pools magnate. It now takes oligarchs or sheiks to compete at the top on a personal basis. Which came first (TV or people with more money than sense) is for another debate.

Compared to the other ways a football club can earn millions and billions, the stadium is a pretty crap investment. High risk, high cost, low return. Lowering risk and cost and increasing return is what the redevelopment is all about.

The lowest risk and highest return would be to just add corporate seats (in an existing stand) and stop right there. The additional income way outstrips the additional cost (for restaurants/ bars and smooze lounges).

So the balance between high return corporate seats and low return general admission is very delicate. Too much of one would be to build to expensively and too much of the other would kill the very reason to build in the first place - to make money (for the club).

There won't be much in the way of corporates in an extended ARE. In time and if there's an appetite for more corporates, I'm sure the club will re-look at the balance of corporates and GA before making a move - even consider more corporate in the LC and shifting general admission into a new ARE.

The club doesn't have a crystal ball. Any twitches in the process (build costs, interest rates, demand, performance on the pitch…) could see all the numbers go south very quickly. Hence the caution.

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2015, 11:46:18 am »
Had we not been told the Anny Road end was being extended? Why is it now only a maybe?
We're on our way to glory...

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2015, 11:48:12 am »
Had we not been told the Anny Road end was being extended? Why is it now only a maybe?
It was always a maybe....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2015, 11:56:00 am »

It's always been a maybe, that's why it only ever got outline permission.

If once the Main Stand is done it still makes economic sense (hopefully Jimmy Case doesn't jump on me for that) then it'll get built. If not, it won't.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2015, 12:19:56 pm »
I think it's up to everyone who goes to Anfield to make the case for the Annie Road development. A ground that's rocking could make the difference in key cup games and win extra points in the league. An improved ground might just make the difference in a player choosing us over another team.

FSG have shown that they'll invest in the ground. They just need to be persuaded that there will be intangible or indirect benefits even if the straight financial case is borderline.

I always thought it was interesting that the outline plans for the AFR stand included possible residential. It suggests the figures are tight and they are looking for ways to make the overall development work.

I think it will happen once the Main Stand is seen to be a success.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2015, 12:28:24 pm »
I think it's up to everyone who goes to Anfield to make the case for the Annie Road development. A ground that's rocking could make the difference in key cup games and win extra points in the league. An improved ground might just make the difference in a player choosing us over another team.

FSG have shown that they'll invest in the ground. They just need to be persuaded that there will be intangible or indirect benefits even if the straight financial case is borderline.

I always thought it was interesting that the outline plans for the AFR stand included possible residential. It suggests the figures are tight and they are looking for ways to make the overall development work.

I don't think the club give a toss about atmosphere, otherwise they wouldn't be threatening to kick people out who raise banners before a game, and we wouldn't have that prick of a steward in 304 who single-handedly ruined the entire block last year.

Anyway, really hope this goes ahead. After all this work it'd be incredibly disheartening if we're left with only 4,000 extra seats for the common plebs like us, 2,000 of them season tickets that most of us will never see the benefit of
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2015, 12:38:14 pm »
It was always a maybe....

Fair enough, I couldn't really remember.

I would hope it happens.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2015, 01:14:59 pm »

I think you are right. I spoke to someone at the club recently that echoed that Gordon piece today in saying there has been very, very good take up on packages for the main stand. His view was they would look to do the ARE on what they'd seen interest so far.

That piece mentioned some logistical difficulties - any idea what they are Alan?

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2015, 01:52:19 pm »
I think you are right. I spoke to someone at the club recently that echoed that Gordon piece today in saying there has been very, very good take up on packages for the main stand. His view was they would look to do the ARE on what they'd seen interest so far.

That piece mentioned some logistical difficulties - any idea what they are Alan?

The road is a significant logistical difficulty all by itself. Not to mention getting the upper tier down and the new tier up without damaging revenue in the meanwhile. This is another major reason for putting the ARE off until the additional capacity in the main stand is in place.

Indeed it is tight.

But extending the ground further has to work on its own merits or it doesn't get done. Any residential (or Hotels, or naming rights, or Tesco, or whatever) would be cream on top.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 01:57:56 pm by Peter McGurk »

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2015, 03:09:53 pm »
The Anfield Rd has always been the poorest side of the ground, in looks and capacity, and is going to look well out of place once it has that new massive main stand by its side. Hopefully it will be developed in the not too distant future.

My main point however, which I apologise has been addressed before is does anybody know the full story of why in this day and age we where left with a wobbly upper tier after the stand was expanded?

Was the structure really unsafe and shakey,or where those small roof supports added as a precaution?What firm constructed the expansion, and what was the outcome of the problem, ie their explanation, and did the club receive some kind of compensation etc.

All this stuff really interests me, but have not seen an indepth account of what went with the Anfield Rd after what appears like one almighty fuck up that could have led to disastrous consequences if that upper tier really was an unsafe build.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2015, 03:58:03 pm »
The Anfield Rd has always been the poorest side of the ground, in looks and capacity, and is going to look well out of place once it has that new massive main stand by its side. Hopefully it will be developed in the not too distant future.

My main point however, which I apologise has been addressed before is does anybody know the full story of why in this day and age we where left with a wobbly upper tier after the stand was expanded?

Was the structure really unsafe and shakey,or where those small roof supports added as a precaution?What firm constructed the expansion, and what was the outcome of the problem, ie their explanation, and did the club receive some kind of compensation etc.

All this stuff really interests me, but have not seen an indepth account of what went with the Anfield Rd after what appears like one almighty fuck up that could have led to disastrous consequences if that upper tier really was an unsafe build.

The story as I heard it from a well-known national construction company is the the club originally applied for triple deck stand with a view to getting knocked back to what we have now.

Everything was designed properly in accordance with vides and regs but visiting fans (from Celtic?) pushed the finished design beyond the safe margins, hence the additional reinforcement pillars.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2015, 04:04:19 pm »
They need to do the ARE asap from an aesthetics point of view as much as capacity. The ground is going to look awful once this Main Stand is done because it will show the other three stands up badly. At least a renovated ARE will see the ground half done, restricted views gone and a more reasonable capacity.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season