Author Topic: Liverpool 1 - 1 Norwich  (Read 161706 times)

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool 1 - 1 Norwich
« Reply #600 on: September 20, 2015, 06:38:45 pm »
That's because you have FUCK ALL expectations from the club.

You was pissed off that we played our best team vs. Palace in FA Cup last year.

You were delighted that we went out to Bestiktas to EL last season, because EUROPAA LEAGUE DISTRACTION !!!

You have openly admitted there is no hope and no chance to get back to top 4 and Champions League, because it's against "par" and STATSSS

No wonder you don't see anything wrong with the current form. You don't think anyone can do better...

May as well raise the white flag, give up, and happily accept that we're the new Aston Villa.

:wellin
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #601 on: September 20, 2015, 06:38:45 pm »
LOL we are in no way similar to Atletico. We are the 7th best team in our league. We are more like Granada or Celta Vigo.

Speaking of club profile, not the quality of the squad.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #602 on: September 20, 2015, 06:39:19 pm »
I think it's very hard for a manager to turn things around when the majority (and I do think it's the majority now) want him gone.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #603 on: September 20, 2015, 06:39:22 pm »
Started the game with 2 centre halves

Laughable comment.

No problem with the shape today.
:D

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #604 on: September 20, 2015, 06:39:24 pm »
No matter what side your on.. Rodgers gone or being that bit more patient.. One thing for sure is it's fucking depressing. I really do hate football sometimes.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #605 on: September 20, 2015, 06:39:36 pm »
Klopp, look at his comments the last few months since leaving Dortmund, or raphael honigstein lately in the media. He'll come

There was an interesting article last night in the Independent you should have a look at if you haven't already, went into a lot of detail about what's been going on at the club over the past year and apparently FSG aren't keen on Klopp because they've been warned off him by someone.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #606 on: September 20, 2015, 06:39:36 pm »
We missed Sterling today.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #607 on: September 20, 2015, 06:39:41 pm »
Klopp has already stated that he categorically has no interest in managing in England.

I think you've got that the wrong way mate

“The Premier League is very exciting, and we do not only think about the top four because there are some other great clubs below them.”

It is always all about the challenge,” he added. “When Jurgen signed for Dortmund there were other clubs who had better prestige and were in better financial mood at this time. Nevertheless he decided for Dortmund.

“He has the great ability to develop things. If he goes into a stadium, feels the energy and thinks that he can make a difference here, this could be more attractive to him than going with the big deals and aim for the treble.”

On moving to England: 'I think it's the only country where I should work, next to Germany because it's the only country I know the language a little bit and I need the language for my work."

"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #608 on: September 20, 2015, 06:39:43 pm »
Rawk isn't the fan Base. I mean how many people are trudging back from the match on here? Not many id vouch.

I am. When Norwich were singing your getting sacked in the morning there were a few hope so/fingers crossed comments, tide is turning mate.

306 btw

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #609 on: September 20, 2015, 06:39:48 pm »
Started the game with 2 centre halves

Lol - did you actually watch the match?
Our shape was the best it's been all season and we produced more shots and chances than we have all season
Seriously what kind of simpleton do you have to be to think 3 cbs means more defensive and not think beyond that  ?!

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #610 on: September 20, 2015, 06:40:00 pm »
Three at the back, defensive midfield maestro, two fullbacks played as wingbacks but playing as fullbacks, all to cater for the might of Norwich and jerome alone upfront.  At anfield.   Edge of the seat, ballsey stuff.   

Exactly my thoughts when I realised we had gone with 3... Can should have been ahead of Lucas, not behind.

"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline livesound

• Kopite
« Reply #611 on: September 20, 2015, 06:40:04 pm »
Bottom line is we should win today.

On a slightly more positive note a fair few lads had good games today. Ings was really good when he came on and looked like he enjoyed the fight of it, Sakho was solid as were Moreno and Clyne.

I'd start Ings and Sturridge on Saturday, but I can see him starting Ings on Wednesday and benching him on Saturday.

Sigh.

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #612 on: September 20, 2015, 06:40:26 pm »

I agree. We missed his clinical finishing.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #613 on: September 20, 2015, 06:40:34 pm »
Looking forwards:

Leave the defence the way is was today (I mean the same players) as we don't have any better.
When is Henderson back as he needs to replace Milner.
Ings and Sturridge to start as I think they suit our style much better than Benteke does.
Lallana and Firmino are good as subs but either could start if needed.

Big worries.......

Goalkeeper. This position turns a poor performance into a draw or win just as Ruddy did today. He can win a game for you just like De Gea does. Mignolet is just not a top keeper.
Midfield. We don't have anyone who can control the game. Milner isn't the answer. He runs around a lot and is useful against top teams but he is not creative enough against teams like Norwich.

We find it hard to score although I think this will change if Sturridge and Ings get some games.
We continually undo all the good work by defensive errors and I don't see that changing. Teams can sit back and defend knowing that they'll get chances against us at set pieces.

We are light years away from the top 4 and drawing against Norwich at home is about our level. Don't be surprised if we are in the bottom 3 at Christmas.
#JFT97

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #614 on: September 20, 2015, 06:40:47 pm »

Yep, that's another player that can't finish for shit.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Standards

• Kemlynite
« Reply #615 on: September 20, 2015, 06:40:56 pm »
is it strange that im not entirely unhappy with that. We could at least see an attacking plan in spite of the wasteful finishing

would that be the attacking plan that has no idea what it is doing from 1 half to the next? Granted, playing pass back to the Norwich keeper is not what LFC needed ntoday, and 1 hopes it was related to the Rothsteins of this world, because if it wasnt, then LFC have some duff shit up front.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #616 on: September 20, 2015, 06:41:00 pm »
It's fucking boring, and you know they'll still be posting here every day.

I love when people try to brush it off as just RAWK. People I see at the match, on social media, every day in real life, even opposition fans all seem to agree Rodgers should go and isn't good enough. Yet people still try to dismiss it as RAWK being knee jerk

The same guy that threw a hissy fit against Brendan when he was new and had replaced his idol Kenny even though Brendan was by then the manager of Liverpool and by his reasoning deserving of undying and unquestioning support.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #617 on: September 20, 2015, 06:41:05 pm »
better than previous performances and on the balance of chances should have won. Though at times Norwich did look a threat and moved the ball from back to front far quicker than us. In truth I thought they might have nicked it.

Didn't think we would nick it at the end as we just don't seem to have that finisher who is in the right place at the right time. Personally would have kept lucas on instead of Milner (though based on stats milner is more likely to give you a goal) as Milner was having a bit of stinker.

Overall we did look better in attack, midfield apart from Lucas wasn't great. Sakho was very dominant in defence as well.

Not sure if we look average because the players are or its a general lack of confidence.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline marto

• Main Stander
« Reply #618 on: September 20, 2015, 06:41:25 pm »
Klopp, look at his comments the last few months since leaving Dortmund, or raphael honigstein lately in the media. He'll come

Why did he leave Dortmund ? What place did they finish ?

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #619 on: September 20, 2015, 06:41:25 pm »
There was an interesting article last night in the Independent you should have a look at if you haven't already, went into a lot of detail about what's been going on at the club over the past year and apparently FSG aren't keen on Klopp because they've been warned off him by someone.

Dunno mate i'll believe that when I see it, if that was the truth I think we'd have heard that line a lot more from other journos. If it's true then it shows the lack of ambition FSG have for the club, if they'd ignore Klopp (after ignoring Rafa) in choice of another mediocre midtable manager like Monk or Howe
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #620 on: September 20, 2015, 06:41:32 pm »
I'm off til the Roundtable, it's become poisonous on here. Blame the manager for today all you like but we dominated the game and rarely looked threatened. The players have to take some responsibility for not taking their chnaces and conceding from a corner.

Either way it's a tough result to take.

It was fucking Norwich.......at home. 

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #621 on: September 20, 2015, 06:41:37 pm »
Three at the back, defensive midfield maestro, two fullbacks played as wingbacks but playing as fullbacks, all to cater for the might of Norwich and jerome alone upfront.  At anfield.   Edge of the seat, ballsey stuff.   

Rubbish.

Lucas was pressing high in their half, I mean fuck we get the goal from it.

Moreno playing as a fullback? Of course he was, which is why he spent a stupid amount of time in the final third creating shit.

Fuck all wrong with the shape.
:D

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #622 on: September 20, 2015, 06:41:50 pm »
It's over isn't?

I've accepted his time is up.
There seems to be a lot of acceptance here that his days are numbered.
Sad in a way.

Can't wait for the media circus when FSG pull the plug and send us back into the abyss.
Wasn't that when they fired Kenny to hire Rodgers?

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• Scallion Homeys, Miscellany Shoo or Nicholas Mosely?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • “We murdered them 0-0.”
« Reply #623 on: September 20, 2015, 06:41:51 pm »
Even IF we were to change managers, you'd have to do it at the end of the season. No one is gonna come in and turn this side into a top 4 team mid-season. Especially Klopp, who keeps getting mentioned, who has a system of pressing which requires a lot of familiarity.

Rodgers is probably staying at least till Christmas, and more likely till the end of the season. But we're gonna have to endure this nonsense every time we don't win or even if we win and don't look good doing it.
★              ★              ★              ★              ★
The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #624 on: September 20, 2015, 06:41:54 pm »
I think 3 at the back was a mistake.
I think Lallana or Firmino should have started instead of a CM.

These are the two things I would have changed. But we created enough chances to win the game.

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #625 on: September 20, 2015, 06:42:03 pm »

Just have to get on that gif of him patting the 'This is Anfield' sign.

I mean what opposition manager even does that?

Offline Bendomac

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #626 on: September 20, 2015, 06:42:08 pm »
We fucking changed our formation 2 times in that match.

Going back to 3ATB to paper over the cracks? Can at CB? Moreno the only Wing back option? The only thing that's improved/changed over last season is we have better strikers.

Fuck right off.

Danny Ings is going to have a great career at Liverpool so much spirit. Hes like a Kuyt Michael Owen with anger.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #628 on: September 20, 2015, 06:42:17 pm »
What is this new shit that we couldn't attract Klopp or Ancelotti.
This is up there with the 'there was no way we could ever have got Sanchez' bullshit.
We can get them if we make it clear we really want them. That we will pay big money and that we will make the position one they desire. So if they want to work in a certain structure with certain people as scouts or DoF we make it happen. If they want certain guarantees, well accommodate.
You can't just say 'we're Liverpool, we'll expect you in the morning.' Those days are gone. But we are still a massive, and rich, club and if we went out tomorrow we'd be the only big club going after whoever our target was.
Of course that isn't how FSG want to play, but let's not pretend we couldn't get any manager we want who is available or isn't already at a big club.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline XabiAlonsosBeard

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #629 on: September 20, 2015, 06:42:47 pm »
No disrespect to Norwich,  but I've just looked at their starting XI.

People say we played better, but I don't agree. We should be playing much better than we did against the players in their starting XI. We never created enough. The goal and the Coutinho efforts aside, I can't remember Norwich having to hold on against our (alleged) "relentless attacking football".

Then, we don't keep a clean sheet despite fielding three centre backs two wing backs and a holding midfielder.

Why we started like that, I don't know. What happened to the flying out of the blocks in the first 15 minutes and putting the game to bed? Letting teams worry about us? Instead we worried about Norwich. At home. Three centre backs. Against Cameron Jerome.

Then, we conceded a goal and took a striker off for an attacking midfielder. Credit for the Ings substitution, but the second change was weird. Obviously fitness played a part with Sturridge.

I'm just at a loss how Rodgers is going to turn this round though. I really am.
Justice for the 96.

Loves a missed penalty!

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #630 on: September 20, 2015, 06:42:48 pm »
I said to myself at the beginning of the season I was happy enough for Brendan to get the chance to put things right, but going into his 4th season in charge there was no more excuses for me. That today was totally unacceptable. Not the performance, but the result. They are a poor side. We should've been out of sight today, but instead it's more points dropped due to a goal keeping howler and some really poor decision making in the final 3rd. It was so, so frustrating and really annoying to watch. Felt like putting my boot through my computer monitor when Coutinho messed that 1v1 up.

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #631 on: September 20, 2015, 06:42:49 pm »
The manager should have been sacked in May, clear as day. He should be clearing his desk right now.
How long do you think it takes to clear a desk ;)

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #632 on: September 20, 2015, 06:43:17 pm »
I think you've got that the wrong way mate

“The Premier League is very exciting, and we do not only think about the top four because there are some other great clubs below them.”

It is always all about the challenge,” he added. “When Jurgen signed for Dortmund there were other clubs who had better prestige and were in better financial mood at this time. Nevertheless he decided for Dortmund.

“He has the great ability to develop things. If he goes into a stadium, feels the energy and thinks that he can make a difference here, this could be more attractive to him than going with the big deals and aim for the treble.”

On moving to England: 'I think it's the only country where I should work, next to Germany because it's the only country I know the language a little bit and I need the language for my work."
That was months ago.

As recently as this week there have been articles saying he is waiting for the Munich job

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #633 on: September 20, 2015, 06:43:51 pm »
Last month, FSG watched their young General Manager of the Boston Red Sox leave in his 4th season as boss, two years after he won a World Series with them in his second season. The reason? They hired a recently fired baseball executive who is regarded as one of the best around. I don't think they're scared to do it here.
HAHAHA You missed the part where Henry came out and defended his management back in June saying:
The general manager is going to be the general manager of this club for a very long time. I have nothing but respect for him and for the job that he does,” Henry said. “I think we’ve been on the same wavelength. You have to blame ownership as much as you can blame the general manager.
They hired the new guy basically squeezing the other guy out who declined to remain as general manager. BIG difference.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #634 on: September 20, 2015, 06:43:56 pm »
Lol - did you actually watch the match?
Our shape was the best it's been all season and we produced more shots and chances than we have all season
Seriously what kind of simpleton do you have to be to think 3 cbs means more defensive and not think beyond that  ?!

Which makes you wonder why it took 6 games in for him to realize that we needed width and 2 strikers to start creating chances. 

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #635 on: September 20, 2015, 06:44:08 pm »

Yeah but it's the independent, sounded like bullshit to me

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #636 on: September 20, 2015, 06:44:10 pm »
Ta Brendan la.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #637 on: September 20, 2015, 06:44:17 pm »
That was months ago.

As recently as this week there have been articles saying he is waiting for the Munich job

Honigstein said he could sit down with Liverpool for talks in November, I don't see any reliable journos talking about Munich. And definitely not "categorically" ruling out an English position

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #638 on: September 20, 2015, 06:44:29 pm »
Even IF we were to change managers, you'd have to do it at the end of the season. No one is gonna come in and turn this side into a top 4 team mid-season. Especially Klopp, who keeps getting mentioned, who has a system of pressing which requires a lot of familiarity.

Rodgers is probably staying at least till Christmas, and more likely till the end of the season. But we're gonna have to endure this nonsense every time we don't win or even if we win and don't look good doing it.

He can't stay if we sink into the bottom three though. How is that tenable?
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #639 on: September 20, 2015, 06:44:39 pm »
Why did he leave Dortmund ? What place did they finish ?

Are you seriously suggesting Brendan is better manager than Klopp ffs?