Author Topic: What games are you playing at the moment?  (Read 208632 times)

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: What games are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #320 on: May 23, 2019, 05:56:55 pm »
Had a couple of hours with Total War: Three Kingdoms. Pretty lovely game. Added more complexity to the campaign side although switching back to historical-ish battles from having dragons and fireballs in the Warhammer version is a little bit of a shift down too. Not hugely into Chinese mythologised history but it's got a lot of charm to how it plays.
my computer was barely able to run Warhammer 1! Will check out the specs and see if it can run this without catching fire.
Love the Total War franchise. Empire is still my favorite.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #321 on: May 23, 2019, 06:19:25 pm »
my computer was barely able to run Warhammer 1! Will check out the specs and see if it can run this without catching fire.
Love the Total War franchise. Empire is still my favorite.

Never really got into Empire. Wasn't really playing many games at the time and so it and Napoleon passed me by a bit. Think I still have the original Shogun in a box somewhere though. This one reminds me a lot of Shogun 2, just in its sense of marking a very polished and tidy first entry to something a bit different. Is a bit demanding for specs though, yeah. Would compare to Warhammer 2 - I can get a bit more bling on the graphics in 3k to that and stay at 40/45 fps. That's good enough for me. Seems to be more GPU intensive than CPU which is a shift for TW.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: May 29, 2019, 07:04:46 pm »
Started a new playthrough of Fallout: New Vegas. Been a few years, so was about time. Still enjoyable. ;D
@Yvanicuzz

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #323 on: June 3, 2019, 09:59:37 pm »
I'm playing Rimworld again. First proper go since version 1.0 was released. One of those games where Early Access was done right (another one is Prison Architect). Had a lot of time to kill while recovering from surgery and being off work.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #324 on: June 3, 2019, 10:15:10 pm »
After drifting away from Apex I'm now back on Battleborn and amazed there's still a decent playerbase on PS4.  Love that game.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #325 on: June 3, 2019, 10:20:44 pm »
I'm playing Rimworld again. First proper go since version 1.0 was released. One of those games where Early Access was done right (another one is Prison Architect). Had a lot of time to kill while recovering from surgery and being off work.

Rimworld pffffffffffffftttttt, real men play dwarf fortress ;D

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: June 3, 2019, 10:25:22 pm »
Rimworld pffffffffffffftttttt, real men play dwarf fortress ;D

I am old and therefore my eyesight is not as good anymore. I need actual graphics and not some text-based shite to be able to play properly... :D

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: June 3, 2019, 10:46:17 pm »
I am old and therefore my eyesight is not as good anymore. I need actual graphics and not some text-based shite to be able to play properly... :D

It's got graphics, Meph tileset is probably the nicest looking at the moment and it's made by the same fella who's doing the graphics for the Steam release, though I do prefer ascii for things like animals, invaders, forgotten beasts etc as they're easier to spot just glancing at the map

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #328 on: June 4, 2019, 08:25:29 am »

Giving Divinity:Original Sin another run out. It`s fun and challenging. I love the regional accents, especially the Sean Connery impersonator.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: June 4, 2019, 11:54:11 am »
It's got graphics, Meph tileset is probably the nicest looking at the moment and it's made by the same fella who's doing the graphics for the Steam release, though I do prefer ascii for things like animals, invaders, forgotten beasts etc as they're easier to spot just glancing at the map

I might give it a try some day. Have been put off so far by the sheer complexity the whole game seems to have and was just too lazy to find out more about it... ;)

Divinity Original Sin is also a great game. I love the mechanics they use in the fights. There are so many ways to be creative...

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: June 4, 2019, 03:27:30 pm »

I believe they're releasing a Steam version that comes with an art pack preloaded, for people who can't be dealing with the vanilla version.

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: June 4, 2019, 03:58:52 pm »
I believe they're releasing a Steam version that comes with an art pack preloaded, for people who can't be dealing with the vanilla version.

Yeah, it was inevitable (shite DF pun ;D )

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: June 5, 2019, 08:31:00 am »
Started a new playthrough of Fallout: New Vegas. Been a few years, so was about time. Still enjoyable. ;D

I considered this the other day! Don't have the time to do it, but it was one of my favourite games ever. So immersive, what a setting for a game, and great plot.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: June 5, 2019, 08:35:47 am »
I might give it a try some day. Have been put off so far by the sheer complexity the whole game seems to have and was just too lazy to find out more about it... ;)

Divinity Original Sin is also a great game. I love the mechanics they use in the fights. There are so many ways to be creative...

9 reloads to get past the bloody big robot thingy last night; splitting the group up, sending them to different corners of the map, taking out specific enemies one at time etc. before i eventually worked out how to get past it. Great turn-based action.

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: June 5, 2019, 11:49:56 am »
Had a couple of hours with Total War: Three Kingdoms. Pretty lovely game. Added more complexity to the campaign side although switching back to historical-ish battles from having dragons and fireballs in the Warhammer version is a little bit of a shift down too. Not hugely into Chinese mythologised history but it's got a lot of charm to how it plays.
My computer couldn't run the new Total War so I reinstalled Warhammer 1. Having a blast. Can't say I'm any good at it but playing defensive as Dwarves just feels good, man. They stand their ground no matter what.

I was a beast with Empire and Napoleon. The guns and fire-by-rank just worked for me, I could win battles where I was severely outnumbered. I've always had a hard time with the swords and shields ones. Rome, Medieval, Warhammer.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: June 5, 2019, 09:43:18 pm »
I considered this the other day! Don't have the time to do it, but it was one of my favourite games ever. So immersive, what a setting for a game, and great plot.

Go for it ;D Can always take some breaks and come back.

I just remembered I'm missing an ending, so have to finish ;D
@Yvanicuzz

Offline martinsquirtle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: June 6, 2019, 02:26:15 pm »
Subnautica. Loving it so far

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #337 on: June 7, 2019, 07:32:57 pm »
Anyone played Trover Saves the Universe?

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #338 on: June 8, 2019, 01:01:02 pm »
Ass Creed Odyssey

Thought I'd hate it but it's great. So much to do, never get bored, love Ancient Greece as a setting (Rome is beyond played out)

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #339 on: June 10, 2019, 01:44:44 pm »
RDR2 when i have time to sink into it - otherwise its Tetris99
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: June 10, 2019, 01:55:58 pm »
Just finished a playthrough of the new Surviving Mars update, got Mars nicely terraformed and a colony of 1.5k people or so, was fun but not sure I feel like starting again. I'm waiting on the new Satisfactory update now that adds trains before jumping back into that, and in between playing little bits of Escape from Tarkov (survival shooter) and Insurgency.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #341 on: June 10, 2019, 01:56:57 pm »
Mortal Kombat 11

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: June 10, 2019, 02:56:47 pm »
I'm giving Pathfinder: Kingmaker a go. So, far it looks like a really nice RPG, but I've only played for a few hours. Hope it gets even more interesting, when I have my own barony and have to run it. I tried Pillars of Eternity first, but the fights were a bit too hard on normal difficulty. Then again setting the level on easy made them too easy and not really fun. So far, I don't have any issues with Pathfinder in terms of difficulty...

Online PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #343 on: June 10, 2019, 04:16:22 pm »
So I just got DMC 5 and AC: Odyssey in the Days of Playstation sale.

I can say this, both are really good, DMC 5 I have about 3 hours in, combat is fun as always and diff characters is cool - don't appreciate it having an ability to "buy" the game so to say and max out your character that way but I'm not gonna use it so no need to moan.

AC: Odyssey though... wow... just wow... 5 hours into the game and BOOM... Ubisoft presents... shit that first island was just the prologue!?!?!?! the world map looks absolutely massive and I have to say the game handles amazing and the new combat style is great, last AC I had played was Black Flag and this already feels like a whole other level!!! Massively impressed by it.

Offline Stand Free

• Anny Roader
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #344 on: June 10, 2019, 05:46:43 pm »
Will add onto the Assassins Creed Odyssey comments. Probably my favourite AC game. Did not enjoy Origins and ended up not completing it as I found the map and quests quite boring. Odyssey is the opposite, big fan of the setting and the quests don't get boring at all. Put a lot of time into it so far and not particularly close to finishing yet.

Offline Casta

• way
  • Anny Roader
  • Kiba, Per Sempre nel mio Cuore...
« Reply #345 on: June 10, 2019, 06:49:16 pm »
Managed to pick AC Odyssey up for dirt cheap over the weekend so will give it a go once i've finished Days gone (which is superb btw), also did grab a little known indie title off the PSN Plus called ' The remains of Edith Finch' which is only about 2 hours long but its really really good, defo worth grabbing if you have a plus account, its dark AF and deals with loss etc, good though.
Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: June 10, 2019, 07:16:02 pm »
Picking up Witcher 3 again after dropping it around 1/3 through a year ago, taking some time to get back into things, so much to do and so many names/characters/storylines to remember but really enjoying it.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: June 11, 2019, 02:33:33 am »
Managed to pick AC Odyssey up for dirt cheap over the weekend so will give it a go once i've finished Days gone (which is superb btw), also did grab a little known indie title off the PSN Plus called ' The remains of Edith Finch' which is only about 2 hours long but its really really good, defo worth grabbing if you have a plus account, its dark AF and deals with loss etc, good though.

Both those games are on my wanted list but still have to get God of War done.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #348 on: June 11, 2019, 07:36:31 am »
Fallout 76 is free this week, anyone fancy a bash on PC?
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: June 11, 2019, 08:40:39 pm »
Finally finished Metro Exodus.  Fantastic game and highly recommended for anyone who would enjoy a really immersive, story-driven shooter.  Plenty of 'open world' elements too in the first two thirds of the game.  A brilliant experience throughout.  I now have to re-start as I got the bad ending.   

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: June 13, 2019, 02:37:24 pm »
Bought Assassin’s Creed Odyssey on the cheap. It’s my first AC ever and I have no clue what I’m doing. Loving it so far, though. Looking forward to dive deep into it during the weekend.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: June 15, 2019, 05:17:38 pm »
Playing through AC Syndicate now. Quite far behind but I got into this gen late. Will look to pick up the complete editions of Origins and Odyssey when they're cheap. Sucks there don't appear to be any physical editions of the complete (gold) edition on the market.

Also playing Bloodborne for the first time. Absolutely amazing game once I let go of my initial apprehension of playing through a game like this one.

Got the Witcher 3, Hitman (Season 1), the original Tomb Raider game, Shadow of Mordor and all three Batman Rocksteady games next up.

Also, looking to pick up God of War and Spiderman on the cheap sometime during the year.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 05:23:39 pm by Garrus »

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: June 15, 2019, 05:55:06 pm »
Just play Witcher 3 and throw all that other garbage (except maybe Hitman) into the bin. And I'm not even a Witcher 3-fanboy... ;)

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: June 15, 2019, 06:31:45 pm »
Just play Witcher 3 and throw all that other garbage (except maybe Hitman) into the bin. And I'm not even a Witcher 3-fanboy... ;)
Going to save the best for last I think.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #354 on: June 16, 2019, 01:40:48 am »
Just finished a playthrough of the new Surviving Mars update, got Mars nicely terraformed and a colony of 1.5k people or so, was fun but not sure I feel like starting again. I'm waiting on the new Satisfactory update now that adds trains before jumping back into that, and in between playing little bits of Escape from Tarkov (survival shooter) and Insurgency.

Never really got into Surviving Mars, drunkenly bought it with a Season Pass on a sale a while back, but the soundtrack and aesthetic to it is absolutely fantastic. Might give it another go as they've added some more options for dealing with terrain which was always my bugbear.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: June 17, 2019, 07:40:53 am »
Thought Id start Darksouls Remastered. I heard it was brutal but never imagined it to be flat our garbage, controls are clunky as hell. Back to AC: Odyssey then!
- all in my opinion of course -

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: June 17, 2019, 02:31:34 pm »
Quick update on my RPG endeavours. Pathfinder Kingmaker got worse in terms of difficulty so I went back to Pillars of Eternity. That got a lot easier on normal once I had a better party. So, I'm going with that for the moment. Have the second game as well.

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: June 17, 2019, 02:50:41 pm »
Never really got into Surviving Mars, drunkenly bought it with a Season Pass on a sale a while back, but the soundtrack and aesthetic to it is absolutely fantastic. Might give it another go as they've added some more options for dealing with terrain which was always my bugbear.

Yeah being able to quickly flatten out and build on some ideal terrain is great, though big terraforming projects like building a ramp up a cliff can take a long time. They've also added some ways to consume waste rock which is great, as previously it would just pile up everywhere. It is a nice looking game and it's great hitting that point where the atmosphere is breathable and all of the domes open up (though I was a bit gutted the domes didn't animate through this stage). The one negative I found in my last playthrough was that the late techs and breakthroughs made everything really easy, while the last stages of terraforming were just a case of sitting and waiting for special projects to become available so I could complete them and move on to the next one.

I've installed BF4 again, it has a pretty fun game mode called Gun Master which I didn't even know about until years after it came out. It's team deathmatch but everyone starts with the same gun, and whenever you get a set amount of kills with your current gun you move to the next one in the list, with the goal of being the first person to get through them all.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: June 17, 2019, 02:58:25 pm »
Quick update on my RPG endeavours. Pathfinder Kingmaker got worse in terms of difficulty so I went back to Pillars of Eternity. That got a lot easier on normal once I had a better party. So, I'm going with that for the moment. Have the second game as well.

I`ve ordered it for the Xbox One, having completed the first game on PC. I`ve given up fixing/upgrading my PC, so i was chuffed that there are these type of games available on console. Divinity: Original Sin is really excellent when you get into it, humour, beautiful graphics and great plots, though i seem to spend an awful long time comparing items in my inventory. My daughter played it a bit and got a kick from nicking stuff from people then flogging it back to them.

You can imagine how happy i was to see this:

https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/06/01/original-baldurs-gate-and-more-rpgs-coming-to-consoles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=4fI0p4dSKlQ

That`s the cold winter nights sorted for me.

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: June 17, 2019, 03:48:59 pm »
Yeah. The divinity games are great due to the turn based combat. I like that better than realtime with pause...