Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2768591 times)

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #57000 on: September 21, 2020, 01:01:16 pm »
the eagles had crowd noise in their stadium, and the person in charge of it booed their own team.

how very philly.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #57001 on: September 21, 2020, 01:53:22 pm »
really worried about all these injuries for the 49ers. Jimmy G is out for the game as well with a injury. Does not bode well for the challenge this season. 
Apparently the NFL are looking at the turf to see if that has had an impact on the number of injuries
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #57002 on: September 21, 2020, 03:12:32 pm »
the eagles had crowd noise in their stadium, and the person in charge of it booed their own team.

how very philly.

Speaking of Philly, weren't they supposed to be 2-0 right now?
NFC East is as bad as everyone predicted, collectively 2-6-0 (though incl 1 div game)

Next week Giants host SF, Washington go to Cleveland, Eagles host Bengals and Cowboys head to Seattle. Maybe (maybe) there's 2+ wins in there, but I wouldn't put it past them to go 1-3.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #57003 on: September 21, 2020, 04:31:26 pm »
Apparently the NFL are looking at the turf to see if that has had an impact on the number of injuries

Given some 49ers players expressed concern about the surface then this isn’t a surprise.

Fact the 49ers play at MetLife again next Sunday make it even more likely. Sounds like some players are genuinely concerned about playing on the surface again
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #57004 on: September 21, 2020, 04:34:31 pm »
Looks like 49ers are signing free agent Ziggy Ansah. Get more help on D-line following recent injuries. Niners have had him visit twice before this pre-season so this move seems something that’s been on the cards if 49ers needed any pass rush help
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #57005 on: September 21, 2020, 05:55:13 pm »
Confirmed, Giants RB Barkley has torn ACL, out for the season.
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #57006 on: September 21, 2020, 06:00:35 pm »
Christian McCaffrey out for a month too, high ankle sprain
#Sausages

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #57007 on: September 21, 2020, 07:08:47 pm »
week 2 has been a c*nt in terms of injuries.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #57008 on: September 21, 2020, 07:10:15 pm »
week 2 has been a c*nt in terms of injuries.

It's like they all missed pre-season and are not fit and ready yet.....
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #57009 on: September 21, 2020, 07:49:03 pm »

that's a simple excuse that can be levelled at it, but unfortunately I think it's more just a case of shit happening.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #57010 on: September 21, 2020, 08:05:22 pm »
First NFL game in the Raiders new stadium tonight, live on Channel 5 in the UK too
#Sausages

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57011 on: September 21, 2020, 10:52:06 pm »
Just a shame that Monday games are on so late over here.
NFL without fans has worked surprisingly well for me thus far. I guess the camera angle is different than in football and ice hockey.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #57012 on: September 21, 2020, 11:37:16 pm »
Just a shame that Monday games are on so late over here.
NFL without fans has worked surprisingly well for me thus far. I guess the camera angle is different than in football and ice hockey.

This is were having the game pass comes in handy, can watch MNF anytime tomorrow on the game pass at a more convenient hour, without all the ad breaks. ;)
#Sausages

Online Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #57013 on: September 22, 2020, 01:40:36 am »
Chargers’ rookie quarterback, Herbert, did an amazing job. Ran for a touchdown on his first drive, seemed pretty calm and composed and had some great passes. Still early days but he looked like the real deal.

He looked good - which made it amusing right after the game  when Lynn came out and said if Tyod was fit, he would start no matter what, despite never once looking as good as Herbert did last night

Online Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #57014 on: September 22, 2020, 04:41:31 am »
Well done to the LV Raiders, won their 1st home game in their new stadium, 34-24 vs New Orleans Saints.  After a shaky start vs NO, they dominated for long periods, Carr was great at QB & another 100+ scrimmage yards for Jacobs.  After 2 initial punts, they scored on 6 of their next 7 drives, 4 TDs & 2 FGs (including a 50 yards + winning FG) & took a lot of time off the clock.   

Gruden's 1st win against a team with a winning record since he rejoined the Raiders.

The AFC West is going to be an interesting conference this season.  The Raiders were my team of choice in the 80s when NFL was shown on C4 (loved the silver & black top), so it's nice to see them on an upward trajectory again.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #57015 on: September 22, 2020, 01:38:20 pm »
Discipline is major issue with the Saints, they gave up 6 penalties for 119 yards last week but managed to win[Bucs gave up 9 penalties for 103 yards], this week they gave up 10 penalties for 129 yards.
#Sausages

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #57016 on: September 22, 2020, 01:49:57 pm »
doubt many saw that result coming. but fair play to the raiders that's a really good result, and it's good that they won the first game in their new stadium too.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #57017 on: September 22, 2020, 07:41:13 pm »
After Sunday’s win over the Vikings, Colts linebacker Darius Leonard threw his gloves to a young fan. But what Leonard didn’t realize was that his wedding ring had come off and was in his glove.

Offline potatomato33

• Combat Carl
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57018 on: September 23, 2020, 02:47:37 am »
Confirmed, Giants RB Barkley has torn ACL, out for the season.

Alright baby! #1 draft pick, here we come!!!!

Please get better and don't leave us Saquon.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57019 on: September 23, 2020, 03:51:32 am »

Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #57020 on: September 23, 2020, 08:57:42 am »

the gints aren't even the worst team in their own stadium.

Online KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #57021 on: September 23, 2020, 12:26:38 pm »
doubt many saw that result coming. but fair play to the raiders that's a really good result, and it's good that they won the first game in their new stadium too.

Most 'experts' had us getting between 4 & 6 wins. I guess it could still happen...

The offence can be a juggernaut, a long drive, physical beast mixing the run and ball control passes. It grinds other teams down. Denzelle Good has been excellent filling in for Trent Brown at RT. Brown really needs to get on the field or that big contract will be questioned.

The defence is still a bottom half outfit IMHO; the D-Line looks even worse than last year so far, 1 sack in two games is not good enough. The linebackers have been upgraded, though Kwik (i`m not going to attempt to spell his full name) is already out injured. The DBs have been our achilles heel for 20 years, but they look a bit better this year with Arnette and Mullen good against the run and solid in coverage. Abrams is a beast at FS, but our other safeties are subpar.

I`d be delighted with 9+ wins this season. I`m actually thinking about a trip to Vegas in '21 or '22, and I don`t gamble. Guess i could sit by the pool until gametime  ;)
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #57022 on: September 23, 2020, 12:35:16 pm »
when we went to vegas a few years ago one of my mates never had a single bet or gamble on anything, so it can be done.

Online Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57023 on: September 23, 2020, 12:40:01 pm »

Usually there's complaints about how many injuries happen during 'pointless' pre-season games.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #57024 on: September 23, 2020, 02:45:09 pm »

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #57025 on: September 24, 2020, 11:58:16 am »
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/nfl-legend-gale-sayers-dead-164800288.html

RIP Gale Sayers, so much talent, even more class...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57026 on: September 27, 2020, 07:11:15 pm »
Raiders - Patriots hasn’t exactly been a cracker so far. Would be a huge boost for Oakland Las Vegas if they go 3-0 to start the season.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #57027 on: September 27, 2020, 07:13:14 pm »
the bills might actually be good you know

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #57028 on: September 27, 2020, 09:04:50 pm »
Not a fan of either team, but that was such a bullshit DPI call on the Rams that gifted the Bills the win.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #57029 on: September 27, 2020, 09:07:52 pm »
Not a fan of either team, but that was such a bullshit DPI call on the Rams that gifted the Bills the win.

it was no worse than the 'interception' that was called earlier in the game

Online Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #57030 on: September 27, 2020, 09:23:31 pm »
The AtLolta Falcons.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #57031 on: September 27, 2020, 09:29:06 pm »
looked like both the vikings and falcons might have managed to both get a win tonight, but they both seem to be fully dedicated to shitness instead.

and the browns are over .500 for the first time since 2014!

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #57032 on: September 27, 2020, 09:42:03 pm »
Over the last 20 seasons, no team has blown multiple 15-point fourth quarters leads in a single season.

The Falcons just did it in back-to-back weeks.

Online Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #57033 on: September 27, 2020, 09:50:15 pm »
Eagles can't even best the Bengals at home. Embarrassing stuff. Still winless.

Online Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #57034 on: September 27, 2020, 10:28:24 pm »
Just watching the Shitehawks against the Cowboys.  That last play (lateral 7 yards behind the same line, leading to a 3rd and 15) was one of the worst I have ever seen.  Dak looks truly average - what I have been saying for a while

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #57035 on: September 28, 2020, 12:12:02 am »
the only 2 teams that failed to score double figures tonight both play home games in metlife stadium.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57036 on: September 28, 2020, 02:16:45 am »
the only 2 teams that failed to score double figures tonight both play home games in metlife stadium.

Combined 28-74 in the last 102 games combined for these two.

Also, Giants, Vikings, Falcons, Jaguars, etc need to piss off and start winning games.  Trevor Lawrence is for my Jets to ruin.
King Kenny.

Online KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #57037 on: September 28, 2020, 09:57:26 am »

What the actual fuck was Doug Pedersen doing late in the game? The Eagles drove down the field, had plenty of time left but decided their best option was a near 60 yard FG for the overtime win? Then they got a penalty that pushed them back and opted to punt on 4th & 7! Either totally cowardly or very fishy.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #57038 on: September 28, 2020, 10:24:50 am »
NFC East stinking up the league again, Washington Football Team lead the division on 1-2, whilst in the NFC West the Niners are bottom of there division on 2-1 :lmao
#Sausages

Online Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #57039 on: September 28, 2020, 11:16:04 am »
NFC East stinking up the league again, Washington Football Team lead the division on 1-2, whilst in the NFC West the Niners are bottom of there division on 2-1 :lmao

And that win was Vs Eagles. To date only win in the other 10 games outside the division is Dallas Vs Atlanta. NFC East is currently 1-8-1 through 3 weeks of games outside the Div and 2-9-1 overall.

Looking like the team that wins the rivalry games will be a sho-in for the division. Who that will be is anyone's guess.

"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"