Author Topic: VAR big screen  (Read 12757 times)

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
VAR big screen
« on: June 5, 2019, 07:54:11 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48534031

Wonder if we'll get one and where it will be located?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: VAR big screen
« Reply #1 on: June 5, 2019, 07:55:53 pm »
Not if they have any sense  ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2 on: June 5, 2019, 08:08:49 pm »
What's the point? Most fans are biased and will still claim the call was wrong, even if it's shown on a big screen

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 5, 2019, 08:31:18 pm »
No chance we’ll get one unless becomes compulsory- even then you’d stick it high up out the way

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4 on: June 6, 2019, 08:21:35 am »
We got planning permission a few years ago to install a couple of screens, and someone on here said they’d been purchased, but they never got installed.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #5 on: June 6, 2019, 03:02:30 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vJm8wc0eXYg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vJm8wc0eXYg</a>
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: June 7, 2019, 02:58:41 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vJm8wc0eXYg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vJm8wc0eXYg</a>

Lol I think that would do the job
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline reddazforever

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7 on: June 7, 2019, 07:06:15 am »
Seen a few articles about this - the video clips are only for those grounds with big screens.  There will be standard messages that appear for grounds like Anfield which have more simple scoreboards.  This really isn’t a problem for us
Proudest ever moment was in the Ataturk stadium - i'm sure the wife will understand!

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: June 7, 2019, 09:44:47 am »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48534031

Wonder if we'll get one and where it will be located?

Liverpool will NOT install any big screens at Anfield in preparation for the introduction of VAR in the Premier League next season.

The Reds are one of several top-flight clubs - including Manchester United - not to have at least one large video screen in their stadium.

Anfield instead has two electronic scoreboards, one at the corner of the Sir Kenny Dalglish Stand and Kop, and the other high at the corner between the Main Stand and the Kop.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-make-big-screen-decision-16390687
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9 on: June 7, 2019, 11:13:47 am »
We got planning permission a few years ago to install a couple of screens, and someone on here said they’d been purchased, but they never got installed.

They're used for the rugby league but that's it.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #10 on: June 7, 2019, 11:18:25 am »
I hope not. I hate VAR as much as I hate screens.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: June 7, 2019, 02:06:41 pm »
i hate it when players and fans check themselves on the big screen. rather see real emotion when camera is on them. its great that we didn't have them ever.

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #12 on: June 7, 2019, 07:52:35 pm »
Seems like a great way to incite a crowd riot about bad calls. What could go wrong?
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #13 on: June 8, 2019, 11:59:38 am »

They've not made a decision yet on the screens.  Plans are in place for one to replace the new scoreboard, and then one between the Main Stand and the Annie Road end, so it can be seen from the Kop.

But the club hasn't decided yet what they're going to do. Think it's previously been rejected because of the cost involved, but with VAR and other considerations, there are more serious discussions taking place.

(Source: someone involved at the club in these projects)
« Last Edit: June 8, 2019, 12:01:52 pm by JC the Messiah »
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #14 on: June 8, 2019, 03:36:25 pm »
Hope it’s George Sephton hanging out is little box with a big flip board that says GOAL/NO GOAL on either side.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15 on: June 8, 2019, 04:07:57 pm »
Hope it’s George Sephton hanging out is little box with a big flip board that says GOAL/NO GOAL on either side.

Just a thumbs up or thumbs down will do.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #16 on: June 8, 2019, 05:51:45 pm »
What's the point? Most fans are biased and will still claim the call was wrong, even if it's shown on a big screen

Showing fans the decisions will at least potentially keep them interested, vs. Just waiting and getting negative...

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #17 on: June 8, 2019, 05:54:30 pm »
I read something the other day about them (not sure if it was ourselves or an official Premier League thing) working on an app, with instant VAR clips :D

Good luck getting service for that.
AHA!

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: June 9, 2019, 01:57:33 am »
Seems like a great way to incite a crowd riot about bad calls. What could go wrong?

Nothing. They're already in hundreds of sporting stadiums around the world in various sporting codes and there's never been a crowd issue.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #19 on: June 9, 2019, 09:51:20 pm »
Why do we need to see a replay of the incident.... it’s not like we make the final decision.

VAR is a complete waste of time...... as it still comes down to a refs view of what happened!!!

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
  • And what a delighted scorer – it's Tommy Smith!
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2019, 02:27:44 pm »
We survived getting knocked out of the FA cup by West Brom without the need for replays for the VAR moments. True, we whined about the time it took to resolve decisions but that's been refined. The ref makes the decision, I don't need to see it over and over again. No screens for me. It's what's on the pitch that counts.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2019, 02:39:42 pm »
Why do we need to see a replay of the incident.... it’s not like we make the final decision.

VAR is a complete waste of time...... as it still comes down to a refs view of what happened!!!

It's quite clearly not a waste of time. Officials make the final decision, but based on replays of the play from multiple angles. It helps them make a more informed decision. They'll get the correct decision more often than not, and more often than without VAR. Why is that a waste of time?

"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2019, 12:04:57 pm »
It's quite clearly not a waste of time. Officials make the final decision, but based on replays of the play from multiple angles. It helps them make a more informed decision. They'll get the correct decision more often than not, and more often than without VAR. Why is that a waste of time?

It's a waste of time because ultimately a lot of the rules come down to interpretation. One ref gives a foul that another doesn't and because of this there will never be consistency. So we end up with the same result but it takes longer to get there. More informed or not.

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2019, 07:57:37 pm »
It's a waste of time because ultimately a lot of the rules come down to interpretation. One ref gives a foul that another doesn't and because of this there will never be consistency. So we end up with the same result but it takes longer to get there. More informed or not.
Exactly this........

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2019, 08:20:11 pm »
I'm a little concerned that this turns in to a circular discussion, but what about the fact that the BBC sports department looked at all the incorrect calls against us using video footage for 2016/17 and we had the most incorrect goal opportunity or disallowed calls in the league - worth at least 12 points, taking us to 2nd. Worth more than a throw in coach, at a guess. MUFC were the opposite that season.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45087444
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2019, 08:48:07 pm »

It'll be more consistent, as the officials get more than a one off view of an incident. There are plenty of clear transgressions, blatant offsides that have been missed, fouls that the ref couldn't see because his view was blocked, etc.

There might be some calls that are more subjective, but for the more clear cut incidents it'll improve the accuracy, hence clearly not a "complete waste of time".
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2019, 09:32:39 pm »
I'm a little concerned that this turns in to a circular discussion, but what about the fact that the BBC sports department looked at all the incorrect calls against us using video footage for 2016/17 and we had the most incorrect goal opportunity or disallowed calls in the league - worth at least 12 points, taking us to 2nd. Worth more than a throw in coach, at a guess. MUFC were the opposite that season.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45087444

I don't agree. A throw-in coach deals with things that we can control. VAR doesn't. There's no reason to think that 2016/17 was a typical year. In other years the decisions might go against us.

What Klopp and the management team are doing is working to be better in all areas that we can control. You say we might have got second in 2016-17 if all calls had gone for us.

In 2018-19 we got second with 97 points and there was no VAR.

VAR is for losers. Winners just get on with the game.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2019, 04:44:26 pm »
VAR is for losers. Winners just get on with the game.

City got on with the game and lost to a VAR decision.

VAR is just VAR.
:D

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2019, 11:54:15 am »
Just a thumbs up or thumbs down will do.

Very old-fashioned.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2019, 07:12:31 pm »
So offside not included...... or will that be covered under 'goals' ?

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #30 on: July 5, 2019, 01:35:57 pm »
2019 - 2020 will be a season defined by many many varguments.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2019, 10:41:33 pm »
Be assed getting a screen