Author Topic: Liverpool 2-2 Man City: Full time....  (Read 66760 times)

Offline Danny_

• Amnesiac_
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool 2-2 Man City: Full time....
« Reply #200 on: August 26, 2012, 06:03:52 pm »
Sterling, Coates, Allen and Suarez fantastic!

Gerrard not so..

I thought Gerrard played great - don't know what game you were looking at.  Sterling, Allen and Coates were fantastic.  Fantastic goal by Suarez but his touch wasn't that great - seemed a bit off today.  It's a testament to how great a player he is that he can still have a big impact on the game though even when he isn't 100 percent. 

Offline kapil08

• Kopite
« Reply #201 on: August 26, 2012, 06:03:56 pm »
That mumbling Skrtel did towards himself in the end....those are first signs of real fire anf anger for that mistake. First signs that you'll improve yourself and will try your all to avoid that mistake again.

Raheem, Allen, Shelvey, well pretty mush all the boys played superbly.

Learning curve.
"If Bob Paisley had been on the continent or in America, in whatever capacity or field he worked, and achieved what he achieved, I think he’d be rated higher than the President, the Lord Mayor, the King or the Queen or whatever"

Ron Atkinson

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: August 26, 2012, 06:04:11 pm »
Dissapointed with luis really. he is better from wide or playing off someone.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline TheGhost

• Legacy Fan
  • Yup!
« Reply #203 on: August 26, 2012, 06:04:12 pm »
I thought Shelvey was really good after he had a nightmare the other night good signs all round from this team I'm feeling positive.
when someone asks if you're a God, you say Yes!

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: August 26, 2012, 06:04:13 pm »
Should have won, but there were so many positives. Sterling, Coates, Allen, Johnson and Shelvey were all excellent. We are desperate for a striker though.

Offline stiffnuts

• rustytool
  • No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #205 on: August 26, 2012, 06:04:13 pm »
One of those mistakes were going to have to get used to in the early stages of Rodgers game style. Great all round performance.

Agree both goals were as a result of trying to control he ball or tying to play, would rather see a work in progress then hoof ball, incredibly proud !

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: August 26, 2012, 06:04:21 pm »
We were brilliant today. Should have had the three points only for a stupid mistake and it would have be a deserved win against the league champions.

Keep playing like that and we'll do alright. Level with spurs, a point behind arsenal with arsenal next up at anfield.

Offline Ste08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: August 26, 2012, 06:04:25 pm »
In the manner the goals were conceded its not a great result.  Our own worst enemy at times.  On the positive side if and its a big if we play like that every week we wont go far wrong this season. 

Offline iRed

• Kopite
« Reply #208 on: August 26, 2012, 06:04:38 pm »
What a game!

I'm feeling hugely positive after what I've just watched.  Much more than I was before this match.  Yes, we should have won, but what I saw today has me firmly believing we are on the right track.

Skrtel's error wasn't a failure to play to the system.  It was just one of those awful mistakes that players very rarely make regardless of how they are lined up.  Brush it off.

Surprised that I feel this good, actually.  Imagine Sahin in there.   It's going to get much better.  We're moving forward.

Offline TheCharlatan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #209 on: August 26, 2012, 06:04:40 pm »
The ref was a fucking wanker.

That's all that needs to be said. Youngest side since 2003, Sahin and Agger not playing. Two easily avoidable mistakes. 1 point against the champions

We should all be happy. But I will repeat this for emphasis:

The ref was a fucking wanker  :wanker  :wanker

Offline Zelnaga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: August 26, 2012, 06:04:41 pm »
Dissapointed with luis really. he is better from wide or playing off someone.

This. Apart from his free kick which was sublime I thought his link up play was poor and constantly ran into a brick wall.

Offline polki

• Main Stander
  • Needs to bulk up
« Reply #211 on: August 26, 2012, 06:04:44 pm »

Not a bad result, would have happily taken a draw before kick off.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: August 26, 2012, 06:04:44 pm »
Mariners a fucking prat, always has been. Missed a couple of handballs (one by us one by them) as he was facing the wrong fucking way.

Gutted by the two errors but a good display. Should really have taken the three here - same as at home to City last year.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: August 26, 2012, 06:04:45 pm »
I thought Gerrard played great - don't know what game you were looking at.  Sterling, Allen and Coates were fantastic.  Fantastic goal by Suarez but his touch wasn't that great - seemed a bit off today.  It's a testament to how great a player he is that he can still have a big impact on the game though even when he isn't 100 percent. 

He did, but he's Gerrard, some people will always find something.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: August 26, 2012, 06:04:47 pm »
Very, very good performance bar 2 errors at the back. At times City struggled to cope with our pressing game and with a bit more composure up front we could have got more goals. Raheem was superb, he just looks like he fits into the first team already. If we keep putting displays in like that and cut out the silly errors we will be great this season.

Joe Allen is fucking boss - what a player we have there.

Offline Cicero

• Main Stander
« Reply #215 on: August 26, 2012, 06:04:48 pm »
Hopefully we can play this against the smaller clubs.

Gutted though.

Offline ScouserCal

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #216 on: August 26, 2012, 06:04:49 pm »
Brilliant game to watch at last we played some decent stuff !

Bit gutted with the result but im confident that We'll do Le Arse next week.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: August 26, 2012, 06:04:49 pm »
Gutted at the final scoreline, but impressed with our performance today where we were easily the best team for all but the 15 mins it took us to adjust to the loss of Lucas.

Too many good individual performances as part of the overall team performance to single many out, but happy to see both Coates and Sterling reward the manager's confidence in them today.

Offline Red Cez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stop Fucking Moaning!!!!
« Reply #218 on: August 26, 2012, 06:04:50 pm »
Happy with that.

We matched the best team in England and produced a performance that was leaps and bounds ahead of what we've seen so far under Brendan. Hope we can continue to improve and really start playing the sort of footie Brendan wants, I really believe that if we do we'll have a big chance of at the very least being in the shake up for the top 4.
Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.

Oscar Wilde

Offline ThatYungstarrYNWA

• Main Stander
  • [Insert clever comment here]
« Reply #219 on: August 26, 2012, 06:04:53 pm »
My thoughts:

Suarez was Suarez. Tricky, created chances, and that FK was special. But there was a chance that he should have converted and there were a couple times when I thought he could have played an easier ball to a teammate at the top of  the box had his head been up.

Borini looked a lot better in the second half. Loved his intensity and I thought he made lots of good runs.

Sterling IS READY for the first team now. Especially when faced against guys like Kolo who don't have the pace to keep up with him. For a little guy he did well to win a couple balls and hold up possession.

Midfield was fucking brilliant. I really think Jonjo is going to be the next Gerrard. He strikes the ball with power from distance and can play a great long ball.

I thought Kelly and Johnson were fantastic when going forward. Kelly was running up and down the pitch the whole time he was in there, showed great work rate. Skrtel barring his mistake had a great game and Coates was adequete. Thought Coates attempted some clumsy challenges and failed to win the ball or stop his man from advancing.

Not a bad result, it just sucks cause we definitely were the better side. But I was thoroughly impressed by the way the team played and fought hard all game long. If only they could do the same against inferior opposition or after going down a goal...
YNWA: We don't wear it on an armband, we wear it on our hearts...

Offline jeffthorn

• Main Stander
« Reply #220 on: August 26, 2012, 06:04:53 pm »
*sigh* What soft goals to concede, dammit Skrtel! Suarez's goal was class though...disappointing result! But I'm happy with the way we played, and it was an entertaining affair all round imho.
Liverpool & Oxford Utd are my passion.

Offline Mali1

• No chance. Not all. Never. Hope died long ago, left dangling pitifully and listlessly from my tree of despondency and despair. Oh yes.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #221 on: August 26, 2012, 06:04:54 pm »
One day luck will come our way

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: August 26, 2012, 06:05:07 pm »
This game further underlines for me that we need a proper striker.  Suarez is clearly not it, Borini will take time to develop, Carroll... who knows what is going on there...  If we had a striker there, we'd have won the game despite the mistakes because we'd have put away at least a couple of chances that we fluffed (Borini in the first half, Suarez should have pulled it back to Kelly, he had a couple of chances second half). 

Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline Fuson

• Main Stander
  • "To last you need to be real."
« Reply #223 on: August 26, 2012, 06:05:09 pm »
Joke defending. Been going on for over six months now almost continuously. When was our last clean sheet? What is the longest we've gone without giving a goal away were about the only thing we've left for the opposition to do was hit it in the net, like for the first goal.

Some of our fans just do not have the mentality to support for Liverpool F.C.

Fixed

& Obviously we kept clean sheets against: Gomel, Gomel, & Hearts this year.

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #224 on: August 26, 2012, 06:05:15 pm »
Joke defending. Been going on for over six months now almost continuously. When was our last clean sheet? What is the longest we've gone without giving a goal away were about the only thing we've left for the opposition to do was hit it in the net, like for the first goal.

Some of our players just do not have the mentality to play for Liverpool F.C.
Last Thursday against Hearts.
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline lifelongreds

• Anny Roader
« Reply #225 on: August 26, 2012, 06:05:23 pm »
We need to improve thats for sure. But there were moments when we controlled the game so well, not daunted to making the short passes that led to rotations which eventually gave us openings. Liked the fact that no one was afraid of the responsibility of keeping the ball. Shit result but good performance. Apart from the first 20 minutes we were dominant. We just need to keep the faith boys, we will get there

Offline Equilibrium

• Anny Roader
  • Only a select few achieve greatness...
« Reply #226 on: August 26, 2012, 06:05:24 pm »
Great performance! I worry about boroni though good movement! but will he score the goals? or will we be looking for better this time next year?
Vidal, Ronaldo, Neymar, Falcao, Veratti.

Mourinho, Klopp, Conte, Prandelli,Diego Simeone.

Offline Noelle

• iverpoo?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: August 26, 2012, 06:05:33 pm »
The ultimate result is a bit disappointing, especially as that mistake from Martin really should never have happened but what's done is done. It almost feels wrong to say it after the way it was tossed around last season but there really is progress being made here. All in all a great performance from everyone. I will say one thing that concerned me is near the end, we seemed to settle into last season's mentality of panic and attack-at-all-costs rather than intelligently and calmly seeking the third goal, but aside from that there's nothing that really stands out as being excessively bad. Let's not let this be a flash in the pan and kick on from here. Keep playing like this for the next 36 weeks and we should be just fine.

Offline Vood0o

• Main Stander
« Reply #228 on: August 26, 2012, 06:05:33 pm »
Absolutely delighted with the performance today. If we played like that every match we'd win the league.

Offline Batukop

• needy little fucker
  • Anny Roader
  • Pure Shores
« Reply #229 on: August 26, 2012, 06:05:42 pm »
I can't believe any fan would moan about that. We passed well, moved well, we made city knackered. It was a fucking good performance.
"You may have found me mean and thirsty in my search for trophies, but the bad news is the man who is taking my place is hungrier than me. Fagan's the name and I don't think he'll need any help from the Artful Dodger!" Bob Paisley on Joe Fagan.

Shear me. Shear my ass. Make me naked.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: August 26, 2012, 06:05:46 pm »

Some of our players just do not have the mentality to play for Liverpool F.C.

Calm down lad. Our defence was a strong point last season. We're playing a new system where the centre backs are a bit more isolated. I'm confident we'll get used to it eventually, look at Swansea's defensive record last year.

Offline Mizerooskie

• Kopite
« Reply #231 on: August 26, 2012, 06:05:49 pm »
Excellent performance and a frustrating result.

And the negative talk directed at Pepe is bollocks.  How many keepers in the world would have stopped the Tevez chance?  He was put into two near impossible situations when his defenders were unable to effectively control the ball.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: August 26, 2012, 06:05:57 pm »
I know we made some shocking mistakes but games like today give me hope that we'll be alrite this season.

Offline Rojo O Muerto

• Legacy Fan
  • LGTBQIA2S+
« Reply #233 on: August 26, 2012, 06:06:06 pm »
Progress is progress and I'm seeing it. That mistake came from the new style of play trying to be implemented. Unfortunate.
If you can't support us when we're shartin', don't support us when we're fartin'

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: August 26, 2012, 06:06:10 pm »
at the end of the season we'll think a point against city was a valuable one and that many other teams won't have that.

comparing this game with the hearts one, i hope adam downing carra and spearings days are numbered as they either aren't good enough or can't keep up with the tempo that allen set today.

Reina is still a massive worry however...

Offline Walshy nMeŽ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #235 on: August 26, 2012, 06:06:30 pm »
Delighted with the way we played today.  Such a shame mistakes cost us the game but the positives are far outweighing the negatives today.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #236 on: August 26, 2012, 06:06:36 pm »
Worrying that we can't score from open play.

Can't we? I think we should let this team develop a bit more.

Offline Warks Moustache

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: August 26, 2012, 06:06:45 pm »
Coates was also immense. So so good even after not playing much.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #238 on: August 26, 2012, 06:06:46 pm »
disappointing really. We didn't score from open play again, and played shit defense. I think its ok to knock it out for a throw in with 10 minutes left.

No it is not, not if you want passing from the back to bed in.

Offline Speedy Gonzalez

• is really rather very slow actually
  • Kopite
  • El Pistolero
« Reply #239 on: August 26, 2012, 06:06:51 pm »
The draw feels like I had the best sex of my life only to later find out the girl was a tranvestite.
★★★★★ Kings of Europe ★★★★★