Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 608137 times)

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #4720 on: May 11, 2018, 09:20:41 pm »
Has Stephen A mentioned mark Jackson yet?
No but he mentioned Stackhouse

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4721 on: May 11, 2018, 09:20:54 pm »
to be honest I wonder if they’ll try to get Carlisle out of Dallas, know he has a job for life there,but he’s wasted with them

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4722 on: May 11, 2018, 09:21:28 pm »
No but he mentioned Stackhouse
not a bad shout that seeing as he coaches their d league team and is highly rated

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4723 on: May 11, 2018, 09:22:18 pm »
The Bucks are known to be interested in Budenholzer, I hope they get there first.

to be honest I wonder if they’ll try to get Carlisle out of Dallas, know he has a job for life there,but he’s wasted with them

If he leaves Dallas it won't be for Toronto unfortunately.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4724 on: May 11, 2018, 09:27:38 pm »
To be honest Ujiri is starting to go downhill quickly. He started off great making loads of good moves but recently less so. We've got an aging Lowry, Ibaka and Valanciunas on contracts that make them virtually untradable and no cap space. He should be taking some heat now. The failure to beat the Cavs is not down to coaching, the fact we were ever in a position to face them is down to coaching.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4725 on: May 11, 2018, 09:35:04 pm »
To be honest Ujiri is starting to go downhill quickly. He started off great making loads of good moves but recently less so. We've got an aging Lowry, Ibaka and Valanciunas on contracts that make them virtually untradable and no cap space. He should be taking some heat now. The failure to beat the Cavs is not down to coaching, the fact we were ever in a position to face them is down to coaching.
id say he deserves credit for getting a roster that deep with those issues to be honest, but it was obvious one of Casey/derozan/Lowry was going so as usual you make the easiest change

If he leaves Dallas it won't be for Toronto unfortunately.
true, but he did spend years in Indiana so does give me hope they could get him, can’t think of anyone else out of work who could significantly improve them to be honest, then again Casey was one of his assistants when he won the title so doubt he’d want to be seen as doing that to Casey, stackhouse to be honest could be interesting here though

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4726 on: May 11, 2018, 09:40:18 pm »
The failure to beat the Cavs is not down to coaching, the fact we were ever in a position to face them is down to coaching.
I didn’t understand this part, you were 1st seed and they were 4th hence you faced them, no?
I agree with you though Ujiri lost some of his swag last few years. To me the killer was Ibaka deal. He went downhill in his last year in OKC and played even worse at Magic yet Ujiri still tied him up. Also they should’ve seoarated Lowry-DeRozan years ago. If I had to, I would have let Lowry go instead of maxing him.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4727 on: May 11, 2018, 09:44:43 pm »
id say he deserves credit for getting a roster that deep with those issues to be honest, but it was obvious one of Casey/derozan/Lowry was going so as usual you make the easiest change
true, but he did spend years in Indiana so does give me hope they could get him, can’t think of anyone else out of work who could significantly improve them to be honest, then again Casey was one of his assistants when he won the title so doubt he’d want to be seen as doing that to Casey, stackhouse to be honest could be interesting here though

Stackhouse would be an interesting option. I wouldn't be against him.

I didn’t understand this part, you were 1st seed and they were 4th hence you faced them, no?
I agree with you though Ujiri lost some of his swag last few years. To me the killer was Ibaka deal. He went downhill in his last year in OKC and played even worse at Magic yet Ujiri still tied him up. Also they should’ve seoarated Lowry-DeRozan years ago. If I had to, I would have let Lowry go instead of maxing him.

What I mean is this is not a number 1 seed roster on paper at all. People shouldn't be criticising Casey for failing to get a number 1 seed to the finals, they should be giving him credit for getting that roster that far. Milwaukee, Cleveland and Boston have more talented and versatile squads.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4728 on: May 11, 2018, 09:44:58 pm »
I said this exact thing recently to my friend. One of the top coaches in the league but wasting his prime years in Mavs since Cuban has been tanking and not successfully tanking either. They are just making bad moves, now rumors link them to Whiteside which would be another idiotic move for them.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4729 on: May 11, 2018, 11:11:33 pm »
I said this exact thing recently to my friend. One of the top coaches in the league but wasting his prime years in Mavs since Cuban has been tanking and not successfully tanking either. They are just making bad moves, now rumors link them to Whiteside which would be another idiotic move for them.
im hoping for their sake they get doncic, him and Smith should be fun for the future and there’s a nice bit of torch passing between him and dirk, otherwise it’s just a waste and a sad end to dirks career too

What I mean is this is not a number 1 seed roster on paper at all. People shouldn't be criticising Casey for failing to get a number 1 seed to the finals, they should be giving him credit for getting that roster that far. Milwaukee, Cleveland and Boston have more talented and versatile squads.
milwaukee had Jason Kidd as the coach, Cleveland idiotically traded their second best player to the only team in the conference with a better regular season record than them for a 29 year old shortarse with a hip problem and an overinflated opinion of himself and Boston lost their second best player for the season after 5minutes and their best player has missed the playoffs, and yet look at where they are (not that it’s fair to expect all coaches to be as good as Stevens)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 11:13:25 pm by Laughter is the best medicine... »

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4730 on: May 12, 2018, 12:52:21 pm »
Stackhouse would be an interesting option. I wouldn't be against him.

Hiring Stackhouse isn’t going to help Toronto beat Lebron and the Cavs.  One of the dumbest decisions in a long time firing Casey after the season that Toronto had. 

Totally agree on your second paragraph.  If Toronto wants to get out of the East and play for a championship they need a much better team. 

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4731 on: May 12, 2018, 02:02:57 pm »
Totally agree on your second paragraph.  If Toronto wants to get out of the East and play for a championship they need a much better team. 
and how do they do that, do you think they can get someone like Kawhi? Or trade jinas/ibaka for boogie in a a sign and trade? Reality is they’re pretty much set with the main cast for the next few years and I doubt they could get an all star calibre player if they gave up some of their depth (eg jonas, siakam, van vleet) I doubt they could get someone who is even a potential Allstar like jokic or a Marc gasol, and giving up on Lowry and/or derozan for almost certainly less than their value isn’t a great idea and I don’t think anyone is dumb enough to do a trade akin to the nets/Celtics one

Offline Dread Breath

• Resident Lecter. Convicted of crimes against Andrew Symonds and pensioned off to Australia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4732 on: May 13, 2018, 10:38:07 am »
Draft lottery this week, a big day for many teams: the Suns have punted massively on getting Doncic by signing Kokoskov.
Blame me for all the draft threads on RAWK

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #4733 on: May 13, 2018, 09:38:26 pm »
Cavs getting an absolute shellacking in the Garden. 30% FG shooting vs 60% for the Celts.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4734 on: May 13, 2018, 09:44:20 pm »
Brad Stevens is a wizard. There's no other logical explanation. Cavs didn't make a single 3 in the first half.

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4735 on: May 13, 2018, 09:47:28 pm »
Boston is legit. Hoping for a Rockets vs Celtics finals. Would make for a refreshing change after multiple years of Warriors vs Cavs.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4736 on: May 13, 2018, 10:25:40 pm »
The youngsters ain’t half bad either...

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4737 on: May 13, 2018, 10:42:48 pm »
Brad Stevens is the one person who COULD just walk into Mordor
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4738 on: May 14, 2018, 07:17:22 am »
The great thing about the "apparent" GOAT still playing is we get to see more examples of why he just isn't.

Such an important game to snuff out these Celtic youngsters and show who's boss and he goes and lays a giant douche on the front lawn of the playoffs.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4739 on: May 14, 2018, 07:22:45 am »
Brad Stevens is a wizard. There's no other logical explanation. Cavs didn't make a single 3 in the first half.

Pretty much did the exact same thing against the 6ers in game 1 of the last round.

This Celtics team is as good defensively as Indiana but can actually shoot the ball and remember Indiana outscored the Cavs in their series by ~40pts.

Offline Dread Breath

• Resident Lecter. Convicted of crimes against Andrew Symonds and pensioned off to Australia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4740 on: May 14, 2018, 12:42:52 pm »
The Celtic nut-hugging is getting pretty insufferable right now. Realgm forums are basically unreadable, God knows what NBA reddit is like.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4741 on: May 14, 2018, 01:19:50 pm »
It's only game 1, Cavs will win this in 6 or 7

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4742 on: May 14, 2018, 01:20:55 pm »
The great thing about the "apparent" GOAT still playing is we get to see more examples of why he just isn't.

Such an important game to snuff out these Celtic youngsters and show who's boss and he goes and lays a giant douche on the front lawn of the playoffs.
Yeah apparently he is the only all time great who had an off night. It's a first, noone ever had a bad night in play'off's ever.
Just stop it dude, their team would be lottery team without him (and they were lottery team without him even though they had Kyrie)

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4743 on: May 14, 2018, 01:53:46 pm »
It's only game 1, Cavs will win this in 6 or 7

Everyone was saying that about the Bucks and the Sixers. They’ll have to perform better than they have at any point this season to overcome Boston in this series. Replace LeBron with virtually any other player in the league and they’re an average team. Personally I’d start Hood over Korver as well, not that it would make a huge difference but I just always feel Korver is better from the bench.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4744 on: May 14, 2018, 02:04:29 pm »
Everyone was saying that about the Bucks and the Sixers. They’ll have to perform better than they have at any point this season to overcome Boston in this series. Replace LeBron with virtually any other player in the league and they’re an average team. Personally I’d start Hood over Korver as well, not that it would make a huge difference but I just always feel Korver is better from the bench.

Bucks and the Sixers don't have Lebron. This Cavs team is bang average, but Lebron is the x-factor. Boston have been awful away from home in the playoffs, I can't see them winning in Cleveland, but I can see the Cavs winning at least 1 in Boston.

Imo, they have no chance of getting through past the Cavs only because of Lebron.

Offline Dread Breath

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4745 on: May 14, 2018, 02:08:08 pm »
The Celtics needed some pretty significant non-calls by the referees to beat the 6ers.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4746 on: May 15, 2018, 04:26:58 am »
Rockets are the Raptors of the West, take your shiny regular season awards and come back when you do something in the play-off's. 4-0 sweep for my Warriors. ;)

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4747 on: May 15, 2018, 06:37:27 am »
Rockets are the Raptors of the West, take your shiny regular season awards and come back when you do something in the play-off's. 4-0 sweep for my Warriors. ;)

I wouldn't be so sure about a sweep but I think Curry's shooting has been way off so far and yet Warriors are swatting teams away. Once he starts getting back to his usual standards, I reckon the Rockets will find it very hard to keep up.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4748 on: May 15, 2018, 09:48:27 am »
I wouldn't be so sure about a sweep but I think Curry's shooting has been way off so far and yet Warriors are swatting teams away. Once he starts getting back to his usual standards, I reckon the Rockets will find it very hard to keep up.
Yeah I am not that sure but I wouldn't be surprised. Steph didn't even play well and Harden had a great game yet we still won comfortably. If we win the next, sweep will be easily in the conversation.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4749 on: May 15, 2018, 11:07:20 am »

To be honest I thought that but wasn't brave enough to post it yesterday! I'd like to see Boston in the final, think we'll give you more of a contest than the Cavs even with LeBron.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4750 on: May 15, 2018, 12:56:08 pm »
Far too many people are writing the Rockets off. The Warriors should win this series and the championship but to write a team off after a tough game one, is always silly.

Cleveland are probably the better bet to win from 0-1 but I doubt either series will be a quick/easy one.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4751 on: May 15, 2018, 01:36:27 pm »
The Celtics needed some pretty significant non-calls by the referees to beat the 6ers.

Hahaha Everton, this take.....
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4752 on: May 15, 2018, 02:14:01 pm »
Yeah I am not that sure but I wouldn't be surprised. Steph didn't even play well and Harden had a great game yet we still won comfortably. If we win the next, sweep will be easily in the conversation.

Harden had a great game but he’s going to be dead tired by game #4.  He tried to win that game yesterday on his own which against a team like the Warriors you can’t do. 

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4753 on: May 15, 2018, 02:37:36 pm »
Hahaha Everton, this take.....

I was thinking more City fans moaning about their non-calls after we spanked them in the quarter-finals  ;D

Although this series was quite tight, Boston were deserved winners.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4754 on: May 15, 2018, 03:22:15 pm »
Jalen Rose has a great 4 mins analysis of how Harden holds on to the ball too much and eats the clock while freezing teammates vs how Warriors speed it up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3oTF5ex8Kk

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4755 on: May 15, 2018, 03:22:45 pm »
Harden had a great game but he’s going to be dead tired by game #4.  He tried to win that game yesterday on his own which against a team like the Warriors you can’t do. 
He seemed dead tired already by the 4th quarter yesterday.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4756 on: May 15, 2018, 03:39:31 pm »
He seemed dead tired already by the 4th quarter yesterday.

Shaq had a great quote last night at halftime talking about him needing "others" in order to win championships. Harden hasn't figured that out yet. 

Offline Dread Breath

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4757 on: May 15, 2018, 03:45:53 pm »
I was thinking more City fans moaning about their non-calls after we spanked them in the quarter-finals  ;D

Although this series was quite tight, Boston were deserved winners.

NBA admits missed calls hurt Sixers in game five.

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #4758 on: May 15, 2018, 03:47:04 pm »
To be honest I thought that but wasn't brave enough to post it yesterday! I'd like to see Boston in the final, think we'll give you more of a contest than the Cavs even with LeBron.

Would love to see Boston in the final.
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline Dread Breath

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4759 on: May 15, 2018, 04:35:56 pm »
Draft lottery odds: picks involving trades are in red. Source: Tankathon