Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3454577 times)

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #51640 on: February 27, 2021, 02:39:49 pm »
My wife got her first Pfizer jab this morning, which is great as she had a few factors which would seem to have heavily predisposed her towards Long Covid.

Looks like vaccine numbers will be over 500k again today

My sister’s practice carried out 1100 vaccinations yesterday which is 200 more than their previous highest total, seems like the supply line (all were Pfizer) is flowing more freely again.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #51641 on: February 27, 2021, 02:48:12 pm »
That's me AZd

That's great, I had the Pfizer.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Babel Time

• "Gezza job!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51642 on: February 27, 2021, 02:58:46 pm »
Looks like all the positive data around the AZ vaccine from the UK has prompted the German vaccination commission to change its recommendation to also include over 65s. (Previously they had only recommended it for under 65s, due to lack of data)

Additionally, they are considering to increase the intervals between the jabs (for AZ).

Would be really good if they do, as there are still loads of people in vulnerable groups that are still awaiting their first jab there.

Also once they do change the recommendation, Merkel can get a televised AZ jab. Which should further boost acceptance.
Babel Time (n) Difference in time between supporters calling for player to come from the bench in a bid to change the game, and the time it takes the supporters to round on said substitute after he's come on and proved ineffectual. ...

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #51643 on: February 27, 2021, 03:35:32 pm »
Im getting jabbed on Thursday.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51644 on: February 27, 2021, 03:55:32 pm »
Im getting jabbed on Thursday.

Great news
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #51645 on: February 27, 2021, 04:02:34 pm »
Mate of mine got his jab today but said it was a bit weird because they put it in his leg instead, told me his Pfizer killing him now

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #51646 on: February 27, 2021, 04:04:07 pm »
Much healthier case declines again, wondering if some of the previous flattening may have been driven by the colder weather, hopefully the declines keep coming anyway

« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 05:05:49 pm by filopastry »

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51647 on: February 27, 2021, 04:10:35 pm »
Wow.  Nationally things are certainly heading in the right direction.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51648 on: February 27, 2021, 04:46:49 pm »
That's great, I had the Pfizer.

Great to hear Paul and Jill.

My dad got his first phonecall this morning and an hour later he'd been given the oxford/az vaccine! :)

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #51649 on: February 27, 2021, 05:00:38 pm »
Mate of mine got his jab today but said it was a bit weird because they put it in his leg instead, told me his Pfizer killing him now

That's terrible :D

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #51650 on: February 27, 2021, 06:01:40 pm »
Great to hear Paul and Jill.

My dad got his first phonecall this morning and an hour later he'd been given the oxford/az vaccine! :)

That's brilliant, they are certainly ringing around a lot more now. One of my colleagues who had been off with long-term covid literally got offered a vaccine some three hours later on her first day of returning to work.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #51651 on: February 27, 2021, 06:08:56 pm »
You lucky bastards

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #51652 on: February 27, 2021, 07:04:09 pm »
Via Eran Segal (Weizmann Institute), a new study by the Israeli national covid centre.

"Vaccines may reduce infections by 88%

Key in this study by the national covid center, is use of **routine testing** of nursery home workers, thus less biases

Based on 8300 vaxed and 2600 non-vaxed workers under 65 y/o

Note lower rise in vaxed 7-10 days after 2nd dose."

"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51653 on: February 27, 2021, 08:12:51 pm »
88% is very very high... let’s hope the other vaccines are similar.

Figures like that would be game changing
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51654 on: February 27, 2021, 10:59:51 pm »
When is it realistic to get an idea of how long these injections will last before a "top up"?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51655 on: February 27, 2021, 11:00:43 pm »
88% is very very high... let’s hope the other vaccines are similar.

Figures like that would be game changing
Fingers crossed.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #51656 on: February 27, 2021, 11:36:25 pm »
Wow.  Nationally things are certainly heading in the right direction.

Just wait til the kids get back, the country will be fucked within weeks.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51657 on: February 27, 2021, 11:39:24 pm »
When is it realistic to get an idea of how long these injections will last before a "top up"?

It's an unknown really. We're all gonna be part of that experiment. I think next winter we'll learn a lot on that front. Antibodies last several months but hopefully we'll have a long t-cell response rendering covid a mild illness. (Pure speculation on my part)

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51658 on: February 28, 2021, 12:47:38 am »
Big % of people with antibodies in India and South Africa - FT

https://www.ft.com/content/f671f030-1b09-4c1e-ade6-111c2cd22622

(From a couple of days ago, apologies if posted already)

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51659 on: February 28, 2021, 01:01:45 am »

India has been mentioned here quite a bit. That's the first I've heard of South Africa having such a high number of people with antibodies.
I do remember watching something on tv about south Africa several months ago. It was about why the virus didn't seem to be spreading as rapidly through townships as expected. One of their scientists said they were seeing an unusually high number of asymptomatic cases. He gave no numbers though.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #51660 on: February 28, 2021, 02:35:58 am »
Just wait til the kids get back, the country will be fucked within weeks.
that's definitely a big concern for me too.  I still think cases are too high to get kids back to school, particularly all in one go
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51661 on: February 28, 2021, 10:51:54 am »
Had an email on Friday from my eldests school that I have only just seen. He is to go into school next Friday afternoon for his Covid test. He'll then have two more tests in school the following week and then from there on, he will be having twice weekly tests at home.

Face masks are now compulsory at all times in school.

So basically fuck the backtracking from the Govt, his school are determined to see this through.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51662 on: February 28, 2021, 10:58:12 am »

But I’ve seen Maunas being quoted as having as high levels and they still have an horrific wave of it... other issues... possibly several... i suspect
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51663 on: February 28, 2021, 11:00:29 am »
Had an email on Friday from my eldests school that I have only just seen. He is to go into school next Friday afternoon for his Covid test. He'll then have two more tests in school the following week and then from there on, he will be having twice weekly tests at home.

Face masks are now compulsory at all times in school.

So basically fuck the backtracking from the Govt, his school are determined to see this through.
That’s all come straight from government. The change is you have to isolate if you’ve been near a positive case (they had originally planned to just test those people every day).

However, on masks... we are not allowed to punish kids who refuse to and they don’t have to if they don’t wish too.  Mad eh?
And I’ve got to teach in a mask, I’ve no idea how that’s going or work.. ho hum
W

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #51664 on: February 28, 2021, 11:31:24 am »
I'm feeling fine today (AZ yesterday lunch), bit of a headache, but no worse than I often get from sleeping uncomfortably.

Just seen this on a bit of paper on my desk..
"You get serious skin reactions including blistering of the skin, mouth, eyes or genitals. Very rare cases have been reported"

Which scared the beejubs out of me.
Then I noted it was from the packet of parecetomal I'd opened and taken just in case....
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51665 on: February 28, 2021, 12:05:29 pm »
J&J approved in the US.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51666 on: February 28, 2021, 12:43:38 pm »
That’s all come straight from government. The change is you have to isolate if you’ve been near a positive case (they had originally planned to just test those people every day).

However, on masks... we are not allowed to punish kids who refuse to and they don’t have to if they don’t wish too.  Mad eh?

Someone posted on here how the Govt had started backtracking on tests and masks haven't they?

The teachers in my lads school have been wearing face shields rather than masks, they only put a mask on when they need to be near a pupil, can you do the same?

Failing that, get one of these from Amazon

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51667 on: February 28, 2021, 12:48:05 pm »
Someone posted on here how the Govt had started backtracking on tests and masks haven't they?

The teachers in my lads school have been wearing face shields rather than masks, they only put a mask on when they need to be near a pupil, can you do the same?

Failing that, get one of these from Amazon

Yes, face shields are not very effective.  Although they do say masks have to be used when distancing is an issue.  If I’m 4m away I’m not sure if I need to wear one.  Who knows?  Really difficult to hear someone clearly with a mark on though..
W

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51668 on: February 28, 2021, 12:52:45 pm »
Yes, face shields are not very effective.  Although they do say masks have to be used when distancing is an issue.  If I’m 4m away I’m not sure if I need to wear one.  Who knows?  Really difficult to hear someone clearly with a mark on though..

That's was what I was thinking, you're so far away that you're not at risk so at least wearing a shield means you've got your face covered, which ticks that box. There is no way you can properly teach if the kids cannot understand a word you are saying.

Other than that, can you put a clear perspex shield up as is done in offices and warehouses? We have them at work between the planners desks and on the counter where the drivers stand. The planners only put a mask on when they come to the counter to hand us the keys and paperwork.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51669 on: February 28, 2021, 01:13:30 pm »
Yes, face shields are not very effective.  Although they do say masks have to be used when distancing is an issue.  If I’m 4m away I’m not sure if I need to wear one.  Who knows?  Really difficult to hear someone clearly with a mask on though..

I did one of those online audio tests recently and it said I had the hearing of a 59yo.  I'm 47.  :o

But yeah, I've realised since this whole mask thing started how much I rely on lip movement to understand people.  Once the mouth is covered, I've really noticed that a person's accent or how fast they talk really affects my ability to understand them.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline d.king037

• Main Stander
« Reply #51670 on: February 28, 2021, 01:29:40 pm »

I teach in Primary and wear a mask most of the day. It is impossible to remain at the front of the class. I have really worked hard on my voice being crisp and clear when the mask is on. When I'm at the front of the class, I remove it again as there is no way the children at the back of the class can hear me

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #51671 on: February 28, 2021, 01:37:13 pm »
This is a bit of a worrying article........23% of healthcare workers not had a jab yet  :(

There needs to be some concerted effort to change that.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/28/a-fifth-of-healthcare-workers-in-england-have-still-not-received-first-covid-jab

Online filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51672 on: February 28, 2021, 02:17:49 pm »
Has there been any data on effectiveness of one dose of Pfizer with older people, I saw this on antibodies which didn't look amazing for over 70s (although obviously antibodies aren't everything).

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperial-college/institute-of-global-health-innovation/REACT-2-round-5-preprint.pdf

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Online filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51675 on: February 28, 2021, 04:07:54 pm »

« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 04:35:42 pm by filopastry »

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51676 on: February 28, 2021, 04:10:19 pm »
6035 Cases, 144 Deaths.  My heart goes out to all those that lost loved ones, but vaccinations are clearly having an effect now.  Obviously schools are going back soon, but at least it'll happen from a lowish base.

Offline RF

• Are we there yet?... is it open?... where are we?... what's that?...it's a lazy twat! Is my card marked?.. Yes it is?
  • Kopite
« Reply #51677 on: February 28, 2021, 04:20:30 pm »
Any word yet on when the over 50's are due for vaccination?

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51678 on: February 28, 2021, 04:37:00 pm »
I teach in Primary and wear a mask most of the day. It is impossible to remain at the front of the class. I have really worked hard on my voice being crisp and clear when the mask is on. When I'm at the front of the class, I remove it again as there is no way the children at the back of the class can hear me

I think this is what most teachers will do - we've been told only in cases where you can't possibly be 2 metres away should you wear a mask. When I'm speaking to my classes from the front I wont wear one but if I go near any to look at their books I'll put it on (which will be limited at the moment anyway)

The students are going to be less than 2 metres apart a lot of the time due to class sizes and classroom sizes so it makes sense that they wear the mask at all times.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51679 on: February 28, 2021, 04:44:35 pm »
Any word yet on when the over 50's are due for vaccination?

Using most recent ONS estimate for population, there are around 7.5 million people in England aged between 50-59.

Given the vaccine has just been extended to all those over 60, and that there's around 3.1 million people aged 60-64, you can make a rough estimate that there will be up to a maximum of 10.6 million people to vaccinate (to get to a point of all over 50s having their vaccine).

So for example, if there are 500,000 doses a day, and say 20% are second doses (so 400,000 1st doses a day) it'd take 26.5 days to get through those age groups.

Short answer, probably within 4 weeks.

[ONS source here]