Author Topic: Fabinho  (Read 883634 times)

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
Re: Fabinho
« Reply #8040 on: January 4, 2024, 04:46:12 pm »
yeah it was way too good to turn down

He was 30 and last season he was poor

Endo in for a 24m profit, good business

We were paying £9.6m a year to Fabinho, c£2.6m a year to Endo, makes room by saving us about £18m in salary as well as the £24m profit. That's equivalent to about the extra money from 7,000 ticket sales for 6 PL seasons, it matters even if it is mercenary.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #8041 on: January 4, 2024, 04:54:51 pm »

We were paying £9.6m a year to Fabinho, c£2.6m a year to Endo, makes room by saving us about £18m in salary as well as the £24m profit. That's equivalent to about the extra money from 7,000 ticket sales for 6 PL seasons, it matters even if it is mercenary.
that is some saving in wages alright
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #8042 on: January 5, 2024, 02:15:22 pm »
Would Fabinho and Firmino get booed if they walked the pitch in front of supporters? I have total disdain for their career move, but wouldn't abuse them. I would probably just watch them mutely. Maybe that's what they and/or the club were afraid of: the awkward silence.

No, same as with Gerrard, they’d be welcomed back as LFC legends.  I think for some of us here, where it’s almost an universal understanding of sportswashing and the human rights abuses Saudi Arabia see as part of normal existance, may not realise that we’re the minority.  I doubt most care, and will continue to treat them as legendary ex Reds.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #8043 on: January 5, 2024, 02:19:29 pm »
No, same as with Gerrard, they’d be welcomed back as LFC legends.  I think for some of us here, where it’s almost an universal understanding of sportswashing and the human rights abuses Saudi Arabia see as part of normal existance, may not realise that we’re the minority.  I doubt most care, and will continue to treat them as legendary ex Reds.

Yup, agree with this.  They'd all get a good reception, even Henderson.  And I would also expect that Klopp would make a point of saying that they should get a good reception in any pre-match notes/press conference, should it come up.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8044 on: January 5, 2024, 02:27:34 pm »

Unfortunately this is the truth. If the club was for example bought by Qatar tomorrow there would be some protests and banners for a while and then it would eventually die down and the fans like myself who would never ever set foot inside the ground again or watch a game would be replaced by any number of day trippers or viewers.

I've a friend i went to games with years ago who thinks politics and sport shouldn't mix and he could care less who owned the club or what they stood for. Last time i spoke with him i asked him how he'd feel if Trump bought the club and he said he couldn't care as long as he put money in and had us compete. These people exist and there are far more of them than we'd like to admit.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #8045 on: January 5, 2024, 03:09:36 pm »
Sadly, I'd have to agree with the last few posts. Most people don't give a shite. And younger fans (scousers included) have been brought up in the era of big money football, far removed from the principals of the past.