Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 1886300 times)

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Naby Keita Watch
« Reply #6720 on: September 17, 2019, 03:34:56 pm »
Klopp said he'll be back in training after the Napoli game so hopefully he'll be ready to play some part in the League Cup game next Wednesday.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #6721 on: September 17, 2019, 03:53:36 pm »
He'll be fresh and rested when he's back. On the flip side, he'll lack match fitness/sharpness.

Keep him fit, and we have a new signing on our hands, a top quality one.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6722 on: September 17, 2019, 03:57:14 pm »
Klopp said he'll be back in training after the Napoli game so hopefully he'll be ready to play some part in the League Cup game next Wednesday.

That would be absolutely ideal. Perfect way to get back in the rotation and a safe game to not be too sharp in

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6723 on: September 17, 2019, 05:01:51 pm »
Redknapp was made of glass. Keita has just been badly let down and fucked over by his national team.

eh he was injured on and off pretty much the whole of last season even before the national team fucked him over.

just hope he is fit soon. we have a busy period coming up and need all the bodies we need.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6724 on: September 17, 2019, 05:58:39 pm »
Appeared in 25 league games, and 33 in all so not as bad as I thought.

He had the one when he went off injured with what looked like his back in early on in I think the Napoli game, which I think kept him out for a month or so.
Then obviously the Barca one in May, but he only missed 4 after that.
Did he have any other injuries?

Edit: They were his only 2 main injuries. He was in the team or squad for the rest of the games apart from Bayern away and Fulham away.
I think it felt worse than that because he was in and out of the starting line up and sometimes didn't get on when he was a sub.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 06:13:15 pm by Charlie Adams fried egg right »

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #6725 on: September 18, 2019, 10:54:25 am »
There is scuttlebutt that his agent is in talks with Bundesliga teams and that we would let him go for 40M.
Kill the humourless

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6726 on: September 18, 2019, 11:08:33 am »
There is scuttlebutt that his agent is in talks with Bundesliga teams and that we would let him go for 40M.

Where?

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6727 on: September 18, 2019, 11:12:47 am »

Let me guess, on Twitter?

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6728 on: September 18, 2019, 12:14:22 pm »

In what world would Liverpool be willing to let it be known to other clubs that we're willing to sell ANY player in September? What if he has a peerless season once fit?

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6729 on: September 18, 2019, 12:17:04 pm »
Which Bundesliga clubs could afford 40M, bar Bayern. Sounds like nonsense to me

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #6730 on: September 18, 2019, 01:53:34 pm »
That would be absolutely ideal. Perfect way to get back in the rotation and a safe game to not be too sharp in
It'd be very nice indeed to have him fit, raring to go and possibly even in a little bit of form come Christmas time.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6731 on: September 18, 2019, 02:06:14 pm »
He had the one when he went off injured with what looked like his back in early on in I think the Napoli game, which I think kept him out for a month or so.
Then obviously the Barca one in May, but he only missed 4 after that.
Did he have any other injuries?
He managed to hurt his neck on a flight in pre-season.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #6732 on: September 18, 2019, 02:54:02 pm »
Hopefully this injury doesn't become a reoccurring problem. He had glimpses of brilliance last season and was a difference maker in February, March, and April last season. We just need to get him fit.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #6733 on: September 18, 2019, 03:12:56 pm »
When we signed him and Fabinho last summer, I think most of us thought that our first choice midfield would be Fabinho, Keita +1 of hendo, Gini, Ox or Milner. We seen glimpses of what he's capable of last season. Hopefully he comes back from this injury and kicks on and can avoid these injury issues that he's had. Would have been great if he had the full of pre season to get ready to go right from the start of the season. Will 100% be needed as the season goes on and the schedule becomes more and more hectic.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6734 on: September 18, 2019, 06:53:25 pm »
Not every transfer is guaranteed to work out.  It can certainly be possible that Naby is a very good player but never one for LFC.  With that said I don't believe yet that is going to happen and have faith he'll come good.  We definitely need what he brings to the field and it will be even more expensive now to get a similarly skilled player.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6735 on: September 18, 2019, 07:08:05 pm »
His only problem at the moment is injuries and that preventing him from gaining any momentum. think he has the skillset and ability to succeed otherwise.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6736 on: September 18, 2019, 07:09:31 pm »

Reminds me of around this time last year with those ridiculous “rumours” that we were supposedly willing to let Fabinho go for about £20 million.

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6737 on: September 18, 2019, 07:27:25 pm »
Reminds me of around this time last year with those ridiculous “rumours” that we were supposedly willing to let Fabinho go for about £20 million.

This should be moved to the former players thread since he left for Real in the summer  ::)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6738 on: September 18, 2019, 07:52:44 pm »
Which Bundesliga clubs could afford 40M, bar Bayern. Sounds like nonsense to me

Dortmund are going to give us £40m + Sancho.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6739 on: September 18, 2019, 08:27:01 pm »

In that case..... thanks for everything Naby ;)

Offline Fernando_Torres_Was_Good

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #6740 on: September 18, 2019, 08:38:23 pm »
At the moment Naby isn't worth 40 mill. He had a poor final season in Germany, and has done nothing of note since joining us. If we were offered 40 mill, we should take it, to be fair.

Online JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #6741 on: September 18, 2019, 08:39:56 pm »
At the moment Naby isn't worth 40 mill. He had a poor final season in Germany, and has done nothing of note since joining us. If we were offered 40 mill, we should take it, to be fair.
No.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6742 on: September 18, 2019, 08:43:38 pm »
his final season in germany wasn't poor, that's nonsense

Offline Fernando_Torres_Was_Good

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #6743 on: September 18, 2019, 09:05:28 pm »
his final season in germany wasn't poor, that's nonsense

Not that what the media and managers say is gospel, obviously, but it was quite well publicized that his performances dropped massively in his last season at Leipzig, and his manager was quite critical.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11240335/soon-to-be-liverpool-player-naby-keita-criticised-by-rb-leipzig-boss

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/liverpool-fc-transfer-news-naby-keita-rb-leipzig-a8143306.html

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/incoming-liverpool-star-naby-keita-11801447

Not saying that this is definitive proof that he was "poor", but to claim that any such suggestion is "nonsense" isn't right either - when so many people seemed to be of the opinion that it wasn't a good season for him.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6744 on: September 18, 2019, 09:16:13 pm »

Deal.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6745 on: September 18, 2019, 09:22:50 pm »
There is a difference between being poor and having inconsistent performances. On a second note, all of the article you provided are talking about the first half of the season of that year, when he had several red cards which his manager was commenting on. His main focus was on his lack of discipline and that was harmful to the team. Again this was during the first half of the season.

He finished the entire season with 9 goals and 7 assists. 17/18. He wasn't as good as he was in 16/17 but he wasn't poor either. There is a massive difference. For the record in 16/17 he scored 8 goals and had 8 assists.

In any case he's produced more than any of our midfielders in both of those seasons in comparison. He was also Leipzig's best midfielder in both seasons.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6746 on: September 18, 2019, 09:49:42 pm »
Are we really doing this?  Fuck me, somebody reopen the  Brexit thread - it's less depressing.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #6747 on: September 18, 2019, 10:10:34 pm »
I watched about half his games in his final season at RBL. He was in no way poor.

He had a disturbed start to the season but it’s clear why.

But he was excellent
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6748 on: September 18, 2019, 10:12:11 pm »
I watched about half his games in his final season at RBL. He was in no way poor.

He had a disturbed start to the season but it’s clear why.

But he was excellent

That's pretty much how I remember people (yourself included) relaying it in the Bundesliga thread that year

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #6749 on: September 18, 2019, 10:17:35 pm »
That's pretty much how I remember people (yourself included) relaying it in the Bundesliga thread that year
His radars were very similar too

Some people are talking hooey

Played some very very good games for us once he learned our system.  Sadly he got injured about the point he did, then came back and did great and then ruptured his abductor.

Some people have just slaughter Robertson for game, the stupidity isn’t a surprise I guess.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6750 on: September 18, 2019, 11:21:54 pm »
Fuck me I know the injuries can piss people off and cloud their judgement but his run of games last year you’d have to blind not to see what he offers, he’s a hell of a talent. Some shite luck with some niggling injuries but fuck writing him off already.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 11:44:35 pm by OneTouchFooty »

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6751 on: September 19, 2019, 10:10:24 am »
Thought he was superb in that run of games in April. He got hacked down by Barcelona because they were struggling with him. The Keita from April last year is a significant asset to us.

Online Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6752 on: September 19, 2019, 12:22:44 pm »
Thought he was superb in that run of games in April. He got hacked down by Barcelona because they were struggling with him. The Keita from April last year is a significant asset to us.

He was.  And with that consistency in games he'll get better and better.  I know talented players don't always fit into systems, but everything that we've seen when he gets even 3/4 games under his belt is he's a difference maker.  Imagine if he's fit for most of a season? 

Far from a flop yet.  And no way we'd even consider selling

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6753 on: September 19, 2019, 03:04:34 pm »
he should be back to full training now? I am not sure we will see him until after the next international break however (a surprise would be a start against MK Dons). Surprising how long what seemed like such an innocuous injury in a warm took him out for - 5+ weeks.

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #6754 on: September 19, 2019, 11:16:01 pm »
Even though seemed to be an injury from warm up, has to be connected with previous injury, hence the delay. Any idea if back in training now?

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #6755 on: September 20, 2019, 12:01:07 am »
Even though seemed to be an injury from warm up, has to be connected with previous injury, hence the delay. Any idea if back in training now?

My sense of it is he's going to be back playing by midweek next week, if not on the bench this weekend.

Reason is Klopp said he's much closer than Ali and should be back in training after the Napoli game. However Ali's been back in light training for a while, so if Naby is much closer, I imagine what Jurgen meant was that he has been back in light training and is now into full training with the team.

Online wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6756 on: September 20, 2019, 12:31:09 pm »
My sense of it is he's going to be back playing by midweek next week, if not on the bench this weekend.

Reason is Klopp said he's much closer than Ali and should be back in training after the Napoli game. However Ali's been back in light training for a while, so if Naby is much closer, I imagine what Jurgen meant was that he has been back in light training and is now into full training with the team.

First time training with the team today according to Klopp. I think he starts in midweek but doesn't make the 18 for Chelsea.

Offline Macca201188

• Kopite
« Reply #6757 on: September 20, 2019, 02:42:48 pm »
I am absolutely desperate for this guy to stay injury free the rest of the season. Really really believe he has the ability to add something massive to us if he can get a run in the side.
The reds are comin up the hill boys....

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6758 on: September 20, 2019, 03:10:06 pm »
I am absolutely desperate for this guy to stay injury free the rest of the season. Really really believe he has the ability to add something massive to us if he can get a run in the side.

Spot on..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #6759 on: September 20, 2019, 03:17:20 pm »
Really really believe he has the ability to add something massive to us if he can get a run in the side.
He should walk into our midfield right now considering how much they contribute on the offensive side of the ball this season.