Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1367549 times)

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #2880 on: January 3, 2019, 10:26:45 pm »
I know he puts a decent ball in but whose got some stats on how many times he concedes possession?

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
  • PSN: WesleyP1pes
« Reply #2881 on: January 3, 2019, 10:29:36 pm »
Thought he was fantastic tonight - once his positioning improves and he learns how to take a throw-in he'll take some stopping

I like the positivity

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2882 on: January 3, 2019, 10:29:53 pm »
I know he puts a decent ball in but whose got some stats on how many times he concedes possession?
I think that both he and Robertson can be a little one-dimensional and need to either take on players a little more often, or play a short pass, instead of trying deep crosses and defence-splitting through balls all of the time.

Although, defensively, he was excellent.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2883 on: January 3, 2019, 10:30:26 pm »
Bunch of weirdos ITT. Watch the game back.

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2884 on: January 3, 2019, 10:31:54 pm »
Bunch of weirdos ITT. Watch the game back.

Do you have a small tv by any chance. Like I said the lad has huge potential, probably more so than just a right back but if tonight was fantastic we are setting the bar dreadfully low. Weirdo

Offline elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #2885 on: January 3, 2019, 10:32:10 pm »
Its a shame he has to deal with lovren playing next to him

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2886 on: January 3, 2019, 10:34:25 pm »
Its a shame he has to deal with lovren playing next to him

Well, that’s doesn’t help him. I knew it was going to be a bad game for him the moment he unnecessarily fouled Aguero for the yellow. He’s just a stupid guy.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2887 on: January 3, 2019, 10:34:59 pm »
Played well I thought. One or two mistakes but nothing costly and played a huge part in getting us back in the game.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2888 on: January 3, 2019, 10:35:05 pm »
He was found wanting defensively on occasion, but he was brave and always looking to create.

People forget that he is only 20 years old.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2889 on: January 3, 2019, 10:35:27 pm »
Loving the variety of opinions in this thread  ;D
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2890 on: January 3, 2019, 10:37:20 pm »
Sane can skin any full back in the world, Trent is hardly alone there. Wasn’t completely one sided and he still got forward and drove us on in the build up to the equaliser.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #2891 on: January 3, 2019, 10:38:47 pm »
Well, that’s doesn’t help him. I knew it was going to be a bad game for him the moment he unnecessarily fouled Aguero for the yellow. He’s just a stupid guy.
That card was practically forced by TAAs turnover.

Offline Mwaniki

• Boys Pen
« Reply #2892 on: January 3, 2019, 10:40:19 pm »
I think tonight showed that we would do well to get another Right back.

TAA not good enough yet at the elite level. It is no wonder city focused virtually all their attacks on the right.

Perhaps a bid for Doherty? (New Andy Robertson). Should give TAA the pressure to either up his defensive game, or sit out for such games.

But clearly deficient on this level...and not showing signs of improving.

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2893 on: January 3, 2019, 10:42:30 pm »
That card was practically forced by TAAs turnover.

Yeah, I know but it was still unnecessary. Salah and Van Dijk we’re right there, would have taken Firmino and an Arsenal defends to score there.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2894 on: January 3, 2019, 10:43:08 pm »

TAA not good enough yet at the elite level. It is no wonder city focused virtually all their attacks on the right.

Perhaps a bid for Doherty? (New Andy Robertson).
Should give TAA the pressure to either up his defensive game, or sit out for such games.

:lmao

Not good enough at the elite level?  Were you asleep for all of our CL games last season?

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2895 on: January 3, 2019, 10:44:00 pm »

Perhaps a bid for Doherty? (New Andy Robertson). Should give TAA the pressure to either up his defensive game, or sit out for such games.

We have one, Nathaniel Clyne. He’s an excellent defender, doesn’t do as much as TAA going forward but he is solid at the back.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2896 on: January 3, 2019, 10:44:21 pm »
Doherty being our answer for not having someone playing at the "elite" level.

Words fail me.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2897 on: January 3, 2019, 10:45:32 pm »

Haha what a crazy opinion. Deficient at this level and not improving at 20 years old?

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2898 on: January 3, 2019, 10:47:52 pm »
Do people honestly think Trent gives the ball away more often than most of our players because he's deficient on the ball?

Look at his touch, inside passes, his crossfield passes, his crosses. Technically he's superior to most of our midfielders.

That 4-3-3 consistently hangs a 20-year-old defender out to dry. Wijnaldum offered fuck all tangible support tonight in a rare below-par big game, Salah doesn't track back, Henderson and Lovren constantly put him in tight spots on the touchline because they shit themselves every time they're pressed.

He has plenty to work on but after playing a huge role in getting us back into that game (no coincidence he improved with the change of shape and added support) he deserves cutting some flak.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2899 on: January 3, 2019, 10:56:08 pm »
Instrumental in our goal. He gets targeted at the back because he's not quite there yet as a top level defender and we have so few weaknesses that someone has to be picked out. When Salah's on the right he doesn't get much defensive support from the wing and the midfield didn't really help him today, neither did his nearest centre-back.

Thought other than a five minute spell at the start of the second half where he and the whole team looked shaky, he did OK. And man, he's learning so, so much this season.

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2900 on: January 3, 2019, 10:59:07 pm »
Do people honestly think Trent gives the ball away more often than most of our players because he's deficient on the ball?

Look at his touch, inside passes, his crossfield passes, his crosses. Technically he's superior to most of our midfielders.

That 4-3-3 consistently hangs a 20-year-old defender out to dry. Wijnaldum offered fuck all tangible support tonight in a rare below-par big game, Salah doesn't track back, Henderson and Lovren constantly put him in tight spots on the touchline because they shit themselves every time they're pressed.

He has plenty to work on but after playing a huge role in getting us back into that game (no coincidence he improved with the change of shape and added support) he deserves cutting some flak.

I think Trent was poor today, it’s my honest opinion. I will rewatch later but live, he was constant source of frustration. Maybe I was harsh, but brilliant football minds aren’t attacking him for no reason, they definitely don’t do that with Robbo. Instead of comparing him to our midfielders, compare him to our other full back... he falls well short, there fore improvement in necessary.

Bring up another point that annoyed me, why take Mane off to just push Gini out to the left, Mane creates the chaos that is our forward line and if I’m honest gini did absolutely nothing after that move. I wonder if he was a little frustrated with Mane not tracking Sanes run for the second. Either Hendo or Gini should have made way for Shaq, def not Mane. Firmino even before him.

Offline Mwaniki

• Boys Pen
« Reply #2901 on: January 3, 2019, 11:05:03 pm »
Doherty being our answer for not having someone playing at the "elite" level.

Words fail me.

If you haven't watched wolves games this season, please say so. But don't scoff.

There's a reason Doherty is currently toping the Right back chart in the PL this season. He has had an outstanding season. Quality in defense but also great going forward. Not got the same technical ability as TAA, but streets ahead when it comes to defending and he also has great pace.

I can see why Klopp would start Gomez for such games.

There was a position of play where TAA literally stopped running after Sane was released behind him, and threw his hands up. That kind of effort is abysmall in such a big game.

Online Ste08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2902 on: January 3, 2019, 11:05:48 pm »
I dont get the criticism.  He was fine today. Sane is a tough cover for any right back.

He didn't cost us 2 goals, unlike a certain incredibly experienced defender. 

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2903 on: January 3, 2019, 11:07:52 pm »
If you haven't watched wolves games this season, please say so. But don't scoff.

There's a reason Doherty is currently toping the Right back chart in the PL this season. He has had an outstanding season. Quality in defense but also great going forward. Not got the same technical ability as TAA, but streets ahead when it comes to defending and he also has great pace.

I can see why Klopp would start Gomez for such games.

There was a position of play where TAA literally stopped running after Sane was released behind him, and threw his hands up. That kind of effort is abysmall in such a big game.

Seems like you're the one who needs to watch more Wolves games given that Doherty plays right wing-back, not right-back. Completely different kettle of fish.

He plays so advanced that Nuno refers to him as a 'winger'.

Offline Mwaniki

• Boys Pen
« Reply #2904 on: January 3, 2019, 11:09:46 pm »
Haha what a crazy opinion. Deficient at this level and not improving at 20 years old?

First we used to say, 'He only turned 18' then 'he is still just 19' and now it is 'he is just 20'.

FFS! I'm not suggesting that he is shit. but it is clear that he is still deficient. And if he is, we need to get proper reinforcements that can compete for the spot, if TAA is not performing at a top level. If he is able to use that as fuel to take his performances up longer term, then fantastic. But right now, we are overloaded on the left, with Robertson and Van Dijk making it super secure, with TAA and Lovren making the right side open season.

Offline Mwaniki

• Boys Pen
« Reply #2905 on: January 3, 2019, 11:13:00 pm »
Seems like you're the one who needs to watch more Wolves games given that Doherty plays right wing-back, not right-back. Completely different kettle of fish.

He plays so advanced that Nuno refers to him as a 'winger'.

Reminds me of the Pizczeck at Dortmund. Was also left winger/wingback tranformed into one of the best right backs bu klopp.  Doherty already showing good understanding of defense and has a great engine. But the winger part of him shows he can be useful going forward.

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2906 on: January 3, 2019, 11:13:03 pm »
I dont get the criticism.  He was fine today. Sane is a tough cover for any right back.

Just off the top of my head, there’s was a moment late in the game. Sane and Trent we’re competing, Trent found himself out of position and Shaq came in to help and as soon as that happened, Trent just stood there, didn’t get in the box, didn’t cut off any passing lanes, just stood there and watched shaq do his job.

Wake up lad. It’s a mentality thing. Got all the other tools just needs a foreman to put them to work.

The other experienced defender should be finding his time on merseyside has an expiry date.
« Last Edit: January 3, 2019, 11:18:33 pm by Wesley Pipes »

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2907 on: January 3, 2019, 11:13:08 pm »
FFS! I'm not suggesting that he is shit. but it is clear that he is still deficient.

You’re talking absolute nonsense.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2908 on: January 3, 2019, 11:13:36 pm »
Reminds me of the Pizczeck at Dortmund. Was also left winger/wingback tranformed into one of the best right backs bu klopp.  Doherty already showing good understanding of defense and has a great engine. But the winger part of him shows he can be useful going forward.

If we could get rid of Salah and get Adama Traore in too it could be all systems go!

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2909 on: January 3, 2019, 11:15:59 pm »
If we could get rid of Salah and get Adama Traore in too it could be all systems go!

Wolves would never agree to it

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2910 on: January 3, 2019, 11:19:49 pm »

FFS! I'm not suggesting that he is shit. but it is clear that he is still deficient. And if he is, we need to get proper reinforcements that can compete for the spot, if TAA is not performing at a top level. If he is able to use that as fuel to take his performances up longer term, then fantastic. But right now, we are overloaded on the left, with Robertson and Van Dijk making it super secure, with TAA and Lovren making the right side open season.

A wild theory; but it could be that TAA would have benefitted from having VVD next to him..

Another wild theory is that the genius of the manchester city manager would like to avoid VVD and is asking aguero to target lovren and build the play from that side; and then also creating problems for TAA
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2911 on: January 3, 2019, 11:22:41 pm »
A wild theory; but it could be that TAA would have benefitted from having VVD next to him..

Another wild theory is that the genius of the manchester city manager would like to avoid VVD and is asking aguero to target lovren and build the play from that side; and then also creating problems for TAA

Thats actually a very good theory, but none the less TAA didn’t cope well with that scenario and still needs to improve in case that happens again and it’s more than likely to.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2912 on: January 3, 2019, 11:23:09 pm »
Some people’s heads normally go after we lose any game but some of the stuff being posted about Trent tonight is absolutely bizarre.

We’ve got one of the best young players in the world at the moment in Trent and some are questioning his mentality and arguing he should be replaced by Matt Doherty.

It’s hard to know whether some of this stuff is a joke or not.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #2913 on: January 3, 2019, 11:24:53 pm »

Yeah he did well against Sane who is very hard to defend against when in full flow.

If anyone wants to be be really picky, yes, he only made one 'mistake' in 90 mins and that allowed the ball to travel under his foot into the goal.
A more experienced defender would anticipate Sane shaping up for that and at least get something on it.
He could do with some one on one coaching from Carra. Love Carra or hate him (and I know some Reds don't rate him as he wasn't as dynamic as other defenders) but one thing Carra always did was anticipate a shot and try to get something, anything in the way.

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2914 on: January 3, 2019, 11:27:10 pm »
Some people’s heads normally go after we lose any game but some of the stuff being posted about Trent tonight is absolutely bizarre.

We’ve got one of the best young players in the world at the moment in Trent and some are questioning his mentality and arguing he should be replaced by Matt Doherty.

It’s hard to know whether some of this stuff is a joke or not.

I’m not saying he isn’t a great player, struggled tonight and needs to deal with it mentally better.

I wasn’t apart of the Doherty shout, but if given the opportunity to replace him with a right sided clone of robbo I would.

Having said that, I think one day TAA might be better than Robbo but not today and today we are in a title race.
« Last Edit: January 3, 2019, 11:29:12 pm by Wesley Pipes »

Offline Syntexity

• Kopite
« Reply #2915 on: January 3, 2019, 11:27:52 pm »
So a 20 year old who has been a great addition to a defence thats only let in 10 goals in the league so far and has fantastic contributions going forward is not at an elite level because he didnt have his best game against a great team and a great player in Sane. What a load of rubbish!

Great player, elite level, one of the best in his position in the league.

That was his left leg by the way who served an exquisite pass. He is just going to get better as well.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2916 on: January 3, 2019, 11:29:38 pm »
Some of you guys should get off the internet after a loss. You’re spouting absolute nonsense
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2917 on: January 3, 2019, 11:32:34 pm »
Feel like we're always here in this position with Trent after we lose. It's not very often since he's been a member of the squad in general but there's always a bit of crysarsing about him. Don't get me wrong tonight I thought he was poor for the most part, but he struggled massively in that 5-0 loss last season, and to see him play poorly again doesn't mean he hasn't come on as a player massively.

Anyone could struggle against the likes of Sane in a game City needed to win as much as that. It's one of those fixtures the likes of Trent/Sane could play 20 times in their careers and maybe you'd come out with an even number each as to how many times the other has done a number on their man.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2918 on: January 3, 2019, 11:34:00 pm »
He did create our goal...

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2919 on: January 3, 2019, 11:35:11 pm »
Having said that, I think one day TAA might be better than Robbo but not today and today we are in a title race.

Has Trent not been a regular in the team that is leading the title race?

Same as he was a big part of us getting to the CL final.  And he’s just turned 20.

You’re talking rubbish about him, complete and utter nonsense.