Author Topic: Harvey Elliott (Harvey Daniel James Elliott)  (Read 592956 times)

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome Harvey
« Reply #1320 on: July 12, 2021, 11:11:10 am »
All fair points although I don't think Brewster was given that many opportunities in competitive games for us?

No you're right he didn't, other than a couple of cup matches. But in those matches you could tell that he wasn't doing what we needed him to do, both on and off the ball. You can only presume he would have been giving off similar vibes in training, which I guess is why he was never trusted off the bench in a league match. And judging by his stint at Sheffield United, we made the right call.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1321 on: July 12, 2021, 05:55:00 pm »
There's an element of 'what might have been' with Brewster - if he had not got that long injury halting his development at that crucial moment. Before that all the sounds from the club were they thought he'd make it here. After...

There's a tide in the affairs of men, which if taken at the flood leads on to fortune..etc. i.e timing can be crucial, which is why Klopp prefers the players he wants to keep to stay and train and learn with the club and be right there for when opportunity strikes, rather than go out on loan.

I hope Harevy stays around
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1322 on: July 12, 2021, 08:49:21 pm »
Harvey is gonna be to us what mount is to Chelsea and foden to Man City

Probably just totally jinxed it there but fuck it. The kid is a talent

Online RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1323 on: July 13, 2021, 07:34:15 pm »
Harvey is gonna be to us what mount is to Chelsea and foden to Man City

Probably just totally jinxed it there but fuck it. The kid is a talent

we just need to get the PEDs they gave to Foden that made him randomly gain about 10% acceleration in a season  :D
YNWA.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1324 on: July 13, 2021, 10:14:58 pm »
we just need to get the PEDs they gave to Foden that made him randomly gain about 10% acceleration in a season  :D

And developed a pair of thighs like tugboats.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1325 on: July 14, 2021, 12:05:03 am »
And developed a pair of thighs like tugboats.

Should get some tips from Shaq.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1326 on: July 20, 2021, 12:05:25 am »
Nice words about Harvey in Klopp's interview today:

"Harvey made a step, I have to say. He looks in a proper shape, really, really fit. He came back in a good shape and is here now in full training obviously. You can see last year really worked well for him. Now let’s make the next steps together."

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/438242-jurgen-klopp-austria-training-camp-week-one

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1327 on: July 20, 2021, 12:09:18 am »

"Harvey made a step, I have to say. He looks in a proper shape, really, really fit. He came back in a good shape and is here now in full training obviously. You can see last year really worked well for him. Now let’s make the next steps together."

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/438242-jurgen-klopp-austria-training-camp-week-one

I really hope it works out with this lad. He loves the club, and he’s an exciting player with the ball.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1328 on: July 20, 2021, 01:07:46 pm »

Great to see. If Harvey has the right attitude, I can see him achieving great things at LFC ...

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1329 on: July 20, 2021, 02:46:01 pm »
I love this as much as big signings.  Young players coming through and being successful.  Really hope Harvey gets the chance, and makes a real impact this season.

He does seem to have that 'it' whatever it is  ;D  I guess, the talent, and that bit of arrogance in his own ability. 

Really high hopes.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #1330 on: July 20, 2021, 06:05:06 pm »
I love this as much as big signings.  Young players coming through and being successful.  Really hope Harvey gets the chance, and makes a real impact this season.

He does seem to have that 'it' whatever it is  ;D  I guess, the talent, and that bit of arrogance in his own ability. 

Really high hopes.
He has so much self confidence, it's great to see and not that common in players breaking in to the first team squad. Most times players look scared to make an error. Harvey doesn't seem to give AF. I am excited to see how his career plays out, and I hope he can achieve big things with us.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1331 on: July 20, 2021, 06:23:23 pm »
Looked really good today, a new attacking dimension to our play if he does get opportunities in that more attacking third midfielder role.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #1332 on: July 20, 2021, 06:25:42 pm »
Looked really good today, a new attacking dimension to our play if he does get opportunities in that more attacking third midfielder role.

No doubt he'll be able to handle the Premier league with ease

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1333 on: July 21, 2021, 12:31:18 am »
No doubt he'll be able to handle the Premier league with ease

I think this will be his position, it allows him to use his best qualities more often, his passing, touch and vision are all very good, his lack of outright pace is less of a problem in the middle, it’s also nice to see a left footed player in midfield for us, I do think it helps with the balance

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1334 on: July 21, 2021, 01:44:10 am »
Looked really good yesterday. There were one or two moments where it seemed like it was the others who weren't on his wavelength. Hopefully he sticks around and gets opportunities
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1335 on: July 21, 2021, 01:46:04 am »
He’s a bit of a gem
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1336 on: July 21, 2021, 05:27:36 am »
The difference between players who make a career as a top level player, and those that don't, is not talent, but "coachability".

Talented youngsters are typically less coachable. They don't want to listen to instructions, or train hard, or live the proper lifestyle. They already think they are good. 

Hence very few talented youngsters become first team regulars, at the top level.

Of course, once in a blue moon, you get a player who is talented at such a galactic level, that this doesn't apply. They don't give a sh$t about training, or instructions, and no one really cares. The two I can think of came from Brazil and have "Ronald" in their name.

With Brewster, it was obvious a long time ago he wasn't going to make it at LFC. The club did well to offload him for a large sum of money.

Is Harvey one of the rare ones?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 05:29:29 am by FLRed67 »

Online Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1337 on: July 21, 2021, 08:01:02 am »
Not sure on the rest of your post, but Koeman is deffo not from Brazil.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #1338 on: July 21, 2021, 08:06:39 am »
Looks much better in a number 8 position than out wide for us. He just doesn’t have the pace to play out wide in our team but looks very very good in that number 8 role. Will need to improve defensively but I’m sure in games with both hendo and Fabinho next to him, he’ll be able to concentrate more on the attacking side and knowing he’s got them 2 next to him.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1339 on: July 21, 2021, 08:59:45 am »
The difference between players who make a career as a top level player, and those that don't, is not talent, but "coachability".

Talented youngsters are typically less coachable. They don't want to listen to instructions, or train hard, or live the proper lifestyle. They already think they are good. 

Hence very few talented youngsters become first team regulars, at the top level.

Of course, once in a blue moon, you get a player who is talented at such a galactic level, that this doesn't apply. They don't give a sh$t about training, or instructions, and no one really cares. The two I can think of came from Brazil and have "Ronald" in their name.

With Brewster, it was obvious a long time ago he wasn't going to make it at LFC. The club did well to offload him for a large sum of money.

I’m not sure how to say ‘that’s some level of horse shit’ without it coming across rude.

Brewster issue was pretty obviously that he wasn’t quite talented enough to make it at our level, nothing to do with ‘coachability’ or thinking he was already too good.

Edit: And Ronaldo and Ronaldinho were both talented youngsters who just couldn’t be arsed with training at a young age? Fucking hell :D
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 09:07:58 am by fucking appalled »
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline yes

• no. prog punditry
  • Kopite
  • I got the ill communication
« Reply #1340 on: July 21, 2021, 09:44:14 am »

I don't post much but that level of nonsense has brought me out. So here I am.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1341 on: July 21, 2021, 02:08:45 pm »

:lmao

Put the glue down slowly and back away.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1342 on: July 21, 2021, 09:01:04 pm »

Amazing post

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1343 on: July 21, 2021, 11:48:39 pm »

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #1344 on: July 22, 2021, 01:39:57 am »
SO i think Harvey here is basically gonna be Jack Grelish redux in terms of the inherent skill set, but also a knuckle down trier whose gonna work his nuts off to get better. the little half hour game he was deliberately working on right footed crosses the whole game. Brilliant. I really liked that.

Klopp's right that year in the champ has done him no harm whatever.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1345 on: July 22, 2021, 11:44:02 am »
SO i think Harvey here is basically gonna be Jack Grelish redux in terms of the inherent skill set, but also a knuckle down trier whose gonna work his nuts off to get better. the little half hour game he was deliberately working on right footed crosses the whole game. Brilliant. I really liked that.

Klopp's right that year in the champ has done him no harm whatever.

His time at Rovers, just from a physical point of view getting him used to playing against ‘men’, will be invaluable.

Can’t wait until we see him in our ‘proper’ team in a competitive game.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1346 on: July 30, 2021, 08:50:59 am »

He’s gotten to physically stronger, if he could just add a burst of acceleration he would be some player, once he’s created the space for himself the awareness and ability to execute is there, he just needs that Modric/Iniesta 5-10 yard turbo boost

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1347 on: July 30, 2021, 08:59:37 am »

To be fair Brewster was injured for 14 months with a busted ankle when he was Harvey's age, how much did that set him back in terms of development and coaching time? Then all the time it took to regain sharpness. If he stayed fit, who knows?
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1348 on: July 30, 2021, 09:01:23 am »

Why do you write your posts like they're articles?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1349 on: July 30, 2021, 10:10:24 am »
He gets better every time you watch him.

His intelligence on and off the ball is incredible for someone so young. It was good to see him looking to get higher up the pitch yesterday and look to get shots off when the opportunity opened up. He just looks to have limitless potential and sounds like an exemplary professional whenever he speaks or is spoken about by the coaches and his team-mates. It's going to be really exciting to watch him develop over the next few years under Klopp.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1350 on: August 8, 2021, 06:08:57 pm »
He's amazing, hopefully no last minute loan if we make some signings, he's way above the championship, that would be a waste of time and I wouldn't trust anyone else outside of Bielsa perhaps to manage him properly in this league.

Deserves a start on the weekend but we'll see what happens, hopefully plenty of minutes for him this season regardless anyway.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1351 on: August 8, 2021, 06:16:59 pm »
He's had a really good pre season and should be part of the first team squad permanently now. 

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1352 on: August 8, 2021, 06:19:11 pm »
He's had a really good pre season and should be part of the first team squad permanently now.

He's not fast enough,can't play in a 4-3-3 or a 4-1-4 or a 7-1-1-1 or a 3-3-3-1 and he doesn't even have a prominent foot,send him to Brentford.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1353 on: August 8, 2021, 06:20:54 pm »
He won’t be going out on loan, he’ll get plenty of minutes. Looks completely at ease, think he’ll be a first team regular by the end of the season. Frightening talent.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1354 on: August 8, 2021, 06:23:21 pm »
He looks ready to get 1000-1500 minutes next season.

Brilliant again today.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #1355 on: August 8, 2021, 06:27:13 pm »
Great worker off the ball. He'll do nicely.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1356 on: August 8, 2021, 06:27:19 pm »
Harvey Elliott last to leave the field at the end.

https://twitter.com/neiljonesgoal/status/1424420951979184139

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1357 on: August 8, 2021, 06:27:23 pm »
He’s a real talent out Harvey and a MASSIVE red. Hopefully he gets a decent amount of minutes this season alongside Curtis

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1358 on: August 8, 2021, 06:38:55 pm »
Harvey Elliott last to leave the field at the end.

https://twitter.com/neiljonesgoal/status/1424420951979184139

Gutted for the lad,he's obviously been told that he's surplus to requirements.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1359 on: August 8, 2021, 06:39:56 pm »

Very promising performance