Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3286749 times)

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
Re: The Anfield Wrap....
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2011, 12:53:12 am »
As I say, the talking over each other is something we were sort of trying to iron out as we went. It's very easy to totally lose track of where you are and just talk like it's a group of mates who break up in to their own little world.

Absolutely mate, Ive done it meself plenty of times.
Like I say its a great listen.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline SMACLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2011, 01:20:10 am »
First two episodes were brilliant last one had me cracking up at times, good insight from all well worth a listen.

Look forward to these each week now keep up the good work lads, sounds like yous are having some craic as well.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 01:23:06 am by SMACLFC »

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • My blog
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2011, 01:26:04 am »
I know this isn't very constructive but you ate the same cake as Stevie g
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 01:29:08 am by Appreciator of former strikers »
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline Suárez_7

• Anny Roader
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2011, 01:43:36 am »
Quite enjoyed that cheers for the effort.

Offline alex.

• "Bring out The Blimp!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2011, 02:23:05 am »
So what did Rory do with his pair of Kop tickets?

royhendo

« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2011, 06:18:52 am »
One point - the podcast doesn't actually promote the site itself. It's worth promoting as it's excellent!

Offline muffins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Well done, lads.
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2011, 12:21:07 pm »
Heartily enjoyed the first two episodes.

Please keep it up; your objectivity, class, warmth, and humor makes for compelling listening.

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2011, 12:32:17 pm »
One point - the podcast doesn't actually promote the site itself. It's worth promoting as it's excellent!

Good point actually. Perhaps at the end of the podcast there could be a little comment about recent articles on the site and articles we can look forward to seeing over the next few days.

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2011, 12:41:59 pm »
Thought it was superb. Hit upon every topicmi wanted discussed

Offline mattsant

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS #9517
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2011, 12:42:47 pm »
Brilliant podcast.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2011, 12:55:24 pm »
Enjoyed episode 2. Keep up the good work.

Offline djschembri

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2011, 12:56:24 pm »
Very good podcast looking forward to the next one!

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2011, 01:04:10 pm »
Very good, and not nearly as pretentious as i thought it might be. :P

Think you handled the 'everyone talking at once' problem really well considering how many of you there were.

If you're looking for some feedback, I didn't know who was actually doing the talking a lot of the time as I'm not familiar with yer voices yet.

Offline David H

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2011, 01:07:03 pm »
enjoyed it.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2011, 01:16:25 pm »
Good point actually. Perhaps at the end of the podcast there could be a little comment about recent articles on the site and articles we can look forward to seeing over the next few days.

Yeah that'd be good. Not only does it help people know what's on the website, but it promotes it as well. I run a podcast myself and it can end up getting emailed on to others, burnt on disk, passed around, further than the download's let you know.

Like I said I believe it fills a massive void and unlike anything on LFC TV it's something I can listen to while watching another match (like City/Swansea last night), out on my bike, or while I'm doing jobs around the house. I think I will find myself looking out for it every week, and probably subscribe via iTunes. Like I said previously it's almost like a Sunday Supplement dedicated to us, but without the agenda's, or bellends. Just honest, frank conversation with a few laughs mixed in.

It's got a bunch of respected reds on there, a couple of whom I've met and I almost feel like I'm sitting there as well with a pint listening in, I may end up getting a couple tinnies in for the next one. I'm struggling to find any faults really. As it lasts roughly an hour, there's not much danger of going too far off on a tangent (as it does sometimes as any conversation may do once or twice) and feeling like something worthwhile wasn't discussed, because the host usually brings it back round.

I would agree with someone else that it helps there being 5-6 people on there rather than 2 or 3 as its great's to hear a spectrum of opinions. Also it makes a change from reading RAWK to gather other people's opinions as I don't have to listen to any unwarranted, over the top criticism - just fair comment.

If you're looking for some feedback, I didn't know who was actually doing the talking a lot of the time as I'm not familiar with yer voices yet.
Yeah I can only work out Kris and Rory, but I reckon over time you will get used to it. I'm sure you'd know if it was visual, but I quite like the audio aspect to it - although who knows for the future?
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline filthy1980

• tax dodger
  • Kopite
  • conspiracy shite
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2011, 01:31:13 pm »
really enjoyed the first 2 episodes, follow many of the guests on twitter so good to hear them expand on their points, only difficulty at the moment is identifying who's who when they're talking, will come with familiarity i guess

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2011, 01:48:06 pm »

I'm blaming the editor for this.

(We may have completely forgotten)

Very good, and not nearly as pretentious as i thought it might be. :P

Think you handled the 'everyone talking at once' problem really well considering how many of you there were.

It'll be a pretty fluid guest list, so familiarity won't be that easy to come by. Bar Neil, it'll be changing quite a lot. If I do more than 1 in 5 or 6 I'd be surprised.

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2011, 01:55:31 pm »
Really, really good - will look forward to the next one.

Offline imnotcomingback

• Kopite
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2011, 02:14:27 pm »
BTW

ANY feedback more than welcome

Initially, I  didn't 'get it' to be honest.  In fact, I still don't get the fashion, music etc bits. Those sections of the site just seems like a lame attempt to fill space.  How do you contextualise these? - by asking 'what are you wearing to the match'? and 'where are you heading out afterwards'? The line-up of the site is so strong in an LFC sense that any other content seems contrived.

Having said all that, I love it!!!

The podcasts are strong and it's good to have a site with muscle - in that there are so many role models who can influence the fanbase/point to the same content if we ever need to mobilise fans again (hopefully never or only in a good way). 

One suggestion would be to make the logo slightly smaller. At present, when you change pages, the actual content is beneath the fold - certainly on a 15 inch laptop at least.  You might wanna give people a glimpse that content is actually changing when they click on a menu item or on a contributor's face.

Everyone seems to be enjoying the podcasts so keep it up and maybe build on it by having live Q&A sessions etc on the site.

Well done though. Good to see a site with so much potential.
YNWA

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2011, 02:28:12 pm »
It'll be a pretty fluid guest list, so familiarity won't be that easy to come by. Bar Neil, it'll be changing quite a lot. If I do more than 1 in 5 or 6 I'd be surprised.

There's a bank of ten or twelve though, not including special guests. It will come in time but I agree with the comment we need to introduce ourselves. Neil does well putting names on the end of questions, mind you.

For those wondering:

Phil is the posh one who loves Phil Dowd.
Rob is the well-spoken fella.
Gareth (of Well Red) is the one who likes the word 'bollocks'.
Jim is the softly spoken one.
Rory is the one who actually knows what he's saying.
I'm the one making the blue jokes.

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2011, 02:31:37 pm »
Initially, I  didn't 'get it' to be honest.  In fact, I still don't get the fashion, music etc bits. Those sections of the site just seems like a lame attempt to fill space.  How do you contextualise these? - by asking 'what are you wearing to the match'? and 'where are you heading out afterwards'? The line-up of the site is so strong in an LFC sense that any other content seems contrived.

This will come in time. There'll be gigs reviews, bands as guests on the show, things such as last week's Bossmag gig being discussed. Football is the main thing, but that brings in music and fashion sometimes.

Fair point though, defo.

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2011, 02:40:49 pm »
There's a bank of ten or twelve though, not including special guests. It will come in time but I agree with the comment we need to introduce ourselves. Neil does well putting names on the end of questions, mind you.

For those wondering:

Phil is the posh one who loves Phil Dowd.
Rob is the well-spoken fella.
Gareth (of Well Red) is the one who likes the word 'bollocks'.
Jim is the softly spoken one.
Rory is the one who actually knows what he's saying.
I'm the one making the blue jokes.
which one likes to slow down and speed up his sentences? starts off at x10 then fades slowly until he is almost going in reverse

great show
q and a section?
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2011, 02:53:56 pm »
Terrific.  Simply boss.  Kudos to all concerned, not a turd in the punchbowl.

But I can only listen on Itunes and it kept dropping the feed requiring a refresh and then trying to find exactly where to pick up.  For a radio show I think there are too many different voices.   4 or 5 guests should be the max.  I feel the moderator should keep the audience apprised of who's speaking and keep interjectors out unless they raise their hand or summat and are recognised. 

And although funny, our Scouse habit of cracking jokes gets everyone off topic.

Yet another example of why we have the best support in the world.
Kill the humourless

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2011, 03:23:37 pm »

Having said all that, I love it!!!

The podcasts are strong and it's good to have a site with muscle - in that there are so many role models who can influence the fanbase/point to the same content if we ever need to mobilise fans again (hopefully never or only in a good way). 

One suggestion would be to make the logo slightly smaller. At present, when you change pages, the actual content is beneath the fold - certainly on a 15 inch laptop at least.  You might wanna give people a glimpse that content is actually changing when they click on a menu item or on a contributor's face.

Everyone seems to be enjoying the podcasts so keep it up and maybe build on it by having live Q&A sessions etc on the site.

Well done though. Good to see a site with so much potential.

To be honest, in my opinion, some of the best stuff on the site is the non-Footy stuff

Si Clancy's piece on The La's wouldn't look out of place in NME, and his interview today with the director of Hoop Dreams, Steve James is another belter.

The idea is to let people do things outside of their bubble, ie instead of talking about football, you've got Rory Smith writing about the riots and Tony Evans talking about ale, you've got Paul Rogers, who really knows his stuff, talking about music and David Morrissey and Scot Williams, both actors, talking about football.

Not defending it for the sake of it but the whole idea is to do something a bit different, of course, it's never going to please anyone, and I'm not haing a pop, just explaining why we've done it the way we have.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 03:31:08 pm by Don Vito Corleone »
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

royhendo

« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2011, 03:25:35 pm »
I'm still holding on to my aural hallucination that Rory Smith talks like Fergal Sharkey.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2011, 03:42:56 pm »
It's very good.

But.

All it needs now is a forum to get the views of fellow reds around the world.

Then it would be complete.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2011, 03:59:44 pm »
It's very good.

But.

All it needs now is a forum to get the views of fellow reds around the world.

Then it would be complete.

One of the first decisions we made was never to have a forum
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Offline mat106

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2011, 04:00:49 pm »
A great listen!

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2011, 06:56:01 pm »
One of the first decisions we made was never to have a forum

Not sure if idea's are welcome mate but what about a 'Post of the Week' picked from an LFC Forum like here which is then put forward and discussed ?
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2011, 07:30:02 pm »
Just listened to the first two episodes tonight and thought it was the right mix between the boys chatting in the pub and a well directed panel.  There was much less paper shuffling noise too in the second one as well and sounds very professional.

Agree with some of the comments about working out who is who as that can be quite tough with so many people, especially if the guests are going to turn over so regularly.

I really didn't appreciate the delivery of cakes 20 mins into my run tonight, so a minus there.

Offline danny boy the red

• arsed bead lover
  • Legacy Fan
  • Were going to Wembley!!!
« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2011, 07:33:18 pm »
Great job lads, great content and some excellent none footie articles, I really enjoyed Rory Smith's article on Englands schizophrenia.

The comment feature is perfect for providing feedback, anything more than that might take the emphasis off the site's actual content.

But I especially like the look of the site, it's very cool. My missus,  who is in to pretty websites,  was passing by my laptop when I was in the kitchen, she called me in asking me about the site, commenting on how great everything looks.

Anyway, look forward to hearing the next episode.

Well done lads.
http://twitter.com/thebig_sam

"Excited about working with young Ravel Morrison, but he comes with a list of "dead important" instructions. He's like a fucking Gremlin.

The first three? Don't let him near fireworks; Don't let him drink rum; Don't let him carry a sword. Fucking hell"

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2011, 07:45:08 pm »
It's now up on iTunes mate

Here
http://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-anfield-wrap-podcast/id456906266

thank you for direct link downloading now - for tech spazzes like me maybe its worth a headline on the front page?

otherwise i think the whole thing is a treat.  in a world of cluster podcasts it really stands out.  informed intelligent comment from people who love our club.

bravo.  i will be recommending the shit out of it to all my red mates.

Offline rednile

• Last one out
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 18 LT , 5 EC, 7 FAC, 8 LC, 3 UEFA,
« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2011, 08:37:42 pm »
Another really good podcast ,  subscribed on Itunes - keep them coming .
Spent sometimes in stormy weather                               

Offline ReddyMac

• Kopite
  • These eyes seek more glory!!
« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2011, 08:45:35 pm »
Decent podcast....Doesn't offer anything drastically different but sums up the events in prior week well...

Keep 'em coming...

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: August 16, 2011, 09:31:25 pm »
Listened to the first one tonight and really enjoyed it, good range of talking points and informed opinions, not too serious and not too silly. Good stuff.

Will deffo be downloading the second for the bus tomorrow
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2011, 10:02:10 am »
Made the front page of iTunes today under new and noteworthy, which we're a bit chuffed about

Offline bulb head.

• Main Stander
« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2011, 12:17:46 pm »
Only heard one episode and it's an absolutely brilliant Podcast.

The only negative I would make note of is the background noise. Sounds like paper 'wafting' it occurs quite often through the podcast, it makes it sound quite amateurish. That's just me being incredibly picky though.

Offline Danyaals Kop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2011, 12:34:23 pm »
Downloaded both podcasts yesterday night and I must say they were excellent to listen to.

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2011, 12:38:29 pm »
Only heard one episode and it's an absolutely brilliant Podcast.

The only negative I would make note of is the background noise. Sounds like paper 'wafting' it occurs quite often through the podcast, it makes it sound quite amateurish. That's just me being incredibly picky though.

That's eradicated in the second one. We're all still learning!

royhendo

« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2011, 01:18:05 pm »
Yeah, the phones going off and people coming in with cakes and having a laugh. *amateurish* ;D

Keep it the way it is, that's what I say.