Poll

Tory Christmas Party

Nothing like a good old knees up!
They should apologise and come clean
Johnson should resign
The front bench should resign
The entire party should resign
The entire party should be put in an Elon Musk rocket and fired off to jupiter with 2 packets of hula hoops and a pot noodle
I LOVE cheese!

Author Topic: Doesn't matter who you vote for as long as it's for the right reasons!  (Read 1157543 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Politics thread III - Remember us fighting each other makes Jeremy Cry :(
« Reply #5320 on: January 10, 2020, 11:16:45 pm »
Of the back of the Angela Lansbury bombshell...

I have potentially unearthed a bigger one.

It seems Quite possible that The character of  Mark Darcy in Bridget Jones diary is actually based on Kier Starmer.....

Fielding has yet to deny it....

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5321 on: January 11, 2020, 04:30:17 pm »
Corbyn speaking with his lunatic STW mates at a pro-Iran rally in London today. At the march there’s people handing out fliers defending/encouraging anti-west aggression from Iran and proxies.

Even by his fucking low standards it’s a dumb move speaking at this rally on the day Iran admits they accidentally murdered more than 150 civilians this week. Useless old c*nt. It maddens me he is still the leader of a major UK political party.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5322 on: January 11, 2020, 04:33:35 pm »
Salma Yaqoob suggesting that Blair (standard) and Johnson (what the actual fuck) should be prosecuted for war crimes. Abbot speaking there aswell. What a useless bunch.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5323 on: January 11, 2020, 04:43:04 pm »
Salma Yaqoob suggesting that Blair (standard) and Johnson (what the actual fuck) should be prosecuted for war crimes. Abbot speaking there aswell. What a useless bunch.
Sixth-form 'radical' stuff. Totally fucking clueless.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5324 on: January 11, 2020, 05:27:22 pm »

They've had their day in the sun.  Thankfully, they'll be gone soon, never to return.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #5325 on: January 11, 2020, 06:33:02 pm »
Of the back of the Angela Lansbury bombshell...

I have potentially unearthed a bigger one.

It seems Quite possible that The character of  Mark Darcy in Bridget Jones diary is actually based on Kier Starmer.....

Fielding has yet to deny it....

Is that a round about way of telling us you have watched Bridget Jones diary?
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #5326 on: January 11, 2020, 07:41:45 pm »
Corbyn speaking with his lunatic STW mates at a pro-Iran rally in London today. At the march there’s people handing out fliers defending/encouraging anti-west aggression from Iran and proxies.

Even by his fucking low standards it’s a dumb move speaking at this rally on the day Iran admits they accidentally murdered more than 150 civilians this week. Useless old c*nt. It maddens me he is still the leader of a major UK political party.

Isn't accidental murder manslaughter though? It's obviously a mistake and hopefully that will be the end of it.

They love their days out with their cronies don't they? And I bet you the Iranian theocratic hard liners are pissing themselves at his toadying.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5327 on: January 11, 2020, 08:07:38 pm »
Is that a round about way of telling us you have watched Bridget Jones diary?
Read it too.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5328 on: January 11, 2020, 08:16:27 pm »

Offline RedGlen

• Main Stander
« Reply #5329 on: January 13, 2020, 12:25:42 pm »
Quote from: Tepid T₂O on January 10, 2020, 10:19:27 PM

Now you don’t have to agree with  her....

But if she’s to be a successful labour leader, she needs to fight labour’s corner in Scotland.

She has to challenge the SNP head on.  Labour just haven’t done that in the last decade (you may not want that, I understand that, but for those of us that want a labour government it’s important to try to win some seats back in Scotland.)

She struck with a couple of things...
    Firstly the idea of labour giving a stuff about people in Scotland. Labour had pretty much given the impression that they’d given up caring.  I don’t think Phillips will win (or perhaps even should win   right now) but I think that’s an important message.

Secondly tackling the SNPs record head on.  Again, you may not agree, but as labour leader this needs to be the fight that is taken to the SNP. And for the record, the Scottish Curriculum for excellence is doing the exact opposite of what any serious educational research says works... so she’s got a point...

Clive Lewis is irrelevant because he’s not even going to get the votes of his own dinner party guests..

She needs to tackle SNP head on with ideas. Criticising them without providing an alternative is what they have been doing for years. The only thing she has proposed is 'being different' and being clear on constitutional policy.

She didn't say anything about education, she just said 'terrible record on public services'.

She also came across terribly, she was hesitant and sounded like she didn't know what to say.

I'm generally a fan of Phillips but that was a terrible interview.

Jess Philips is pretty irrelevant as well going by that criteria, she isn't going to win.

Have to agree with this (Elmo), Philips hasn't offered any credible alternatives at this juncture. Its just not going to win people over, I think its one of the reasons Labour lost to the Tories, if you just criticize something without offering any credible alternatives, you're fated to push people away. Note credible - what the general public think is credible is different from what policymakers might think is credible.

In contrast, all the SNP need to say is: Our public services are performing better than their equivalents in the rest of the UK. And they'd be right.

I do agree that the educational system is something that has to be looked at, but you're not going to win by mindlessly criticizing a, broadly, competent administration and political party without a robust alternative.  You just come across as having nothing of substance and a bunch of moaners, not an attractive look for a political party!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 12:28:45 pm by RedGlen »
01010011 01100001 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000001 01101100 01100010 01100001 00100001 00100000

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5330 on: January 13, 2020, 01:18:26 pm »

Have to agree with this (Elmo), Philips hasn't offered any credible alternatives at this juncture. Its just not going to win people over, I think its one of the reasons Labour lost to the Tories, if you just criticize something without offering any credible alternatives, you're fated to push people away. Note credible - what the general public think is credible is different from what policymakers might think is credible.

In contrast, all the SNP need to say is: Our public services are performing better than their equivalents in the rest of the UK. And they'd be right.

I do agree that the educational system is something that has to be looked at, but you're not going to win by mindlessly criticizing a, broadly, competent administration and political party without a robust alternative.  You just come across as having nothing of substance and a bunch of moaners, not an attractive look for a political party!
There’s truth in that.... but at least someone in labour is starting somewhere!
W

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5331 on: January 13, 2020, 01:26:52 pm »

I'm really not getting how Phillips is 'starting' anything. She is literally doing the same thing they have been doing for years.

Online HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5332 on: January 13, 2020, 01:37:16 pm »
Patel defends police over Extinction Rebellion inclusion on extremist list
The UK home secretary, Priti Patel, has defended anti-terrorist police for putting the Extinction Rebellion environmental protest group on a list of extremist ideologies, saying it was important to look at “a range of security risks”.

While accepting that XR was not a terrorist organisation, Patel told LBC radio that such assessment had to be “based in terms of risk to the public, security risks, security threats”....
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/jan/13/priti-patel-defends-inclusion-of-extinction-rebellion-on-terror-list

I can't stand this woman. She who wants to bring back the death penalty. Protests are not part of our democratic society anymore if she remains the home secretary.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #5333 on: January 13, 2020, 01:44:10 pm »
I'm really not getting how Phillips is 'starting' anything. She is literally doing the same thing they have been doing for years.

Was just going to say that. It`s exactly the same message they`ve been banging out for years, and why they are in the position that they are.

If you wanted to remain in Europe or get independence for Scotland you vote(d) SNP, if you were a unionist/brit nat you vote(d) Tory, Labour have painted themselves into an irrelevant corner in Scotland. Repeating the same mistakes is not the answer.

We all know where it comes from; Labour need Scottish votes/seats to have any chance of winning at Westminster, but they seem to think they can achieve this by ignoring what people say they want.

I have heard rumours that Scottish Labour are willing to change their stance on independence, if not go the whole hog and split from UK Labour. Phillips is tone deaf on this issue. At best.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5334 on: January 13, 2020, 01:44:56 pm »
The UK home secretary, Priti Patel, has defended anti-terrorist police for putting the Extinction Rebellion environmental protest group on a list of extremist ideologies, saying it was important to look at “a range of security risks”.

While accepting that XR was not a terrorist organisation, Patel told LBC radio that such assessment had to be “based in terms of risk to the public, security risks, security threats”....
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/jan/13/priti-patel-defends-inclusion-of-extinction-rebellion-on-terror-list

I can't stand this woman. She who wants to bring back the death penalty. Protests are not part of our democratic society anymore if she remains the home secretary.

Weird, i think her party are extremists.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #5335 on: January 13, 2020, 06:42:00 pm »

She could think about stronger sentences for Treason or at the very least colluding with another country perhaps, as for the other matter of putting Green Activists on an extreme list,  did that order come from her boss in number 10 or his boss in the white house, or a flat earth society advisor or maybe the grand boss in the Kremlin.

A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5336 on: January 13, 2020, 07:44:15 pm »
https://twitter.com/msloobylou/status/1216762733108125696?s=21

Losing in 2017 is more significant than three election wins, fucking losers

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5337 on: January 13, 2020, 07:48:21 pm »

Sure start?
Tax credits?
Lowest crime rate in history?
Lowest waiting times ever?

My head hurts
W

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5338 on: January 13, 2020, 08:04:11 pm »

"Standing on the shoulders of giants and opening your bowels."
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5339 on: January 13, 2020, 08:26:30 pm »
Sure start?
Tax credits?
Lowest crime rate in history?
Lowest waiting times ever?

My head hurts
couldnt slag off the government tho

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5340 on: January 13, 2020, 11:52:11 pm »
couldnt slag off the government tho
is that a critique of all the threads in here?
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5341 on: January 14, 2020, 07:50:37 am »
The state of the ‘news’ in the mornings on itv and bbc.

Former has that idiot piers on a soapbox all morning spouting nonsense and being frankly disrespectful to his co-hosts whom of course happen to be women.

Meanwhile the latter has Dan (football focus guy) hanging outside no.10 Downing Street like a lovesick teen waiting on the PM to give him an audience.

Sky news it is.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5342 on: January 14, 2020, 05:05:04 pm »
Boris the scruffy headed c*nt wants to crowdfund to raise half a million to ring Big Ben on Brexit day?? How about helping the homeless instead???

Die a slow horrible death you fucking c*nt.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51107646
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5343 on: January 14, 2020, 06:14:17 pm »

Even by Johnsons standards, this is a weak response. His only justification for rejecting the request is based on a lie, that Sturgeon and Salmond made a 'personal promise' that the 2014 referendum was 'once in a generation'. Neither did so.

Even if they had it would be irrelevant mind, but they didn't.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5344 on: January 14, 2020, 07:11:23 pm »

Even by Johnsons standards, this is a weak response. His only justification for rejecting the request is based on a lie, that Sturgeon and Salmond made a 'personal promise' that the 2014 referendum was 'once in a generation'. Neither did so.

So if they don't get a indiref 2 will it all kick off north of the border?

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5345 on: January 14, 2020, 07:12:42 pm »
Boris the scruffy headed c*nt wants to crowdfund to raise half a million to ring Big Ben on Brexit day?? How about helping the homeless instead???

Die a slow horrible death you fucking c*nt.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51107646

I reckon we could crowd fund that option even maybe purchase a ditch for it.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5346 on: January 14, 2020, 07:14:24 pm »
So if they don't get a indiref 2 will it all kick off north of the border?

We'll see. To be honest I think the SNP 1) expected this and 2) actually probably hoped for this. The numbers aren't quite there yet and their hope will be that this will drive support for independence. Let them move the goalposts yet again and see what happens in the 2021 Scottish elections where you can guarantee that both the SNP and the Greens will have a cast iron commitment to a referendum in their manifestos. Barring big changes a majority between them is almost certain.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5347 on: January 14, 2020, 07:18:50 pm »

She's starting by hiring Blair McDougall as her Scotland advisor.... the mastermind behind David Milibands leadership campaign, the Better Together campaign (which lost a huge lead over the course of the campaign), the 2015 election campaign in Scotland (under Jim Murphy's leadership) and came 3rd in Murphys old seat in 2017.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #5348 on: January 14, 2020, 07:39:01 pm »
We'll see. To be honest I think the SNP 1) expected this and 2) actually probably hoped for this. The numbers aren't quite there yet and their hope will be that this will drive support for independence. Let them move the goalposts yet again and see what happens in the 2021 Scottish elections where you can guarantee that both the SNP and the Greens will have a cast iron commitment to a referendum in their manifestos. Barring big changes a majority between them is almost certain.

If pro-referendum parties can get over 50% of the vote then I think the argument for a second ref becomes a lot stronger

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5349 on: January 14, 2020, 07:46:13 pm »
If pro-referendum parties can get over 50% of the vote then I think the argument for a second ref becomes a lot stronger

It would but it is an another arbritrary line being imposed that isn't for anything else, that shouldn't be required.

It would set a terrible precedent that minority positions aren't allowed a vote on something (with fair campaigning rules, purdah etc) until they have already achieved majority support.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #5350 on: January 14, 2020, 11:14:27 pm »

Is this satire?  I honestly can't tell any more.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5351 on: January 15, 2020, 08:16:39 am »

They didnt even put it on the side of a bus. Amateurs.

Offline themightybeard

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5352 on: January 15, 2020, 12:26:12 pm »

Is this satire?  I honestly can't tell any more.
"blessed freedom from the confines of Brussels". Fucking hell. It's just absolute nonsense of the highest order. Everytime I begin to think it's unhelpful to Brexit voters as xenophobic fuckwits, I see stuff like this that is genuinely parrotted by those who voted Brexit despite knowing fuck all about anything and go straight back to square one. I will never get over the idiocy that this country has displayed over the past few years.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #5353 on: January 15, 2020, 12:33:12 pm »
As a by the way, I was in London on Saturday walking past Westminster, and there's all this scaffolding around Big Ben, which prompted a French tourist to look around a bit confused and ask a guy in a hi-viz jacket 'Ou-est Big Ben?'.

Not sure if that's a metaphor or not.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #5354 on: January 15, 2020, 12:45:05 pm »
"blessed freedom from the confines of Brussels". Fucking hell. It's just absolute nonsense of the highest order. Everytime I begin to think it's unhelpful to Brexit voters as xenophobic fuckwits, I see stuff like this that is genuinely parrotted by those who voted Brexit despite knowing fuck all about anything and go straight back to square one. I will never get over the idiocy that this country has displayed over the past few years.

It'll give the fuckwits the opportunity to set off loads of fireworks too.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5355 on: January 15, 2020, 01:22:57 pm »
https://twitter.com/HannahAlOthman/status/1217432967158599682

The GMB branch representing the Newcastle Labour staff unanimously voted to back this motion on Monday.

A letter will follow to party HR and Newcastle bosses asking for an explanation from Labour as to why it is hiring new staff in almost-identical roles.

(the motions is in the link)

You can see why those unions without personal crony connections to the labour leaders key staff aren't wanting to back someone to take over who rates that leader, who under their leadership saw Labour staff consider industrial disputes against Labour, '10 out of 10'

Edit: and here's her article, written up

Labour Staff Who Were Made Redundant While Trying To Improve Their Working Conditions Say Their Treatment Is “Outrageous”
Exclusive: “It’s something I never, ever thought would happen, to be made to feel like you’re not valued, like a commodity, it really goes against the party’s ethos,” said one former worker.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/hannahalothman/labour-staff-redundant-grievance
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 01:25:01 pm by Classycara »

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5358 on: January 15, 2020, 03:18:50 pm »
https://www.buzzfeed.com/hannahalothman/labour-staff-redundant-grievance

Someone should make up some lie and say that the labour paymasters are american. It might inspire the leadership's cabal into believing these workers they're exploiting deserve rights and reverse sacking workers for organising.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5359 on: January 15, 2020, 05:34:00 pm »
As a by the way, I was in London on Saturday walking past Westminster, and there's all this scaffolding around Big Ben, which prompted a French tourist to look around a bit confused and ask a guy in a hi-viz jacket 'Ou-est Big Ben?'.

Not sure if that's a metaphor or not.

I went passed it on a number 11 bus from Victoria to Covent Garden and noticed quite a lot of scaffolding at various locations in the area.