Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12250084 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #99560 on: April 30, 2019, 09:04:28 pm »
Brewster is in the traveling squad to Barcelona...

Pretty good for him...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #99561 on: April 30, 2019, 10:03:18 pm »
Aye they would, as probably would Jan Molby still.

;D

You don’t think so? He was pretty good against Madrid for example.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99562 on: April 30, 2019, 10:28:02 pm »
Looks like the young reds have beaten man city 1 nil and [/b]won the league[/b]as well as the youth cup.

Well done everyone at the academy.

Nope.  They’d need to wi their final game something like 11 or 12 - nil to win the North league.  Good win again v Man City but I think City we’re playing a much changed, largely U16 team

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99563 on: May 4, 2019, 10:11:56 am »
U18s play at 1230. 10 goal win needed to finish top, which isnt impossible given some of the scorelines you get at this level and you dont know how strong the opposition will go.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99564 on: May 4, 2019, 02:24:47 pm »
Won 1-0. Orourke at the end. Really good season for the u18s. Most should be playing u23s next year but really depends on clearing out a fair few of the older youth players.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #99565 on: May 6, 2019, 02:57:14 pm »
wilson will need a prem loan. more shop window action.

Cannot see another loan, he'll be gone this summer.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99566 on: May 9, 2019, 02:50:15 pm »
Hypothetical question - If we have a youth player out on loan to a League 1 side, now that their season is over, can that youth player now play in our last league game?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99567 on: May 9, 2019, 05:43:03 pm »
Hypothetical question - If we have a youth player out on loan to a League 1 side, now that their season is over, can that youth player now play in our last league game?

I think the only one we have I Herbie Kane and I think he I involved in the playoffs.  But hypothetically, probably not.  He will still be registered to the other club and I think the release-to-play (if they’re not involved in playing matches for their registered club) is only to U23/academy games.  The release to play doesn’t apply to non youth loanees. 

Offline ElPayaso

• Main Stander
« Reply #99568 on: May 10, 2019, 04:16:42 pm »
You think Duncan is better than Glatzel?

For me, Glatzel is way better, Duncan is a goalmachine but Glatzel is so much more. I'm really looking forward to see how Glatzel progresses from here.

Also, I really want Harry Wilson to get a chance for us next season, he's ready for it.

Offline HelterSkelter

• Kopite
« Reply #99569 on: May 10, 2019, 04:42:06 pm »
I think that a lot of the people that are writing of Wilsons career with us haven't took into account of our system. We've got a first team full of write offs and misfits. Robbo, Hendo, Milner, Matip, Gini, Lovren, etc. All playing to a standard that was unthinkable at certain parts of their respective careers. Harry has talent, when you put someone with talent in a well oiled machine like ours they bloom. I would be surprised to see him leave to be honest. We could really use someone with his skills in the squad

Offline HelterSkelter

• Kopite
« Reply #99570 on: May 10, 2019, 05:34:44 pm »
Goal have just released a piece on Harry and his development targets. Seems like he's smashed them. Well in lad!!

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/wembley-bound-premier-league-bound-liverpool-loanee-wilson/133w3q0u9vdd3146bszcesf4jl

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #99571 on: May 10, 2019, 07:24:00 pm »
Good to see Man City's £200m academy investment paying off.

At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99572 on: May 10, 2019, 08:27:38 pm »
Article that includes a brief talk about Herbie Kane - https://statsbomb.com/2019/05/league-one-playoff-preview/

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99573 on: May 10, 2019, 10:21:27 pm »
i wonder if woodburn is quick enough to play in a klopp MF?

if we're looking at aouar to play as that MF that links with attack i'd say ben's days are numbered as houssem just a year older.

sell him in the summer if we can't get him a decent shop window loan to push his value up?

same with grujic.  i like the look of him but it would be mental to turn down £35m from Atletico.

that would pay - for example - rabiot signing on fee and a big chunk of his wages.

Woodburn has the quality to continue with him, he does need to develop a burst of acceleration so he can create space for himself but the skill and intelligence is there.

Grujic us interesting as he could become a beast of a player if he's learned to play at a higher tempo but I do feel he will be sold for a decent profit

Rabiot hasn't shown a great attitude at PSG, wouldn't want a prima Donna spoiling our team spirit if he's not playing regular

Agree on the comments about Glatzel, he's got the game and the mentality to become a big part of what Klopp wants to do at Liverpool

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #99574 on: May 10, 2019, 11:12:40 pm »
So, Michael Edwards has been watching Harry Wilson! Hmm..

Doesn't stick with the narrative that the club has given up on him though.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99575 on: May 11, 2019, 12:35:38 am »

And wondering how much he can sell him for?

Haha - I kid - I want this kid to make it here to prove the doubters wrong.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #99576 on: May 11, 2019, 05:09:37 pm »
As I've stated in here before I can see quite a few of our U23s heading the door this Summer.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #99577 on: May 11, 2019, 05:25:36 pm »
I think the youth staff have said that

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #99578 on: May 11, 2019, 05:43:38 pm »

Narrative?  ???

The manager himself has said he’ll be here over the summer so we can have a look at him
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99579 on: May 15, 2019, 06:22:57 pm »
Klopp referred to the young boys in relation to next season

“Div showed up in a brilliant way, obviously, I’m very happy for him. Ox is coming back, Naby will then finally be there, Rhian Brewster will come, all the young boys if they want to go for it,” said the boss

Who did he have in mind?  Or are these just general words of encouragement?  Hoever?  Wilson? Camacho - probably leaving?  Curtis Jones?

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #99580 on: May 15, 2019, 06:24:51 pm »
Masterson has left Liverpool.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #99581 on: May 15, 2019, 06:28:06 pm »
Randall, Adakanye, McAuley, Camacho, Whelan and Raticcio all going too re: James Pearse.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #99582 on: May 15, 2019, 06:35:45 pm »
While I have your attention can I ask what kind of player Brewster is like, note that I've never seen him play.

Ta in advance.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99583 on: May 15, 2019, 06:38:12 pm »
Pity re Camacho who is one of the nominees for PL2 player of the year I see.  But would have an uncertain path here and his head has been turned - just goes to show its a case of only la crème de la crème

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99584 on: May 15, 2019, 06:39:45 pm »
While I have your attention can I ask what kind of player Brewster is like, note that I've never seen him play.

Ta in advance.

From the little I have seen of him, he seems to be a versatile, talented forward, good eye for goal, good determination, reasonable size, strength, pace, shooting - all adding up to a good proposition

JK clearly loves him and that's good enough for me!

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #99585 on: May 15, 2019, 06:39:55 pm »
Pity re Camacho who is one of the nominees for PL2 player of the year I see.  But would have an uncertain path here and his head has been turned - just goes to show its a case of only la crème de la crème

Can see quite a number going this Summer, U23 and fringe players.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99586 on: May 15, 2019, 06:46:46 pm »
Can see quite a number going this Summer, U23 and fringe players.

Yes there is noise of a clear out.  Clearing path for more youngsters....I see Echo are saying Bobby Duncan is concerned over his pathway which will be an issue albeit I suspect that one may be premature

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #99587 on: May 15, 2019, 06:48:46 pm »
Yes there is noise of a clear out.  Clearing path for more youngsters....I see Echo are saying Bobby Duncan is concerned over his pathway which will be an issue albeit I suspect that one may be premature

He only got here last summer and isn’t even 18 until late next month. He’s got plenty of time yet.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99588 on: May 15, 2019, 06:49:35 pm »
Randall, Adakanye, McAuley, Camacho, Whelan and Raticcio all going too re: James Pearse.
Ritaccio is surprising after one season. The rest all needed to go for their own careers

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #99589 on: May 15, 2019, 06:56:34 pm »

Duncan will move to the 23s next season with a few out as the clearout begins as you rightly say Clearing path for more youngsters
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99590 on: May 15, 2019, 08:49:13 pm »
Ritaccio is surprising after one season. The rest all needed to go for their own careers

Camacho didn't need to go, he's certainly not at the make or break age. Klopp clearly rates him, we offered him a new contract no? 

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99591 on: May 15, 2019, 10:08:19 pm »
Camacho didn't need to go, he's certainly not at the make or break age. Klopp clearly rates him, we offered him a new contract no?
He's trained with the frist team for like 18 months but still barely played any minutes and even then it was at right back where he clearly doesn't want to play. We also stopped him going out on loan. Can understand why he might want to leave.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #99592 on: May 15, 2019, 11:15:39 pm »
Narrative?  ???

The manager himself has said he’ll be here over the summer so we can have a look at him

Yes, plenty of posters here have already decided he will be sold (that's the narrative), before Klopp even has a look at him in the summer.

Online mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #99593 on: May 16, 2019, 10:24:16 am »
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99594 on: May 16, 2019, 10:32:40 am »
Wonder if Hoever’s arrival has led to us cooling plans for Camacho at RB.  Can see Hoever getting more first team time next season

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #99595 on: May 16, 2019, 11:17:43 am »
Wonder if Hoever’s arrival has led to us cooling plans for Camacho at RB.  Can see Hoever getting more first team time next season

Also, Camacho doesn't feel like a RB. He himself doesn't feel comfortable and he has posted online that he feels he is an attacker. The contract situation doesn't seem good as well.

Whereas Hoever clearly feels as a defensive player, even if he has flair on the ball. I remember that we played Hoever as CB against Wolves, so where do you see him play primarily in the future? Where do you think he will be at his best? RB or CB?

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99596 on: May 16, 2019, 12:03:07 pm »
Also, Camacho doesn't feel like a RB. He himself doesn't feel comfortable and he has posted online that he feels he is an attacker. The contract situation doesn't seem good as well.

Whereas Hoever clearly feels as a defensive player, even if he has flair on the ball. I remember that we played Hoever as CB against Wolves, so where do you see him play primarily in the future? Where do you think he will be at his best? RB or CB?

RB unless and until he is physically more imposing to cope at CB

Offline ElPayaso

• Main Stander
« Reply #99597 on: May 16, 2019, 12:16:50 pm »
Surprised to see Ritaccio leave, if that's correct, Camacho leaving isn't that surprising but a bit sad since he's been really good this season, had high hopes for Masterson at some point but he doesn't seem to be able to put the pieces together.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99598 on: May 16, 2019, 12:27:06 pm »
I think Clyne will leave and we won't buy a RB. I can see Hoever being given the opportunity to develop into Trent's deputy over the course of next season. You would think that eventually he'll end up at CB but I could see him getting 50 starts at RB over the next 3 seasons before he moves inside. He'll only be 20 at that point.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99599 on: May 16, 2019, 12:40:22 pm »
We have quite a few players who can deputise for Trent. Not ideal but the Moreno replacement is more important.