Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2812296 times)

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Reply #28760 on: March 14, 2024, 11:33:12 pm »
Basically stopped running once he saw he wasn't getting subbed.
Yes, cos the boss told him to ...
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28761 on: March 14, 2024, 11:39:21 pm »
Yes, cos the boss told him to ...

"I told him not to defend anymore – I don’t think I ever said that to a player. By the way, Mo, that’s different on Sunday!" Mo took it easy as instructed.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28762 on: March 14, 2024, 11:45:35 pm »
I hope the unplanned extra 20 minutes walking around on the field doesn't take it out of him. ;D

Needed to get his Fitbit steps in.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28763 on: March 15, 2024, 02:39:59 am »
What a record eh?

Mohamed Salah has become the first Liverpool player to score 20+ goals in seven consecutive seasons in a row.

The 31-year-old’s record for the season now sits at 20 goals and 10 assists in all competitions.

It is the seventh season in a row that Salah has scored at least 20 goals for the Reds. No other Liverpool player has ever managed that feat.

The previous record was held by former forward Ian Rush, who scored 20+ goals in six consecutive campaigns between the 1981-82 and 1986-87 campaigns.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Air Jota

• Main Stander
« Reply #28764 on: March 15, 2024, 02:42:33 am »
Im sure that its his 7th straight season with double digit assists?

Correction, hes done it 6 out of the 7 seasons
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 02:45:43 am by Air Jota »

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28765 on: March 15, 2024, 03:29:20 am »
What a record eh?

Mohamed Salah has become the first Liverpool player to score 20+ goals in seven consecutive seasons in a row.

The 31-year-old’s record for the season now sits at 20 goals and 10 assists in all competitions.

It is the seventh season in a row that Salah has scored at least 20 goals for the Reds. No other Liverpool player has ever managed that feat.

The previous record was held by former forward Ian Rush, who scored 20+ goals in six consecutive campaigns between the 1981-82 and 1986-87 campaigns.

In the time he's been here he's scored at least 20 goals a season, in the time he's been here Everton haven't had 1 player to reach 20 goals in a season...

Offline itihasas

• Kemlynite
« Reply #28766 on: March 15, 2024, 06:02:11 am »
What a player

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28767 on: March 15, 2024, 07:21:19 am »
One of our greatest.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28768 on: March 15, 2024, 09:07:39 am »
In the time he's been here he's scored at least 20 goals a season, in the time he's been here Everton haven't had 1 player to reach 20 goals in a season...

pace fucking goals dont count....

Offline rolla

• Main Stander
« Reply #28769 on: March 16, 2024, 09:14:38 am »
So in a game where he spent a period walking around in cotton wool,  did Mo just quietly bag a goal and a hattrick of assists?

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #28770 on: March 16, 2024, 09:17:29 am »
Simply an incredible signing!  Q? Did anyone have the first clue of the level he would reach here when he first joined?  (Clue - answer = NO or a lie ;-))
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28771 on: March 16, 2024, 09:22:54 am »

Calvert-Lewin got 21 in 2020/21
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28772 on: March 16, 2024, 09:55:17 am »
Simply an incredible signing!  Q? Did anyone have the first clue of the level he would reach here when he first joined?  (Clue - answer = NO or a lie ;-))

Not at all. Thought, if we could get 15-ish goals from that would be a good return. Amazing thing is that he's not just a goal scorer either, he's a brilliant playmaker as well.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28773 on: March 16, 2024, 02:42:05 pm »

Not even close. Optimistically you were hoping Torres or Sturbridge levels.

But he’s our top 5 players ever.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #28774 on: March 16, 2024, 02:57:37 pm »
I'm not just saying it because he had the wrist strap on but it's almost like we have Luis Suarez on the wing without all the nutmegs. He's had to adapt his game from being one of the paciest wingers in Europe and he still kind of has it, but he is playmaking on a whole new level as well as having the goals.

I really hope he is offered a contract extension by a couple of years. He has all of the ingredients to still be dictating games for the next 2-3 years at least.

He really is that good, and seeing him back in the team after an absence has really made me appreciate that more.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28775 on: March 16, 2024, 03:21:23 pm »
Not even close. Optimistically you were hoping Torres or Sturbridge levels.

But he’s our top 5 players ever.

Absolutely not did i think his goal scoring would be near theirs let alone eclipse them!

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #28776 on: March 17, 2024, 09:11:13 pm »
At 2-1 up we had so many chances that just needed a simple ball from him, but he wasn't up to it today.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #28777 on: March 17, 2024, 09:17:58 pm »
At 2-1 up we had so many chances that just needed a simple ball from him, but he wasn't up to it today.

He was poor today there's no shame admitting that but he's got the goal so there's that.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #28778 on: March 17, 2024, 09:21:11 pm »
He was poor today there's no shame admitting that but he's got the goal so there's that.

And every good United attack came down his side, so there's that also.

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
« Reply #28779 on: Today at 08:30:11 am »
Is he fasting? Someone said he was but I thought sportsmen were exempt on match days?

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28780 on: Today at 08:31:14 am »
Is he fasting? Someone said he was but I thought sportsmen were exempt on match days?

I don’t believe they are exempt, more they are allowed to break fast during a game if that’s when it should be.

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #28781 on: Today at 08:40:54 am »

No they are not exempt, I'm sure we help as much as possible with nutrition etc.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28782 on: Today at 09:11:25 am »
The guy has refrained from alcohol, i am sure he can manage to skip a few meals.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28783 on: Today at 09:16:04 am »
He isn't. Even uf he was, his sleep cycle is affected as well so he'll be feeling tired.