Author Topic: It's Snowing!!  (Read 305221 times)

Online jack witham

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: It's Snowing!!
« Reply #4160 on: January 30, 2019, 05:35:17 pm »
I can remember a game against Luton in the cup ,might have been a replay.
They never turned up said the weather was too bad.
Even though some of their fans made it.
Used to hate playing them Mick Harford and that prick with the head band Steve Foster I think.
Horrible bastards and their plastic pitch.

Form is temporary,Class is permanent.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #4161 on: February 6, 2019, 12:28:17 pm »
I can remember a game against Luton in the cup ,might have been a replay.
They never turned up said the weather was too bad.
Even though some of their fans made it.
Used to hate playing them Mick Harford and that prick with the head band Steve Foster I think.
Horrible bastards and their plastic pitch.

yeah foster was the one with the headband

i think that was the game Liverpool tricked Alan Irvine into believing he was playing, when he left  the dressing room to ring home and tell his family he was playing he then came back to an empty dressing room. Think to add insult to injury someone didnt recognise him and threw him out of the ground.

edit: the last bit about him being thrown out is wrong, he was left alone with kenny in the changing room before finally being told it was off
« Last Edit: February 6, 2019, 12:39:11 pm by Hellrazor »
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #4162 on: November 14, 2019, 09:22:47 am »
It's snowing here right now just below Exmoor.

Quite large flakes but fortunately it's not sticking, or at least yet, the ground is probably just a tad too warm and air temperature is around 2 degrees C.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4163 on: November 14, 2019, 09:41:32 am »
Temperature def been dropping quite rapidly up here, took a walk into town yesterday and the wind was absolutely baltic.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4164 on: November 14, 2019, 10:34:04 am »
It's snowing here right now just below Exmoor.

Quite large flakes but fortunately it's not sticking, or at least yet, the ground is probably just a tad too warm and air temperature is around 2 degrees C.

Hate the snow these days

Our kids is driving his truck from Southampton to Birmingham and back - he's chosen to sit in the jam on the A34 rather than go over birdlip due to the snow.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #4165 on: November 14, 2019, 10:52:35 am »
You know earlier I said it wasn't sticking...well it is now and shows no sign of abating, if anything it's getting heavier.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline norv44

• Main Stander
  • Reads RAWK to avoid real life
« Reply #4166 on: January 18, 2020, 10:46:34 pm »
For anyone interested, we had anywhere from 76 to 93 cm of snow fall in St John's, Newfoundland yesterday. It's the biggest storm in our recorded history. Here are Some pictures I took awhile trying to do the clean up today. In the first you can see what's visible of our car, the little black strip. In the last, my partner had to sit on it to shovel it out. We couldn't finish as an electrical transformer blew up on a power line almost overhead. Back at it tomorrow!

« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 10:42:21 am by Claire. »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4167 on: January 18, 2020, 10:57:47 pm »
The UK would go into hysterics if that happened here.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline norv44

• Main Stander
  • Reads RAWK to avoid real life
« Reply #4168 on: January 18, 2020, 11:10:07 pm »
It sure isn't a picnic. We're used to snow but yesterday was unbelievable. Our biggest problem around our house is trying to find a place to pile it up. The city will likely be back to normal by Monday or Tuesday though.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4169 on: January 19, 2020, 10:14:37 am »
It sure isn't a picnic. We're used to snow but yesterday was unbelievable. Our biggest problem around our house is trying to find a place to pile it up. The city will likely be back to normal by Monday or Tuesday though.

Yeah, where the hell do you put that much snow? Just make giant snowmen?

Thats what get me the most. I know Canada and America are used to snow, but they way you deal with huge snow falls compared to the way the UK falls apart when half an inch falls is ridiculous. Used to work with a fella who lived in Denver, sent me some pics one day, snow most of the way up the windows - everyone was dug out by the end of the day and back to normal.

If you get Sky news over there, have a watch of the reporting if we get any snow this year, it'll give you a right laugh.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4170 on: January 19, 2020, 10:17:44 am »

Thats what get me the most. I know Canada and America are used to snow, but they way you deal with huge snow falls compared to the way the UK falls apart when half an inch falls is ridiculous. Used to work with a fella who lived in Denver, sent me some pics one day, snow most of the way up the windows - everyone was dug out by the end of the day and back to normal.

If you get Sky news over there, have a watch of the reporting if we get any snow this year, it'll give you a right laugh.
Same in the summer Rob.

Get 3 hot days in a row over here and everybody is dying   :)

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4171 on: January 19, 2020, 10:24:36 am »
Same in the summer Rob.

Get 3 hot days in a row over here and everybody is dying   :)

This country is full of soft shites isn't it.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4172 on: January 19, 2020, 11:14:20 am »
I hate snow or icy conditions for driving, in fact I don't even attempt to so god knows how I'm going to get on when we move to the depths of Wales where it's mainly B roads and single track lanes.

Actually as I said to Paul this morning I'll be getting an old beat up 4 wheel drive land rover with winter tyres and snow chains on [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4173 on: January 19, 2020, 11:19:48 am »
I hate snow or icy conditions for driving, in fact I don't even attempt to so god knows how I'm going to get on when we move to the depths of Wales where it's mainly B roads and single track lanes.

Actually as I said to Paul this morning I'll be getting an old beat up 4 wheel drive land rover with winter tyres and snow chains on [emoji23]

Mate of mine moved to Llanwydyn and she copes fine - you'll get used to it.

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4174 on: January 19, 2020, 11:29:28 am »
Mate of mine moved to Llanwydyn and she copes fine - you'll get used to it.
to be honest I'm not even sure they get that much snow where we're going.  My brothers been there a couple of years now and he's only posted pics of snow twice and it wasnt much more than a hard frost [emoji23]

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4175 on: January 19, 2020, 03:05:09 pm »

My Dad always said it was the same in Paisley when he was a young man, by the time he was going to work in the morning the roads - and pavements as importantly - were clear. Banks of snow at the sides, but you could travel on it.

Myself, I've become a wuss, old ladies on zimmerframes can overtake me on snow and ice now, cussing as they pass. I can tell what they're saying from the little gusts of breath emanating.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #4176 on: January 19, 2020, 03:08:19 pm »

A bit extreme for Rhyl, Debbs. 😄
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4177 on: January 19, 2020, 03:19:41 pm »
A bit extreme for Rhyl, Debbs. 😄

Gotta protect myself from the sheep somehow mate  ;D

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #4178 on: January 20, 2020, 10:23:45 am »
For anyone interested, we had anywhere from 76 to 93 cm of snow fall in St John's, Newfoundland yesterday. It's the biggest storm in our recorded history. Here are Some pictures I took awhile trying to do the clean up today. In the first you can see what's visible of our car, the little black strip. In the last, my partner had to sit on it to shovel it out. We couldn't finish as an electrical transformer blew up on a power line almost overhead. Back at it tomorrow!

I'd love that to happen across the UK
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #4179 on: January 20, 2020, 12:11:25 pm »

I'd love that to happen across the UK

An Inch and the country grinds to a halt.

Would love it and I'm keeping fingers crossed as need some for a photoshoot!!!

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4180 on: February 24, 2020, 08:25:04 am »
Snowing like crazy here on Tyneside this morning.    :)

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #4181 on: February 24, 2020, 08:45:57 am »

Saturday night I had to pick up my daughter on the other side of town, emerged from the house to find that there was snow/slush everywhere and cars were reduced to 10 mph. On crossing over to the other side of town I discovered that it they`d only had the regulation rainstorm for the duration. In a small town it was bizarrely localised.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #4182 on: February 26, 2020, 08:18:04 am »
We had snow last night, car covered this morning but the roads were clear.
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #4183 on: February 26, 2020, 08:54:44 am »
First serious snow of the winter here in Tallinn. 40cms expected over the next couple of days and wind over 35 kmh. Real feel today minus 12 but air only around 0 or minus 1 so it's slushy in many places. It'll be fun when that all freezes. And it's March on Sunday. Mad.....

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #4184 on: February 26, 2020, 09:33:34 am »
Seen a few motors with snow atop

By me? Just puddles.

But snow is about!!

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4185 on: February 26, 2020, 04:40:31 pm »
This must be the first winter I can recall where I've not seen a snowflake fall in Liverpool. Even in previous mild winters there's been the odd snow shower at some point.  :-\

Looking out of the window I think I've only spotted snow on the Clwydian hills twice twice this winter.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #4186 on: February 26, 2020, 07:51:18 pm »
Little bit of snow overnight in the northwest. Let's see if it sticks.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4187 on: February 26, 2020, 07:52:33 pm »
This must be the first winter I can recall where I've not seen a snowflake fall in Liverpool. Even in previous mild winters there's been the odd snow shower at some point.  :-\

Looking out of the window I think I've only spotted snow on the Clwydian hills twice twice this winter.
Well, there's now a yellow warning out for snow and ice across the whole of the NW......

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4188 on: February 26, 2020, 11:21:49 pm »
Well, there's now a yellow warning out for snow and ice across the whole of the NW......

I'll believe it when I see it when it comes to snow in or around Liverpool. Local weather on Granada tonight says snow over 100 metres, so down here not much above sea level it will probably be rain, or a bit of sleet at best.  :-\ 

Currently we have a temperature of 4c with an overnight low of 3c.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #4189 on: February 27, 2020, 08:56:59 am »

Frozen hail on the car this morning. I prefer the snow to be honest.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4190 on: February 27, 2020, 09:24:26 am »
Snowing heavily in Hertfordshire
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4191 on: December 4, 2020, 09:42:43 am »
It's snowing!!!!!

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #4192 on: December 4, 2020, 11:55:17 am »
It's snowing!!!!!

That took me by surprise as i was doing the school run in Snowy Leeds - Came down in bucket loads
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4193 on: December 4, 2020, 12:06:10 pm »
That took me by surprise as i was doing the school run in Snowy Leeds - Came down in bucket loads
It's sleet here now and it was a surprise here too.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4194 on: December 4, 2020, 12:08:57 pm »
Saw someone I used to work with post pictures of snow in Essex this morning, thankfully it's not reached north London yet! It can stay away!!

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4195 on: December 4, 2020, 12:12:39 pm »
My first Nottingham snow, how exciting.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4196 on: December 4, 2020, 12:23:49 pm »
Starting to stick to the road now this snow here in Lancashire, was sleet for the first hour.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4197 on: December 5, 2020, 12:22:49 pm »
We got the thundersnow thing here in Edinburgh. Snow and thunder and lightening.....never even knew that was a thing  ;D

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4198 on: December 5, 2020, 12:36:54 pm »
We got the thundersnow thing here in Edinburgh. Snow and thunder and lightening.....never even knew that was a thing  ;D
'Turbulent mixing' phenomenon, most likely. It's fascinating to watch develop. Lightning and snow is so much more dramatic than lightning and rain. The diffraction of the light from the flashes is different. Am well envious now  :o

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4199 on: December 25, 2020, 01:46:17 pm »
Its snowing ;D  :wellin