Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 4007220 times)

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
Re: Shanklyboy's auld arse thread - Over 1000 Pages of Wisdom For Young Uns!
« Reply #41520 on: August 17, 2017, 03:47:13 pm »
Double shed and a woodburner well at least a brick fireplace and lots of wood stacked ready, Willi,  luxury, luxury. Well in my garage i have the bits for my Polytunnel and my Chicken coop and 'Run just waiting on my son in law to build them for me later this month.

In the meantime i have a Cougette and Runner Bean glut,  so i will be off loading them to neighbours and family.

I trust the chickens will be rescue ex-battery ones.
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41521 on: August 17, 2017, 04:31:07 pm »

Great to see you back Mags, as you can see, we've all been napping a lot longer than we should have been lately. Need matron to come in and shake some life into some of us. To their credit Willi and Geoff have at least been keeping things ticking over.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 10:04:42 pm by kopite.keith »
When in Rome...

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41522 on: August 17, 2017, 05:36:05 pm »
Great to see you back Mags, as you can see, we've all been napping a lot longer than we should have been lately. Need matron to come in and shake some life into some of us of us. To their credit Willi and Geoff have at least been keeping things ticking over.

Thank you Keith.  I found oblivion boring in the end, so I thought I'd come back here and annoy you all. 

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #41523 on: August 17, 2017, 07:26:18 pm »
Matrons back!

Get yer kecks off, inspection's due!

We've missed you missus.
Kill the humourless

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #41524 on: August 17, 2017, 08:14:36 pm »

yes they will,  got the website saved Mags

http://www.bhwt.org.uk/

great to see you on here Matron ;D
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 08:20:10 pm by Mutton Geoff »
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41525 on: August 17, 2017, 08:57:58 pm »
Thank you Jam and Mutty.  I hope you've both been good boys and have not indulged your base passions so there will be no need to purge you to cool your rampant lusts.

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41526 on: August 17, 2017, 09:04:28 pm »
yes they will,  got the website saved Mags

http://www.bhwt.org.uk/

Good for you.  Its awful that they kill them aged 5 to please the supermarkets who demand perfect shells on the eggs, when in fact the hens are good for many more years productive laying tasty eggs.  Plus they will have grass under their feet and see the sunlight for the first time.

Top man mutty. :scarf :champ 

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41527 on: August 18, 2017, 12:35:38 pm »
 Just received an appointment from the Outside Clinic - they give you eye tests at home - the tests are free and what you pay for the frames is up to you, same as anywhere else.  But it brought back memories of their horrific first visit.

It all started when I signed up to a community website called Streetlife.  Its not a debating forum, more if you want an item or want to give an item away, or can you recommend a tradesman sort of thing.  To Mr May's great amusement I signed up as Tanya Hyde.   They must all have lived pure and innocent lives as nobody ever made remark.

Anyway.  The years rolled by and I glanced at the site from time to time, and eventually saw a post from someone asking for DVDs.  Well I have about three large boxes full and no player, so I got in touch with this fella called Ralph, who called and took away a trolley load of DVDs.  On the second visit I began to have a strange feeling about Ralph.  He asked if I liked his trousers as they were silky and shiney.  I told him I had no opinion either way, and if he wanted to walk about in shiney trousers that was strictly a matter for him.  He appeared downcast and said that he thought I'd like his trousers as I clearly liked shiney things - the light switches, polished table etc, so he put them on specially to please me.  His feet and trolley barely touched the floor on his way out.

About three weeks later I'm reading off a sight card with the nice man from the Outside Clinic when the phone rings.  "It'll go to answerphone" says I.  Well it is, of course, Ralph.  Apparently I am his ideal woman, a proud beauty (and I'm having my eyes tested!) my magnificent arrogance and icy distain drives him wild with excitement.  Please will I wear some exotic underwear and the next time he visits we can have sex.

End of call and a deathly silence.  Neither I nor Clinic Man can look at eachother.  Eventually I stammer "He's insane.  I only gave him some DVDs.  I never encouraged him at all.  I'm not like that.  I. I .".  And Clinic Man said "Lets try again for the bottom line shall we?".

« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 12:40:16 pm by Maggie May »

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #41528 on: August 18, 2017, 01:21:40 pm »
Thank you Keith.  I found oblivion boring in the end, so I thought I'd come back here and annoy you all. 

And never did I think I could be more delighted to be annoyed lady!! Was thinking where TF you'd got to love!! Great to hear you're back on form!
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41529 on: August 18, 2017, 02:12:44 pm »
And never did I think I could be more delighted to be annoyed lady!! Was thinking where TF you'd got to love!! Great to hear you're back on form!

How were the dvds?
Kill the humourless

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41530 on: August 18, 2017, 02:36:36 pm »
How were the dvds?

More to the point is the content of said DVD's to give poor Ralph such encouragement...😉
When in Rome...

Offline Willi

• ave a sensa yuma? It appears e will :) Needs an 'h' in 'Cef', clearly! Appy retirement, fella :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #41531 on: August 18, 2017, 10:08:11 pm »
Wonderful that you're writing again Maggie. Hope you're keeping well.

Offline yellowquarry

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41532 on: August 19, 2017, 11:21:20 am »
Really pleased you are back Maggie.  Missed you.

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41533 on: August 20, 2017, 10:09:54 am »

Many thanks Johnno  :-*  Very kind.  Unlike some

How were the dvds?

More to the point is the content of said DVD's to give poor Ralph such encouragement...😉

I could mention.  "poor Ralph" indeed.  I take it you refer to the lunatic who wanders around inviting respectable ladies to inspect his shiney kecks?  *Snarls*

Wonderful that you're writing again Maggie. Hope you're keeping well.

Thank you Sweet William  :-*  Loved reading your gardening and shed stories.  I am very jealous of you and the Doc having large veg gardens/allotments.   I've always wanted such - aye well.

Really pleased you are back Maggie.  Missed you.

That's very kind of you lovely yellowquarry.  :-*  Its good to be back.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 08:23:31 pm by Maggie May »

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41534 on: August 20, 2017, 12:02:10 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vuO878gwWyw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vuO878gwWyw</a>
Kill the humourless

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41535 on: August 20, 2017, 07:52:54 pm »
I could mention.  "poor Ralph" indeed.  I take it you refer to the lunatic who wanders around inviting respectable ladies to inspect his shiney kecks?  *Snarls*

Really good story though Mags, I admit I laughed out loud when I read the last  line.
When in Rome...

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41536 on: August 20, 2017, 08:33:28 pm »
Really good story though Mags, I admit I laughed out loud when I read the last  line.

Yes.  I could see the funny side - if it happened to someone else of course.   ;D  I've got someone from the Outside Clinic coming this Wednesday.  Please God don't let it be the same fella.  I can foresee hysterical gibbering along the lines of "phone's off the hook today ha ha".  But what if he's told everyone?  What if they all fell about laughing at the Christmas Party when he won the "Crazy Visit of the Year Prize"?  Oh God ........

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41537 on: August 21, 2017, 09:54:39 am »
Right a full day on the allotment beckons see you later folks .
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #41538 on: August 21, 2017, 09:55:58 am »
Right a full day on the allotment beckons see you later folks .

Don't get a bad back.

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41539 on: August 21, 2017, 04:08:17 pm »
Anybody else having difficulty getting Windowlene original cream, is it just down here, or has it been purged from the window cleaning shelves generally in favour of arty farty new fangled sprays?

I was down to my last bottle so tried Asda - nooo, Sainsbury's - nooo, Tesco - nooo Waitrose - nooo, Co-op - nooo  I could have found the Grail quicker.  In despair, I tried the last refuge - Amazon.  And there it was - the Windowlene cream   :champ :scarf  but alas not the Grail.

I reckon this is all due to the laziness and sloth of the modern generation.  Nowadays they spray and faff round with a duster and think that's clean.  Now with Windowlene one needs to give it some welly to produce and deep and far superior shine.  And I do love shiney things (apart from kecks, obviously). 

I think I had similar trouble tracking down Vim. 

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41540 on: August 21, 2017, 09:06:35 pm »
Aye Mags it's all about getting it done fast or fastest today love - speaking of windows here o' course . . . . :P :P Seriously now, how are you doing lady? You've been much missed.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 10:40:46 pm by JohnnoWhite »
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41541 on: August 22, 2017, 10:28:01 am »
Aye Mags it's all about getting it done fast or fastest today love - speaking of windows here o' course . . . . :P :P Seriously now, how are you doing lady? You've been much missed.

Thank you Johnno.  Very kind of you to say that.   :-*  I've been in shutdown for a while, but I'm fine now and glad to be back. 

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41542 on: August 22, 2017, 08:06:22 pm »
Don't get a bad back.

Cheek of it, i do get a sore elbow though.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #41543 on: August 23, 2017, 01:12:39 pm »

Hello Maggie so good to see you back on here
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41544 on: August 23, 2017, 03:33:24 pm »

You too Vic, hope you're feeling well and ready for your next 90 minutes.
When in Rome...

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41545 on: August 23, 2017, 05:05:19 pm »

Hello Vic.  Very kind of you to say that.  Many thanks.   :-*  I see you've not been well recently.  I hope you are feeling better now.

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41546 on: August 23, 2017, 05:22:33 pm »
The Outside Clinic came today and the visit passed off without incident.  Slight deterioration in both eyes so a revised prescription, and the cataracts are coming along but nowhere near ready for an op.  Since there is a mist covering my manky right eye, it would appear that I will have to be wandering around like Blind Pew (?sp) before anything gets done.  Hmmmmmmmm.

They did appear nice people, but alas this proved not to be.  I had provided a mirror topped low table for their gear, and when I walked past it after they had gone I was horrified to see that it had been mauled.  :shocked   Mauled.   :o   I say... mauled !!!!! Savages  :no  Fingerprints everywhere.  They must be mutants to have that many fingers.  I tell you - I had to have a lie down and partake of several glasses of Wincarnis to soothe myself.   What outfit is this that unleashes such horrors on unsuspecting ladies of a certain age?  Evil bastards.  These days eh?  .....   :sad
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 05:24:56 pm by Maggie May »

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41547 on: August 23, 2017, 06:14:34 pm »
vicgill and Maggie May, hello my darlings.     :wave

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #41548 on: August 23, 2017, 11:37:20 pm »
vicgill and Maggie May, hello my darlings.     :wave

Hiya Paul how are you?
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41550 on: August 24, 2017, 12:44:01 am »
Hiya Paul how are you?

Ahhh I am good thanks (just don't mention the Toon ehh).    :butt

Are you all mended and up and running again?

I hope so.   Take care man     :)

Offline flw

• Famous Last Words
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • History is made so we never forget
« Reply #41551 on: August 24, 2017, 06:16:03 pm »
Anybody else having difficulty getting Windowlene original cream, is it just down here, or has it been purged from the window cleaning shelves generally in favour of arty farty new fangled sprays?

I was down to my last bottle so tried Asda - nooo, Sainsbury's - nooo, Tesco - nooo Waitrose - nooo, Co-op - nooo  I could have found the Grail quicker.  In despair, I tried the last refuge - Amazon.  And there it was - the Windowlene cream   :champ :scarf  but alas not the Grail.

I reckon this is all due to the laziness and sloth of the modern generation.  Nowadays they spray and faff round with a duster and think that's clean.  Now with Windowlene one needs to give it some welly to produce and deep and far superior shine.  And I do love shiney things (apart from kecks, obviously). 

I think I had similar trouble tracking down Vim. 

What happened  to vinegar  and  brown paper  then
   Maggie    lol 

Great to see you  back xx
If you have faith, you have everything.
Without it  , you have nothing.

If you are blind, you cannot see, If you are deaf you cannot hear, but if you are dumb God help you

We are like grains of sand, one amongst millions ,  and like sand ...when you walk this earth we leave behind out footprints

Offline flw

• Famous Last Words
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • History is made so we never forget
« Reply #41552 on: August 24, 2017, 06:19:22 pm »
  Welcome  back MR Gill .   Its lovely to see some of  the  old posters   making a return ....  you   to  Johno
If you have faith, you have everything.
Without it  , you have nothing.

If you are blind, you cannot see, If you are deaf you cannot hear, but if you are dumb God help you

We are like grains of sand, one amongst millions ,  and like sand ...when you walk this earth we leave behind out footprints

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41553 on: August 24, 2017, 06:33:38 pm »

What happened  to vinegar  and  brown paper  then
   Maggie    lol 

Great to see you  back xx

White vinegar was trendy a few years back. We've got a half full container somewhere under the sink.

Offline Willi

• ave a sensa yuma? It appears e will :) Needs an 'h' in 'Cef', clearly! Appy retirement, fella :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #41554 on: August 25, 2017, 11:07:38 pm »
Cheek of it, i do get a sore elbow though.
Well I have a Schleimbeutelentzündung in my right elbow, started about 3 weeks ago. Tis a bugger.
Google translates it as 'housemaid's Knee' but it's in my right elbow, if you want to take the piss, it's due to leaning too much on bars.
Had one in my left elbow 15 years ago, They operated on the Monday, I worked until Thursday, then on Friday I flew to Mallorca for a week.
On my return, the scar looked a bit of a mess and the Doctor said, ' You didn't drink enough'.
I assured him, I couldn't drink any more.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41555 on: August 26, 2017, 02:03:31 pm »
Sound like arl Charlie Drake there mate...but yes worth coming back on the thread to see some good old stalwarts like Vic and Maggie et al.
Hope FS is doing well.Been well bolloxed meself these last couple of years but have made an almost Istanbul recovery... so made up.

Glad your on the mend, good to see you as well.

as  for Charlie one of the first songs i remember Charlies ' My boomerang wont come back' that and Lonnies' My Old Mans a Dustman', finally can i also echo the greetings for Vic and Maggie. As for FS he is still on Twitter now and then.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 02:05:46 pm by Mutton Geoff »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41556 on: August 26, 2017, 05:35:12 pm »
Glad your on the mend, good to see you as well.

as  for Charlie one of the first songs i remember Charlies ' My boomerang wont come back' that and Lonnies' My Old Mans a Dustman', finally can i also echo the greetings for Vic and Maggie. As for FS he is still on Twitter now and then.

And what in heaven's name where the "gor blimey trousers" the Old Dustman used to wear?

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41557 on: August 28, 2017, 08:50:32 pm »
think we must have all dozed off , Wakey ,Wakey

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41558 on: August 28, 2017, 10:02:16 pm »
think we must have all dozed off , Wakey ,Wakey
It's the Billy Cotton Show!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/i-mgZm-E8wo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/i-mgZm-E8wo</a>
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 10:04:54 pm by jambutty »
Kill the humourless

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41559 on: August 28, 2017, 10:47:43 pm »
Give us the good old days again - so we can put right  the mistakes we made when we lived through 'em the first time ;D ;D ;D