Author Topic: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab  (Read 1923218 times)

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NUFC - Continue Operation Destroy & Exit!
« Reply #15520 on: August 1, 2020, 06:30:58 am »
Now that this deal has fallen, Mike will arrange a deal with North Korea ASAP.
I think a deal with Emperor Palpatine will be on the cards now

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #15521 on: August 1, 2020, 07:53:56 am »
as happy as I am to see this fall through, there are a couple of points Geordies are making that are real.

* Hypocrisy of our nation calling Saudi Arabia an ally & doing business with it

This isn't the case though is it. The FA and Premier League are not government bodies. The Premier League are having their property stolen by a foreign power. There is no role for our government to play in that dispute. If you think it is hypocritical of the FA to cold shoulder the Saudi regime because they are based in the UK and the UK government are friendly with Saudi Arabia then you must also think that the majority of us who opposed this takeover are also hypocrites because we live in the UK.

I realise what I have just typed is effectively reductio ad absurdum, but the point you agree with is pretty much the same argument put forward by City supporters when they say our owners are just as bad as their's because they come from America and America has an terrible human rights record.

« Last Edit: August 1, 2020, 08:09:43 am by jacobs chains »

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #15522 on: August 1, 2020, 08:11:56 am »
The petition

C*nts even have the brass neck to bring Khashoggis' Mrs into it,they never fucking used her,she put it out there and begged for them to be rejected.

They're close to becoming my most hated fanbase & anybody who puts their name to that load of shite deserves fuck all out of life.

The Royal family bit got me at first but one of the things the respective Royals have (and to be fair to ours they gave up hanging, drawing and quartering a few centuries ago) is a shared love of horses and horse racing.

Maybe the Saudi research into NUFC dug up reports of the infamous horse punching incident? ;D

And what's Covid got to do with it, hey?

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15523 on: August 1, 2020, 08:37:00 am »
True Geordie meltdown was joyous

Just a note that he was previously sponsored by the S*n. Not sure if it's still active, I'm guessing not, but I feel it's enough of a reason to ignore his videos.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15524 on: August 1, 2020, 08:53:07 am »
Are Attila the Hun and Ghengis Khan stick knocking around? Maybe they could step in? Shame Saddam Hussein and Osama got toppled, they could’ve bought clubs too. These fans clamouring for horrific regimes to buy their clubs are despicable. Surely the PL should’ve seen this coming when they let Abu Dhabi buy manc city?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #15525 on: August 1, 2020, 09:12:32 am »
You’ve got to respect how they’ve really doubled down on the cringe. Petitions, crying that the PL ‘don’t want to upset the big clubs apple cart’, threatening to give up football because they haven’t been allowed to be taken over by a sovereign state that still beheads people.

If Mike Ashley is the businessman he thinks he is he’ll start selling protest tshirts in Sports Direct with Saudi Arabia flags and murdered journalists on
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15526 on: August 1, 2020, 09:47:54 am »
The Saudis haven’t even had to buy the club to get the whole fanbase defending them.

Sportwashing you might say.  ;)

Throw the plebs some coin and they'll do/say anything for you.
« Last Edit: August 1, 2020, 09:49:53 am by Red-Soldier »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15527 on: August 1, 2020, 09:52:17 am »
You’ve got to respect how they’ve really doubled down on the cringe. Petitions, crying that the PL ‘don’t want to upset the big clubs apple cart’, threatening to give up football because they haven’t been allowed to be taken over by a sovereign state that still beheads people.

If Mike Ashley is the businessman he thinks he is he’ll start selling protest tshirts in Sports Direct with Saudi Arabia flags and murdered journalists on

I'm sure Catshit is writing his latest tome starting on how the Sky Six are strangling the smaller clubs and culminating in firmly placing the blame on LFC and Lawrence of Arabia (just to reinforce his credentials as an intellectual).

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15529 on: August 1, 2020, 10:51:59 am »
Sunderland are the biggest Club in the N.East.

Well I'm not sure that's the case, but their fans are certainly a lot more self deprecating than their Toon counterparts. The Mackams haven't had much to shout about recently, but I dipped into a couple of their fans forums yesterday and it's fair to say they're enjoying the moment  :)

Offline arfy05

• Legacy Fan
  • Conspiracy Theorist
    • The arfy blog
« Reply #15530 on: August 1, 2020, 10:57:43 am »
Amanda Staveley’s inability to close a takeover deal hardly puts her in good light if she wants to be heading up a “super club” and the bells and whistles that brings. Her 0-4 record is in line with Newcastle though.

I find it amazing, absolutely amazing how having some money thrown at your club and possibly winning trophies kills your moral compass and you accept all sorts of shite and actually become a defender of someone who presides over some of the worse things happening in the word. It is bizarre but also scary how powerful the sportswashing can go. Its apparent why they target smaller clubs or those bot at the very top as they’d definitely get less Blinded loyalty. Hopefully the PL stay resolute in this. The signs since PIF pulled out suggest Staveley and Ashley are keen for it to happen and keeping the charm offensive, etc

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15531 on: August 1, 2020, 11:14:29 am »
Well I'm not sure that's the case, but their fans are certainly a lot more self deprecating than their Toon counterparts. The Mackams haven't had much to shout about recently, but I dipped into a couple of their fans forums yesterday and it's fair to say they're enjoying the moment  :)

They have more titles. ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15532 on: August 1, 2020, 01:28:58 pm »
Amanda Staveley’s inability to close a takeover deal hardly puts her in good light if she wants to be heading up a “super club” and the bells and whistles that brings. Her 0-4 record is in line with Newcastle though.

She's basically Shelley Levene.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #15533 on: August 2, 2020, 04:26:15 am »
Can’t sleep tonight, but it’s paid off because I’ve learned that contrary to received wisdom, Newcastle do have a modern honour - outright winners of the Intertoto Cup in 2006.

for the first time in the modern history of the competition, n outright winner was highlighted from the 11 co-winners of the Cup, with that honour going to the final-round Intertoto winner that advanced farthest in the UEFA Cup ... Captain Scott Parker was presented with a certificate commemorating the triumph at St James Park before their tie with AZ.

• Newcastle United (Overall winners) (Round of 16, lost to AZ)
How could I have forgotten this.

Offline Paully

• Not the BlackAndWhitey one!
  • Kopite
« Reply #15534 on: August 2, 2020, 06:23:16 am »
Can’t sleep tonight, but it’s paid off because I’ve learned that contrary to received wisdom, Newcastle do have a modern honour - outright winners of the Intertoto Cup in 2006.
How could I have forgotten this.

We weren’t outright winners

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15535 on: August 2, 2020, 08:11:03 am »
We weren’t outright winners

They wouldn’t give a trophy like this to just any old winners.

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
« Reply #15536 on: August 2, 2020, 10:33:14 am »
I think a deal with Emperor Palpatine will be on the cards now

This really made me laugh ;D

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15537 on: August 2, 2020, 11:58:05 am »

They won a Suduko tournament?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #15538 on: August 2, 2020, 01:28:50 pm »

I bet on the other side it says 'Well done you. You're a WINNER.'

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15539 on: August 2, 2020, 02:32:28 pm »
Sportwashing you might say.  ;)

Throw the plebs some coin and they'll do/say anything for you.

Didn't even have to throw them some coin. Just had to wind their arm a few times.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15540 on: August 2, 2020, 02:38:47 pm »

I find it amazing, absolutely amazing how having some money thrown at your club and possibly winning trophies kills your moral compass and you accept all sorts of shite and actually become a defender of someone who presides over some of the worse things happening in the word. It is bizarre but also scary how powerful the sportswashing can go. Its apparent why they target smaller clubs or those bot at the very top as they’d definitely get less Blinded loyalty. Hopefully the PL stay resolute in this. The signs since PIF pulled out suggest Staveley and Ashley are keen for it to happen and keeping the charm offensive, etc

Selecting a club is almost an arr form. Cant be just any club. Needs supporters who are desperate enough that they wont ask questions - they're too busy just being grateful to be plucked from obscurity.

Dont be surprised if someone sniffs around Everton a bit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15541 on: August 2, 2020, 02:44:17 pm »
Dont be surprised if someone sniffs around Everton a bit.

Not a chance.

The cost just to cover the debt the club has to Moshilaaa is higher than the club is worth. That’s ignoring the rest of the debt they have and the tens of millions they are losing every year due to complete financial mismanagement. On top of that they need a complete new stadium & are in the shadow of a mammoth of a club.

The only reason City got bought is they were effectively gifted a brand new stadium which made up for being in United’s shadow.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #15542 on: August 2, 2020, 02:52:04 pm »
The Royal family bit got me at first but one of the things the respective Royals have (and to be fair to ours they gave up hanging, drawing and quartering a few centuries ago) is a shared love of horses and horse racing.

No they didn't, monarchs in England started losing power quite some time ago, you could historically trace the beginning of that process to the magna carta.
The current monarchs of the UK and Northern Ireland were invited by parliament to take their current role in the House of Hanover (act of settlement), later through marriage renamed Saxe-coburg-gotha, and finally the House of Windsor.

They never really had the power to brutalise people in the way Saudi Monarchs can.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15543 on: August 2, 2020, 03:33:05 pm »
Not a chance.

The cost just to cover the debt the club has to Moshilaaa is higher than the club is worth. That’s ignoring the rest of the debt they have and the tens of millions they are losing every year due to complete financial mismanagement. On top of that they need a complete new stadium & are in the shadow of a mammoth of a club.

The only reason City got bought is they were effectively gifted a brand new stadium which made up for being in United’s shadow.

Well I did say only a sniff. Probably the way we would if we went into a room and said, "did someone shit on the floor in here?" ;D

Everton fans are certainly desperate enough to excuse anything, and a new stadium would leave them in a state of permanent, indentured servitude. The debt is a killer though, maybe a minority stake would be on the cards at some point in the future - or buying the shrivelled husk after they've gone bust.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15544 on: August 2, 2020, 03:41:36 pm »
There was a premier league is corrupt hashtag trending earlier. Loads of Newcastle fans upset that they aren't owned by the Saudis.
It's amazing how many people there are with no apparent morals, but at the same time it's not amazing its tiringly predictable.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15545 on: August 2, 2020, 04:10:18 pm »
No they didn't, monarchs in England started losing power quite some time ago, you could historically trace the beginning of that process to the magna carta.
The current monarchs of the UK and Northern Ireland were invited by parliament to take their current role in the House of Hanover (act of settlement), later through marriage renamed Saxe-coburg-gotha, and finally the House of Windsor.

They never really had the power to brutalise people in the way Saudi Monarchs can.

Not sure I agree with that (and my response was a humorous dig, not a historical analysis of Royal power) and until the Stuart's were replaced by the Hanoverians the royal family generally believed in the Divine Right of Kings.

As to brutality Henry VIII authorised the boiling alive of a poisoner and had three Protestants burnt at the stake for heresy and, just to be balanced, had three Jesuits hung drawn and quartered for treason on the same day.

Mary continued the theme by regularly burning Protestants and Elizabeth, to a lesser extent, applied the same tactic to the opposition by burning Catholics, as well as beheading her cousin, Mary Queen of Scots.

Charles II was a patron of the Royal Africa Company - you can probably guess what commodity they traded in.

Actually the Hanoverians repression of the Scots after Culloden was pretty brutal as well so there may be more similarity between historic British monarchy and the Saudis than you think.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15546 on: August 2, 2020, 04:33:25 pm »

Is that Scotty Scott Parker.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #15547 on: August 2, 2020, 04:34:38 pm »
Is that Scotty Scott Parker.
That’s ‘Brave’ Scotty Parker to you.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15548 on: August 2, 2020, 04:36:45 pm »
Bet his ma has still got that stuck on the front of her fridge

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #15549 on: August 2, 2020, 06:48:18 pm »
They've done a change petition asking for an "independent investigation" into the decision. It's addressed to Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson so I'm sure he'll be getting right on that tomorrow...
http://chng.it/rTDVK64f
« Last Edit: August 2, 2020, 06:51:03 pm by koptommy93 »
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15550 on: August 2, 2020, 06:50:09 pm »
They've done a change petition asking for an "independent investigation" into the decision. It's addressed to Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson so I'm sure he'll be getting right on that tomorrow...
https://www.change.org/p/boris-johnson-an-independent-investigation-into-the-epl-takeover-process?utm_content=cl_sharecopy_23803882_en-GB%3A1&recruiter=1136787315&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

Bearing in mind how bid a customer the Saudis are for British arms I don't think we've heard the last of this yet, unfortunately.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #15551 on: August 2, 2020, 06:54:05 pm »
Bearing in mind how bid a customer the Saudis are for British arms I don't think we've heard the last of this yet, unfortunately.
The UK Government have no interest in getting involved in a proxy war between Qatar and Saudi which is what this is due to the BEIN piracy issue. They will do every thing they can to steer clear of it.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15552 on: August 2, 2020, 07:07:23 pm »

We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15553 on: August 2, 2020, 07:55:20 pm »
ffs have Newcastle fans no dignity

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15554 on: August 2, 2020, 08:00:54 pm »

What decision? The Saudis pulled out.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15555 on: August 2, 2020, 09:38:31 pm »
Just watching True Geordie now, and tbf he does point out that if the PL had just closed the door on the deal citing the TV piracy issue as a reason (and possibly human rights if that was a factor) he would have been okay with that.  It's the blatant stalling from the PL that seems to have pissed him off; and taking no action can be seen as an action in and of itself.

I suppose it's fair to want an explanation (which, presumably because the Saudis "walked away", the PL don't have to give one), but calls for an investigation is just silly.  As Peabee says, the Saudis walked away, so no "decision" was actually made.  And they're not going to get a reason for why the PL decided to stall, unless they fancy going to CAS.

Popcorn's Art

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15556 on: August 2, 2020, 10:02:57 pm »
Just like he was okay with being taken over by the murderous bastards.

Guy is a hypocrite.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #15557 on: August 2, 2020, 10:35:17 pm »

Guy is a hypocrite.
He compared Mike Ashley and Saudi Arabia on moral grounds. Absurd.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15558 on: August 2, 2020, 11:06:31 pm »

Guy is a hypocrite.

Oh yeah.  All the other shit he came out with is exactly that "Next time it might be you"; "I laughed at City but now I've missed out I understand completely where they're coming from".

The ambiguity of the situation does the PL no favours, but let's not pretend Newcastle fans are anything but bitter.

Popcorn's Art

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #15559 on: August 3, 2020, 08:19:48 am »
The PL have stopped a murderous, sports washing regime making the Premier League a toy. However that’s happened, it’s brilliant and fair play to the PL in it not happening.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.