Author Topic: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab  (Read 1922265 times)

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
Re: NUFC - Continue Operation Destroy & Exit!
« Reply #15480 on: July 31, 2020, 01:17:59 pm »
I'm looking forward to the Championship in season 2021-22 as that's where we're heading under the fat wanker owner and the inept cabbage-headed clown manager!

The PL have handled the whole process disgracefully - to have not made a decision after 17 weeks is beyond a joke.

Yeah, it's not like they were dealing with the fall out of an unprecedented global pandemic.

What the fuck have they been doing, sitting on their hands?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15481 on: July 31, 2020, 01:22:41 pm »
The thing that is weird is they  appear from all reports to be so obscenely rich that money shouldn't matter. So why the hell are they robbing content?

Because they can.

And they're not used to taking "no" or "you can't do that" or "that's illegal " or "stop murdering and/or dismembering people" for an answer.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15482 on: July 31, 2020, 01:27:31 pm »
They made the right decision though.

Making the right decision without making a decision you mean?

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15483 on: July 31, 2020, 01:29:22 pm »

They dragged it out to save face.  There's a lot of Saudi money swimming around the UK.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #15484 on: July 31, 2020, 01:29:36 pm »
that fact that there’s even a chance these scumbags can own clubs in the prem is the biggest disgrace here.

It should be a simple process - if your nation/state has a vile human rights record - process ends there and then.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #15485 on: July 31, 2020, 01:33:18 pm »
The thing that is weird is they  appear from all reports to be so obscenely rich that money shouldn't matter. So why the hell are they robbing content?
It’s not really about getting the content, it’s about undermining their enemies Qatar.  They’ve reached the view that BeIn Sports is an effective propaganda arm for Qatar and they’re trying to ruin it for them.

I have no idea why sportswashing is supposed to work but those involved obviously think it does.  If football’s going to get involved as a tool in those squabbles this is the sort of thing that’s going to happen clearly.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15486 on: July 31, 2020, 01:39:32 pm »
They dragged it out to save face.  There's a lot of Saudi money swimming around the UK.

Exactly. Basically did what my best mate's boyfriend did to her -  sent her a "I need a little time" note, then stopped returning her calls and hoped she'd take the hint.

Popcorn's Art

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #15487 on: July 31, 2020, 01:41:57 pm »

I have no idea why sportswashing is supposed to work but those involved obviously think it does.

#wewantsaudi is currently trending
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15488 on: July 31, 2020, 01:47:47 pm »
Yep, there are quotes of how they'd invest in housing too in the area if the takeover had gone through. If they felt that strongly about it they could actually go ahead with this investment without the facade of owning a PL club.

Yes, that was my thought too when I read those quotes too. I don't think owning NUFC is a requisite to investing in the Newcastle area.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15489 on: July 31, 2020, 01:48:44 pm »
#wewantsaudi is currently trending

The fact that we live in a world where what is 'trending' is seen as important by anyone at all, sums up just how fucking stupid 'society' has become.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #15490 on: July 31, 2020, 02:00:25 pm »
that fact that there’s even a chance these scumbags can own clubs in the prem is the biggest disgrace here.

It should be a simple process - if your nation/state has a vile human rights record - process ends there and then.

This is going to be an unpopular view....

I don`t think the PL can be the arbiter of such things, as vile as the Saudi's are.

This is however easily solved by having a rule that essentially the funding arm of countries cannot own a club. Having a country, any country, owning a football club is bizarre and unnecessary. For what it's worth I also think that the owners of clubs having interests in more than one football club at professional level is bizarre and should not be allowed.

The problem with modern football, and this really is the unspoken reality, is that with most clubs if you follow the money then somewhere along the line there will be things that people don`t agree with.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #15491 on: July 31, 2020, 02:18:31 pm »
This is going to be an unpopular view....

I don`t think the PL can be the arbiter of such things, as vile as the Saudi's are.
It’s a really interesting point of ... legal theory I suppose.  There’s basically two options at either end of a scale:

• everything is set out in black & white, intricate regulations; the problem is that human beings (ie Man City) immediately game that system and it becomes unenforceable against anyone with deep enough pockets or reserves of cunning; or

• you put it entirely at the PL’s unquestionable discretion and rely on political pressures to keep them in line; the problem is the politics might not be to your liking (or, in 2020, the politics are all over the place).

The middle option is the PL has discretion but within parameters, and then you get endless wrangling over whether they were entitled to reach whatever conclusion they did.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15492 on: July 31, 2020, 02:39:11 pm »
Their fans are an embarrassment:

Newcastle fans 'confused and heartbroken' by takeover collapse

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53601334

Now that I've read that Michelle George's comments in full context, yeah, I fully agree she's being a selfish plank.  Basically saying the Premier League isn't allowed to take into account human rights' violations of potential owners and that we should all look the other way.

It's a pure "gimme gimmie gimmie" attitude.  And yeah, it's easy for us Liverpool fans to pontificate, on top of the world as we are, but at least we can say we've been in Newcastle's position - arguably even worse.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15493 on: July 31, 2020, 02:46:29 pm »

I'm assuming you mean in the cases of those countries seeking to buy a particular club as otherwise you instantly open things up for the whataboutism of individual from a place that does shitty stuff so why should they be allowed to buy a club.

I'd actually skip the part about human rights records and simplify it further, if you are a state-owned entity (investment arm or whatever) then you don't get to buy a club.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #15494 on: July 31, 2020, 03:34:56 pm »
I'm assuming you mean in the cases of those countries seeking to buy a particular club as otherwise you instantly open things up for the whataboutism of individual from a place that does shitty stuff so why should they be allowed to buy a club.

I'd actually skip the part about human rights records and simplify it further, if you are a state-owned entity (investment arm or whatever) then you don't get to buy a club.

it’s a sporting team at the end of the day, it’s mind boggling to me the fact that people are ok with emirate states and (almost) the kingdom of Saudi Arabia being owners of clubs. Yes you can take it further and find shit on most owners, but you don’t have to look far when it comes to imprisoning (and worse) people for being gay, for murdering jouranlists, for torturing people, for being absolutely fine with slavery, for making women 3rd class citizens.

But hey, my views are simple, and based in the runnings of another league where it’s (almost) impossible to have scummy owners. I hate how the premier league has been going for a long time. And a big part of that is the acceptance of owners such as Abu Dhabi and Roman Abramovich.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15495 on: July 31, 2020, 03:59:01 pm »

Well, I’m assuming they have the Saudis a chance to save face by withdrawing rather than being rejected.

We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15496 on: July 31, 2020, 04:00:35 pm »

There should be a rule stating countries/states or heads of countries/states can’t own football clubs.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #15497 on: July 31, 2020, 04:01:31 pm »
There should be a rule stating countries/states or heads of countries/states can’t own football clubs.

Precisely
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #15498 on: July 31, 2020, 04:06:14 pm »

"Hello. This guy here will be the owner of the club.

He is not the head of state. I am. And as you can clearly see he's not a country."
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15499 on: July 31, 2020, 04:24:08 pm »
"Hello. This guy here will be the owner of the club.

He is not the head of state. I am. And as you can clearly see he's not a country."

And implement an arms-length rule so that companies an owner is associated with cannot sign deals with clubs.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15500 on: July 31, 2020, 04:33:25 pm »
Now that this deal has fallen, Mike will arrange a deal with North Korea ASAP.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15501 on: July 31, 2020, 04:36:17 pm »
Now that this deal has fallen, Mike will arrange a deal with North Korea ASAP.

He still wants the saudi deal apparently.  ;D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53611930

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15502 on: July 31, 2020, 04:48:57 pm »

Why is the circumvented by having a puppet owner a step or two away from the real power. That would actually probably help financial doping, as the real owner could then use state owned business to sponsor the club for however much they fancied. They'd get to pump in millions, with no direct connection between state owned business and the puppet owner.

I think the truth is that there is little you can actually do to stop any of this without some form of spending cap. Unfortunately that cap would have to be virtually worldwide or it would not work, and I don't see that happening.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15503 on: July 31, 2020, 05:30:16 pm »
He's abysmal. H&G might have been worse, probably were, but that doesn't stop him being awful. And in terms of their 'boo hoo' they've been complaining about him for years.

They may have complained but carried on filling his stadium and buying their Geordie jeans, geordie jumpers and barcode shirt from sports direct. Didn't he spend more than we did this year? As I said he is a prick but they are full of shite.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 07:48:57 pm by lobsterboy »

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15504 on: July 31, 2020, 06:01:03 pm »
Well, I’m assuming they have the Saudis a chance to save face by withdrawing rather than being rejected.

Based on what others have said on here it seemed more like a fear of how the Saudis might respond if they were rejected.  Either way I imagine their ruling class are the type of people who are easily insulted.

Popcorn's Art

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
NUFC - Continue Operation Destroy & Exit!
« Reply #15505 on: July 31, 2020, 06:07:23 pm »
Saw a SSN interview with someone who runs a Newcastle United Youtube Channel (apparently his opinion is worth something) whose considered take on the situation was "if you look at any billionaire you'll find bad stuff". I mean jesus christ that is embarrassing. A lot of Newcastle fans have come out of this looking awful.
No one is perfect. But Saudi government must be the one of the few who would fly their own Salamanca brothers to an embassy to chop a disagreeing journalist into multiple pieces.

If Newcastle fans still see such people as worthy owners, there is nothing in the world they won’t agree to.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 06:09:47 pm by RedForeverTT »

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15506 on: July 31, 2020, 06:47:10 pm »
Saw a SSN interview with someone who runs a Newcastle United Youtube Channel (apparently his opinion is worth something) whose considered take on the situation was "if you look at any billionaire you'll find bad stuff". I mean jesus christ that is embarrassing. A lot of Newcastle fans have come out of this looking awful.

If you look at lots of people you'll find bad stuff, but apparently being a billionaire makes it okay. ::)

Thank fuck Epstein didn't go in for owning football clubs, eh?

Popcorn's Art

Offline eddiedingle

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15507 on: August 1, 2020, 12:08:05 am »
True Geordie meltdown was joyous

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #15508 on: August 1, 2020, 12:11:50 am »
as happy as I am to see this fall through, there are a couple of points Geordies are making that are real.

* Hypocrisy of allowing Abu Dhabi & Qatar own teams

* Hypocrisy of our nation calling Saudi Arabia an ally & doing business with it

I hope Newcastle find new owners soon
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #15509 on: August 1, 2020, 12:14:24 am »
He still wants the saudi deal apparently.  ;D

Maybe he shouldn't have tried to backdoor haggle an extra 50 million out of the deal then.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15510 on: August 1, 2020, 12:33:07 am »

He did a video a year or so ago going on about how he would hate to be another City & praising how we've gone about our business,total fucking hypocrite.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #15511 on: August 1, 2020, 12:36:12 am »
Reading through some of their forums, it sounds as if they absolutely believe that they have some sort of God-given right to get back "to the top." Just because they have a large stadium that they're able to fill to capacity - being the only team from their city sort of helps - doesn't mean that they belong anywhere near the top. They've won fuck all for the last 50-60 odd years and deserve to be near the top as much as a Burnley or a Crystal Palace do.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15512 on: August 1, 2020, 12:36:48 am »
Just seen that the total fucking nomark dickheads have started a petition.

Murder is ok but not letting a murderous bastard buy their Club is petition worthy.

I so hope Ashley asset strips the c*nts,pockets the 3yr of relegation payments and then sells them to Jordan (the tits not the goat).

Wankers.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15513 on: August 1, 2020, 12:39:21 am »
Reading through some of their forums, it sounds as if they absolutely believe that they have some sort of God-given right to get back "to the top." Just because they have a large stadium that they're able to fill to capacity - being the only team from their city sort of helps - doesn't mean that they belong anywhere near the top. They've won fuck all for the last 50-60 odd years and deserve to be near the top as much as a Burnley or a Crystal Palace do.

Sunderland are the biggest Club in the N.East.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15514 on: August 1, 2020, 12:44:50 am »
The petition

After recent events leading to the unsuccessful takeover attempt of Newcastle United, this petition aims to engage the United Kingdom (UK) government in establishing an independent investigation into the English Premier League (EPL) takeover process and Richard Masters who was fundamental in orchestrating the deal.

The takeover negotiations came to a halt on 30th July 2020 after the Saudi backed consortium withdrew their interest with one of the key reasons being the "Prolonged Process". This announcement was released after 4 months without a decision.

Despite the takeover being a confidential process, much of it was played out in the public domain and by the end of the Newcastle United takeover saga, it was apparent that the dispute was only with the Saudi backing due to their apparent human rights and piracy abuses.

However, many of the concerns were initially raised by outside influences who would directly benefit from this particular takeover attempt failing or who already have personal issues with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA). Those groups proceeded to mount a personal attack on Saudi backing by raising piracy and human rights concerns before using the partner of reporter Jamal Khashoggi who has no connection to English football in their efforts.

Mohammed Bin Salman who is the crown prince of Saudi Arabia is an ally of the UK government and Royal Family has been integral in supporting the UK with the outbreak of Covid-19 along with reforming the KSA policies on human rights.

As a result of the EPL's negligence and Qatar influences around the Newcastle takeover, the city of Newcastle has been deprived of some well-needed investment into the local football club as well as the city as a whole. 

C*nts even have the brass neck to bring Khashoggis' Mrs into it,they never fucking used her,she put it out there and begged for them to be rejected.

They're close to becoming my most hated fanbase & anybody who puts their name to that load of shite deserves fuck all out of life.

Online Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15515 on: August 1, 2020, 01:52:57 am »
Just seen that the total fucking nomark dickheads have started a petition.

Murder is ok but not letting a murderous bastard buy their Club is petition worthy.

I so hope Ashley asset strips the c*nts,pockets the 3yr of relegation payments and then sells them to Jordan (the tits not the goat).

Wankers.

The Saudis haven’t even had to buy the club to get the whole fanbase defending them.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #15516 on: August 1, 2020, 01:57:51 am »
Where?
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15517 on: August 1, 2020, 02:28:36 am »
They say you should never punch a gift horse in the mouth
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #15518 on: August 1, 2020, 03:36:38 am »
IMHO

The big 17 week delay, probably had fuck all to do with Human Rights. I doubt the Premier League gave it much of a second thought. But Newcastle supporters are a bit dim to think that was the reason.

It all boiled down to the piracy issue and the PL, the 20 clubs ( including Newcastle), who all lost potential income from the spat between the Saudi's and Qatari's.

I suspect the PL was negotiating, or trying to, a deal for the Saudi's to stop their boycott and pirating of BeIn Sport. The Saudi's rejected that.

As the PL were insistent, the Saudi's pulled the plug and walked out. Just as DIC did to Moores when they threw a strop trying to buy Liverpool.

Edit..Newcastle supporters aren't the only ones a bit dim about Human Rights being the issue with owning a PL Club.

The Fit and Proper clause is all about having the finances to buy the club, take care of debts, and have some money left over to invest. Has, imho, fuck all to do with Human rights or any thing like that. As much as we all would like to think it does. The PL allowed Thaksin Shinawatra in. And his record for Human Rights wasn't sterling.
« Last Edit: August 1, 2020, 03:44:41 am by 4pool »
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #15519 on: August 1, 2020, 03:54:51 am »
Based on what others have said on here it seemed more like a fear of how the Saudis might respond if they were rejected.  Either way I imagine their ruling class are the type of people who are easily insulted.
I was thinking the same thing the other day. The PL clearly didn't want them but didn't have the gall to tell Bin Salman "No. With your track record there's no way we can let you buy a club." Let's not forget the Saudis have a history of funding terrorism too. Football has no business getting into bed with them, but I fear we haven't heard the end of this.