Author Topic: S**thouse Marketing Ltd  (Read 2863 times)

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
S**thouse Marketing Ltd
« on: August 28, 2010, 07:52:07 pm »
Anyone ever had the misfortune of having a work trial with a marketing firm? The keyword here is COBRA. The Cobra Group, which consists of shitty little marketing firms.

I'll explain what happened later but just wanted to ask if anyone's been a victim of these scum? I'm not from Liverpool but there's a company called JMS Marketing. I'd advise anyone and everyone on this earth to stay well clear of them!

Offline Terry_Tibbs

• Legacy Fan
Re: S**thouse Marketing Ltd
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 08:06:55 pm »
Not being funny but did you check them out before working for them? Google throws up some interesting feedback such as: http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=19558 and cobra & JMS: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=43203771818

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 08:07:59 pm »
The when you type jms marketing into Google, the first suggestion is scam. Never a good sign.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 08:41:16 pm »
Anyone ever had the misfortune of having a work trial with a marketing firm? The keyword here is COBRA. The Cobra Group, which consists of shitty little marketing firms.

I'll explain what happened later but just wanted to ask if anyone's been a victim of these scum? I'm not from Liverpool but there's a company called JMS Marketing. I'd advise anyone and everyone on this earth to stay well clear of them!

Stop teasing and spit it out.  What happened?

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 09:11:01 pm »
DIdn't check em out, didn't know any better!

Stop teasing and spit it out.  What happened?

Got an interview and they completely bulshitted everything. "We were very impressed by your CV, you'll be promoting our products to clients and practising marketing techniques" Is it fuck, more like you'll be knocking on doors all day to get old vulnerable people to sign up to some charity! And 100% of their money wasn't even going to the charity.

Only worked for 3 days, as I came to my senses that they're just running me around like a headless prick. Actually no, even headless pricks have better things to do than run around in the freezing cold, knocking on doors on some shitty estate council in Northern England.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 09:15:57 pm »
loads of these sorts of companies - think someone else has had an experience with them but pulled out before an interview stage and they realised what they were like.

Is it fuck, more like you'll be knocking on doors all day to get old vulnerable people to sign up to some charity! And 100% of their money wasn't even going to the charity.

yup, and you get about 10p for each 'sale'. absolute c*nts these lot, need outlawing really

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 10:27:12 pm »
Got an interview and they completely bulshitted everything. "We were very impressed by your CV, you'll be promoting our products to clients and practising marketing techniques" Is it fuck, more like you'll be knocking on doors all day to get old vulnerable people to sign up to some charity! And 100% of their money wasn't even going to the charity.

Only worked for 3 days, as I came to my senses that they're just running me around like a headless prick. Actually no, even headless pricks have better things to do than run around in the freezing cold, knocking on doors on some shitty estate council in Northern England.

Yeah, I went for a job at some random 'marketing' firm after Uni and the same happened to me. In the interview I asked about three times what I would actually be doing and they managed to evade the question each time, it seemed well dodgy. Didn't bother turning up the next day.
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."