Author Topic: Account Deletion  (Read 2637 times)

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
Re: Account Deletion
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2024, 04:30:29 pm »
Can someone do me a favour and PM me with the names of the people who are supposedly ruining all of your experience of the boards?

Literally isn't enough hours in the day for me to read all the bullshit that is posted on here and if we don't see it, we can't do anything. It's said constantly but there's no reports, so what do you want us to do?

No one gets paid to mod here so I totally get this, but reporting is often difficult as it's not immediately clear what or even if a rule has actually been broken.  For example, I find the quality of debate on here to be very weird.  Particularly in the Nunez thread at the minute for example, there's two camps of people and both are talking to each other with condescension and a pretty bad attitude.  I'm not sure that breaks rules, but it perhaps should.

The trouble is, no one's outright calling someone a c*nt or whatever so is this actually reportable?
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Online Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2024, 10:09:31 pm »
Just seen this thread and will echo others' calls for RB to just take a break from posting, he's a valuable contributor to the board and it would be a shame to see him go.

I was getting riled up a while back and just stopped posting, but kept reading the same threads I would always read - it was strangely empowering/liberating to know that I wasn't going to comment, I could just read the stuff that would usually wind me up and just shrug it off with a chuckle.  I could simply read a dumb post and laugh it off.

You're never going to change people's minds when they are dug in, you're never going to get the decisive 'win' that you want in an argument. And you can never beat the trolls because they just love it, they're here for the conflict, not a reasoned exchange of ideas.

Speaking of the trolls though - lots of references to the bad actors and pile-on merchants in this thread - I always wonder who are we talking about? I know who I'm talking about, but I don't think there's any consensus on who the bad guys are  ;D There's all these little cliques, one man's troll is another man's freedom fighter and all that.

I do so wish we had a like/dislike button for posts though. Many times I'll see a good poster having a back and forth with some idiot, and you don't want to wade in because that will just escalate and prolong the conflict, and probably get the thread locked. But you do want to reassure the good guy that they are right, that you agree with them, because you know how maddening it can be to be in their position.

Online Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2024, 10:10:42 pm »
And this is exactly why I departed.

I left about 2 years ago & have only posted 2 or 3 times since. Lurk off and on. And when I lurk I still see the same disrupters ruining thread after thread, and great people like Red Beret having the same frustrations I had. It's a shame.

And so I say, with much love and respect for the mods who do such tireless work here, is the "free speech" of a handful of unrelenting, arrogant idealogues worth losing more and more good posters? Or would this forum be a happier place without those -- thanks Samie -- "absolute weapons?"

Much love Red Beret...

^ One of my all-time faves right here, glad you're well Soxfan

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2024, 08:28:16 am »
No one gets paid to mod here so I totally get this, but reporting is often difficult as it's not immediately clear what or even if a rule has actually been broken.  For example, I find the quality of debate on here to be very weird.  Particularly in the Nunez thread at the minute for example, there's two camps of people and both are talking to each other with condescension and a pretty bad attitude.  I'm not sure that breaks rules, but it perhaps should.

The trouble is, no one's outright calling someone a c*nt or whatever so is this actually reportable?

We have banned a fair few for what we consider to be 'too much work' for the mods or a member not being a good fit, so yes. You don't have to flagrantly break rules, we will look at context, but we need to see a pattern. Assessing attitude in a post is obviously subjective because it's text and language barriers can be a factor, but if there's consistent condescension and being snide or generally cunty, they will be dealt with.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2024, 11:29:25 am »
Sorry to hear this RB. I actually agree with most of the things you post and enjoy your input in the political threads. I *think* I’ve scaled back my posting here, so somewhere else is bearing the brunt. to be honest, the actual football threads have become beyond tedious for me.

No doubt we all want to do things to alter our behaviours and it impresses me when people carry through with it (shout out to Hassinator who has given up the booze for a year now) as my will is often weak.

You do what’s best for you, mate. Good luck!
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2024, 12:23:12 pm »

I do so wish we had a like/dislike button for posts though. Many times I'll see a good poster having a back and forth with some idiot, and you don't want to wade in because that will just escalate and prolong the conflict, and probably get the thread locked. But you do want to reassure the good guy that they are right, that you agree with them, because you know how maddening it can be to be in their position.

I have that system on another forum I post on and I hate it. Rather than encourage good debate people just seem to upvote their mates. All it has done is encourage "funny" (they're not) posters to post bad jokes and wait for the votes to flood in.

Nick would love it though...

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2024, 12:24:02 pm »
I have that system on another forum I post on and I hate it. Rather than encourage good debate people just seem to upvote their mates. All it has done is encourage "funny" (they're not) posters to post bad jokes and wait for the votes to flood in.

Nick would love it though...
He would need mates for that...

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2024, 12:56:40 pm »
We have banned a fair few for what we consider to be 'too much work' for the mods or a member not being a good fit, so yes. You don't have to flagrantly break rules, we will look at context, but we need to see a pattern. Assessing attitude in a post is obviously subjective because it's text and language barriers can be a factor, but if there's consistent condescension and being snide or generally cunty, they will be dealt with.
’Generally cunty’ ;D

Nice. Haha

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2024, 02:30:18 pm »
He would need mates for that...

It's this kind of collegial, targeted humour that I find most enjoyable still about the boards...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2024, 04:03:47 pm »
It's this kind of collegial, targeted humour that I find most enjoyable still about the boards...

I call it bullying.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2024, 08:27:41 am »
I think a lot of people feel similarly with the main board. I would say there is a massive issue not just limited to this forum of being being totally incapable of accepting when people have different opinions. There's people even in this thread complaining about the standard of posting who at the same time just drop into threads accusing people, who are making reasoned points in a polite way, of supporting other teams because they say things they disagree with. There's a whole thread in the boozer of people who've decided they are rawk's gatekeepers just slagging posters off constantly.

Like Spanish Al I started posting here when I was 13 and am now 31 (!) and I loved reading differing views in those early days where people really took time to debate. Now it feels like people are more intent on forming little cliques and racking up as many posts as quickly as possible. I'm not perfect and have crossed the line a few times here but I'm not surprised so many posters who put a lot of effort into posts have moved on, whether you agreed or disagreed with them, when you get totally drowned out or, as I've had thrown at me and seen thrown at others of late, mocked for bothering to write anything over a few lines long.

RB, it would be a shame for the place to lose an established poster and like Nick I've read some of your posts and not felt in a position to offer any words of wisdom. This place can offer a lot of comfort at times, hence how I've ended up spending over half my bloody life here  :o don't let people get you down, perhaps just stick to the off topic boards to avoid some of the toxicity we sometimes see in the Liverpool section. Unless of course we turn it around, win the league and we all become best mates again...until the transfer window opens, obviously.

Cracking post this.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2024, 11:44:25 am »
I think a lot of people feel similarly with the main board. I would say there is a massive issue not just limited to this forum of being being totally incapable of accepting when people have different opinions. There's people even in this thread complaining about the standard of posting who at the same time just drop into threads accusing people, who are making reasoned points in a polite way, of supporting other teams because they say things they disagree with. There's a whole thread in the boozer of people who've decided they are rawk's gatekeepers just slagging posters off constantly.

Like Spanish Al I started posting here when I was 13 and am now 31 (!) and I loved reading differing views in those early days where people really took time to debate. Now it feels like people are more intent on forming little cliques and racking up as many posts as quickly as possible. I'm not perfect and have crossed the line a few times here but I'm not surprised so many posters who put a lot of effort into posts have moved on, whether you agreed or disagreed with them, when you get totally drowned out or, as I've had thrown at me and seen thrown at others of late, mocked for bothering to write anything over a few lines long.

RB, it would be a shame for the place to lose an established poster and like Nick I've read some of your posts and not felt in a position to offer any words of wisdom. This place can offer a lot of comfort at times, hence how I've ended up spending over half my bloody life here  :o don't let people get you down, perhaps just stick to the off topic boards to avoid some of the toxicity we sometimes see in the Liverpool section. Unless of course we turn it around, win the league and we all become best mates again...until the transfer window opens, obviously.

I've spent a fair bit of time in that particular thread. It's largely come about out of sheer frustration that the main discussion forum has largely become a no-go area. Even when we're winning, it feels somebody always has something to gripe about; and when form drops, the meltdown begins.

LuverlyRita sums it up - when we lose, avoid the football discussion. On a football forum. But it's not really about the football anymore. As you say, it's the cliques. Just people shouting at each other, shouting each other down. People can't even agree to disagree anymore. Someone HAS to be right and someone else HAS to be wrong, and they need to admit that they're wrong. It's all egos. Even discussions that should command broad agreement - like the state of officiating - descend into mockery and snide.

I've been staying logged out as much as possible. People just can't wait to say something miserable, and I'm just not up for that anymore. The few times I've posted in the last couple of weeks I've barely even read what has been going on. I've just quickly logged in to say my piece, then jumped back out again. It's just not worth the hassle to stick around. :(
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2024, 01:06:37 pm »
I've spent a fair bit of time in that particular thread. It's largely come about out of sheer frustration that the main discussion forum has largely become a no-go area. Even when we're winning, it feels somebody always has something to gripe about; and when form drops, the meltdown begins.

LuverlyRita sums it up - when we lose, avoid the football discussion. On a football forum. But it's not really about the football anymore. As you say, it's the cliques. Just people shouting at each other, shouting each other down. People can't even agree to disagree anymore. Someone HAS to be right and someone else HAS to be wrong, and they need to admit that they're wrong. It's all egos. Even discussions that should command broad agreement - like the state of officiating - descend into mockery and snide.

I've been staying logged out as much as possible. People just can't wait to say something miserable, and I'm just not up for that anymore. The few times I've posted in the last couple of weeks I've barely even read what has been going on. I've just quickly logged in to say my piece, then jumped back out again. It's just not worth the hassle to stick around. :(

This is true. However, it's something I've never experienced before...

On a serious note, I may be guilty of it (like anyone) but I am exhausted by some of the debate we read. As the starter of the corruption thread, I feel like I have unleashed a beast...an untameable beast. It has, ironically, turned into the very things I was railing against in the OP. Also, the vigour and effort some put into negativity is remarkable. The post-match space is now often ludicrous in its tone. Win, lose or draw, we're getting pelters thrown at players or the manager. Negativity seems to be the new currency. Half time threads are hysterical fever dreams of lads losing their minds for 15 minutes. That doesn't mean I am 100% correct on the many issues I post about, but I think it shows how out of touch I am on certain aspects and the wider fan sentiment.

Online Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2024, 01:21:32 pm »
Many moons ago, I made a comment that I thought Nabil El Zhar was a big hit for himself as he had his initials sewn into his boots. I got jumped upon by loads of folk. That was the last time I made any negative comment about any of our players, I think. Lesson learned.

I come on here to get away from the grind, I don't need the hassle. Just shake my head when I read some of the nonsense and move on without getting involved.

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2024, 03:18:15 pm »
...people shouting at each other, shouting each other down. People can't even agree to disagree anymore. Someone HAS to be right and someone else HAS to be wrong, and they need to admit that they're wrong.
Don't you think that mirrors the state of debate generally in the 21st century? It's dominated by those who have positions on the extremes. Everything is black and white and there are no shades of grey.

I've been staying logged out as much as possible. People just can't wait to say something miserable,
Just to counter that trend.....as an avid reader, I love having a nose at other people's bookshelves, While the photo of your broken piggy bank did indeed reflect well on the state of LFC at that moment, I complement you on a delightfully eclectic book selection  ;D

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2024, 04:41:03 pm »
I complement you on a delightfully eclectic book selection  ;D

I noticed that myself.

Well Red Beret

It reminded me of Covid
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2024, 05:15:51 pm »
Many moons ago, I made a comment that I thought Nabil El Zhar was a big hit for himself as he had his initials sewn into his boots. I got jumped upon by loads of folk. That was the last time I made any negative comment about any of our players, I think. Lesson learned.

I come on here to get away from the grind, I don't need the hassle. Just shake my head when I read some of the nonsense and move on without getting involved.

The mad thing is, you could do it now and fit right in.  The Nunez thread was constantly at the top yesterday in a game he played 20 minutes in that we won 3-1. 
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2024, 05:42:43 pm »

;D

To be fair that is a disgraceful way to talk about a club legend.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2024, 06:32:00 pm »

Just to counter that trend.....as an avid reader, I love having a nose at other people's bookshelves, While the photo of your broken piggy bank did indeed reflect well on the state of LFC at that moment, I complement you on a delightfully eclectic book selection  ;D

I noticed that myself.

Well Red Beret

It reminded me of Covid

Sorry to disappoint you but I can't remember the the last time I even looked at one of those books. I find reading difficult these days, beyond self help books. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #59 on: Yesterday at 01:25:08 am »
Hi Red Beret,

I don't tend to look through this part of the forum much, so I've only just spotted your thread. Personally, I hope you stick around. Since I started posting on RAWK I've always looked out for your posts. You're a good poster and well regarded.

I used to post on mental health forums and I don't see much difference between those and this place. There were always people talking about cliques on them. Always people saying how much better the site was in the old days. There were always certain people at loggerheads. Certain posters dominating conversation on certain topics. Some complaining that other posters were too negative. Others complaining that others were unrealistically positive. There would be the odd out and out troll.

I suppose all we can do is be ourselves. Maybe be the change we want to see. We can't please everyone, and everyone can't please us either. If you still get something from at least parts of the site, then maybe stick around. If you get nothing from being here anymore, though, then fair do's. You have to do what's best for you.

Anyway, from my purely selfish perspective, I hope you carry on posting. Whatever you decide, take care of yourself, and all the best.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.