Author Topic: Hayfever  (Read 41200 times)

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
Re: Hayfever
« Reply #200 on: June 25, 2015, 04:08:12 pm »
waking up almost everyday around 4.30-5am with my own sneezing and running nose....I cant wait for winter!   :'(
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #201 on: June 25, 2015, 04:21:30 pm »
Struggling today. Anyone tried those hayfever injections?
10 years ago. Worked a treat. Every single year since then I have forgotten to get one.

Offline TheFlyingScouseman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice day
« Reply #202 on: June 25, 2015, 08:46:15 pm »
Vaseline up the nose works a treat. Or just shut all the windows and melt.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: June 25, 2015, 08:48:19 pm »
10 years ago. Worked a treat. Every single year since then I have forgotten to get one.
Saw an advert for it from London clinic for about 70 quid and states it lasts for 6 weeks

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: June 25, 2015, 09:17:00 pm »
Saw an advert for it from London clinic for about 70 quid and states it lasts for 6 weeks

There are 2 that I can recall. Kenalog and another that they don't like to use anymore due to side effects called Grazax. I've tried neither but do your research folks

Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Online archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #205 on: June 25, 2015, 09:46:02 pm »
Brutal this year.

As bad as I've had it for a long time.

Offline theredguy03

• Put balls in his mouth and nearly choked
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho- Used to be Man City's tormentor
« Reply #206 on: June 25, 2015, 11:22:20 pm »
Thank you summer for giving me hayfever  :wanker

Apparently opening your windows is worse, but even taking a tablet how the hell am I meant to keep cool during the heat? I have to wait till September until things improve.

Rant over!
My favourite all time LFC player? Tough choice.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: June 25, 2015, 11:28:29 pm »
There are 2 that I can recall. Kenalog and another that they don't like to use anymore due to side effects called Grazax. I've tried neither but do your research folks
Going my gp first before doing anything

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: June 26, 2015, 08:52:51 am »
Awful this year. Last couple of weeks have been as bad as it has been for me.

That feeling of being bunged up, yet nose still running like a tap. Eyes itchy and sneezing every 5 minutes. Horrible.

Normally the one a day Loratadine seem to be OK for me. But lately I am having 3 or 4 of them every 24 hours. I am setting my alarm for 4:30am, waking up and taking a tablet. If I don;t do this by the time I have got to work I am done for the day. No matter how many times I wash my hands and face I can't shrugg off that bunged up feeling!

Tried other pills but they just knock me out worse than sleeping tablets!

Today seems to be a bit better. Think perhaps because its rained and a lot of the pollen has settled. Just guessing!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 08:55:09 am by CheshireDave »
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #209 on: June 26, 2015, 09:25:05 am »
Wasn't too bad until this morning.  I've chucked about 4 tablets down and it's only just taking the edge off. 

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #210 on: June 26, 2015, 11:44:50 am »
Brutal this year.

As bad as I've had it for a long time.

Agree.

I have a heavy cold with hayfever symptoms on top.

Feel magic.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: June 26, 2015, 12:37:55 pm »
Agreed, This year us the worst I can remember. I'm dosed up to the eyeballs (excuse the pun) and still suffering. Usually one tablet in the morning and I'm set for the day. Not this summer.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #212 on: June 26, 2015, 09:31:46 pm »
Do people wheeze when they get hayfever?

I've suffered badly over the years with hayfever but I've never wheezed or coughed excessively until the past couple of months - I've had to resort to using my other half's inhalers.

Is that part of hayfever or something else? :/

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: June 26, 2015, 09:41:33 pm »

I've suffered badly over the years with hayfever but I've never wheezed or coughed excessively until the past couple of months - I've had to resort to using my other half's inhalers.

You may have a touch of asthma C, its not uncommon.
Do you smoke?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #214 on: June 26, 2015, 09:44:54 pm »

Yeah that's what I get when it's particularly bad, have an inhaler for it which really helps and stops it pretty quickly.

Edit - just seen John's post, I'm not a smoker (never have been) but get it.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #215 on: June 26, 2015, 09:58:50 pm »
No, I've never smoked and I don't be around anyone who smokes - so I assume it must be hayfever :/

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: June 26, 2015, 10:28:27 pm »
Like me, you're probably subjected to a parentally inherited respirational and allergic condition.

I had a touch of asthma when I was about 14, but even though I grew out of it I still wheeze like fuck every day after a run. It doesn't really affect me now but I think some people, perhaps like you can develop it as you get older.

If it makes you feel better, Chopper used to take my inhaler off me at school, that's unlikely to happen to you at work if you find the need to use one :)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #217 on: June 26, 2015, 11:30:17 pm »

If it makes you feel better, Chopper used to take my inhaler off me at school, that's unlikely to happen to you at work if you find the need to use one :)

He thought it was a kazoo the dopey twat.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #218 on: June 27, 2015, 10:29:06 am »
It's been bad for the last couple of weeks but today's levels are officially 'Horrific'.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: June 27, 2015, 10:47:37 am »
Lady Glencoe suffered with it horrendously.

Where we used to live we didn't have a garden as such, it was all hard landscaping. We move to Scotland, live in the middle of a forest, and have a huge garden, I can use the ride on mower sending grass cuttings flying and she can be sat outside no problem. It's the most bizarre thing.

We bought a packet of tablets when we moved up and I think she's had 3 out of the packet.

Feel for those that suffer with it, must be shite, Rachel was horrible with it. No idea why it seems to have ceased when in all honesty it was a genuine 'con' that went on the list we made before moving ?
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #220 on: June 27, 2015, 11:14:04 am »
It's that Scottish pollen, weaker than the English pollen.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: June 27, 2015, 11:19:37 am »
It's that Scottish pollen, weaker than the English pollen.

Haha, possibly.

Very strange though isn't it ?

I was watching a program a while back that was saying it's generally a certain type of pollen that affects a person, from either grass, trees, certain flowers etc. We cover pretty much everything where we are, and yet it's gone ?

It's the fresh air Craig, breathe it in.
 :D
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #222 on: June 27, 2015, 11:23:56 am »
It is bizarre, but now I think about it when I was a bit younger I used to look forward to going abroad during the summer as knew my hayfever would stop - even though the places I went to clearly had flowers/grass/trees and the air would of been full of pollen still, but I never got it at all.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: June 27, 2015, 11:46:21 am »
Must be atmosphere dependant, when I used to go abroad I'd be happy enough even if the temperature hit the 90's, never felt uncomfortable at all.
If it gets up into the high 70's in the UK I sweat like a fat kid in a cake shop.

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #224 on: June 27, 2015, 12:16:12 pm »
I remember reading a while back that pollution has a lot to do with it, triggers it for some reason.
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Online archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #225 on: June 27, 2015, 02:46:58 pm »
Another night of waking up every 20mins. Nose completely blocked, mouth like a desert. Awful.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #226 on: June 27, 2015, 03:03:55 pm »
Another night of waking up every 20mins. Nose completely blocked, mouth like a desert. Awful.

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=253795688

^^ that stuff is amazing. Clears it up in about 3 minutes then keeps it clear for hours.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #227 on: August 7, 2015, 09:11:54 am »
I used to suffer badly as a kid and through my teens, and had the steroid injections when I was a student. I've not had much of a problem with it for years, but this summer, and the last 3/4 weeks in particular have been as bad as I can remember, eyes irritated, headaches, and nose running like a tap. Disgusting, and the tablets are pretty useless. Going to try and find that Tesco spray.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #228 on: August 7, 2015, 10:19:08 am »
I think we touched on it in the Recent purchases thread, but you said about the spray and I couldn't think why it was triggering something in my head. I've worked it out now - that Tesco nasal spray contains Oxymetazoline - which is basically the same as a bottle of Otrivin. I told my doctor - and have since had this backed up by a consultant - that use of Oxymetazoline over prolonged periods is terrible for your sinuses as it constricts the blood vessels of your nose and constant use means that your body comes to rely on it and you'll have to carry on using it.

Yeah I've noticed this in the past with a lot of the nose sprays. I only use this at night when I tend to be worse with regards to my nose getting blocked, and have no issues during the day when not using it.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: July 18, 2016, 11:19:20 am »
How has it been for sufferers this year? Part from red eye on occasions it's been better than previous years.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #230 on: July 18, 2016, 11:21:25 am »
Haven't had it too bad this year, even with a walk through a park to get to the office.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #231 on: July 18, 2016, 11:27:58 am »
Haven't had it too bad this year, even with a walk through a park to get to the office.

Was just saying that the other day to someone. I've had the odd really bad day, but a lot of other days I've hardly had it at all - which has been extremely rare for me over the last 25+ years!

Worst I've had it is if I've mixed being outside when it's a decent day with exercise (Claire, shhh), as it goes on my chest then so need an inhaler.

Online .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: July 18, 2016, 12:41:47 pm »
Worst I've had it is if I've mixed being outside when it's a decent day with exercise (Claire, shhh), as it goes on my chest then so need an inhaler.

Dogging does that to you, mate.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #233 on: July 18, 2016, 01:35:56 pm »
Dogging does that to you, mate.

I always make sure I take a poof or two (ooo er) of the inhaler before dogging mate. Standard practice!

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: July 19, 2016, 12:32:34 pm »
How has it been for sufferers this year? Part from red eye on occasions it's been better than previous years.

It has not been as bad as previous recent years. Though I am taking 20mg of loratadine a day.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: July 19, 2016, 01:05:18 pm »
It has not been as bad as previous recent years. Though I am taking 20mg of loratadine a day.
Been doing okay as well apart from the occasional blood shot eye. Even been outside for longer than before under these circumstances.

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
« Reply #236 on: July 21, 2016, 01:52:58 am »
honey. 
dios esta buena

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: June 14, 2018, 10:04:03 am »
Horrendous today. I am sure this windy weather isn't gonna help either!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #238 on: June 14, 2018, 10:08:03 am »
Been really bad for the last week or two. Not helped that it's so warm so having to have the windows open.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #239 on: June 14, 2018, 10:13:57 am »
Mine has been really bad the last couple of days.  Worst I can remember for years.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer