Author Topic: Unemployed Rawkites  (Read 251650 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Unemployed Rawkites
« Reply #120 on: April 2, 2009, 02:43:52 pm »
Just had a knockback from the interview I had on Tuesday. Got decent feedback but they said I didn't have enough experience blah blah blah...feel really gutted actually as thought I'd done ok. The woman from the recruitment agency tried to dress it up saying that their feedback was really good but at the end of the day they still said 'no' and no amount of dressing it up will change that. Properly fucked off now and lost all motivation!

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #121 on: April 2, 2009, 03:53:05 pm »
Just had a knockback from the interview I had on Tuesday. Got decent feedback but they said I didn't have enough experience blah blah blah...feel really gutted actually as thought I'd done ok. The woman from the recruitment agency tried to dress it up saying that their feedback was really good but at the end of the day they still said 'no' and no amount of dressing it up will change that. Properly fucked off now and lost all motivation!

Thats a bummer mate , Stay positive man , you did good just getting an interview , small details Id say mate,
Chin up  ;)
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Alleh

• Anny Roader
« Reply #122 on: April 2, 2009, 08:52:32 pm »
I was layed off in early december, so i have been on the dole now for about 4 months and I am bored out of my fucking mind, I dont have many qualifications sadly and have been bouncing around shit labour Jobs and had a job as a fork life driver since I left school 6 years ago. Applied for loads of jobs havn't had any success yet, but the twat at the job center isnt helping one bit all she says is "how is your job search going" and "sign here" and im in and out in 5 mins, waste of fucking space. Only good thing to come out of this for me is I have decided am now going to work my bollocks of getting some qualifications over the next few years, start again more or less. Sick of these shite low paid jobs.

Offline Mike_LFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #123 on: April 2, 2009, 09:03:49 pm »
I remember when I had to sign on after graduating in the late 90's. JobCentre treats you like shit. I remember one time that my money had not gone into my bank. They asked me to phone this number, so i went to the booth and after waiting for about 5 minutes I went back to the woman on reception. I told her that the phone was just ringing out and her relply was "It's a phone it does that" my reply was "are you taking the piss", suprised i was not chucked out. If in the future I am ever out of work again, the last place I will look for a job will be at the jobcentre.

Offline Waterloo Phil

• Cheeky bleeder. Thinks the mods are here to answer to his beck and call
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ya Get Me
« Reply #124 on: April 3, 2009, 11:06:57 am »

Gizza Job

Offline daveyg

• Plain and Simple
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #125 on: April 3, 2009, 01:40:42 pm »
Will be getting laid of in June and I'm starting to stress already.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that the wife told me that she was pregnant just a matter of days after I was told that I was losing my job. At first I was over the moon delighted etc but privately this couldnt of been more badly timed. (yes the baby was planned!)

Think I need to get back to the doc's I have a history of stress and anxiety been on medication/signed off work/ counselling the lot and some of the old familiar feelings are starting to resurface. Its so important that I keep it together.

I think its time to put on the Al Pacino Any Given Sunday speech on!

On a more positive note got 2 letters this morning. The first one saying that I had a shortfall of £400 in my NI contributions, the second letter was to say that they had recalculated it and that I didnt owe anything.

WTF???
14/08/04 -  THE START OF THE NEW RAFALUTION!

Offline Fernando09

• Legacy Fan
  • can i change my username please...? :(
« Reply #126 on: April 3, 2009, 02:09:25 pm »

i hate that "e" word seriously!

to cut my long story short
i was a temp at a foreign bank for 4 whole months as they freezed headcount
my position was a perm one previously but since the market is that bad i accepted that i'm going to have this shite hourly pay for until god knows when
but then they decided some of my duties are to be transfered to another department and they are going to have an extra headcount
for a few glorious hours i thought YES!that's gonna be ME!
seriously i didn't make a single mistake in that whole 4 months and my supervisor told me she's pleased with my performance although i didn't have any prior experience and had learnt everything from scratch

but hell NO the other department ask me to teach them my duties and get lost cos i'm not experienced enough to get signed as a perm

fck off man i don't have any working experience but that doesn't mean i was born yesterday
so i kept delaying and took days off and when they asked me to teach i purposely miss out the important details ;)

and here i am shaking legs at home and i think i'm going to take a break and start job hunting after the season finish
i really hate having to go to work a few hours after we win matches (i stay in the GMT+7 region) when all i want is to stay on RAWK and watch match highlights ;)
« Last Edit: April 3, 2009, 02:11:14 pm by Fernando09 »
If I live to be a hundred and Liverpool bring in genius managers who win Quadruples and Quintuples for the club, I'll always point to Rafa as the one who meant the most to me.

-Finn Solomon

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: April 3, 2009, 02:44:57 pm »
Wondered if someone would be able to help me...

I recently got offered a new job which was due to start on Monday. I handed my notice in last month and left my previous job on Wednesday. I've just received a phone call from the new job and they are saying that my start date has had to be put back and it will be at least a month until I start. Am I entitled to claim anything whilst I wait to start as obviously a month without any wages is going to be tough when I hadn't planned for that at all. I can't help but think I won't be able to do because a) I left my previous job voluntarily, i.e I handed in my notice and b) I won't actually be seeking another job as I have one, I'm just waiting to start it. By the way, I have only signed a provisional contract with the new job and not a permanent one if that makes any difference.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #128 on: April 3, 2009, 02:53:37 pm »
Wondered if someone would be able to help me...

I recently got offered a new job which was due to start on Monday. I handed my notice in last month and left my previous job on Wednesday. I've just received a phone call from the new job and they are saying that my start date has had to be put back and it will be at least a month until I start. Am I entitled to claim anything whilst I wait to start as obviously a month without any wages is going to be tough when I hadn't planned for that at all. I can't help but think I won't be able to do because a) I left my previous job voluntarily, i.e I handed in my notice and b) I won't actually be seeking another job as I have one, I'm just waiting to start it. By the way, I have only signed a provisional contract with the new job and not a permanent one if that makes any difference.

It will depend upon the terms of the contract that you have signed. If it has a start date then they can't not pay you.

Really depends upon what the contract says though.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: April 3, 2009, 02:55:31 pm »
It will depend upon the terms of the contract that you have signed. If it has a start date then they can't not pay you.

Really depends upon what the contract says though.

Thanks mate. I'll have a read through it.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #130 on: April 3, 2009, 03:59:44 pm »
Thanks mate. I'll have a read through it.

PM me if you want any more advice.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline GIRed

• I know what the fuck im talking about, so shut up and maybe you'll learn something.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hey, there were Skittles in there!
« Reply #131 on: April 3, 2009, 04:12:50 pm »
There is always the Army gentlemen....three square meals a day...free clothes and fun and excitement! Can't beat it!  ;D
"You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty-loving people everywhere march with you...." -Ike

...09/10...6/19

Offline Emlyn18

• Sorviodunum SU145305. Tossing over Pat Butcher or Barry Evans. Rhi's girlfriend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bargin Booze. Making life richer for the pourer.
« Reply #132 on: April 3, 2009, 05:19:24 pm »
Think i might be in here soon.
Emlyn, you were a very bad influence on my younger brother in Barcelona! I don't know what you gave him but he was a nuisance the entire day, have banned him from Eindhoven!  :missus

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #133 on: April 3, 2009, 05:55:48 pm »
There is always the Army gentlemen....three square meals a day...free clothes and fun and excitement! Can't beat it!  ;D

Tried for the army back when I was 16 , didnt get in thank fuck !!!
was gutted at the time tho . . . .
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #134 on: April 3, 2009, 05:56:21 pm »
Think i might be in here soon.

Sorry to hear that man , your not alone mate . . . .
Lets hope not tho  ;)

Offline donut

• and wants to stay one... unfunny twat...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: April 3, 2009, 06:17:58 pm »

I hated getting feedback like that. Had some from an interview saying how much they liked me but they only look for the top 10% and I was in the top 11 or some such bollocks. Would rather have been told that I failed dismally to be honest.

Offline GIRed

• I know what the fuck im talking about, so shut up and maybe you'll learn something.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hey, there were Skittles in there!
« Reply #136 on: April 3, 2009, 06:45:55 pm »
Tried for the army back when I was 16 , didnt get in thank fuck !!!
was gutted at the time tho . . . .

Try the Marines? They let in anyone. lol ....Is there a English peace corps type organization?
"You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty-loving people everywhere march with you...." -Ike

...09/10...6/19

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #137 on: April 7, 2009, 09:14:16 am »

The same could be said about prison... ;)

Just got a call and have my first interview in weeks on Friday. I'm not sure if that's the right job for me, as it is only a part-time job (15h per week) as a journo at some local paper, but if the pay is good enough I'll take it. I would have preffered some job in public relations, because that would mean more regular working hours compared to working on weekends or in the evening, but if it's only part-time I can live with it. I'm getting really bored now staying at home all day (reading RAWK is helping a bit) and would like nothing more than having a job even though it would only be for two days a week...

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #138 on: April 8, 2009, 03:17:35 pm »
Does the job centre still give people the opportunity of free driving lessons?

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #139 on: April 8, 2009, 05:34:01 pm »

i think they pay for some not all of them I'll enquire about it tomorrow if i remember as its my signing on day  :(
« Last Edit: April 8, 2009, 05:35:48 pm by lfc_col »
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Andy2006

• Legacy Fan
  • Telephone!
« Reply #140 on: April 9, 2009, 11:41:30 am »
Whats the number to sign on again? I lost mine.

Offline rosie

• WSAS Founder Member
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss not base football player
« Reply #141 on: April 9, 2009, 12:23:42 pm »
Will be getting laid of in June and I'm starting to stress already.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that the wife told me that she was pregnant just a matter of days after I was told that I was losing my job. At first I was over the moon delighted etc but privately this couldnt of been more badly timed. (yes the baby was planned!)

Think I need to get back to the doc's I have a history of stress and anxiety been on medication/signed off work/ counselling the lot and some of the old familiar feelings are starting to resurface. Its so important that I keep it together.

I think its time to put on the Al Pacino Any Given Sunday speech on!

On a more positive note got 2 letters this morning. The first one saying that I had a shortfall of £400 in my NI contributions, the second letter was to say that they had recalculated it and that I didnt owe anything.

WTF???

Keep your chin up fella.
no coward soul is mine

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: April 9, 2009, 12:49:34 pm »
Whats the number to sign on again? I lost mine.

08000 556688

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #143 on: April 9, 2009, 09:11:07 pm »
i think they pay for some not all of them I'll enquire about it tomorrow if i remember as its my signing on day  :(

Did you find out mate?

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #144 on: April 10, 2009, 12:13:31 am »
Did you find out mate?

sorry forgot all about it am sure they pay for some though there might be some info on there site about it
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #145 on: April 10, 2009, 12:38:12 am »

If you have been signing for , i think , 6/9 months yeh , i may be eligible myself soon apparantly but you have to do a 12 week computer course , so thats a 3 extra months off work , and for which you still have to actively seek employment but you dont have to sign at the JC  . You get around 20 lessons and 2 theory tests included . There wont be nothing on the website tho .

Ooh yeh I got University Interview next Friday , wish me luck :)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 12:41:46 am by shelovesyouyehyehyeh »

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: April 10, 2009, 12:48:48 am »
You get free/very cheap dental work, eye tests and prescriptions whilst you're signing on.

Never looked into driving lessons to be honest. But it would not have applied to me when I was signing on anyway a year ago. But I did take advantage of the free eye test though. Oh and they also give you a big big discount on glasses and contacts.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #147 on: April 10, 2009, 12:52:56 am »
You get free/very cheap dental work, eye tests and prescriptions whilst you're signing on.

Never looked into driving lessons to be honest. But it would not have applied to me when I was signing on anyway a year ago. But I did take advantage of the free eye test though. Oh and they also give you a big big discount on glasses and contacts.

Good shout , need new glasses meself . ;)

Offline lakes

• Anny Roader
    • Thurrock Paranormal
« Reply #148 on: April 10, 2009, 09:53:13 am »
i have had two lots of being unemployed in my life, once i ruptured achilles tendon and was in plaster for a year, my work let me go, the 2nd time was sort of my fault, i got job that i was not happy in, on the side i started doing life coaching and studying to be a teacher, then something happpen, i was doing the washing up and cut my finger very badly, I was off work for 12 weeks and during this time i finished my training, i was sure i world be working for myself in a few weeks and put in for my police checks, my first day back at my old job i told them to stick it (well not in them words)

what happend then was a bit of a fuck up. found out that i had put in for the wrong police checks and a few other things had gone wrong, like not takers for the life coaching, i had to sign on at the job center, i started to look for work and had lots of inteviwes but was always told i was not what they were looking for as i had been a manger in all my job and i would ger fed up there.

this lasted for about 30 weeks, i had started to get a bit of work in but had to tell them how much i was getting for it and they took it off me.

then i worked out that if i was self employed and working over 16 hoyrs a week as long as i done my NI i would be able to ger working tax credit, this is what i have done, i knew there was no point in trying to get work as there was none and i would have to do it all the hard way by myself, 2 years on and things have got a lot better i now teach anger management self esteem and confidence and things like that, i also do Cogntive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and the funny thing is i now work with the job center sometimes to help bulid self esteem and confidence in persons that have been out of work for a long time.

right now thins are a bit slow and money is short but i will not give in , there is not much work out there right now but i am going to try and see if i can work in a few prisons anger management , they can not keep me full time as it will cost them too much but even if i get in there for 2 hours a week then thats more money coming in, i work in places like Mind and in schools.

over the years friends have taken the piss out of me for being out of work but they never tried to understand why, even now i feel some of them dont think i work as i seem to always be at home during the day (my hours are all over the place and might only work 3 hours a day , but thats ok for how much i cost lol).

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #149 on: April 11, 2009, 09:58:41 pm »
sent in my application form for a job at Booths today here's hopeing i at least get an interview  :)
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #150 on: April 11, 2009, 10:05:58 pm »
i have todya become unemployed :( im not old enough to sign on and am on an adult part-time course at college. So any idea how i could get some money as i cant get EMA as i do less than 12 hours a week at college. I am going to apply for jobs if any are available. I am just aware that it will be hard to find a job where i can have a wednesday off to attend college
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #151 on: April 17, 2009, 05:08:17 pm »
Well happy today ,

Just got accepted onto a Degree in Sound Technology . . .

Yay for me !!!

Cant wait to get started and to do something worth while .  ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #152 on: April 17, 2009, 05:23:25 pm »
Congrats mate!

I had an interview just over 2 weeks ago and haven't heard a peep back despite emailing and leaving a message with the HR woman. Fucking rude if you ask me but do you think it's a definite bad sign or maybe they are still doing 1st round of interviews?

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #153 on: April 17, 2009, 05:25:43 pm »
Congrats mate!

I had an interview just over 2 weeks ago and haven't heard a peep back despite emailing and leaving a message with the HR woman. Fucking rude if you ask me but do you think it's a definite bad sign or maybe they are still doing 1st round of interviews?

Cheers mate much appreciated ,

As for your interview I personally wouldnt panic just yet perhaps like you say they have many applicants to go through , Id give it til the middle of next week and if you havent heard get in touch again . . .

Really hope it works out for you  :)

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #154 on: June 18, 2009, 11:38:14 am »
Anyone else still in this boat? Had 3 interviews so far, got great feedback with them all but one way or another no offersso all in all very frustrating. Think there are that many people going for every job that the employers can afford to be very particular. I have another interview next Tuesday so keeping fingers crossed for that.

Signed on last week - never knew what a ballache it was. Took so long to register by phone, then going through all the questions when I was there. Have my first appointment next Tuesday and will have to cancel it as I now have an interview! Been on the phone for about an hour trying to get through but constantly engaged.

Also, does anyone know how easy it is to backdate Job Seekers Allowance? I asked if I could when I registered and they asked why I hadn't applied for it straight away - outrageously I said it was because I was spending my time looking for a new job instead. Apparently it can be quite difficult to get?

Offline StuwieG

• The Ambassador
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: June 18, 2009, 11:42:04 am »
I'm out of work at the moment.

Got two years experience as a website developer with a degree aswell.

It's fucking shite. Gonna have to sign on when I get back from Glasto, I have done it once before and it's fucking horrible.

Also gonna have to look into getting a basic office job or something.

Wish I would have just got a trade and not bothered with uni
WE SEE THINGS THEY'LL NEVER SEE
***** (5)
****************** (18)
LFC

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #156 on: June 18, 2009, 11:46:45 am »
Shite isn't it mate - enjoy Glastonbury anyway!

My missus is a teacher and goes over to Ireland for a month or so in the sumer holidays to her parents' house. I was going to go with her for the full month as I can do just as much job hunting online and over the phone as I do here. Only thing is now I have to sign on every 2 weeks and it looks like I'm taking the piss if I say I'm going away for a month! Does anyone know if you lose your whole application or just that fortnight's allowance if you don't go in?

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: June 18, 2009, 11:51:23 am »
I actually got offered a job yesterday! Assuming all the pre-employment checks etc go well I will be working in London.

Very happy and relieved. I actually thought the interview went badly, or at least started badly, but I guess it must have gone ok.

Offline daveyg

• Plain and Simple
  • Kopite
« Reply #158 on: June 18, 2009, 12:07:41 pm »
Cant believe how fast the time has gone since I first posted on here. My last day of work is the 30th of June.

I'm actually getting a decent redundancy payout from the place.

I just have some questions which I hope someone can answer:

I wont qualify for jobseekers allowance beacuse I have to much savings, what do I do then? Do I still apply knowing I wont get it?

I only ask this as I dont have anything lined up yet jobwise and there will be a gap in my earnings and contributions.

If i get rejected does that mean they have a record of what I'm doing and so cant demand £x in a few years time saying that they have no records of me for this period.
14/08/04 -  THE START OF THE NEW RAFALUTION!

Offline jim.

• Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #159 on: June 18, 2009, 12:19:21 pm »
If your unemployed don't wait to sign on just get an appointment as it takes ages anyway from what i hear.