Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 0 vs 1 Burnley ‘83 Barnes (p)  (Read 53687 times)

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Re: PL: Liverpool 0 vs 1 Burnley ‘83 Barnes (p)
« Reply #800 on: January 22, 2021, 08:36:42 am »
A lot of teams we are playing don't give us anything to press. Only keep the ball long enough to hoof it upfield.

We're not pushing high enough up the field to press effectively
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #801 on: January 22, 2021, 08:37:07 am »
Last night I was full of despair and thought this team was finished, I’ve calmed down a bit now but I do still think major changes are needed. I find it hard to believe that this team, after what they have achieved , have suddenly lost all confidence. I think it’s more to do with teams just opting for fat Sam’s ‘master plan’ of packing the box with defenders. Our way of playing just keeps banging against that brick wall. The only time we looked like scoring was when Gini ran at them. I was screaming for more players to try it, with the amount of defenders it’s likely you will get a penalty if tried enough times. I’d still like us to buy a CB so we could get Fab back in midfield but I do think Klopp needs a plan B now. Hopefully Jota coming back will help.
On current form the title is obviously gone, however things can change quickly. Maybe the tougher looking games coming up will help us as they will be different types of games to the ones we’ve had lately.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #802 on: January 22, 2021, 08:44:34 am »
I think we are just tired. Not being able to rotate because of injuries is taking its toll. We are missing that energy that made us winners - we're slow to second balls, slow to intercept, do not anticipate the pass or can't reach it if it's slightly overhit. All signs of lacking a bit of spring in our steps. Need time to recover and ideally fresh blood to take the load of our main players.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #803 on: January 22, 2021, 08:50:39 am »
Actually thought the performance wasn't that bad yesterday once you take the sting of the loss out of it.

We have been progressing the ball fine even in this bad run too but just not having anything to show for it, i.e shots/goals! But the amount of crossing we do needs to be thought about again because it was basically just giving the ball away at times.
Last night we were atleast testing the goal more. Origi should have scored, Pope made a couple saves and there were a couple clearances off the line.

The form of our whole attacking unit is god awful atm and nobody can buy a goal it seems. What has let us down the most in the final third has been decision making and a lack of conviction - that points squarely at a confidence issue.
That's plain to see...but there's green shoots and Klopp will work with those. We are not being overrun by teams, we are just being taken advantage of in terms of our own confidence, which only we can change. Hard work. That's all.

It'll turn around...I've said in another thread at halfway stage of the season I reckon you can be max. 7 points behind the top to still think of it as a target.
Way things are going for us and our rivals at this point you can see us dropping more points barring a huge turnaround in form from us, and maybe finally a bit of shit luck for them (im talking mainly City here)...what we realistically should be aiming for this season may have to change soon, I'm gonna give it to the City game at Anfield before thinking about that yet..

But we literally can't be thinking of anything at all other than how we solve our own issues. I liked that he went bold yesterday with the lineup, and it could have worked....unfortunately didn't.
I liked the effort of the players right the way through.

I want to see more anger from some of our players, in terms of how much they want to confront the challenge. I think having tough opponents in our next few fixtures in cup/league is PERFECT. Bring it the fuck on - that is what I want the players to be thinking going into these.

Been shit in the last month? Can't change it. Fucking do something about what's in front of you then

Onwards, we'll be fine
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 08:53:29 am by just redk84 will do »
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #804 on: January 22, 2021, 08:54:26 am »
That's just a personal take, so I don't expect others to see it the same way.

I totally agree with everything you said. Excellent post.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #805 on: January 22, 2021, 08:59:57 am »
The biggest worry I have is that Jurgen seems to have lost his mojo too.  Yes, the players aren't doing great but I think ever since the post-match vs Brighton there's been a change in him.  He seems less arsed. He seems to have resigned himself to it all.  The grinning and such like after WBA equalised.  Things like that.  I think it's got a lot to do with there being no crowd.  He bounces off that energy more than the players themselves.  I don't know, but he hasn't had that same relentless drive and never-say-die attitude.  I get the feeling he can't wait for this season to be over and to go again with a full squad and crowds back in stadiums.

Like many of us, he’s tired and emotionally drained by the current situation. This much is clear.

But he’s still the best manager in the league, with a squad containing some of the best players in the world. This isn’t an Eddie Howe at Bournemouth situation. He’ll turn it around.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #806 on: January 22, 2021, 09:03:36 am »
The drop off in form from the Spurs and Palace games within 4 days to the last 5 league performances is baffling. 

It's baffling if you keep comparing our current form to the form we displayed over the past 2 and a half years

It's not so baffling when you step back and accept that form is cyclic. All teams go through poor patches of form. We're not exempt from that

The fact that it has taken this long for us to finally dip is pretty phenomenal in the grand scheme of things

And that's all there is to it really. Hyper analyse and over think it all you like, but that's the long and short of it

Some people take this game way to seriously
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #807 on: January 22, 2021, 09:04:35 am »
On the plus side, Matip was fucking class.

In our own box and up to the last third we are doing really well. Lets not forget we got our key players into the game in key positions. But it goes back to the Guardiola quote that he can set up a team to get to the final third and then its on them to show their talent and confidence. We are not doing that.

Online DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #808 on: January 22, 2021, 09:06:42 am »
Instead, we're robbing Peter to pay Paul in the way we're moving players out of position all over the team to paper over the cracks. The great German-engineered machine we have had is completely broken. We should've done whatever it would take to ensure the least disruption to our shape and way of playing.

This is exactly right. I find all the talk about what has gone wrong with the forward line very frustrating because it's quite clear that an under performing front three is a problem caused by the lack of verve from the FBs, which, in turn, is caused by the lack of steel in the middle and the fragility of the backline. Everyone sits deeper and plays more cautiously. That's what happens when you move midfielders 10 yards back into CB positions.

I am not saying a new CB will solve that, but it will improve the situation. In contrast, a new set of forwards without a new CB will still encounter the same problem, no matter how much verve they show; a static midfield and a lack of overlapping from the FBs.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #809 on: January 22, 2021, 09:06:53 am »
Mane, Salah and Bobby having awful form at same time. Add in trent and few others along with lack of fans to get them going again pretty much sums it up.

Also they are likely mentally exhausted we've had shit referees and bad injuries.

That's all it is imo.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #810 on: January 22, 2021, 09:08:11 am »
On the Mané one, I know he never would be if he’d literally just controlled it rather than shot he’d have been wiped out for a stonewall penalty. Not that anyone wouldn’t go for goal in that situation.

Of course we’re putting in too many crosses but several times tonight we worked it quite well and did go for the lower pull backs by they had so many back nothing got through that way either.

It’s easy to bemoan what we did but what’s the way through it? I know other teams seem to manage but they generally don’t come up against 8 in the box.

Feel like Klopp touched on that in his interview - it was almost like trent/whoever was putting the ball in the right place but all the forwards/whoever were second guessing [confidence issue] where it was going. Like 'this won't be a cross for me so I won't move somewhere half decent for it' sort of thing. There were definitely a couple that were there for the taking.

We're in a bad way, no mistake. It's a very very tough run now to see how we get out of it too. Hoping for a 'mark robins' moment v united in the cup
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #811 on: January 22, 2021, 09:08:15 am »
Saddest thing for me is that in situations like this, heads drop and it brings the worst out in some fans, some expert pundits and ex-players and all the other daft twats who want to shit stir  and are consumed with  schadenfreude.

Our Boss is knackered, mentally and physically. We’ve had continuous football for about 2 years, the players didn’t have a pre-season and we know how the season has panned out so far with injuries, players being kicked off the park by lesser teams and refs shitting on us all over the shop.

Shit happens, and big shit is happening to us right now.  Just like in life. Aren’t the tragedies that we’re witnessing all around us enough to show us that football isn’t the most important thing in life?

The memories of Madrid only 18 months ago and the imperious football we played last season counts for nothing if you listen to some people.
But FFS, we’re all disappointed and no one is hurting more than the boss and his team. The snide remarks are not what this club is about. They’ll hurt Klopp more than anything. if we behave just like other supporters. Ease up, laugh about it and plan for Istanbul in whenever the final is.

The fickle never came up no fucking hill and when we get back to where we should be , and we will do within weeks not months or years, their celebrations will also be worth nothing.

If there was ever a time in his management here that he needed to feel that we were with him, it’s now. Shame we can’t get to the ground to show him , but just leave the bollocks out, find a big brolly and wait till the storm passes. And stop the unconstructive whining.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #812 on: January 22, 2021, 09:08:24 am »
This is exactly right. I find all the talk about what has gone wrong with the forward line very frustrating because it's quite clear that an under performing front three is a problem caused by the lack of verve from the FBs, which, in turn, is caused by the lack of steel in the middle and the fragility of the backline. Everyone sits deeper and plays more cautiously. That's what happens when you move midfielders 10 yards back into CB positions.
I am not saying a new CB will solve that, but it will improve the situation. In contrast, a new set of forwards without a new CB will still encounter the same problem, no matter how much verve they show; a static midfield and a lack of overlapping from the FBs.

I dont think that was the problem yesterday. We played well up to the final third and got all our key players the ball in key areas. But of course the loss of confidence spilled into this game.

We are set up right, just the confidence in the final third is gone.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #813 on: January 22, 2021, 09:08:50 am »
On the plus side, Matip was fucking class.

Yes! He was outstanding. That was one of the biggest positives of last night - he broke down so many of their attacks, and his general positioning and anticipation made life really difficult for Woods and Barnes.

Fingers crossed he can stay fit!

Offline Andypandimonium

• Kopite
« Reply #814 on: January 22, 2021, 09:12:53 am »
The last five games have reminded me why I use RAWK for info on match ticket sales more than match review and analysis. This thread is another in distress, worthy of a Steve Peters seminar. of its own. What I am reading is that for some of our supporters, it is absolutely fine to throw the players and management team under a bus every time form goes south. Can't believe some of the things being suggested here. Even in FIFA on the Xbox, can you change your entire team mid-season? That seems to be the reaction of many of our fans since the full-time whistle. These are the same group which has just played two of the finest seasons our storied club has ever managed to play. Like on a different level. And I say that as someone old enough to remember the excitement of the 70s. They have been quite outstanding, and even if they never won another game this season, they will remain so in my eyes.

I am as confused, surprised, disappointed as anyone at the sudden drop-off in form and results; but that is because this group has been so feckin awesome for the last two seasons. How does anyone explain why an elite team which won a game 7-0 before Xmas to go top of the league can then only score one goal in the next five? Opposition tactics only go so far and Jurgen and his team will have lots of ideas to remedy things, even if that means next season before it clicks back into place for whatever reason. I will be giving the boss and his squad time to sort things out. That may mean some new faces, but it certainly won't result in the mass first team clear-out suggested by many on this forum. I do hope those calling for a cull of our Champions are not people managers themselves. Fancy working for someone who gives up on you after one or two bad days at the office!

This is a season like no other. I have stopped watching games live as there is so little excitement and quality on show. Glorified training games; no passion in the stands; refs stop-starting the game to look at isolated incidents and ways to chalk off perfectly good goals, which is the lifeblood of the game for fans, and I've no interest in paying SKY and BT for the privilege of their god-awful coverage which encourages the sort of knee-jerk tak I find in many of this forum's pages. Watch games back on LFC TV and wait longingly for the chance to get back to Anfield whenever that might be. Remember people, form is temporary but class is permanent, and I won't be writing this lot off just yet. Even in the extended glory years of the 80s, we saw the odd outlier of a season, then would bounce back. If top 4 is new target, so be it. A cup run might also come our way, who can say. Whatever, let's hope for the best eh? These boys are quite good when they click into gear you know. Now, back to the ticket sale pages...anything happening there?

Up the reds!  :scarf :scarf :champ :scarf :scarf

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #815 on: January 22, 2021, 09:17:52 am »
Mane and Trent look way off it.

I believe Mane is the best player in the PL and was the difference last year.

Maybe Covid took it out of them ?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #816 on: January 22, 2021, 09:22:16 am »
Mane and Trent look way off it.

I believe Mane is the best player in the PL and was the difference last year.

Maybe Covid took it out of them ?

Injuries, no fans, shite refs fucking us over, mentally exhausted, bad form. It's a combination of things.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #817 on: January 22, 2021, 09:22:31 am »
Injuries are a major problem of ourse, but we've not really found our form back after the first Covid lockdown. We played poorly in the final rounds of last season, but I wrote that off to being champions already. I'm not sure exactly what is wrong now. Maybe it's just down to having a ton of players in poor form simultaneously.

Something's gotta be done about our midfield. We need at least one of Hendo and Fabinho there, with Thiago, preferably both.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #818 on: January 22, 2021, 09:34:46 am »
Why anyone would say focus on the FA Cup is beyond me. It does nothing to help the club's financial situation, and hence our squad building. All it does is help a few fans feel all nostalgic.

Play the kids + Ox, Shaq, Origi, Minamino. Let the rest of them stay fresh for Spurs. If we don't get Top 4, you can forget about getting good players in over the summer even if we sell one of the front 3

Slightly different context this time. We need to put in a good performance and score some goals. I'd be using the Cup game to try a different strategy/formation with the first 11. We know what Man Utd are going to serve up again. We need to figure out how to break down this low block. Everyone is going to be doing it to us going forward, bar perhaps City and Leicester.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #819 on: January 22, 2021, 09:38:09 am »
I think a large part of it is likely to be empty stadiums. Let’s face it, our fans are the best in the world and there is no better place to play football than a packed Anfield! The players are missing that! When things are tough on the pitch there is no better driving force than a packed Anfield, the players thrive on it. It could well be the players are struggling with the whole situation and are mentally and physically knackered.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #820 on: January 22, 2021, 09:39:38 am »
What I am reading is that for some of our supporters, it is absolutely fine to throw the players and management team under a bus every time form goes south. Can't believe some of the things being suggested here.

That's to be expected. People are upset and angry at the recent run of results. People are emotionally invested in Liverpool FC and it's a normal response. But I'm pleased to see that there is plenty of positivity and optimism to balance the negativity - it's heartening.

YNWA!

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #821 on: January 22, 2021, 09:41:37 am »
Injuries, no fans, shite refs fucking us over, mentally exhausted, bad form. It's a combination of things.

Or maybe teams are starting to play differently against us. Most of the recent games have been similar.
Put 11 players behind the ball and 6 in the box. Let us have all the possession that we want. Make it very hard for us to score and aim for a 0-0 draw. If possible take your one golden chance and beat us 1-0.

At present it’s working as we don’t look capable of scoring. Most teams will be delighted with a 0-0 draw against us. Even if we do score they’ll hope to get a goal themselves and get a draw. None of them will risk getting thumped like Palace.

So defend in numbers, pack the box and hope to nick a goal. It’s not very positive but it works.

The Utd game was exactly like last night. They just setup to defend and their main aim was a 0-0 draw. They had one great chance and they fluffed it otherwise the result would have been a 1-0 loss.

We’re going to face these same tactics for 75% or more of the remaining matches so we need to change things. Our front three have lost form so the 0-0 tactics are working perfectly.
#JFT97

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #822 on: January 22, 2021, 09:42:45 am »
Everything else aside, the referee not allowing the players to leave the pitch at half time (!) until VAR official Lee Mason had forensically examined what was clearly a case of absolutely fuckall, really steamed my piss...the fat baldy chipped up c*nt desperate to penalize Fabinho again for nothing - just as he tried to at Fulham earlier in the season....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #823 on: January 22, 2021, 09:43:47 am »
Actually thought the performance wasn't that bad yesterday once you take the sting of the loss out of it.

We have been progressing the ball fine even in this bad run too but just not having anything to show for it, i.e shots/goals! But the amount of crossing we do needs to be thought about again because it was basically just giving the ball away at times.
Last night we were atleast testing the goal more. Origi should have scored, Pope made a couple saves and there were a couple clearances off the line.

The form of our whole attacking unit is god awful atm and nobody can buy a goal it seems. What has let us down the most in the final third has been decision making and a lack of conviction - that points squarely at a confidence issue.
That's plain to see...but there's green shoots and Klopp will work with those. We are not being overrun by teams, we are just being taken advantage of in terms of our own confidence, which only we can change. Hard work. That's all.

It'll turn around...I've said in another thread at halfway stage of the season I reckon you can be max. 7 points behind the top to still think of it as a target.
Way things are going for us and our rivals at this point you can see us dropping more points barring a huge turnaround in form from us, and maybe finally a bit of shit luck for them (im talking mainly City here)...what we realistically should be aiming for this season may have to change soon, I'm gonna give it to the City game at Anfield before thinking about that yet..

But we literally can't be thinking of anything at all other than how we solve our own issues. I liked that he went bold yesterday with the lineup, and it could have worked....unfortunately didn't.
I liked the effort of the players right the way through.

I want to see more anger from some of our players, in terms of how much they want to confront the challenge. I think having tough opponents in our next few fixtures in cup/league is PERFECT. Bring it the fuck on - that is what I want the players to be thinking going into these.

Been shit in the last month? Can't change it. Fucking do something about what's in front of you then

Onwards, we'll be fine

I honestly don't think we've been particularly bad in any of these games. The only real stand out bad ones for me were Fulham first half and West Brom second half.

The problem is the attackers and the full backs, Trent in particular, have lost their mojo and thats where the vast majority of our creativity comes from. We've then had to use Fab and Hendo in defence so lost a good deal of physicality which usually helps us box teams in. And when we've had opportunities we've either snatched at chances, found inspired goalkeepers/defenders, or been denied penalties when we shouldnt have. Its been the perfect storm of utter shit. But I also don't think we're that far away from clicking again, and we're more than capable of going on a good run.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #824 on: January 22, 2021, 09:47:27 am »
These players have provided us with memories to last a lifetime in the last few years to a generation who hadn't seen such heights. It's heartbreaking that we can't be there for them at Anfield when they now need us most.

The midfield balance is all over the show at the moment, quite understandably. Thiago needs Hendo or Fabinho in there with him. With Matip back I'd be considering Rhys Williams on Sunday and maybe releasing Fabinho into midfield with Thiago and Gini and seeing if that helps us. United are good at countering in behind but hopefully this will allow us to suffocate them further up the pitch.

We've been dealt a terrible hand this season and the players will need to fight with all they have to get this back on track. We know how fucking fantastic they are though. I'm sure Klopp will find us a solution.

Offline Jools

• Didn't believe at half time against Dortmund
  • Main Stander
« Reply #825 on: January 22, 2021, 09:51:05 am »
It's as though we used up all our total allowance of goals against Palace.
Agreed, teams have figured us out and sit back against us hoping to hit on us the break.
Too late to change things though and we have to keep going and hope that fate will give us a break soon.

The unbeaten run at Anfield had become a bit of an albatross around our necks so at least that ones off our backs and we can now restart our season from here!

It's not too late.

Jools,

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #826 on: January 22, 2021, 09:51:08 am »
I honestly don't think we've been particularly bad in any of these games. The only real stand out bad ones for me were Fulham first half and West Brom second half.

The problem is the attackers and the full backs, Trent in particular, have lost their mojo and thats where the vast majority of our creativity comes from. We've then had to use Fab and Hendo in defence so lost a good deal of physicality which usually helps us box teams in. And when we've had opportunities we've either snatched at chances, found inspired goalkeepers/defenders, or been denied penalties when we shouldnt have. Its been the perfect storm of utter shit. But I also don't think we're that far away from clicking again, and we're more than capable of going on a good run.

Brighton first half was pretty atrocious.

I also don't think we were bad. Yesterday we did all the right things up to the final third. We are not giving up good chances, controlling the ball, winning the battle and getting all our key players into the final third. Its just not happening in that last bit.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #827 on: January 22, 2021, 09:52:41 am »
Agree with the lack of energy and tiredness. The past few seasons we have demolished teams with pace, now its all gone, all we do is in slow motion. Our injury list has caused us havoc to, plain to see. All those aimless crosses into the box, half the time they just bounce off defenders, no invention or guile.

Even a decent ref wouldn't have saved us last night.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #828 on: January 22, 2021, 09:58:02 am »
Think we played quite well. If we could shoot we would have buried them. Not sure what has happened to our shooting.

A few players aren't playing at their usual levels but we had 27 shots. Not sure where our confidence in front of goal has gone.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #829 on: January 22, 2021, 10:00:30 am »
Saw a good post on twitter that trent has gone from Kevin De Bruyne at RB to Kevin Kilbane.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #830 on: January 22, 2021, 10:04:18 am »
It's as though we used up all our total allowance of goals against Palace.

As the boss himself said after that game, it's better to win seven games 1-0... we'd be flying away at the top of the table right now if that had been the case.

So weird how everything seemed to click for us in that game but has gone to pieces since then. But I don't think there's been a huge difference in the performance levels - I was quite concerned about how we were playing for the first half an hour against Palace, and it was only after we went 3-0 up that Palace's heads really dropped and they threw in the towel, effectively making life easier for us. So just like we can't read too much into that win, we need to be careful about reading too much into the results since then. I agree with this:

Offline stonty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #831 on: January 22, 2021, 10:08:43 am »
We seem addicted to playing the ball backwards

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #832 on: January 22, 2021, 10:09:33 am »
We've been dealt a terrible hand this season

I had the same analogy in mind - it really is like when you're playing poker and get handed a set of cards that you can do absolutely nothing with. You can use your skill and game intelligence to make the most of the situation, and hope for some lucky breaks with the flop, but ultimately when fate goes against you, there's only so much you can do.

Maybe we just need to work on our poker face a bit more. Man U are the current masters of bluffing and the way things are going for them, they could end up taking the pot with a pair of threes.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #833 on: January 22, 2021, 10:14:46 am »
Origi miss was shocking

Offline solidgold

• Main Stander
« Reply #834 on: January 22, 2021, 10:14:56 am »
I think there are only few ways to crack “bus Parkers”. First, u must have players who can shoot from outside the box with power and accuracy. Gerrard, Torres, Suarez type. Anything within 30-40 yards are chances to try pop a shot. We have none today. Closest is Ox and Trent. Both are playing without much confidence today. Second, we must have players who can take the ball and run at defenders into the box. Either we get a penalty if trip or create enough havoc and confusion in the box. Any deflections can easily be converted too. Only Mane is trying this. No one else is forcing himself into the box.  Third, u have a big strong striker that can turn set pieces into goals. Crosses will be effective too. Our strikers are not big or burly like Andy Carroll or VVD type. Lastly, going down the bye lines with simple one twos at speed to get in from behind. We don’t do that. We cross very early. Especially Trent and Salah who cannot get to the byeline or beat any man on the right side.  Early crosses with not many forwards in the box just get cleared easily.

So “bus Parker’s” find it easy to play us. Cause we don’t use any of these options to pry them apart.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #835 on: January 22, 2021, 10:25:15 am »
Sorry but why not? Its an absolute myth that you only sign good players if you play CL.
Not only that, but we won the league, CL, World Champions etc, etc and we still couldn't afford a CB.

If people say we have no money because of the lockdown, then not much has changed, we're still in one, so whether we make top 4 or not the lockdown is still here.

Not saying we should pack it all in by any means, but all these assumptions about our spending and making the top 4 aren't backed up by what's happened so far.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #836 on: January 22, 2021, 10:25:54 am »
I think there are only few ways to crack “bus Parkers”. First, u must have players who can shoot from outside the box with power and accuracy. Gerrard, Torres, Suarez type. Anything within 30-40 yards are chances to try pop a shot. We have none today. Closest is Ox and Trent. Both are playing without much confidence today. Second, we must have players who can take the ball and run at defenders into the box. Either we get a penalty if trip or create enough havoc and confusion in the box. Any deflections can easily be converted too. Only Mane is trying this. No one else is forcing himself into the box.  Third, u have a big strong striker that can turn set pieces into goals. Crosses will be effective too. Our strikers are not big or burly like Andy Carroll or VVD type. Lastly, going down the bye lines with simple one twos at speed to get in from behind. We don’t do that. We cross very early. Especially Trent and Salah who cannot get to the byeline or beat any man on the right side.  Early crosses with not many forwards in the box just get cleared easily.

So “bus Parker’s” find it easy to play us. Cause we don’t use any of these options to pry them apart.
This is true. Seeing us constantly just crossing the ball in to Burnley defenders was frustrating. We didn’t seem capable of mixing it up. Just constantly trying the same thing over and over again.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #837 on: January 22, 2021, 10:26:36 am »
Saw a good post on twitter that trent has gone from Kevin De Bruyne at RB to Kevin Kilbane.

Aye brilliant that, I'd like to see similar slagging off all of our players though

'Andy Robertson has gone from Paolo Maldini at left back to Paolo Nutini'
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #838 on: January 22, 2021, 10:31:15 am »
I don't think we will piss the league but I'm not willing to concede winning the league. I don't understand the white flags, is it some kind of reverse psychology or something?

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #839 on: January 22, 2021, 10:31:15 am »
Saddest thing for me is that in situations like this, heads drop and it brings the worst out in some fans, some expert pundits and ex-players and all the other daft twats who want to shit stir  and are consumed with  schadenfreude.

Our Boss is knackered, mentally and physically. We’ve had continuous football for about 2 years, the players didn’t have a pre-season and we know how the season has panned out so far with injuries, players being kicked off the park by lesser teams and refs shitting on us all over the shop.

Shit happens, and big shit is happening to us right now.  Just like in life. Aren’t the tragedies that we’re witnessing all around us enough to show us that football isn’t the most important thing in life?

The memories of Madrid only 18 months ago and the imperious football we played last season counts for nothing if you listen to some people.
But FFS, we’re all disappointed and no one is hurting more than the boss and his team. The snide remarks are not what this club is about. They’ll hurt Klopp more than anything. if we behave just like other supporters. Ease up, laugh about it and plan for Istanbul in whenever the final is.

The fickle never came up no fucking hill and when we get back to where we should be , and we will do within weeks not months or years, their celebrations will also be worth nothing.

If there was ever a time in his management here that he needed to feel that we were with him, it’s now. Shame we can’t get to the ground to show him , but just leave the bollocks out, find a big brolly and wait till the storm passes. And stop the unconstructive whining.
:wellin

The last five games have reminded me why I use RAWK for info on match ticket sales more than match review and analysis. This thread is another in distress, worthy of a Steve Peters seminar. of its own. What I am reading is that for some of our supporters, it is absolutely fine to throw the players and management team under a bus every time form goes south. Can't believe some of the things being suggested here. Even in FIFA on the Xbox, can you change your entire team mid-season? That seems to be the reaction of many of our fans since the full-time whistle. These are the same group which has just played two of the finest seasons our storied club has ever managed to play. Like on a different level. And I say that as someone old enough to remember the excitement of the 70s. They have been quite outstanding, and even if they never won another game this season, they will remain so in my eyes.

I am as confused, surprised, disappointed as anyone at the sudden drop-off in form and results; but that is because this group has been so feckin awesome for the last two seasons. How does anyone explain why an elite team which won a game 7-0 before Xmas to go top of the league can then only score one goal in the next five? Opposition tactics only go so far and Jurgen and his team will have lots of ideas to remedy things, even if that means next season before it clicks back into place for whatever reason. I will be giving the boss and his squad time to sort things out. That may mean some new faces, but it certainly won't result in the mass first team clear-out suggested by many on this forum. I do hope those calling for a cull of our Champions are not people managers themselves. Fancy working for someone who gives up on you after one or two bad days at the office!

This is a season like no other. I have stopped watching games live as there is so little excitement and quality on show. Glorified training games; no passion in the stands; refs stop-starting the game to look at isolated incidents and ways to chalk off perfectly good goals, which is the lifeblood of the game for fans, and I've no interest in paying SKY and BT for the privilege of their god-awful coverage which encourages the sort of knee-jerk tak I find in many of this forum's pages. Watch games back on LFC TV and wait longingly for the chance to get back to Anfield whenever that might be. Remember people, form is temporary but class is permanent, and I won't be writing this lot off just yet. Even in the extended glory years of the 80s, we saw the odd outlier of a season, then would bounce back. If top 4 is new target, so be it. A cup run might also come our way, who can say. Whatever, let's hope for the best eh? These boys are quite good when they click into gear you know. Now, back to the ticket sale pages...anything happening there?

:wellin

Two welcome ports in the storm. Thankyou gentlemen
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D