Author Topic: Amazon win Premier League package from 2019  (Read 25921 times)

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Amazon Prime
« Reply #160 on: November 27, 2019, 10:04:28 am »
I take a free trial every December so I can get Christmans shopping delivered free than cancel before it autorenews. Never seen enough on Prime Video that I am interested in to justify paying for it.

I'm trying to reduce the amount I use Amazon anyway so might not even bother this year.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: November 27, 2019, 10:08:17 am »
I pay £3.99 a month for Student Prime. Had an old .ac.uk address from OU courses years ago so was able to sign up with that. I get stuff off Amazon probably monthly and watch bits on Prime Video so it's worth it for me.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: November 27, 2019, 11:52:05 am »
I'm sure some of you already do this but on smart TVs you can get the prime video app which will make this a much nicer option than huddling round a laptop.

Compared to the netflix apps it's fucking shite, but it'll work and it's 4K so can't moan too much.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #163 on: November 27, 2019, 02:14:37 pm »
I'm sure some of you already do this but on smart TVs you can get the prime video app which will make this a much nicer option than huddling round a laptop.

Compared to the netflix apps it's fucking shite, but it'll work and it's 4K so can't moan too much.

Why not just pick up a firestick and plug it into hdmi socket on TV?

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #164 on: November 27, 2019, 02:50:37 pm »
Why not just pick up a firestick and plug it into hdmi socket on TV?
If you can watch through an app on the tv, is there any need to pay out for a fire stick?
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: November 27, 2019, 05:11:59 pm »
If you can watch through an app on the tv, is there any need to pay out for a fire stick?

Read it wrong :D

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: November 27, 2019, 06:15:13 pm »
Had a browse around Prime video. Not really worth 7e per month for the content they have. May pick up the trial and watch the ‘This is football’ series. Having never bought a single item from Amazon I’m not seeing the value - but if you buy often it looks like a great deal.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #167 on: November 27, 2019, 06:24:52 pm »
Had a browse around Prime video. Not really worth 7e per month for the content they have. May pick up the trial and watch the ‘This is football’ series. Having never bought a single item from Amazon I’m not seeing the value - but if you buy often it looks like a great deal.

Vikings is worth it for a month or two whilst you binge watch it.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #168 on: November 28, 2019, 12:21:09 pm »
Life in Pieces is worth the fee too!

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: November 28, 2019, 03:17:53 pm »
Sky Go is over a minute behind Sky TV, phone on silent when we are on so our kid doesn't text me and ruin it, although if its a bit tight in our games I sometimes flick SSN on in stoppage time to check the result - Manes goal at Villa a prime example of knowing we'd scored before I saw it

Glad its not just me who does that.....was watching the Palace game on Mobdro on my phone and watching Sky Sports news at the same time, though you can usually tell which way it has gone because if it aint Thommo, then the screams and shouts for a goal are way overboard and underbreath mutterings if its a goal to us......

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #170 on: November 28, 2019, 08:00:58 pm »
Life in Pieces is worth the fee too!

Not long now

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: November 28, 2019, 08:14:04 pm »
Ok, took the free month.
First impressions:

Search function that delivers not shows but each season separately - terrible.
Small ads before shows - terrible.
Selection - just about worth 50% of Netflix, there is a looooot of terrible bottom of the barrel filler in there.

But who gives a crap because The Expanse is coming!

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: November 29, 2019, 08:35:06 am »
Ok, took the free month.
First impressions:

Search function that delivers not shows but each season separately - terrible.
Small ads before shows - terrible.
Selection - just about worth 50% of Netflix, there is a looooot of terrible bottom of the barrel filler in there.

But who gives a crap because The Expanse is coming!

On the TV app it's got this shitty thing called X-Ray that gives you all info on who's in the show you're watching (who gives a shite) and it takes an inordinate amount of clicking about to do anything so I'm always put off watching things on it. The splitting up of the series is an absolutely awful decision, I agree.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #173 on: November 29, 2019, 08:47:54 am »
Never noticed that with regards to splitting the series. Strange they do that as the series are all together if you go to them off the main page.

Haven’t really had much of an issue with the x-ray and has come in handy a few times when trying to remember an actors name. Could see why it would annoy some though and should def be something you can disable as standard.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: November 29, 2019, 10:58:37 am »
Kinda worrying amazon meeting with FA about the games, they'll be in the shit if they can't stream the derby properly

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #175 on: November 29, 2019, 11:06:39 am »
Kinda worrying amazon meeting with FA about the games, they'll be in the shit if they can't stream the derby properly

Why wouldn't they be able to stream it? They've been streaming live events for years and have some of the biggest infrastructure out there for doing so.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: November 29, 2019, 11:24:55 am »
Why wouldn't they be able to stream it? They've been streaming live events for years and have some of the biggest infrastructure out there for doing so.

Not saying they can't but they haven't done football before have they?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #177 on: November 29, 2019, 11:35:58 am »
Not saying they can't but they haven't done football before have they?

I imagine they will be employing people who have (the adverts suggests they're getting some of the BT pundits). Doubt they're half arsing it.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #178 on: November 29, 2019, 12:22:28 pm »
They'll fucking smash it I reckon. They are an absolute behemoth who are chasing a new dollar. No chance they fuck it up! You want growth, new markets are the way to go. Especially when that market only has 2 players, both of which are pretty much cranking out the same stuff we were seeing almost 30 years ago......."and we're live (after a fuck load of adverts!)".....and you'd struggle to have a studio with less atmosphere than BT!

If they don't upstage both Sky and BT I'd be massively surprised!

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: November 29, 2019, 12:44:23 pm »

I think they've got it sussed mate.I've not seen anything about a meeting but if it has happened then it'll more than likely be about VAR.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: November 29, 2019, 12:56:09 pm »
Was already worth the 30 quid a year I pay just for new episodes of Mr. Robot and being able to rewatch The Office US, having the footie now is just an additional bonus

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #182 on: November 29, 2019, 05:49:24 pm »
Signed up for the free month this morning. Looks like there’s a few good series to watch. But I’ve just noticed they’ve got Make Us Dream the Gerrard doc on there as well, so will definitely be giving that a watch.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: November 29, 2019, 05:55:10 pm »
Signed up for the free month this morning. Looks like there’s a few good series to watch. But I’ve just noticed they’ve got Make Us Dream the Gerrard doc on there as well, so will definitely be giving that a watch.

Watch "This is Football". Episode One about the Rwandan Liverpool supporters club is incredible.
Watch you don't get a speck of dust in your eye when watching it, as I did.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: November 29, 2019, 06:44:43 pm »
Watch "This is Football". Episode One about the Rwandan Liverpool supporters club is incredible.
Watch you don't get a speck of dust in your eye when watching it, as I did.
I only watched that episode but well worth it, never mind Liverpool, what they went through was incredible

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #185 on: November 29, 2019, 07:13:10 pm »
Streaming in 4k.

Prime is good value for money & you can even keep signing up for the free month by just setting up a new account with a different email,use the same address & car each time.
Does this still work for you? I've been doing it for years but it doesn't work for me anymore...as soon as the system sees my card details it cancels out.
I had a good run with it though 🤷🏽‍♂️

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: November 29, 2019, 07:19:21 pm »
Does this still work for you? I've been doing it for years but it doesn't work for me anymore...as soon as the system sees my card details it cancels out.
I had a good run with it though 🤷🏽‍♂️

No idea tbf mate,it has been so long since I started a new account,now I just bounce between the ones I have had for ages now.Today is the first time in months that I've bothered,but like you say,we would've had a good run ,always amazed me that they hadn't put a stop to that straight away.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: November 29, 2019, 07:46:12 pm »
I went to buy something off AMAZON this morning and it said I could have Prime for 3 months for £11.99 then it goes to £79.00 per year.   Is this a good offer?     :)

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #188 on: November 30, 2019, 11:52:36 am »
I went to buy something off AMAZON this morning and it said I could have Prime for 3 months for £11.99 then it goes to £79.00 per year.   Is this a good offer?     :)

You can get it free for a month then keep renewing the trial with different emails if you wanted  ;D

Edit - maybe not anymore look at the posts above.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: November 30, 2019, 02:53:34 pm »
You can get it free for a month then keep renewing the trial with different emails if you wanted  ;D

Edit - maybe not anymore look at the posts above.

Should be able to use a couple of different cards to get 2 or 3 months free though.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #190 on: November 30, 2019, 08:25:35 pm »
Get yourself a NUS card (Totum) free prime for six months then £29 a year plus you get student discount on certain items.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: December 2, 2019, 12:44:01 pm »
Get yourself a NUS card (Totum) free prime for six months then £29 a year plus you get student discount on certain items.
I'm not a student so how would this be possible?

Too late now any way as I accepted their offer of Prime at 11.99 for 3 months.  They say that it then automattically goes to 79.00 for a year, unless I cancel, which I will do the last day of the 3 months.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: December 2, 2019, 05:24:17 pm »
I'm not a student so how would this be possible?

Too late now any way as I accepted their offer of Prime at 11.99 for 3 months.  They say that it then automattically goes to 79.00 for a year, unless I cancel, which I will do the last day of the 3 months.

You can cancel it now Paul,it'll be worded like you're going to lose everything straight away but on the last page it confirms that you only lose your benefits when the next payment doesn't go through.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: December 2, 2019, 06:59:44 pm »
Had it a few years ago and forgot to cancel and got charged the full amount but they refunded it, not sure if that option is still there.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #194 on: December 2, 2019, 07:36:53 pm »
Controversial view I know but I would say their TV content has been better than Netflix recently, Netflix do seem to have thrown a lot of money at some pretty indifferent shows (with a few honourable exceptions)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: December 2, 2019, 08:54:50 pm »
You can cancel it now Paul,it'll be worded like you're going to lose everything straight away but on the last page it confirms that you only lose your benefits when the next payment doesn't go through.
Ahh, okay thanks for that.  I appreciate it.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: December 3, 2019, 09:04:22 am »
Just signed up for amazon free trial and the promo for our game has Danny Hingingbottom, Jermaine Jenas and Clinton Morrisson previewing

that would be a massive let down if they're doing the analysis

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #197 on: December 3, 2019, 09:21:14 am »

It's not too bad for series stuff, American Gods, Jack Ryan and Preacher have all been up on it and of course Vikings shortly.

The film choices on offer are usually a bit disappointing though.

We've had a subscription to Prime for a good few years now simply as wifey likes the free and next day (even on Sundays!) delivery for any stuff she buys.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #198 on: December 3, 2019, 09:28:58 am »
We have had Prime for a few years now, mainly because of the discount and ease of delivery of nappies (FTW). I agree the movie selections are mostly poor, with the odd exception. The TV shows have been OK to good and are still improving. I've probably watched more series on Amazon than Netflix lately.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #199 on: December 3, 2019, 02:44:02 pm »
Can you share your Amazon account details with someone else for them to use it for watching the football?